Access Cards

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

nyunyu

-san
Retired
Hm... what should I do about access cards... I know I want them but I'm not quite sure about the details yet...

I could make it so that when you swipe
1) change account and you're using a different balance
2) swipe, and you get access early access to the early reset
3) if there was a queue, swipe and move to the front...
4) any other ideas?

a quick explaination of my ideas...: changing accounts and using a different swipe would mean that the public account's hourly limit would be changed... getting access to the early reset means that you'll still be using the public account to download but you get a head start on the download race... and the third idea is based on the idea that there's a queue and you have to wait for the download to start.

As for how to get a swipe...
1) given out as a form of reward?
2) get them by donating x amount?
3) get them by paying x monthly?
4) any other ideas?

i'm open to suggestions and other ideas. we could even somehow integrate the forums with the access card and use the 1 credit = X posts idea that other forums seem to use. all the code right now is still rather lightweight and can be easily modified to almost any use, so feel free to throw out any ideas u might have even if they're a little crazy or futuristic sounding

That's the thing. Access cards and stuff like that hasn't been decided upon yet.

access card could be for private section

or x number of tix added ... eg 5 posts per tick rite??? with the access card, depends how much is donated and the tickets are added (eg eg ... 30 bux ... 300 tickets)

also ... it can be given out if someone is really active in a forum, maib more than 20 posts per day (every week reward prize) give them a tix access card wif 50 tix or somefin ..

my suggestion

i cant help but emphasize the problems that are atttracted such as spamming... when things like "rewards" as this are given in relation to post count.

will bandwidth isn't for free, & relaying on ads alone won't be enough just look at what happend to baka-ost, google & clicksor stoped their ads cause the "thought" that the admin. are using a program to clikck on the ads, when it was just the members!!!!

well i think this access card is great idea ...

to improve on it i fink its better for us all to chip in different ideas and come up wif the best possible answer

QUOTE (nekronos @ Nov 15 2004, 09:45 PM) i cant help but emphasize the problems that are atttracted such as spamming... when things like "rewards" as this are given in relation to post count.
exactly! I have seen many people spam just to access direct downloads. And when you have large masses of people spamming and leeching, it is quite hard to moderate the situation.

Even if you were to 'judge' these posts, that would be much too time consuming.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back