Ad's taking over window

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Keltset

Kouhai
I know I'm new to posting but I've been coming to this site a while... anyways:

I know whenever you load a new page a framed page comes up with an advertisement and in the top right corner there is a "skip ad" button. However! When the advertise for topbrands comes up, specifically for super mario on the wii, it takes over the webpage. It removes the top frame automatically so you're unable to skip the ad and there is no way to go back to the original page.

And! Pushing the back button doesn't return you to the fansub.tv page you were originally looking at, it returns you to the page before THAT. i.e.

1)open Internet Explorer with homepage (www.google.com)
2)goto www.fansub.tv
3)page is redirected to the topbrands ad
4)push back button
5)returns you to your homepage (www.google.com)
6)push forward button: returns you to the topbrands ad

The last bit: as soon as this happens once, it doesn't stop, as soon as you view ANY fansub.tv page (from favorites or a new IE window) it automatically goes straight to the super mario wii ad page (within like .5 seconds or less).

help? or am I being stupid
if I'm being stupid.. I'm sorry!!!!

Please take a screenshot of the advertisement that does this. I might be able to track it down if I know what it looks like.

I keep getting an error when I'm trying to post a link

It says

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you cannot post any links or images at this time. Please try again tomorrow or ask a moderator to add the desired links or images to your post

this is the last part of the link, after the http and www part

yourtopbrands.com/94uMg61dd863?sud=11286

well... I'm still new too, but at least I just knew too that you cannot post links before you reach certain level...

According to chaosblade-sama, it should be -chi or something...
so yes, right now you can't post links...

And about your problem, I think I know what you should do...
Try to wait untill the page is opened, don't press the back button, coz, actually the ads are part of this website, so of course if you simply press back, then it'll give the last page you've been too...

Now if the page has opened succesfully, there should be a button on the top right page saying skip ad, simply click that, and there ya go... the ads are gone, and you get here...

Hope that will help...

If all of a sudden the ad slowly pops over the screen your on on the fansub site, that's normal. Although, if you see it redirect you to another web site, then it's something to worry about. Most of the times you can click on the Skip this Ad Button on the top righ tocrnner like dark_arua said, or you could refresh the web page and it should show the main page again. Although posting the link you could just copy the link from the address bar and paste it into your postings.

Aside from that let us know if your having this problem still or not.

QUOTE (Keltset @ Feb 19 2008, 01:38 AM) I know I'm new to posting but I've been coming to this site a while... anyways:

I know whenever you load a new page a framed page comes up with an advertisement and in the top right corner there is a "skip ad" button. However! When the advertise for topbrands comes up, specifically for super mario on the wii, it takes over the webpage. It removes the top frame automatically so you're unable to skip the ad and there is no way to go back to the original page.

And! Pushing the back button doesn't return you to the fansub.tv page you were originally looking at, it returns you to the page before THAT. i.e.

1)open Internet Explorer with homepage (www.google.com)
2)goto www.fansub.tv
3)page is redirected to the topbrands ad
4)push back button
5)returns you to your homepage (www.google.com)
6)push forward button: returns you to the topbrands ad

The last bit: as soon as this happens once, it doesn't stop, as soon as you view ANY fansub.tv page (from favorites or a new IE window) it automatically goes straight to the super mario wii ad page (within like .5 seconds or less).

help? or am I being stupid
if I'm being stupid.. I'm sorry!!!!
Guys, he ALREADY KNOWS that there should be a skip this ad button. He said that the button DOESN'T appear. THAT is the problem, not the fact that there is an ad but that it doesn't have a skip button to continue to FTV. Further, as he said - once it happens once, it continues to happen every time.

Read the full post before you suggest things that have already been covered
wink.gif

Now, for a solution:
I would suggest first doing a quick cache and cookie clear. It's possible that your cache or cookies are what are redirecting you - its happened before. Wiping them will prevent it from continuing to redirect.
If that doesn't work, it's also possible that you have an adware on your computer, so run a scan to make sure (I suggest AdAware or Spybot: Search&Destroy - both free programs).

If neither of these solutions work:
Then it's possibly the ad itself. Due to your current post count, you are unable to both post images and URLs (this is an anti-spam/anti-bot measure that FTV has). You should be able to PM the URL/Image to another user though. That said, next time you encounter the ad, take a screenshot and PM me or Daft with it and a quick explanation referring to this thread. I'll then post it for you, or Daft will take care of it himself.

QUOTE (Keltset @ Feb 19 2008, 02:58 AM)
yourtopbrands.com/94uMg61dd863?sud=11286
I just need to confirm one more time that this site came up instead of Fansub.TV with no options to "Skip This Ad" .

I'm having the same problem when attempting to click on a stock quote link from my Excite home page. The Skip Ad button in the yourtopbrands ad is not there and there is now way to proceed to the desired web page.

Use firefox. Download and install the noscript add-on and the adblock add-on. Have a nice day.

QUOTE (overfiend1976 @ Mar 06 2008, 03:41 PM) Use firefox. Download and install the noscript add-on and the adblock add-on. Have a nice day.
But if you do that you'll make Daft a very saaad panda.

Although sometimes you can try refreshing the page and it'll be like the ad didn't cover over the site. Unless it was one of those rare redirecting ads that come around here from time to time.

Got another add problem and screen shot for it (add with no ability to skip):

I'm pretty sure I don't have some kind of malware because this only comes up when accessing the main site

On my PC sometimes an ad offers an wmf-file and my antivir indetifies it as an Virus.

CODE Virus: EXP/MS06-001.WMF
Type: Exploit
In the wild: Yes
Reported Infections: Medium
Distribution Potential: Low
Damage Potential: Medium
Static file: No

Description:
EXP/IMG.WMF is a generic detection for exploits using a vulnerability in the Microsoft Windows Graphics Rendering Engine.

Modified WMF files that make use of this vulnerability can activate payload code without execution of the file itself. This may happen while marking a file in Windows Explorer or surfing to a malicious website using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Note that we received many files that make use of this vulnerability. Some of them were available even before the official patch was available which gained it the "0-day exploit" name.

Please make sure that you download and install the patch in order to be protected against this threat. The patch itself among further technical information can be found here: MS06-001

I don't see this as a big threat, but I don't think that an ad schould do this.

--
So long the-brain

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back