A FTV Radio station ?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Jamjum

-san
Sempai
biggrin.gif
im now using hammys server to bring out my music and ill buy a better mic just for it there no times dated now but i will now be doing that from now on
biggrin.gif

http://69.235.211.26:5700/listen.pls < is the server link so please copy and paste it and listen in when ever you or who ever gets a chance :T it also depends by ham and if he's online or not so i really have no idea.
more details coming soon so please come back and check
tongue.gif

This is pretty cool.. although I don't think I'll be using your radio channel as much cause I'm not normally on that much in the afternoons and I need silence at my work.. But aside from all that, I'll try to tune in as much as I can.. I'll probably give out some recommendations when I find myself listening to it more than I should..
wink.gif

QUOTE (Jamjum @ Jan 24 2007, 09:35 PM)
wink.gif
Hi,
Im Jamjum most of you know me as the cookie monster or the idiot on drugs but thats life right, anyway im here to say, how about a small streaming radio i have thought about it for a while and took some action. From now on i will be doing streaming radio after school and it will be streamed through VIA TS for now it is beta it is clear music no lagg no nothing all i ask for is everyones support I would actually like to have a channel that won't disappear every time i leave it but thats ok for now.

The way it works is you sign into TS and come to the FTV TS server and into my channel; sit back and listen to some nice techno or some old classic rock im now trying my hardest to find music that all of you will love and like so im open to suggestions i will now start at 4PM PST - 10PM PST if that im still short on hours on weekdays but i will try my hardest. I have asked daft if i could do this and he agreed what a nice guy huh
tongue.gif
well then i leave it up for you people to decide.

~FEED BACK
biggrin.gif
~
Hola Jamjum...I will support your idea of streaming radio....are we neighbors? I live in Southern California...Cali as in Calexico or So. Cal?
laugh.gif
I think the music you plan on playing is just what I like...I listen to KROQ alot and may have suggestions for you. Great idea.....
biggrin.gif
Boy...do I have a list already in my head....but first gonna check it out.
rolleyes.gif

@ Daft-sama...arigato gozaimasu for allowing Jamjum to start FTV radio.
laugh.gif

Sound like a good idea,and will break the deafening silence there is occasionaly on TS.
BTW is PST 8 hours behind GMT?
Well i will be up anyway so i look forward to lisning in.
biggrin.gif

yes PST is UTC-8 (UTC = GMT timezone wise)

jammy, nice to hear from u on the boards as well
seems like a great feature you got there, I'll be sure to stop by when I get the time
wink.gif

How about an "anime hour"...... like playing opening and ending songs from animes. Or japanese hour in general, to play some japanese rock, how about that?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Jan 25 2007, 12:08 PM) How about an "anime hour"...... like playing opening and ending songs from animes. Or japanese hour in general, to play some japanese rock, how about that?
That's possible but will be redundant since almost every night, we all sing karaoke and the songs are all from anime while on TeamSpeak.
rolleyes.gif

This was an idea that was processed by daft a few months ago
laugh.gif
. We haven't gone back to the idea, but we hope to, soon. There's no real details of it, but in our restricted section, there is talk of it. 'nuff said from me.

Plus, I happen to turn my radio on a few times a week

I like the idea too. Including the anime hour, or maybe asian artists in general because there are some who haven't contributed to anime that much or at all who are very good as well.
biggrin.gif
Be sure to post something here when you'll be doing that so that if I have a chance I can check it out. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

What do you know, we got ourselves anxious listeners, jamjum!

Well, it's unoffical broadcasting, but we manage to stream music via Teamspeak/shoutcast/anything that lets us broadcast live music. But yeah, Jamjum and I (as well as other members) would broadcast their playlist like that.

I stream via shoutcast because the quality of wave out to Teamspeak sucks for me.

I had another idea. Maybe you guys can take requests for anime, asian, and gaming music. More than likely you won't have the all the songs they requested but your next broadcast could have a slot for requests from the previous broadcast. Just a thought!
biggrin.gif

The problem is that we need a php page that can take on listeners for our radio page. I myself have the php scripts and all, but not server to host it or a web page to host it as my own. I know it's still possible to make a web page off my own IP, but I'm dropping the idea and searching for another possibility.

Other than that, you can always find people playing random music on TS.

Hey, hey..I'd be interested...but only if I get to spin some music and make small talk and use my verbal skills to the maximum .
rolleyes.gif
I could play music California style and FTV music.......haha, good luck, Jamjum....
laugh.gif

* Hurray more info about FTV radio station * -Still deciding-
Ok first off yes ham and i will use the same server since im an idiot and can't figure it out but anyway. .... Me and Ham both agreed about the Ham and Jam radio show we are still in the process of doing it for real, we need to set dates and all that im sure ham and me will figure it out but till then ill have to keep you all posted about it please come back and check as soon as possible and of course concerns or suggestions would be fantastic in that matter ill leave off.

This is mostly going to be me a ham talking to each other about random things going around the world or Anime and listening to song and reviewing games and all that sort of stuff but yea thats it please concerns or suggestions anything would help.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
While you guys sleep.. You guys should let speedy and i get control over the particular channel and we'll do an all-nighter talk show kind of thing..
tongue.gif
Well.. We do it a couple nights anyways just mainly in the "General Chats".. It's quite interesting.. Not that many people still up to entertain, but it's just something to kill time..
wink.gif

QUOTE (xcouger @ Feb 04 2007, 10:47 PM)
laugh.gif
While you guys sleep.. You guys should let speedy and i get control over the particular channel and we'll do an all-nighter talk show kind of thing..
tongue.gif
Well.. We do it a couple nights anyways just mainly in the "General Chats".. It's quite interesting.. Not that many people still up to entertain, but it's just something to kill time..
wink.gif

xcougar, sounds really interesting..the idea of an all night talk show..improvised, I suppose? I am going to keep an eye out for this on Teamspeak, and on the nights I do not work, going to sit in on the conversation and music. Great idea.

Well what we could do is set World Wide DeeJays. It makes a lot of things easier, and keeps the certain radio station going. Who knows, we'll probably get good feedback if we do this.

I think we'll talk this over on Teamspeak later. That way, we get major plans going.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back