Spring Season 2018 Line-Up & predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Attachments

• oie_5uXOtQztFuit.jpg
    oie_5uXOtQztFuit.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 361
--Steins Gate alt ending with 23 eps? really? Liked the series, but not sure this is necessary... seems like 'milking it' again... as the original had 'alt' endings.
--I have 3 continuing series,...none of which I would recommend... I still wonder if "Darling in the FranXX" will turn out interesting or not... slow going... the other two are rather tropey... Toji no Miko and Grandcrest Seki.. .. I'm just interested in how they end.. will the writing improve or not? It helps to watch them I think... as I usually don't... and so many of the projects seem like clones, that it's hard to tell them apart.
--Persona 5?
--Wotaku ni Koi...?
--Tada-kun...?
--Megalo Box sounds like a seinen project don't you think?
--Piano no Mori? sounds like a male SoL...not many of those ever show up...
--Saredo Tsumibito...?? not really my thing... but might check it out for an ep or two.. tropey as usual, but can the writer make it fresh? Hope springs eternal, no? ;)
--Ginga Eiyuu... Legends of the Galactic Hereos.... remix.... already started, and someone's review wasn't the best... not bad... just a little rushed etc...
--Mahou Shoujo Ore? magical girl + idol mix? :blink:
--Juushinki Pandora... yes, similar but a wee bit different? again, how good is the writing.

--Hitori no Shita: THe Outcast 2? a second cour... how was the first one?
--Butlers? Really? sounds forced... as usual.
-- Nil Admirari no Tenbin?.... not sure what to make of that one... fantasy/historical/romance.... otome game...?
--Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu... sounds a little yummy... could be a new legends of galactic heroes or not.. ;)

--Ah.... Amanchu! Advance.... second season is finally here for more chilled anime... why don't they make some with dudes instead of girls/women all the time?... I would assume the manga basis has a female customer base? so no men SoLs in manga?
-- To Be Heroing.... comedy parody of superpower heros... ?
-- Lostorage confalted WIXOSS.... no synopsis .... lots of young girls that look like the same artist drew them... is it another case of inbreeding?
-- Hisone to Masotan... another dragon rider storyline.... a kid project it seems.
--Yowamushi Pedal: 4th season... must be decent, no? manga must be popular enough to warrant 4 seasons...... anyone watch it?

--Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou.... is this a spinoff? sounds familiar... a bit of everything in it... novel based...
--Fumikiri Jikan.... manga SoL.... comedy... conversations of young women at railroad crossings... B) These usually turn out well.... the simplicity is a give away... I think.
--Layton Mystery.... kids mystery solving girl... with talking dog in London... 50 ep setup?! :blink: Game based... must be popular? 50 eps! to start!

--Cutie Honey Universe? manga... shoujo? isn't that kids? boys? I keep forgetting what these words mean! :D
--Hakyuu Houshin Engi... fantasy demon adventure ... shounen... teens to young males? manga base... 23 eps to start?

--Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season.... Part II... continuation of 2nd season.. with 13 eps.... manga based... was it any good?
--Souten no Ken: Regenesis..... manga... action martial arts... ? seems seinen, no?
--Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai.... comedy manga of the neighborhood of Gunma.... cultural focused...?
--Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori... .4 dudes running a tea shop.... is this like 'Bartender'? or some high school social club? only for adults? it is seinen SoL... have to check it out.

--LadySpo.... scifi comedy on female sporting bounty hunters?...
--Nobunaga no Shinobi.... it returns in its 3 minute format which I dislike very much, but the series is rather good... it would be much better to put them all togther. Hen?... doesn't mean the end/finale of the series?
--Wakaokami wa... sounds like Hanasaku Iroha.. but in kiddie format? shoujo..
--Kuroneko Monroe... essay manga? black cat and his human and their SoL... ?

gdpetti said:
--I have 3 continuing series,...none of which I would recommend... I still wonder if "Darling in the FranXX" will turn out interesting or not... slow going... the other two are rather tropey... Toji no Miko and Grandcrest Seki.. .. I'm just interested in how they end.. will the writing improve or not? It helps to watch them I think... as I usually don't... and so many of the projects seem like clones, that it's hard to tell them apart.
1 week left to try totally new series, which I'm only sure on watching Real girl.

-Hopefully better than its movies: 3. SA0 Alternative Gun Gale 0nline (filler?) ;/
4. Lupin III Part V Adventure in France (back to the roots for 50 Anniversary):)

Attachments

• oie_96RjpNhuZOzI.jpg
    oie_96RjpNhuZOzI.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 353
It's hard to tell on some of these... like how FranXX has gotten so much better in the last two eps... I think people could fast forward thru most of the first eps... which dragged etc... but has really showed promise in these last two eps.. I wonder how many other series are like that? Starting off way too slow, or IMO, not foreshadowing enough to clue in the audience that there's more going on that simple minded trope filling?

gdpetti said:
Ginga Eiyuu... Legends of the Galactic Hereos.... remix.... already started, and someone's review wasn't the best... not bad... just a little rushed etc...
I'm glad it isn't mostly about the Empire side, after unbeatable magician's past

- maybe a good S2 or retelling by Studio: 5. Steins;Gate 0 (White fox's 2 eps) :3
6. Ginga Eiyū Densetsu Die Neue These Kaikō (of Production I.G up to ep'4)^_^

gdpetti said:
--Cutie Honey Universe? manga... shoujo? isn't that kids? boys? I keep forgetting what these words mean! :D
Actually shōnen (shōjo is girls) in the 70s·manga, you'll see why It's for guys ;p

-not expecting much: 7. Cutie Honey Universe (felt more guilt than pleasure) ;(
8. Full Metal Panic! Invisible victory (haven't finished all previous series yet)<_<

gdpetti said:
It's hard to tell on some of these... like how FranXX has gotten so much better in the last two eps... I think people could fast forward thru most of the first eps... which dragged etc... but has really showed promise in these last two eps.. I wonder how many other series are like that? Starting off way too slow, or IMO, not foreshadowing enough to clue in the audience that there's more going on that simple minded trope filling?
i know ;( still not sure to keep watching many, unlike a few since the very start

- new on TV: 1. Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashi
2. Golden Kamuy
3. Piano no Mori
4. 3D Kanojo: Real Girl
5. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These (Longest 0VA series? also 3 movies):eek:

I just finished the 3 ep OVA of King's Avatar... good like S1... and I guess S2 comes out this summer... Not into gaming at all, but this series uses that 'world' rather well as a setting for this story... sort of like how gaming was used in Net-juu no Susume/Recovery of a MMO Junkie...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back