Winter Season 2018 Line-Up & predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ooooh Early shopping list! Thank you Ryu

Let's see...
1. Overlord S2 (I will be honest, most likely the only series I will stick to).
2. Citrus (Now I'm very cautious about this one. Because, despite being okay, it's still very cliché with Tsundere characters).
3. Dagashi Kashi 2 (No idea what it will bring, apart from candy information, of course, but it's a time filler at least).
4. Death March Kara etc. (I don't like it, I don't dislike it. Purely by its slow and weird development, Who knows how the anime may hit people?)
5. (Movie) Chuunibyou (What can I say? I've watched it in 2012, so might as well hope for a finish).
6. (Special) Net-Juu (Why the hell not? Although I may be calling it too soon, Only seen the current 4 episodes at the time of this post).

Masich said:
Ooooh Early shopping list! Thank you Ryu

Let's see...
you're welcome, nice to see your watchlist more possible picks than previously

-'hopefully better than its latest season(s): 3.Dagashikashi 2 (as you pointed) ;/
4. Fate/Extra: Last Encore (apocrypha is ok but it's studio Shaft we talk about);)

Attachments

• dEnrKcpCTLcI.jpg
    dEnrKcpCTLcI.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 237
Mahou Tsukai no yome is a second cour, right? so a continuation...
Black Clover is over 50eps? How is that one going? Any good?
Overlord 2? never heard of #1, how is it? no synopsis given...
Violet Evergarden does indeed sound like a KyoAni project.. :) either it works or it doesn't, so many aren't very different... at least the concept is here.
Grancreast Seki could have potential... so many of these seem direct copies, some of themselves.... this repetition is found in all the 'art' worlds... so no surprise really.
3 gatsu no Lion.... ??? a second season... how was/is the first one going?
Dagashi Kashi... another second season... how is the first one?
Darling in the Fran XX? a mecha series... I like the poster. ^_^
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi... rather simple concept... manga based.... could be 'cute'?

Kokkoku... time stops.... could be interesting. Any word on what the manga's like?
Koi Wa Am.... sounds like a pedophile project... similar here in the west in the attempt to legalize it... which is their goal... .and they control the govts... et al... so no surprise these projects keep showing up.

Marchen Madchen... a different concept anyway... light novel.... ?
Toji no Miko... girl fantasy stuff.... probably magical girl type, no?
Hakata Tonkotusu Ramens?..... action project? some of these don't yet have synopsis... some of the synopsis aren't good summations.. ? :wacko:
Killing Bites? not sure what to say about that one... it could be funny, if it was any good... anything can be 'good' in its genre, if it's well written.
Cardcaptor Sakura seems like a young Sailor Moon character... i think that was one of the first anime i saw... outside of that mecha film long long ago... don't really remember it at all. :huh:

Takunomi sounds different for a SoL...
Hakumei to Mikochi sounds like 'the little people' storyline... a variation on it.... could be 'cute' as well.

Ashita wa Doyoubit is some spin off series of something I never heard of .... ?
Yuru Camp? SoL territory... I wonder why it's labeled 'seinen'?... a manga base...
Basilisk: Ouka... is a sequel, spinoff or something ... 10 yrs later?/ how was the first one?

Ito/u Junji: Collection.... a collection of his short stories... no synop of course. :wacko:
Slow Start sounds so familiar... but they work.
Touken Ranbu: Hana 2.... time travel? protectors? How was the first season? seen this plotline before... too bad they don't know that you can't 'protect' the 'future'... Einstein learned this with his UFT... no wonder it wasn't shared with the public.
Mitsuboshi Colors.... SoL .... three cute little girls who hang out together... I usually like these SoL's.... follows their largely happy daily life? :p So, essentially a fantasy project, no? :D and never 3 dudes... almost never... the guy or buddy stuff is usually action based... perhaps those plotlines hide out in the mecha terrritory?
Pop Team Epic? the poster used on wikipedia has the two girls smiling and giving us the middle finger!.... it is a comedy.. they should have used that poster in this lineup... way better!
Uchuu yorimo tooi basho... 4 girls going to the south pole? SoL stuff. hmmm, maybe going for the Admiral Byrd of Operation Highjump 'glory'? :lol: I doubt they want to go in that direction... :ph34r:

gdpetti said:
Black Clover is over 50eps? How is that one going? Any good?
really 51?! also annoying yells, I'll better wait to read what others post about...

