07-Ghost

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: 07-Ghost
Genre: Military, Demons, Supernatural, Action, Magic, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy
Premier: April 2009 (apparently)
Original Creator: Yuki Amemiya & Yukino Ichihara
Animation Studio: Studio DEEN (possibly)
Director: Nobuhiro Takamoto
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
Music: Kotaro Nakagawa
Character Design: Maki Fujii
Art Director: Hirotsugu Kakoi
Chief Animation Director: Yukiko Ban
Director of Photography: Shinyo Kondo
Color Design: Eiko Kitazume
Sound Director: Hajime Takakuwa
Official Website: http://07-ghost.net/

Basic Info:

Anime adaptation of the manga of the same name by Yuki Amemiya and Yukino Ichihara.

CAST:

Saiga Mitsuki as Teito Klein
Sho Hayami as Ayanami
Hidenobu Kiuchi as Father (Bishop)
Hiroki Takahashi as King (of Raggs)
Junichi Suwabe as Frau
Kouki Miyata as Labrador
Susumu Chiba as Castor
Chiwa Saito as Kuroyuri
Daisuke Kirii as Bastien
Daisuke Kishio as Konatsu
Kazuya Nakai as Katsuragi
Kenji Hamada as Hyuuga
Mitsuo Senda as Miroku
Miyu Irino as Shuri Oak
Wataru Hatano as Haruse

Plot #1:

Teased unmercifully for his past as an orphan and a slave, Teito has only his best friend Mikage to ease his days at the elite Barsburg Academy - and his mastery of the magical art of Zaiphon! But even that will not be enough to save him when he discovers a horrifying secret behind the ruling Empire. Trapped in an ancient battle between a wicked God and the Seven Ghosts and guided by three mysterious priests, Teito discovers a power that could save the world...and shed light on his own mysterious past.

(~from Baka-Updates~)

Plot #2:

Barsburg Empire's Military Academy has always been known for training the elite with potential to become superb soldiers who won't bring shame to the name of the empire. The students of the special program freely utilize an ability called "zaiphon" to fight... Everyone's capabilities are different, and in many cases, reflect their nature.

However, not everything is what it seems, and nothing will be the same for Teito Klein after passing the last exam...

(~from MAL~)

Plot #3:

Set in a gothic fantasy world, this is the story of Teito Klein, an orphaned slave who became the top military academy student. However, an unexpected turn of events left him pursued by the forces of the Barsburg Empire. Now an escaping convict, Teito's sheltered by the church and it’s law of sanctuary. Here, he discovered many mysteries surrounding himself, the church, and the Empire itself. The fact that he might be connected to a dethroned king and the mystical stone of god, 'The Eye of Mikhael' made him the target of the empire more than ever. Fortunately the church is under the mythical 7 Ghost protection. But who are the Ghosts really. Will Teito be free from the military's clutch, And what of his said mission to uncover the history. And who is the military's Chief-of-Staff Ayanami exactly. Teito's future seems to have spiraled into an unexpectedly perilous path.

(~from ANN~)

My Thoughts:

I don't really know much about this series and I'm not even sure about which animation studio is gonna do this series....it looks like it will be Studio DEEN but I'm purely guessing on my part.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

O.O

Oh my God. I love this manga series to death (been following it since the first few chapters were published <3)! Teito was a war slave, also called a battle slave in the manga. Plot #3's pretty much the most relevant for a storyline sypnosis... The mangaka did not really go very deep into the theory of the zaiphon abilities and their supposed speciality that reflects the user's nature, unfortunately.

The artwork is a plus ;D

This April seems to be have some animes that I'm excitedly looking forward to (FMA s.2!) Thank you for the notice!!!

if they're going to follow the manga, indeed plot #3 is the closest. and AFAIK it is Studio DEEN's

I kinda like the story, but i must say the lack of female characters really put this one on the edge of ... well ... let's just say it can go to a certain kind of relationship... although... I hope not. ^^ don't know how the anime version will be tho.

I'm fine with the way things are. Primarily, I'm just afraid that if they do add a female character in, it'll be one of those, in my opinion, over-rated, cliche characters. i.e shy time, annoying in denial tsundere, the idealistic weak one...etc. No offense meant, but it'll destroy the pace. (I do understand what you mean of the...certain kind of relationship, though...because it does seem to be leaning to wards it xD I'm not as aversed to it as I used to be.)

