Fate Spinoffs: Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo (2019), Extra~Last Encore~Irusterias Tendōron, Emiya-san Chi no Kyō no Gohan (2018) & Apocrypha (2017)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Fate/Apocrypha
Japanese: フェイト/アポクリファ
Airing date: 1/7/2017 (TV series 25 episodes)
Genres: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Magic, Supernatural
Original creator: Kinoko Nasu (TYPE-MOON)
Original character designers: Ototsugu Konoe (light novel) and Akira Ishida (manga)
Director: Yoshiyuki Asai
Written by: Yūichirō Higashide (LN)
Music by: Masaru Yokōyama
Character designer and chief animation director: Yūkei Yamada
Sub-character designer: Tomoko Sudō
Art director: Kazuhiro Inoue
Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
CGI director: Hiroshi Nakajima
Action director: Hayao Enokido
Director of photography: Masaharu Okazaki
Background art by: Nobuhito Sue
Color setting by: Makiko Doi and Takahiro Mogi
Monster design by: Hidekazu Ebina
Prop design by: Kazuma Tanaka and Kiminori Itō
Editing by: Ayumu Takahashi
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11, GTV, GYT, MBS
Opening theme: "Eiyū - Unmei no Uta (英雄運 命の詩 / Heroes - Song of Fate)" by Egoist
Ending theme: "Désir (Desire)" by Garnidelia

Main cast: Ruler (ルーラー) / Joan of Arc (ジャンヌ・ダルク) voiced by Maaya Sakamoto
Sieg (ジーク) voiced by Natsuki Hanae

Red faction: Saber of Red (赤のセイバー) / Mordred (モードレッド) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Archer of Red (赤のアーチャー) / Atalante (アタランテ) voiced by Saori Hayami
Lancer of Red (赤のランサー) / Karna (カルナ) voiced by Kōji Yusa

Rider of Red (赤のライダー) / Achilles (アキレウス) voiced by Makoto Furukawa
Caster of Red (赤のキャスター) / William Shakespeare (ウィリ アム・シェイクスピア) voiced by Tetsu Inada
Berserker of Red (赤のバーサーカー) / Spartacus (スパルタクス) voiced by Satoshi Tsuruoka

Assassin of Red (赤のアサシン) / Semiramis (セミラミス) voiced by Kei Shindō
Black faction: Saber of Black (黒のセイバー) / Siegfried (ジークフリート) voiced by Junichi Suwabe

Archer of Black (黒のアーチャー) / Chiron (ケイローン) voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi
Lancer of Black (黒のランサー) / Vlad III (ヴラド三世) voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu
Rider of Black (黒のライダー) / Astolfo (アストルフォ) voiced by Rumi Ōkubo

Caster of Black (黒のキャスタ) / Avicebron (アヴィケブロン) voiced by Mitsuru Miyamoto
Berserker of Black (黒のバーサーカー) / Frankenstein's monster (フランケンシュタインの怪物) voiced by Ai Nonaka
Assassin of Black (黒のアサシン) / Jack the Ripper (ジャッ ク・ザ・リッパー) voiced by Sakura Tange

Masters of Black: Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia (ダーニック・プレストーン・ユグドミレニア) voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama

Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia (フィオレ・フォルヴェッジ・ユグドミレニア) voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki
Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia (カウレス・フォルヴェッジ・ユグドミレニア) voiced by Yūsuke Kobayashi
Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia (ゴルド・ムジーク・ユグドミレニア) voiced by Tōru Ohkawa

Celenike Icecolle Yggdmillennia (セレニケ・アイスコル・ユグドミレニア) voiced by Shizuka Ishigami
Roche Frain Yggdmillennia (ロシェ・フレイン・ユグドミレニア) voiced by Emiri Katō
Reika Rikudō (六導玲霞) voiced by Mai Nakahara

Masters of Red: Shirō Kotomine (シロウ・コトミネ) voiced by Kōki Uchiyama
Kairi Shishigō (獅子劫界離) voiced by Kenji Nomura

Jean Rum (ジーン・ラム)
Rottweil Berzinsky (ロットウェル・ペルジンスキー)
Feend vor Sembren (フィーンド・ヴォル・センベルン)
Cabik Pentel (キャビィク・ペンテル)
Deimlet Pentel (デムライト・ペンテル)

Supporting cast: Rocco Belfeban (ロッコ・ベルフェバン) voiced by Tomohisa Aso
Lord El-Melloi II (ロード・エルメロイII世) voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
Flat Escardos (フラット・エスカルドス) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Hyōma Sagara (相良豹馬)
Bram Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri (ブラム・ヌァザレ・ソフィアリ)
Reines El-Melloi Archisorte (ライネス・エルメロイ・アーチゾルテ)
Trimmau (トリムマウ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-6XwBz-Kk

Synopsis:
The story is set in a parallel world to original Fate/stay night, where the House of Einzbern summoned a Ruler rather than an Avenger in the Third Holy Grail War, and the Holy Grail was removed from Fuyuki City to Romania after the war. Thus the events of Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero never happened. After many years of silence, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the Yggdmillennia, a family of magi, openly declares their secession from the Mage's Association, and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, and all but one are instantly slaughtered by a mysterious Servant. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total. In the city of Trifas, two factions will fight for the control of the sacred relic, each of them possessing their own team of seven Servants: the Black Faction whose members are part of Yggdmillennia, protecting the Grail, and the Red Faction whose members were sent by the Mage's Association, trying to take the Grail back. For an event of this scale, the Grail itself summons its own Servant, the holy Ruler, to oversee the conflict. This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War.

