53 replies to this topic

#41 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:00 AM

It was nice having two eps to watch... didn't realize I missed one... the action finally started... new characters added to be quickly eliminated with the old ones... the scene shifting rather well, it seems this is where the writing is starting to peak, as all the characters are action based, we don't see them at their best until they are in action mode... and eliminating main characters really makes it interesting... but in the end, they will all be eliminated back to their own 'world' and storyline.. not sure if the 'crazy' girl realizes this yet or not... as this anime's creation team is making her and Altair rather omniscient, all powerful etc... that 'reverse cause and effect' is something I've thought of before as a base defense mechanism... I thought her opponent might have realized that the hugged/kissed her instead... or something along that line having the effect of empowering themself.... as it's all thought based... but this is where the writing gets a little 'off'.... if she was this all powerful, she's wouldn't have needed to bring in others... if it's something she's picked up/acquired recently, she won't care about anyone else, especially as, like her creator, she is suicidal... and those she brings in aren't too bright... they do't ask questions and just assumes she's telling them the truth... again, this is where the writing gets 'off'.... but it's hard to have enough action scenes through the remaining eps of the series othewise.

But definite improvement.... seems that kid's idea will present itself in the next ep, maybe the one after that if they want to milk it more... and Altair is taken out by herself?

#42 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

this anime's creation team is making her and Altair rather omniscient, all powerful etc... that 'reverse cause and effect' is something I've thought of before as a base defense mechanism... I thought her opponent might have realized that the hugged/kissed her instead... or something along that line having the effect of empowering themself.... as it's all thought based... but this is where the writing gets a little 'off'.... if she was this all powerful, she's wouldn't have needed to bring in others... if it's something she's picked up/acquired recently, she won't care about anyone else, especially as, like her creator, she is suicidal... and those she brings in aren't too bright... they do't ask questions and just assumes she's telling them the truth... again, this is where the writing gets 'off'.... but it's hard to have enough action scenes through the remaining eps of the series othewise.

even if Hikayu got overpowered Altair's charisma wins, 1st on secondary 'gods' then some creations and a lot of people... After ep.19 I doubt that Magane will face her, without alice or apparently selesia unless she's saved by sōta's ace :o
November day of the undead: UQ Holder! MSN 2 before'after
Posted ImagePosted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 20 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Sakura Quest - 10/10 (ongoing?) A+
2. Knight's & Magic - 10/10 (ongoing?) B-
3. Himouto! Umaru-chan R - 9/10 (airing) A
4. Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi - 9/10 (o) B+
5. New Game!! - 9/10 (ongoing?) A+
6. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - 8/10 (airing) B
7. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season - 8/10 (waiting S3) B
8. Gamers! Amano Keita to Seishun Continue - 8/10 (ong?) A
9. Isekai Shokudou - 8/10 (ongoing?) A+
10. Re:Creators - 7/10 (ongoing?) B+
11. Dragon Ball Super - 7/10 (airing) B-
12. Shoukoku no Altair - 7/10 (airing) B+
13. Fate/Apocrypha - 7/10 (recap) C-
14. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 6/10 (ongoing?) C-
15. Ballroom e Youkoso - 6/10 (airing) B
16. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 6/10 (ongoing?) B
17. Love Love! Sunshine!! S2 - 5/10 (airing) A-
18. Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei - 5/10 (og) B-
19. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 5/10 (ongoing?) A
20. The Reflection: Wave One - 4/10 (airing) B-
* G. pleasure: [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijou S2 - 4/10 (ar) A-

#43 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

the creator of this battlegirl.... something along that line, that brings out the desire to 'end it all' in battlegirl... regret or remorse perhaps?

definite improvement.... seems that kid's idea will present itself in the next ep, maybe the one after that if they want to milk it more... and Altair is taken out by herself?

actually by her 'prototype' yet isn't enough, would be so easy or anti'climatic... a few twists in ep'20 but, your guess is right (Blitz's weakness is alike) 0STotY!;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

THis last one ended as I thought it would eventually... with Altairs 'creator' making her appearance as her true opposite and self, simultaneously... as envisioned by the kid Sota... as Altair is essentially suicidal like her creator in her end... conclusion of her personal story... thus the mirror affect that showed up earlier.... interesting to see what they do with it... merge/cancel ... other?

This anime is rather good, though some of the minor characters could've used a wee bit more setup, exposition etc.

