Citrus

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: citrus
Japanese: シトラス
Airing date: 6/1/2018 (TV series)
Genres: Drama, Romance, School, Shoujo Ai
Original creator: Saburouta
Director: Takeo Takahashi
Written by: Naoki Hayashi
Music by: Ryō Takahashi
Character designer and chief animation director: Izuro Ijuuin
Studio: Passione
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, SUN, BS Fuji
Opening theme: "Azalea (アザレア)" by Nano Ripe
Ending theme: "Dear Teardrop" by Mia Regina

Main cast: Yuzu Aihara (藍原子) voiced by Ayana Taketatsu
Mei Aihara (藍原衣) voiced by Minami Tsuda
Harumi "Harumin" Taniguchi (谷口はるみ) voiced by Yukiyo Fujii
Aihara Academy: Himeko Momokino (桃木姫子) voiced by Yurika Kubo

Kayo Maruta "Micchan" (丸田加代 "みっちゃん") voiced by Ikumi Hayama
Nene Nomura (野村寧音)
Suzuran Shiraho (白帆鈴蘭)

Supporting cast: Matsuri Mizusawa (水沢つり) voiced by Shiori Izawa (TV), Sayaka Horino (PV and drama CD)

Ume Aihara (藍梅) voiced by Kana Ueda
Shō Aihara (藍翔) voiced by Tomoaki Maeno
Sara Tachibana (タチバ・サラ) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Nina Tachibana (タチバ・ニナ) voiced by Rei Matsuzaki

Mitsuko Taniguchi (谷口みつ子)
Ichika (イチカ)
Kana (仮名)
Manami (マナミ)

Synopsis:
Fashionable Yuzu imagined the first day at her new school she transferred to after her mother's remarriage a bit differently; she didn't know it'd be an ultra-strict and conservative girls' school. So instead of a sweet high-school romance, she butts heads with the stern student council president Mei—who turns out to be her new stepsister. And she has to learn that hate and attraction are often not that far apart.

Masich said:
Citrus (Now I'm very cautious about this one. Because, despite being okay, it's still very cliché with Tsundere characters).
guess I'll take the risk after ep.1, dropping other gyaru and yuri shows lately!:p

Why is it always the 'student council president' that has to be involved in all of these high school projects? Is that person supposed to be 'special' in some way? It seems every one of them uses this plotline, but I do see that this character is the brunette, not the blond.... so drama, not comedy... isn't that the signal of the hair color? :unsure:

gdpetti said:
Why is it always the 'student council president' that has to be involved in all of these high school projects? Is that person supposed to be 'special' in some way? It seems every one of them uses this plotline, but I do see that this character is the brunette, not the blond.... so drama, not comedy... isn't that the signal of the hair color? :unsure:
actually it has comedic spots or else would be boring, still rare to see in series alike consequences by breaking rules... So no favoritism for fiancé teacher and granddaughter, expelled in ep'2 while her role model sis is a bad influence <_<

I think the animefemist site gave it a good first ep review.... but most of those early reviews are rather 'conditional' to what follows... and isn't this a 'GL' girl love thing? That ice skating BL was ok... but I'm tired of the same school settiing all the time.
Do you mean finance teacher? :blink: One letter can make a big difference, but you added an accent mark, so?? BTW... is that accent mark on newer or different keyboards or apps or different language than english keyboard? Just curious, I think that's the case usually.

gdpetti said:
Do you mean finance teacher? :blink: One letter can make a big difference, but you added an accent mark, so??
I mean such cheater was engaged to its student council president, but finance can apply here too ;p a rich girl after all... so ep.3 gets better now that the MC realized her feelings, helping their sick gramps despite his harsh attitude :huh:

It's been a while since I saw kind of an aggressive yuri series in a way. I'm almost shocked I nearly overlooked this.

Kid-Wolf said:
It's been a while since I saw kind of an aggressive yuri series in a way. I'm almost shocked I nearly overlooked this.
also looks like things will heat up more with a rival in ep'4, at first i thought on Harumin but was Mei's childhood friend... KoiAme is another polemic romcom i'm liking so far, i see too different ages less usual than yuri series nowadays!;)

isn't Citrus a GL? I heard the setup was rather good, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.. never really watched one before, same with the BL like in that figure skating anime.. which was rather good, but not as good as the fans claim it to be.. but isn't that typical? ;)

gdpetti said:
isn't Citrus a GL? I heard the setup was rather good, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.. never really watched one before, same with the BL like in that figure skating anime.. which was rather good, but not as good as the fans claim it to be.. but isn't that typical? ;)
do you mean Girls' love? better known as yuri, if it's the 1st time you try one I think this Is good enough up to ep.7... Like about their dads lately but another rival childhood friend, now Yuzu's yet no future in that kind of relationship?-_-

gdpetti said:
I think the animefemist site gave it a good first ep review.... but most of those early reviews are rather 'conditional' to what follows...
ep'10 picks up again after its troublesome loli's arc yet as Masich warned, both MCs are so-tsundere especially Mei... Still a fun school trip now that the twins debut at last, their personalities stand out (it's like if they swapped bodies):lol:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back