Norren said:
Fate/Apocrypha: Gilgamesh vs Enkidu! :lol:
both arent listed yet ;( good ep'1, or would be better if ufotable animated it?:eek:

Well most of those Servants are already on the Fate/Grand Order app, just waiting for the English version to catch up to it.

Norren said:
After looking at the servant list, I have no idea how I mixed this up with Fate/Strange Fake in the season preview thread.
bah too bad ;( you got me thinking how Gil would show up later, like he did in FSN but a secret 3rd Archer ;p ep'2... amused me as most servants debut aside Joan D'arc along Vlad III here, after Bahamut S2 and Castlevania this season ;)

Well with the first two episode out it's pretty much going to be one of those character heavy series that will most likely will loose you if you don't pay that much attention here. Also, I'm guessing the Ruler Class was actually added since more than 7 Servants were summoned. Which means that the Fate system has it's ways of keeping things in check I take it. Also, I'm still wondering if that is the same Shirou from the original Fate series here, or if it's just by coincidence.

THis is one storyline series I never watched... has to be pretty good to have endless sequels/prequels etc.? From the little I know of the 'Grail', it isn't conscious, so no summoning.... a device sort of similiar to portrayals of 'tools' in that film 'Stargate'... as so many of these scifi series attempt to use...

Kid-Wolf said:
Well most of those Servants are already on the Fate/Grand Order app, just waiting for the English version to catch up to it.
aren't Apocrypha or Extra part of FG0 now that you mention it? cool ep.3, first servant fight by Siegfried against Karna... glad this series ain't a cliché 'good vs evil', 0nly Ruler is justice';p will be interesting how the homunculus joins her :)

Well as far as I can tell it seems that Rider of Black is more or less the new Bridgett of sorts. I mean best trap ever if you ask me, and would of ben even funnier if Rider's Master was a male though.

In any case I have to admit I kind of like Fran-chan... er I mean Berserker since she seems to be a sweet girl, but with a punch that could kill if need be. Don't know why but every time she has screen time I think of her as this adorable creature of sorts.

gdpetti said:
THis is one storyline series I never watched... has to be pretty good to have endless sequels/prequels etc.? From the little I know of the 'Grail', it isn't conscious, so no summoning.... a device sort of similiar to portrayals of 'tools' in that film 'Stargate'... as so many of these scifi series attempt to use...
if you dislike to start the Fate/series from this alternate prequel, I suggest you first F/Zero then F/snUBW... so Fran's master wants the Akashic records too :0 nice ep.4 fights, most fun for me is Astolfo's (Trap of Argalia just fits herhim):d

Well Seig finally got his name and it seems that Jeanne is doing all she can to keep him from the fighting here. Also, finally
Ripper-chan makes her appearance by having some random woman as her Master/Mother which makes me think that those two might be a pair of serial killers here.

Kid-Wolf said:
I'm guessing the Ruler Class was actually added since more than 7 Servants were summoned. Which means that the Fate system has it's ways of keeping things in check I take it. Also, I'm still wondering if that is the same Shirou from the original Fate series here, or if it's just by coincidence.
his hair and skin colors are like F/sN Archer but a F/Z Kirei inside, if he gets so many command spells after ep.5 ED... not fully summoned by the grail i doubt ruler can beat 5 Servants, will they call neutral killer loli Jackie-chan instead?:p

Personally I think Ripper-chan will work for her since it sounds cute for this murderous loli now. I mean how long has it been since we had a rampaging loli on the streets? :3

Kid-Wolf said:
finally
Ripper-chan makes her appearance by having some random woman as her Master/Mother which makes me think that those two might be a pair of serial killers here.
ep'6 reminds me to Crime Edge's Emily, fast with knives but Lolipper is a serial Mage killer now fighting Mordred... cat-like moves fit himher because Arthuria is Fsn 'lion', another gerderbender i consider Fiore as Marvel's Dr. 0ctopus :lol:

This might be the only time the original Saber would show up, and to think they even showed her lance she was known to wield as well. So that no explains as to why she is also able to be of the Lancer Class in Fate/Grand Order now. Also, it seems that Astolfo's Master snapped when he decided to protect Sieg from the group over looking her way, and it looks like she might end up doing something overtly insane if she isn't kept in check.

As for Riper-chan it seems that she really does love going after girls, but made the obvious mistake of calling Mordred a girl to her face like that.