22 eps, with 3 'specials'? So only two left? Have they released any of these 'specials'? The writing is rather original within the confines of the usual stuff. ^_^

Edited well for the action scenes... though I would've liked to see the 'older' Meteora show up... maybe in the 'specials'? ;)  Definitely gave her a different look and personality... sort of... which was interesting.

Should be the next ep tomorrow...

#45 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

THis last one ended as I thought it would eventually... with Altairs 'creator' making her appearance as her true opposite and self, simultaneously... as envisioned by the kid Sota... as Altair is essentially suicidal like her creator in her end... conclusion of her personal story... thus the mirror affect that showed up earlier.... interesting to see what they do with it... merge/cancel ... other?
This anime is rather good, though some of the minor characters could've used a wee bit more setup, exposition etc.

22 eps, with 3 'specials'? So only two left? Have they released any of these 'specials'?

they're Bonus' of Amazon Prime: 1st april 1, 2nd july 22 and 3rd august 5 yet I think its finale is epilogue next week... ep.21! i found Miss Invincible Assholtair adorable, her Creator became a creation just like Stan Lee in The Reflection :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

Ok, those specials don't have subs, so not much use to me as they interview the cast and crew, on some tv show? They could end it next week's ep, but the last one I watched was ep20, so wouldn't that mean 2 more?

Didn't watch The Reflection... damn, so many of these concepts are the same it's ridiculous... and the original stuff falls back on tropes like this 'Miss Invincible' nonsense... same as the one I'm watching now that you seem to like... Fate/Aproch or something like that.... they keep giving them endless invincible powers on top of being unable to actually die, but return to the ether world. This one used it in an interesting way with Altair IMO, because I was thinking of the same concept as a mental blocking technique... definitely not this level activity, but like Fate/Ap, I guess when pressed for time and money, they tend to fall back on the usual tropes to escape their own traps and lack of resources... or lack of creativity.

All of this is why I'm not into this fantasy stuff... hope they end this one well, without another 'invincible' moment of escapist fantasy.... guess I like my imaginative entertainment to have a more realistic foundation, though this one has had its fiar share of trouble keeping that anchor on some semblance of reality. ;)  At least it doesn't have the pedophile stuff like so many do.... it is odd how the older girls/women are fully dressed, but the younger they get, the less attire their creators seem to supply them with. <_<

#47 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Just watched ep21... does seem that there will be one more to close it out... denouement is needed, otherwise they could have skimmed the ep to leave a few minutes at the end to do it... but real resolution needs more time, thus another ep IMO.... especially since it says 22 eps, right? B)  It was interesting what they did with this ep21... seems like the last minute was a denouement, but not quite enough... maybe all of this will age Meteora into the adult version from the slacker ep? ^_^  Not sure what they'll do with a whole ep as denouement... seems rather too much, unless they add something interesting... and assuming there is an ep22, I'm more interested in how they fill that time... doesn't look like a story for sequelization but who knows? probably some type of finale for the other characters left at the station... end it as it began with Sato and the two girls?... or Sato becoming a creator of his own story? He's already had a start here.

#48 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

the original stuff falls back on tropes like this 'Miss Invincible' nonsense... same as the one I'm watching now that you seem to like... Fate/Aproch or something like that.... they keep giving them endless invincible powers on top of being unable to actually die, but return to the ether world. This one used it in an interesting way with Altair IMO, because I was thinking of the same concept as a mental blocking technique... definitely not this level activity, but like Fate/Ap, I guess when pressed for time and money, they tend to fall back on the usual tropes to escape their own traps and lack of resources... or lack of creativity.

All of this is why I'm not into this fantasy stuff... hope they end this one well, without another 'invincible' moment of escapist fantasy.... guess I like my imaginative entertainment to have a more realistic foundation, though this one has had its fiar share of trouble keeping that anchor on some semblance of reality. ;)

As I pointed Fate/Apocrypha's cast lack invincibility unlike her ;p so, aside both series and Sakura Quest (1 ep' left) ... what other TV animes you still watch this Summer ending, want less fantasy? Then try Shoukoku no Altair (same name):)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

assuming there is an ep22, I'm more interested in how they fill that time... doesn't look like a story for sequelization but who knows? probably some type of finale for the other characters left at the station... end it as it began with Sato and the two girls?... or Sato becoming a creator of his own story? He's already had a start here.

you mean Sota ;p Imagine a crossover for that Invincible Ajin Vs Altair, eternal fight? she can win by sealing him xD... happy finale considering Meteora 'stays in our world' but Magane too, hint S2 with them as Main heroine and villain :o
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

Well, the last ep22 to end the series was definitely denouement, but it was still ok, though I don't agree with Meteora having to stay behind... seems like an excuse to leave a sequel option open... just in case....

