• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

This show isn't bad... but if you aren't already a fan, it mostly falls rather flat.... a few highpoints... but making nearly everyone 'invincible' or too likeable or too stupid like Spartacus?? WTF did they do to him??!! :angry:  A western creative team wouldn't even mess with this historical persona this way... is that because it is this history? Do the Nipponese or Chinese or Asian in general.. in the arts mess with their own archetypes/heroes this way? taking so many liberities, messing around with their tropes, personalities, sex etc?  I'm guessing the answer is no.... But I don't know...

Actually they like to mess up Eastern ones, specially Oda Nobunaga xD its war has rules nobody is invincible but yes... poor Berserkers ;( still I enjoyed ep.11 as usual respect your opinion, yet you're taking FA a bit too seriously :mellow:
0ctober halloween: Himōto! Umaru-chan -a: Monstaa!, s: Kirie

Scores of my Latest Top 20 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Sakura Quest - 10/10 (ongoing?) A+
2. Knight's & Magic - 10/10 (ongoing?) B-
3. Himouto! Umaru-chan R - 9/10 (airing) A
4. Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi - 9/10 (o) B+
5. New Game!! - 9/10 (ongoing?) A+
6. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - 8/10 (airing) B
7. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season - 8/10 (waiting S3) B
8. Gamers! Amano Keita to Seishun Continue - 8/10 (ong?) A
9. Isekai Shokudou - 8/10 (ongoing?) A+
10. Re:Creators - 7/10 (ongoing?) B+
11. Dragon Ball Super - 7/10 (airing) B-
12. Shoukoku no Altair - 7/10 (airing) B+
13. Fate/Apocrypha - 7/10 (recap) C-
14. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 6/10 (ongoing?) C-
15. Ballroom e Youkoso - 6/10 (airing) B
16. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 6/10 (ongoing?) B
17. Love Love! Sunshine!! S2 - 5/10 (airing) A-
18. Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei - 5/10 (og) B-
19. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 5/10 (ongoing?) A
20. The Reflection: Wave One - 4/10 (airing) B-
* G. pleasure: [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijou S2 - 4/10 (ar) A-

#22 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

I like Nobunga, but it's so damn short that it feels a burden to go through all it for just a few mintues... the titles are almost longer! :rolleyes:  It'd be better if they just edited it all together... it'd only be about one regular ep length... which they probably will later.

As for taking FA too seriously, I think it's mostly that I know some of the 'hero' backgrounds enough to see how they are messing with them... and it simply doesn't make sense.. which wouldn't be too bad if this was more of a comedy like Nobunga.... which seems like a cool way to learn history for little k ids... as an introduction to history... but I don't know the history covered in it to know how much they are messing with it, so I can't take it seriously, and they don't seem to themselves either... fun show, just too damn short! :angry:

Were the other Fate versions done in the same manner as this one? If so, the 'heroes' are in name only, right? Using the 'mask' of the hero, and not really the person themselves, which doesn't matter if the audience doesn't know about them. That humunulous guy with the hero's heart seems to be the one they are pushing into the real hero archetype... but they really aren't giving him the proper treatment... the 'Grail Quest'... the journey which is the quest... the grail within.  A good demo of this done 'right' is when Lucas met with Joseph Campbell for Star Wars to get his 'heroes' 'right'....( https://en.wikipedia...e_Power_of_Myth)... of course, you could say that this kid is like young Luke Skywalker when he leaves Yoda early to help his friends.... unprepared is he for the battle he soon faces with his 'father', which cost him a limb.. the price you pay for your ignorance, which he only learns later returning to Yoda to finish his studies/training.

so maybe that's where this anime's storyline will take him?... it does seem rather comical at times, meant for boys... who are only dreaming of being a hero. Divergence is implied it seems... typical of hero journeys along the path... to divert the young potential hero from their true quest.... too serious perhaps.. but I think mostly that I see the pattern in play and would like it done truer to form... but usually the production teams stick to the usual trope show. Isn't that what's being done here? that kid seems the odd one out.. young Luke. :ph34r:

PS... perhaps another reason I'm taking this a little more 'serious', is that this production team included the role of the scribe... another historical figure of Shakespeare.... the one who crafts the image of the 'hero'/mask on which the archetype rests.... otherwise, why is that character there? so far, his role seems mostly comical or jester like... he must have a bigger or more important role later... as these heroes exist because of the stories later told about them by these scribes/writers/animators... without which, they would cease to exist... but the archetypes would be reborn anew in the next civilization... which is what these hero stories usually point to... the next generation... like young Luke, and in the new version of Star Wars, the girl plays that part, and Luke the teacher like Yoda....  Oh well...

#23 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Were the other Fate versions done in the same manner as this one? If so, the 'heroes' are in name only, right? Using the 'mask' of the hero, and not really the person themselves, which doesn't matter if the audience doesn't know about them. That humunulous guy with the hero's heart seems to be the one they are pushing into the real hero archetype... but they really aren't giving him the proper treatment... the 'Grail Quest'... the journey which is the quest... the grail within. A good demo of this done 'right' is when Lucas met with Joseph Campbell for Star Wars to get his 'heroes' 'right'...

now that you mention SW Finn and Sieg are MCs alike, clone 'failure' with free will returns to fight after escaping... so is bad if historical figures aren't exactly as we 'know' like ep'12, a Dracula Re:created by Bram Stoker or Castlevania?B)

10. Re:Creators - 7/10 (ongoing?) B+
11. Dragon Ball Super - 7/10 (airing) B-
12. Shoukoku no Altair - 7/10 (airing) B+
13. Fate/Apocrypha - 7/10 (recap) C-
14. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 6/10 (ongoing?) C-
15. Ballroom e Youkoso - 6/10 (airing) B
16. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 6/10 (ongoing?) B
17. Love Love! Sunshine!! S2 - 5/10 (airing) A-
18. Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei - 5/10 (og) B-
19. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 5/10 (ongoing?) A
20. The Reflection: Wave One - 4/10 (airing) B-
* G. pleasure: [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijou S2 - 4/10 (ar) A-

#24 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

Fate/Apocrypha cour 2, more recap Betrayals or recontracts than other Fate/s?
tumblr_osfmvytQUu1rrzgqbo1_r1_540.jpg fa-2nd-cour-kv.jpg

it seems that Astolfo's Master snapped when he decided to protect Sieg from the group over looking her way, and it looks like she might end up doing something overtly insane if she isn't kept in check.

not anymore by ep'13 xD so, last boss is Amakusa like in Samurai'Shodown?:P