That said though, I really like the idea of this story-line, and the progress. Since now in mangaverse, the eye "left" him, and he'll be having to train himself stronger so he can reclaim back the Eye, and work with it... The character developements!! The "history is written by its victors" plot. <3 It gets heartwrenching at times, but still love it.

it's not that i wanted to have more female char in it, i was just pointing out that it puts this title into an edge of something...
laugh.gif

and yes, i have the same thoughts. i don't have any grudge against that kind of stuff, nor interested in it either. but i still love how the story goes.
wink.gif

yes he lost it, and he still can't control it even when he had it. so he'll have to get stronger in both claiming it back and to be able to control it. ^^

Ah, apologies. I mistook the phrasing. It does imply, doesn't it! Ah, ah~ I'm eagerly waiting for this. Which group will be subbing this (sorry if I somehow missed this info bit)?

Hmm, and Teito's voice isn't what I really had in mind when I read 07 GHOST... I always thought it would be flatter, deeper, but not overly so. This voice just sounds a little.. round (though I did like the way he said "Iko, Mikage"). x.x just a random comment.

The first EP is out ?!

Anyway, I love the manga and I just wish that the art turns out good.

QUOTE (EndlessDreams @ Apr 08 2009, 03:25 PM) The first EP is out ?!

Anyway, I love the manga and I just wish that the art turns out good.
Has been, but today, it is picked up and subbed, by a fansub group whose fame lies in having subbed a series that while very good, is loaded with filler episodes.
rolleyes.gif
Will watch this one when I get home from work, in the morning. Last new series, I was waiting for, to watch. Goody!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 08 2009, 09:52 PM) Has been, but today, it is picked up and subbed, by a fansub group whose fame lies in having subbed a series that while very good, is loaded with filler episodes.
rolleyes.gif
Will watch this one when I get home from work, in the morning. Last new series, I was waiting for, to watch. Goody!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

make that two series XD

But yeah, I'm essentially surprised like the rest of you that Dattebayo is actually seriously doing this series (I hope). Glad to see it wasn't a troll and just hoping now they don't stop here.

OMG !

This shocked me
blink.gif

EP1 Watched. It's freakin awsome ! I like how they drew Teito's eyes
smile.gif

The artwork was superb.

I really wanted see the bishops and the mermaid
biggrin.gif

I think the first EP was a bit low on character intro.

I quite like the artwork so far in this show and first episode has given me high hopes for the show. I just know that those 2 guys are gonna end up having to confront each other some point though.
Still fingers crossed they can keep up the pace of the show
smile.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IN THE END... FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AY AY AY MADRE MIA!!!!!!!, i really really really loved the first episode!, and now we have to wait until next week!!!!!!!!!!! yesterday was my birthday... what a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooooooo i'm really happy!!!!!!!!!!! that's all folks!!!!!!!!!

yep. they did a good job on the animation. can't wait to see frau, castor, and labrador. i just hope that they'll keep things as the manga. kinda like the jokes there, especially when it involves frau and his hobby. ^^

I haven't read the Manga and probably won't until after now. Seems like a quality show so far. I'm glad they moved it out of the acadamy right away siche I don't think I could have stood two military school shows at a time since I'm already watching Regios.
wink.gif
Great episode structure that didn't waste any time getting us into the story. I'm pretty optimistic that this will turn out great.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Apr 10 2009, 02:33 PM) I haven't read the Manga and probably won't until after now. Seems like a quality show so far. I'm glad they moved it out of the acadamy right away siche I don't think I could have stood two military school shows at a time since I'm already watching Regios.
wink.gif
Great episode structure that didn't waste any time getting us into the story. I'm pretty optimistic that this will turn out great.

The manga's art for the background were also awesome. It was one of the best drawn manga for me.

The manga won lots of prizes too
smile.gif

QUOTE (EndlessDreams @ Apr 09 2009, 01:54 PM) EP1 Watched. It's freakin awsome ! I like how they drew Teito's eyes 
smile.gif

The artwork was superb.

Lots of eye candy for sure...beautifully animated boys...bishie haven again, for me
wink.gif
and with a good story to boot!
tongue.gif
Yes, Taito has the most beautiful, emerald green eyes I have ever seen to date, in an anime...I am already a fan of this series. Glad Dattebayo is subbing this one.
wink.gif
Looking forward to episode 2! Can't add anything else as I am still in awe of all the male beauty that's to be had...all mine!
laugh.gif

It's not actually 7. If you look at the torrent on the next page, you will see that it is actually Shinsen and Yuurisans subbing of episode 1.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back