I watched it a few days ago and thought I already posted on it... but I didn't.... one other aspect they didn't close the story out on, was that 'bad' or 'lying' girl character... we have to assume she left through the gate without being shown? Wasn't she last seen at an airport or something? We have also to assume that like Meteora, her 'powers' are gone... and those fangs as teeth of hers will not find her any friends it seems... they had plenty of time to close her character out, not sure why they didn't? Fatigue? an Oops??

It seemed like a letdown from the previous ep... as expected of course, but it could've ended on a better note, depending upon how they wanted to end the story.... open with chance of sequel or not?

#51 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

the last ep22 to end the series was definitely denouement, but it was still ok, though I don't agree with Meteora having to stay behind... seems like an excuse to leave a sequel option open... just in case....

I watched it a few days ago and thought I already posted on it... but I didn't.... one other aspect they didn't close the story out on, was that 'bad' or 'lying' girl character... we have to assume she left through the gate without being shown? Wasn't she last seen at an airport or something? We have also to assume that like Meteora, her 'powers' are gone...

I guess that won't stop Magane to keep her criminal life knowing it, harder yet more 'challenging' or 'fun' powerless... another excuse for S2! a love triangle if she still teases Sota, now Meteora as his crush (recall Tron Legacy's ending?):D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

I doubt it... didn't seem like an idea meant for further expansion... almost as if they had trouble finishing it off at the very end and wrapping it up... though they did leave those loose ends didn't they? I'm guessing the didn't know what to do with Magane/Lying Girl?... so they left her out of the end... so I assumed she stayed? wasn't she at the airport last we saw her?

I liked that Tron Legacy sequel better than the first one... but the entire concept is rather fantastic/fantasy, and this anime takes that to the nth degree. If it was an American project, a decent box office/rating would guarantee a sequel/2nd season.. but Japan seems to do alot of these one-offs.... like in manga, same thing.

#53 Masich

Masich

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

''Throbbing Pain'' Yeah... I got hit on the head ''physically'' Because Someone near me, wanted to talk for over 2hours about the Series! (Colla, who lives with me).

Anywho... The series? Not bad, you can go into hours of discussions with me, but my personal stand point? and I hate to actually compare series, unless I have no choice into backing up my stand point... Mirai Nikki...

Why? Well... ''Spoilers''

Spoiler
So.. Pretty much the ending of Altair and (Created) Setsuna, if you were to see Sōta as Muru, am I right or wrong? Of course Altair and Setsuna are now so called in their own universe as it were. Also, I compared Minene Uryū (The Ninth diary holder) to Magane for being a Antagonist at first, but a protagonist in the end (Apart from her original self).

Now, there are many things I can compare, Blitz character with a numerous of others, the way Setsuna was brought back alive etcetera, but eventually my ''Judgement'' or ''personal opinion'' is that, this was a Great attempt, but it did not really stick. Nothing did for me, I actually found the story of Setsuna and Altair the best part! But, even so, I scream on the inside with the lack of fantasy! I don't consider it fantasy if you give a character invincibility against EVERYTHING!!! Good god, that's not fantasy, nor a Deus Ex Machina Moment (hehe literally)That's called the most cheapest cliche you can find on the corner of every street!!

I can go on and on for hours. It was a Great Attempt, I even actually shed a few tears at episode 21 with Altair and Setsuna, but I can't stop myself from Judging it.

Compared to many reviews I've done personally, I'm not going to give this one an actual grade... I'm going to make my own fantasy award!

Best Character and Self Development Goes to... ''drum roll'' : Magane!

Best Creator and Logic: Shunma Suruga!

Best Unneccesary comedic support!: The Freaking Audience in the whole final battle arc...

Now, anyone that knows Magane's new address?

Edited by Masich, 26 September 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#54 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4097 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

I liked that Tron Legacy sequel better than the first one... but the entire concept is rather fantastic/fantasy, and this anime takes that to the nth degree. If it was an American project, a decent box office/rating would guarantee a sequel/2nd season..

The series? Not bad, you can go into hours of discussions with me, but my personal stand point? and I hate to actually compare series, unless I have no choice into backing up my stand point... Mirai Nikki...

good analogy but for me Future Diary 2nd cour went downhill, while R:C like a rollercoaster ;/ I prefer it? not sure... compared T:L because a creation stays in our world, lets see if Blade Runner 2 gets better too! did you try its anime?^_^
Posted ImagePosted Image