Takunomi.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Drinking at Home.
Japanese: たくのみ。
Airing date: 11/1/2018 (TV series, 12 short episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life, Shounen
Original creator: Haruto Hino
Director: Tomoki Kobayashi
Written by: Katsuhiko Takayama
Music by: Masato Suzuki
Character designer: Shinpei Kobayashi
Studio: Production IMS
Network: TBS, SUN, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "aventure bleu" by Maaya Uchida

Main cast: Michiru Amatsuki (天月みちる) voiced by Ayaka Imamura
Nao Kiriyama (桐山直) voiced by Chika Anzai
Makoto Kiriyama (桐山真) voiced by Maaya Uchida
Kae Midorikawa (緑川香枝) voiced by Mikako Komatsu
Official website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/takunomi/

Synopsis: 20-year-old Michiru Amatsuki moved to Tokyo due to a change of career. She decided to live in a woman-only share house "Stella House Haruno" with people of different age and occupations. It's always fun when there's delicious alcohol and meal!!

gdpetti said:
Takunomi sounds different for a SoL...
a short ep'1 of drunk girls, I'll give it another chance in part thanks to its OP :p

Takunomi is interesting.... reminds me of that Bartender anime, each ep is titled after a drink... and they have delicious food matched for it. ;)
Takunomi (Drinking At Home): Plot Summary: Michiru Amazuki is a 20-year-old woman who moves to Tokyo for a new job. She moves into Stella House, a share house for women. Her housemates all have widely different jobs and ages, but as long as they have alcohol and delicious food, everything turns out fine.

gdpetti said:
Takunomi is interesting.... reminds me of that Bartender anime, each ep is titled after a drink... and they have delicious food matched for it. ;)
as i enjoyed ep'2 drinking a whisky highball for the MC's 1st day at work, i find funny their warning to start... if most girls here look younger than 20 like New Game, surely a sign of modern anime yet getting drunk underwater in OP?!:lol:

As I said, this one reminds me of 'Bartender'.... each week a new drink is focused on... giving us a short history of it etc.... and they are filling out the character's storylines.... haven't seen the last ep yet.... it is SoL otherwise... which I like... laid back like "Yuru Camp".... which is educational as it entertains as well.... learning about camping in that one.

gdpetti said:
As I said, this one reminds me of 'Bartender'.... each week a new drink is focused on... giving us a short history of it etc.... and they are filling out the character's storylines....
alike yet more fun how each gal started, be alcoholic preference or reactions... from cat beer to wine and ginger ale, though ep'5 almost Citrus (not a drink!);)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEsaWTlI5es

Yeah, Bartender was more adult... for an older audience... this, like most animes, target the age of their MCs... young/er women... and pretty much, it's mostly them getting home to enjoy a different drink of the day/night... This has got to be supported by the industry... at least those liquors being presented... really nice advertising for them... quite great way to sell your product.... I forget what they call this product placement... maybe that's the term? direct insertion into the storyline is common, well, sometimes... but you have to pay for it... but I've never seen it done this well... I don't remember them dissing anything, just promoting those featured in that ep... those companies have to love this. They could show these eps online that advertise their product or have links with those scenes featured on the anime sites... which want/need the financial support... so 'win-win'! ^_^

Each gives us a little more characterization, but 'just enough'... not so much that it gets in the way of showcasing the drink of the week! Very interesting. I wonder what it's time slot is?

gdpetti said:
Each gives us a little more characterization, but 'just enough'... not so much that it gets in the way of showcasing the drink of the week! Very interesting. I wonder what it's time slot is?
it's aired at 2:43 AM alongside DagashiKashi S2 (2:28) which, shows a 'snack of the week' so both short series are alike... Btw I don't follow religious traditions but after seeing ep.6, i would for eating fish this Easter (and drink sake as if):d

The last two eps were only 12 minutes or so... I can't remember if the others were that short or not? I thought they were regular length... maybe sharing the timespot? I've heard of that before... and only 3rd shift workers are up at this time of night... so why even air these animes? :unsure: I still can't understand this aspect of the industry... don't they have other options on other stations... cable, satellite etc? Especially a show like this which seems a nice ad for the various alcohlic drinks in each ep... which must be paying for it, right? product placement doesn't get any better than this show! Never seen anything like it... even Yuru Camp doesn't name the product, just the type...

Other than not understanding the distribution industry in Japan of anime.... I still like this show.... even the short 12 min eps.... They could show this in bars.... give the customers a way to see other drinking options... maybe in supermarkets that sell liquer? It's a nicely packaged show.... hard working young women... carrying on the Japanese traditions in work and pleasure. ^_^ Little bits of drama to setup the weekly drinking sessions...

gdpetti said:
The last two eps were only 12 minutes or so... I can't remember if the others were that short or not? I thought they were regular length... maybe sharing the timespot? I've heard of that before... and only 3rd shift workers are up at this time of night... so why even air these animes? :unsure: I still can't understand this aspect of the industry...
others too! as I said above eps are half·length to share timespot, its late airing is like midnight movie premieres... For fans who can't wait? Now a 'mandatory swimsuit' ep.10, but were only flashbacks so i hope they'll all travel together :)

Ah, the drinking show is over.... these half eps work rather well... as it seems a rather excellent commercial for the drinking industy... the source material is ongoing, so I'd expect another season.
The writing works well for this genre... is it a genre? Nice characters, nice explanation and history of the drinks.. sake, beer, mixed... what's not to like? :D

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back