- could be good telling by Studio: 5. Beatless (famous band pun? Diomedéa) ;p
6. Death March Kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyōsōkyoku (Silver Link but Connect?)<_<

Attachments

• RpMupe5RzRYq.jpg
    RpMupe5RzRYq.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 207
gdpetti said:
Mahou Tsukai no yome is a second cour, right? so a continuation...
Overlord 2? never heard of #1, how is it? no synopsis given...
Dagashi Kashi... another second season... how is the first one?
Yep, Mahou Tsukai is simply the Left-over (it's 24 episodes total, 6 have aired so far)

Overlord, Well... Guy plays game until the server goes down forever (end of game service) and he gets teleported to an other world as his Overpowered Magic-Caster character + with his old Guild's own Huge Dungeon with the npcs and bosses (Who are now actually alive) on a search to probably take over the new world. I like it, because it's like the whole being teleported to a new world. But as a Godlike Undead Villain!!

Dagashi Kashi, Let's say its an anime that gives more information about Candy and Misunderstandings compared to actually having a plot. I watched it to kill time.

I see Fate/Extra in that list..... Looks like it might be either between Extra and CC, Extra itself, or before Extalia here. Either way more umu in a way for me here. Since Shaft is doing it I'm expecting a lot of "Dat Head Tilt" here. Also, I hope to see Liz animated here since she is my favorite Servant in the Extra storyline.

Other that that yes I would like to see more of Overlord here since I was hoping it would continue. Also Dagashi Kashi was fun to watch since you kind of learned about Japanese sweets and it was kind of fun to watch. Although Death March looks promising in a way here, but I'm kind of worried it may turn out to be one of those Issekai harem series. Also, Märchen Mädchen seems like an interesting series, I just hope it's something that I would like here.

Masich said:
Dagashi Kashi, Let's say its an anime that gives more information about Candy and Misunderstandings compared to actually having a plot.
as TezukaPro (Atom, Black Jack) animates S2 might be more plot than ecchi ¬¬

-not expecting much: 7.'Itō Junji collection (Deen's new psychological horror) ;(
8. Citrus (let's see if studio Passione (Rokka no yūsha, Rail Wars) improved :lol:

PopTeam Epic wasn't funny at all... dropped. It's like they aren't even trying and they make fun of it themself... like someone gave the money to piss away... <_<
PopTeamEpic: is a 4koma absurd comedy manga series by the doujin artist bkub[...] ... The series follows the bizarre adventures of the 14-year-old highschoolers Popuko and Pipimi, and features absurd comedy and heavy meta jokes on the manga and anime industry.
Marchen Madchen is a teen girl introduced to magical academy storyline... first ep is ok.
Marchen Madchen (Fairy Tale Girls):Plot Concept: When the two girls meet, magic begins. Hazuki Kagimura loves stories, an orthodox girl who is overly imaginative. Because her relationship with her new family does not go well, the environment sends her toward the stories in which she spends her days. One day after school, Hazuki gets lost among the bookcases of the library, leading her to a mysterious school where meets Shizuka Tsuchimikado. It is a magic school where girls (called “mädchen”) are selected by the magical texts from which the world’s stories are born. Hazuki herself is said to be chosen by the book of Cinderella. In order to become a true magician, Hazuki becomes friends with Shizuka and begins her new life at the school.
Mitsuboshi Colors is about 3 little girls... SoL... a little too young comedy stuff for my taste, but it seems done well enough..... the review is correct, but she was a mother of little kids... and I'm not.
Black Clover was too tropey for my tastes... seems targeted for boys under 12.... MC is over the top.. does it get better waaaaay down the road? <_<
Gakuen Babysitters is ok first ep, SoL, but I'm having trouble with the initial concept on his parents.... doesn't make sense... but kids alone in Japan is so tropey isn't it?

Kokkoku definitely... as me likey the time travel projects :wub: and when there's a magical aspect to a show, I tend to gravitate towards it, at least for a while.. depending upon whether the story is any good or not, such as Marchen Madchen.. basic high school girl thing... but I'm always looking to see if anything new, different, etc shows up...nothing yet... rather basic. What I mean by that is what I just came across in Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni... the MC is our seeker of truth.. the 'light bearer', which can be seen from a positive and negative standpoint esoterically, such as this reference: https://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/the-occult-symbolism-of-the-los-angeles-central-library/
“Believing Venus to be two bodies, the Ancient Greeks called the morning star Φωσφόρος, Phosphoros(Latinized Phosphorus), the “Bringer of Light” or Ἐωσφόρος, Eosphoros (Latinized Eosphorus), the “Bringer of Dawn”. The evening star they called Hesperos (Latinized Hesperus) (Ἓσπερος, the “star of the evening”). By Hellenistic times, the ancient Hesperos would be translated into Latin as Vesper and Phosphoros as Lucifer (“Light Bearer”), a poetic term later used to refer to the fallen angel cast out of heaven.
– William Sherwood Fox, The Mythology of All Races: Greek and Roman
[...]
In Conclusion
To most people, the Los Angeles Public Library is nothing more than a functional building, which happens to be beautifully ornamented. When one understands the occult symbolism displayed around the complex, the Library turns into a temple of illumination, dedicated to occult mysteries and Masonic principles. It is a celebration of the accomplishments of the Luciferian elite and of the prevailing of its occult philosophy. The fact that the library is dedicated to secret societies, despite the fact that the LAPL is publicly funded, tells volumes about the true nature of America’s power.

