• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

adding the audition seemed to have been in the storyline since the beginning... something that brings her back to her original plans for herself.
Even the pacing of the show illustrates the pace of life in a small town/city, everything happening at a walking pace instead of a stressed out paced from life in Tokyo...

Despite that failed dream she didn't stop to love acting, sad yet realistic unlike many animes or other kind of shows... now is Erika's urge for the Tokyo life' in ep.21, fed up at 'crappy town' Unless her crush Maki's brother stays along?<_<
0ctober halloween: Himōto! Umaru-chan -a: Monstaa!, s: Kirie

Scores of my Latest Top 20 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Sakura Quest - 10/10 (ongoing?) A+
2. Knight's & Magic - 10/10 (ongoing?) B-
3. Himouto! Umaru-chan R - 9/10 (airing) A
4. Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi - 9/10 (o) B+
5. New Game!! - 9/10 (ongoing?) A+
6. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - 8/10 (airing) B
7. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season - 8/10 (waiting S3) B
8. Gamers! Amano Keita to Seishun Continue - 8/10 (ong?) A
9. Isekai Shokudou - 8/10 (ongoing?) A+
10. Re:Creators - 7/10 (ongoing?) B+
11. Dragon Ball Super - 7/10 (airing) B-
12. Shoukoku no Altair - 7/10 (airing) B+
13. Fate/Apocrypha - 7/10 (recap) C-
14. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 6/10 (ongoing?) C-
15. Ballroom e Youkoso - 6/10 (airing) B
16. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 6/10 (ongoing?) B
17. Love Love! Sunshine!! S2 - 5/10 (airing) A-
18. Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei - 5/10 (og) B-
19. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 5/10 (ongoing?) A
20. The Reflection: Wave One - 4/10 (airing) B-
* G. pleasure: [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijou S2 - 4/10 (ar) A-

#22 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:50 AM

This one continues the good writing... last ep, 23, ends with the potential of merging that is yet another realistic factor that smaller towns/cities have to deal with. Not sure what the policy is in Japan, as that last second mention in the last episode implies they wouldn't have a choice, and here in the States anyway, as with school mergers or even corporate mergers, the two or more sides have to agree to terms, and this small city that this show takes place in doesn't seem like a suburb of another larger city... or so it seems from the anime... so I don't understand any  merger... maybe it'll turn out to be something else?

Either way, the writing has continued to be well done... rather low key and simple, but honest situational setups... which is rather rare, even for a drama. Only 2 eps left I think... interesting to see how they decide to end it... .probably have the 'queen' stay for another year, as it doesn't seem to be a job others are looking for, right? but, if this merger is real, then who knows...  though this is a story that is essentially endless if they wanted to continue it.. but that comes down to support, ratings or whatever... I wonder what the timeslot is for it? Can't be late night, right? Is anyone up that late watching any of these animes? Wouldn't they all be watched on later recording? especially this one targeted towards adults, who probably have to get up in the morning for work.... even students have school in the morning.... wierd this industry in Japan with late night anime.... doesn't really  make sense, but if it's mostly to support manga sales, I can understand it, but this one and similar ones like it aren't doing that.... they are original, so their timeslot must be 'normal' viewing time, right?

#23 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

This one continues the good writing... last ep, 23, ends with the potential of merging that is yet another realistic factor that smaller towns/cities have to deal with. Not sure what the policy is in Japan, as that last second mention in the last episode implies they wouldn't have a choice, and here in the States anyway, as with school mergers or even corporate mergers, the two or more sides have to agree to terms, and this small city that this show takes place in doesn't seem like a suburb of another larger city... or so it seems from the anime... so I don't understand any merger... maybe it'll turn out to be something else?

also no 0pening :/ usual hint when animes will end more seriously, i had a bad feeling since 'men in black' are seen... even if that pastry franchise revived the shopping district, I doubt town festivals will prevent it from being absorbed -_-

#24 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

the writing has continued to be well done... rather low key and simple, but honest situational setups... which is rather rare, even for a drama. Only 2 eps left I think... interesting to see how they decide to end it... .probably have the 'queen' stay for another year, as it doesn't seem to be a job others are looking for, right? but, if this merger is real, then who knows...  though this is a story that is essentially endless if they wanted to continue it.. but that comes down to support, ratings or whatever... I wonder what the timeslot is for it? Can't be late night, right? Is anyone up that late watching any of these animes? Wouldn't they all be watched on later recording? especially this one targeted towards adults, who probably have to get up in the morning for work.... even students have school in the morning.... wierd this industry in Japan with late night anime.... doesn't really  make sense, but if it's mostly to support manga sales, I can understand it, but this one and similar ones like it aren't doing that.... they are original, so their timeslot must be 'normal' viewing time, right?