Kid-Wolf said:
Personally I think Ripper-chan will work for her since it sounds cute for this murderous loli
As long that MILF fatale keeps feeding her with hearts ;p sadly, it seems they'll not join this war starting in ep'7... 6 vs 6 servants if Mordred and Shakespeare battle, to think Smexyramis' Hanging garden' is like Gil's Vimana yet bigger ^_^

Well it goes to show you, any Servant from Babylon tends to show off on a grand scale of sorts. In any case it looks like we are more or less at the point where the prologue of this whole series started minus Siegfried it would seem.

Kid-Wolf said:
it looks like we are more or less at the point where the prologue of this whole series started minus Siegfried
Which is odd because he was shown fighting Mordred (late arrival, like ripper-tan) I wonder if Sieg will bring him back... GARfried Vs Achilles would fit better as immortals with a weak spot, after ep.8 i hope Frankie beats that Shirō :huh:

Kid-Wolf said:
This might be the only time the original Saber would show up, and to think they even showed her lance she was known to wield as well. So that no explains as to why she is also able to be of the Lancer Class in Fate/Grand Order now.
well Mordred shown Rider skills just as Arturia did in F/z, but a car (driving ala irisviel) instead of bike ;p 'Like father...' also smexyramis is more a Caster than Shakespeare, yet he isn't useless in ep'9 to help her Master fitting Assassin <_<

Kid-Wolf said:
I have to admit I kind of like Fran-chan... er I mean Berserker since she seems to be a sweet girl, but with a punch that could kill if need be. Don't know why but every time she has screen time I think of her as this adorable creature of sorts.
same here until ep.10 ;( unless she isn't dust and can be rebuilt, i dont mind if Reds take her in spartacus' place yet... i doubt it :/ so now as sieg is possessed by Black Saber, similarly to ruler at last its cliffhanger became ep.1 prologue :)

Trying to watch this one... I think it's definitely designed for the repeat fans of previous storylines of the same material.... though they do quickly cover the bare necessities of exposition... which is probably a bother to fans that watched the rest... just gets in the way... thus the minimal mention.

As I've said before, I don't mind the usage of all this mostly 'Western' hero images/storylines etc... if they would keep them tied to their archetypes instead of troping around so much with them.... as they can quickly become empty symbols/archetypes that way..... this kid/humucolum? .... :rolleyes: They're pushing this a wee bit too much.... and quite often...

This show isn't bad... but if you aren't already a fan, it mostly falls rather flat.... a few highpoints... but making nearly everyone 'invincible' or too likeable or too stupid like Spartacus?? WTF did they do to him??!! :angry: A western creative team wouldn't even mess with this historical persona this way... is that because it is this history? Do the Nipponese or Chinese or Asian in general.. in the arts mess with their own archetypes/heroes this way? taking so many liberities, messing around with their tropes, personalities, sex etc? I'm guessing the answer is no.... But I don't know... I've seen but a few like that Jackie Chan one on the Golden Monkey? that was a western/eastern mix... but I'm guessing they didn't mess with it as much? So, why do they do it with western models/characters? I have to assume they don't really know the western figures well enough, thus don't care... are just using the name/role more than anything else... and just trope the rest of it... mixing and fusing the tropes to the point that they don't make sense... IMO>

Crap, I just saw that this is 25 eps! :eek: Don't know if I can sit through that many.. I'm already starting to fast forward in small bits... I almost always ff through the titles... unless I like that song... which isn't often. 25 e ps?!?! They should've done a better setup of the characters/situation for this many eps.... but maybe that's a fan issue? If this is targeting the previous fans of the previous Fate shows, then this must be the norm? After this kid took on the role of hero, almost anything goes... everyone is invincible, immortal etc... which doesn't fit into their archetype, role, etc... so total fantasy.... not a problem for me if they wouldn't use these characters names and instead just make up others.... as it is a problem if you know a little about them... but for 'eastern' audiences that these are designed for, that isn't the case most likely, so it doesn't matter??? Is that so?

I was just thinking.... do we use any 'eastern' characters in this same manner? Aladdin and the Lamp isn't far off the mark.. as it isn't really based in reality, just the usual hero role/archetype... I don't think we use anything but old European/Aryan/Semitic/Kantekkian types... do we? and maybe that's typical of empires? they ignore everyone else? The unreal Shakespeare did pretty much the same... using role models more than real personages... not into that stuff, but I can't remember any... hmmm.

Maybe I'll wait for another 8 or 9 eps before watching any more of this.... seen this over the top stuff done before... and they always go too far IMO.. like our American superhero BS movies... same issue.. taking a hero archetype and giving them a personality without any smarts.... intellect yes, emotions yes... but no 'smarts'... so they remain tropes at best..... veneers... masks or shadows without substance.... and always working for the imperial govt, as if they don't know that we are the 'evil empire' they claim to be fighting! So stupid.... but usually with great effects... just totally lacking in depth of characters/situations/storylines... .thus the superhero emblem of stupidity... which is how govt's like their propaganda.... which is pretty much what most of this is.... a distraction to keep our eyes off the prize of being self aware.

Ok, done ranting.... <_<

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back