After reading this article, some might ask: “If seeking knowledge is a Luciferian trait, and if Lucifer is traditionally associated with evil, does it mean that seeking knowledge is wrong?”. Heck no. Seeking knowledge will never be wrong and being ignorant will never be right. Knowledge leads to wisdom and discernment while ignorance leads to confusion and bewilderment. Furthermore, it is only by fully understanding the forces at work in the world that one becomes in a position to truly accomplish good in society. Conversely, an ignorant person can easily be manipulated by deceivers to become their unknowing accomplices. No matter what term is used to describe the search for Truth, it will always be the noblest of deeds, regardless of one’s creed or religion. The faculties of learning and understanding are not the exclusivity of one group of people. They are gifts endowed to all humans and it is our duty to make the most of them. The most important thing to consider is this: Do you use knowledge to guide, inspire and enlighten or do you use it to control, manipulate and deceive? We have seen in previous articles how the elite uses their knowledge to manipulate the masses. What will you do with yours?
I was checking out the esoteric references in the latest Justin Timberlake video, the usual Satanic stuff which shows up everywhere because our our situation here in Purgatory (Earth as Eden after the Fall).... but the 'dark side' is used by the 'light side' as a reflection to 'know thyself',.... thus their role like the quote from Faust's Mephistopheles character about 'wanting to do evil, but doing good'.... for others.. as they setup the obstacle course in self conscious awareness here in Purgatory... without knowing it... thus the adage, 'They know not what they do'... it's interesting to see this in that anime.. the MC represents this symbolism... I didn't remember the symoblic use of the name when watching it... but it's pretty basic, whether you know the name or not, but it is a big deal in the Satantic circles.... they love to play with the names, numbers etc... a distraction game for them, same as they then use against us... 'divide and conquer', distract and destroy etc.. basic use of propaganda.

:blink: Ok.... I'm still glancing that article just now... A few anime either haven't started yet, or I haven't gotten around to the yet.... Still watching Magus Bride.... good, but not as good as the OVAs... this series is going slow by comparison. Gakuen Babysitters.. is a rather realistic portrayal of the situation.. how kids that age act... not sure if I want to keep watching it though. :unsure: Same with Mitsuboshi Colors... nice portrayal of girls that age, but not for me... I like Yuru Camp... so laid back.... nice one to watch before going to bed... helps you sleep ^_^ I haven't checked out that Antarctica one yet... as well as a couple of others... otherwise I check out others reviews first to see if the writing is ok or not, or the concept is one I like.... same with everyone, no? I think Violet Evergarden and Record of Grancrest War is on that list... saw a decent first review of them...

Record of Grancrest War is as the comments say, 'rushed'..... it's ok, but the plotline is really being pushed fast instead of 'milking' it.... those that read the source material said so and you can tell... .it's still ok, but it's hard to get into it when they are pushing it so fast.

Still liking Takunomi... a different drink is focused on in each ep... like Bartender in that regard. Darling in the FranXX seems tropey, but it isn't bad yet... as they are still setting up the story/world etc... which will likely go on for a few more eps.... until we get into whatever it is meant to be.

Well, Grancrest War is turning out alright now... slowed down, filling out the characters a bit more... but it still needs to fill in the whole world setup better... and it's bound to get ridiculous IMO once the 'demons/vampires' or whatever come in to play full time, but as of now, it's alright.. some stupid aspects to the romance but this isn't seinen, so that's expected, right? :rolleyes: Isn't that the usual problem with these projects for the under 14 or so demographic? Everything I've seen has this same problem. ;) Are they all written by a certain type of writers or what? :D I originally said guys, but then I remembered Harry Potter with the same problems in development of the 'love' relationships, very underdeveloped those were and this seems basic to the kid genres... Oh well. The writer of GS should still be developing the characters better than this... it's better, but the worldsetup was never really done, so everything seems unfinished or whatever... like a drawing that hasn't been filled in or painted yet... and there's some good characters here.... I think perhaps too many characters, which require a broader brush and time to flesh them out... like that other period empire anime from last season I liked... the Pasha thing... :unsure: the writing in this makes me wonder about the source material... LN and table top game?.... Hmmm... maybe they should see those Key animes from their games.. on how to hook up all the different arcs?