It's like why awaited new films premiere after midnight at theaters, now ep.24 ending felt as Finale prior its cliffhanger... moved by her B-day celebration and Mizuchi festival, surely she'll stay if kadota's sister city plan works out :mellow:

#25 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

No, she didn't stay, but moved on to help another town with the same issues we are led to assume... like she's developing her own specialty... which is a commodity all its own... and a marketable one at that... which is usually pointed to as what any city, business etc must do... specialize, or find your niche. I liked the way they ended it.... all the way to that ending... bookending the series.... with a rather realistic message, which like any relationship, requires work to maintain, improve etc. For an original anime with the intent to aid and comfort these towns/cities in Japan, this seems to have been rather successful.. IMO anyway, very realistic... as anything else wouldn't fit their message of 'work'. Most capital or major cities are based in being the capital or focus of some major activity, which, without it, would fall into the same decay.

It seems that we are led to think that the 'Queen' will pretty much do the same thing in her new assignment... a 'troubleshooter' perhaps for communities having this same problem.... which have pretty much the same solution... dealing with the reality of job loss, business loss, population loss... the ageing issue wasn't dealt with much... perhaps in the business district as the older shop owners weren't actively open anymore... or the other common issue of lack of housing for travelors, as usually small cities/towns don't have hotels/motels... they could've had a one line mention of turning the old Chupacabra building into such a hostel for travelors, especially during festivals etc... you could say it was implied... not really, but that would be the most likely good use of the bldg, since the old school is/has already been setup for other use by the community.. another common issue.

It's rather odd or special to see such a show like this... a definite niche of its own when done right.

#26 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

No, she didn't stay, but moved on to help another town with the same issues we are led to assume... like she's developing her own specialty... which is a commodity all its own... and a marketable one at that... which is usually pointed to as what any city, business etc must do... specialize, or find your niche. I liked the way they ended it.... all the way to that ending... bookending the series.... with a rather realistic message, which like any relationship, requires work to maintain, improve etc. For an original anime with the intent to aid and comfort these towns/cities in Japan, this seems to have been rather successful.. IMO anyway, very realistic...

agreed an unique show overall the best from Spring to Summer, yet I wouldnt mind at all if P.A.Works 'milks' it with S2... but is unlikely given that studio 0nly released 2 0VAs in shirobako, hopefully they'll again like Ririko's world travel ;)

#27 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

Wasn't this one a project along the lines of a 'public image' thing? Thought I read/heard something along that line.. as if the govt was behind it in terms of promoting rural/provincial development? If so, then it's hard to tell, as the govt has endless supply of fiat for any such project if they wanted it... perhaps have her character go to a different type of province/city area to cover slightly different issues... perhaps a seaside area covering the different issues associated with that area... doubt if they want to, but covering the nuclear plants restart could be on such a menu. :blink:

It was rather impressive how they took a basic SoL setup and overlaid it with this redevelopment problem in Japan.. wouldn't be much different in most areas, say here in the States, if not for immigration, which has always pumped things up... on most all fronts.. the empty churches/temples, houses/apts, business new development etc. All kingdoms/empires need fresh blood to exploit, lest they run dry like a vampire.... and I doubt any such anime will cover that issue of the 'deep state' and beyond... though I would like to see them do it. B)

I assume it's a one off, but well done, from the weird chupacabra exploits of a generation ago to the present attempts to rehabilitate the local economy and mindset of the community... such as the current push for the Olympics in tourist terms. Can't remember any other anime even trying something like this one before.... covering real issues in an attempt to show potential solutions.... and doing it in an entertaining way.... which is why the tropes work.... they allow an easy framework to work in the 'issues' angle. Well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users