But overall, much improved.... though some aspects in the warcraft are :rolleyes:... again, designed for kids.... as to write it for adults would require some work... as in research and at least a little knowledge of human nature. :huh:

gdpetti said:
Well, Grancrest War is turning out alright now... slowed down, filling out the characters a bit more... but it still needs to fill in the whole world setup better... and it's bound to get ridiculous IMO once the 'demons/vampires' or whatever come in to play full time, but as of now, it's alright.. some stupid aspects to the romance but this isn't seinen, so that's expected, right? :rolleyes: Isn't that the usual problem with these projects for the under 14 or so demographic? Everything I've seen has this same problem. ;) Are they all written by a certain type of writers or what? :D I originally said guys, but then I remembered Harry Potter with the same problems in development of the 'love' relationships, very underdeveloped those were and this seems basic to the kid genres... Oh well. The writer of GS should still be developing the characters better than this... it's better, but the worldsetup was never really done, so everything seems unfinished or whatever... like a drawing that hasn't been filled in or painted yet... and there's some good characters here.... I think perhaps too many characters, which require a broader brush and time to flesh them out...
you don't look so convinced :/ still, after i try Spring series I'll reconsider it like

6. Fate/Extra: Last Encore
7. Darling in the FranXX
8. Yuru Camp
9. Takunomi.
10. Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (very few eps at Antarctica)-_-

Crap, seems I pushed the wrong button... no 'undo' feature on this browser... :angry:
I wouldn't recommend Granndcrest... it's a collection of tropes... the writing is getting better as it slows down, but the backstory isn't given much and there's all the other tropes to return soon... it's interesting to watch from a technical aspect of the writing, but not worth it otherwise... I'm just interested in seeing the writing/directing in progress... etc.

Watching another trope filled girl thing... Toji no Miko... nothing special in it.. and it seems it was greenlit for a complete 24 ep season from the start... it's ok, that's all....
Others like the little girl thing Mitsuboshi Colors, I'm watching... it's ok... for parents as well... basic.. never watched a complete cour on one like this before... and it's almost over.... it really is for little kids, but the adults in it are actually written well... interesting from that standpoint.
Marchen Madchen is tropey as well.... nothing special in it.... seems the writer of the manga died... so don't expect more eps i guess. :blink:
Others I haven't finished catching up on yet...

gdpetti said:
I wouldn't recommend Granndcrest... it's a collection of tropes... the writing is getting better as it slows down, but the backstory isn't given much and there's all the other tropes to return soon... it's interesting to watch from a technical aspect of the writing, but not worth it otherwise... I'm just interested in seeing the writing/directing in progress... etc.

Watching another trope filled girl thing... Toji no Miko... nothing special in it.. and it seems it was greenlit for a complete 24 ep season from the start... it's ok, that's all....
Others like the little girl thing Mitsuboshi Colors, I'm watching... it's ok... for parents as well... basic.. never watched a complete cour on one like this before... and it's almost over.... it really is for little kids, but the adults in it are actually written well... interesting from that standpoint.
Marchen Madchen is tropey as well.... nothing special in it.... seems the writer of the manga died... so don't expect more eps i guess. :blink:
if you say so lately, I won't bother giving them another chance while I stick to:

Ongoing (TV, 0VAs or 0NAs): 1. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: AI no Senshi-tachi
2. Darling in the FranXX 2nd cour
3. Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls
4. Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan Spring arc
5. Digimon Adventure Tri. (finale soon):huh:

gdpetti said:
when there's a magical aspect to a show, I tend to gravitate towards it, at least for a while.. depending upon whether the story is any good or not, such as Marchen Madchen.. basic high school girl thing... but I'm always looking to see if anything new, different, etc shows up...nothing yet... rather basic.

Record of Grancrest War is as the comments say, 'rushed'..... it's ok, but the plotline is really being pushed fast instead of 'milking' it.... those that read the source material said so and you can tell... .it's still ok, but it's hard to get into it when they are pushing it so fast.
Are them worth enough lately, or Toji? the others I still see since first seasons:

6. Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Series
7. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen
8. Steins;Gate 0
9. Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
10. Lupin III: Part V (almost 50 years from S1):mellow:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back