Occultic;Nine

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Occultic;Nine
Japanese: オカルティック・ナイン
Airing date: 8/10/2016 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Mystery, Science fiction, Supernatural, Paranormal
Original creator: Chiyomaru Shikura
Original character designer: pako
Directors: Kyōhei Ishiguro and Miyuki Kuroki (assistant)
Written by: Jumpei Morita
Music by: Masaru Yōkoyama
Character designer and chief animation director: Tomoaki Takase
Art director: Hisayo Usui
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Directors of photography: Yoshihiro Sekiya and Takao Saitō (assistant)
3D animation director: Ryūta Ono
3D designer: Masayo Yamato
3D management by: Masaru Urayama and Nozomi Miyahara
Monitoring director: Sayaka Itabashi
Monitoring by: Ai Taguchi and Yūjirō Iwanaga
Art design by: Yoshinori Shiozawa
Color design by: Kazuko Nakashima
Prop design by: Kōta Michishita
Sound effects by: Toshiya Wada
Programming by: Ken Tanō
Editing by: Akinori Mishima and Takaya Takahashi (assistant)
Animation producer: Yūichi Fukushima
Executive producer: Tomonori Ochikoshi
Producers: Shūko Yokoyama and Takashi Saiki
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Network: Tokyo MX, GTV, GYT, BS11, ABC, AT-X, CBC
Opening theme: "Seisū 3 no Nijō (聖数3の二乗)" by Kanako Itō
Ending theme: "Open your eyes" by Asaka

Main cast: Yūta Gamon (我聞 悠太) voiced by Yūki Kaji
Ryōka Narusawa (成沢 稜歌) voiced by Ayane Sakura
Miyū Aikawa (相川 実優羽) voiced by Hitomi Yoshida
Sarai Hashigami (橋上 サライ) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa

Tōko Sumikaze (澄風 桐子) voiced by Shizuka Itō
Aria Kurenaino (紅ノ 亞里亞) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Kiryū Kusakabe (日下部 吉柳) voiced by Kishō Taniyama
Ririka Nishizono (西園 梨々花) voiced by Mamiko Noto

Shun Moritsuka (森塚 駿) voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara
Supporting cast: Asuna Kizaki (鬼崎 あすな) voiced by Satomi Akesaka
Chizu Kawabata (和泉 公平) voiced by Maria Naganawa
Kōhei Izumi (川畑 千津) voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda

TV series PV: https://www.youtube.com/embed/e9Ie5wXlELo?r...OsACxUDfNBCuplz
Official website: http://occultic-nine.com/

Synopsis: The "paranormal science" story follows nine idiosyncratic individuals, linked by the "Chōjō Kagaku Kirikiri Basara" occult summary blog run by 17-year-old second-year high school student Yūta Gamon. Little incongruities that occur around these nine eventually lead to a larger, unimaginable event that may alter what is considered common sense in this world.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 12 2016, 03:48 PM)Occultic;Nine (this first episode was so unfocused and just not very good, but i'll keep with it for now)

Haven't watched Girlish Number yet, but I've heard some positive things so I'll give it a shot and Fune wo Amu hasn't aired yet. I also haven't finishedep.2 isn't as bad, is Steins;gate's creator so i hope to not regret my decision
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 08 2016, 04:01 PM) which means they are prototypes? that makes sense, btw i think Katanashi was passing by all cold just as S1 started... anyway i find their family members a bit more likable, ep.2 got better from the fewer new animes I‘m watching so far
sleep.gif

Hmmmm....

Shiho can also double as Yamada's prototype!

Yes, this has not been the best season for anime so far. Just watched Occultists: 9, or whatever it's called. Even MY appreciation of mune-mune-oppai was put to the test...

Tiny girl with huge breasts is right in my strike-zone for physical characteristics. But uber-annoyingly childish, yet violent girls are my Kryptonite. Even the Russian woman from "MUV LUV" was better-proportioned than this raygun-toting twit! Kind of like any of the "Housewives Of xxx" shows. Nice to look at SOME of them, but ALL of them are more tolerable when the audio is turned off.
dry.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 08 2016, 05:43 PM)Yes, this has not been the best season for anime so far. Just watched Occultists: 9, or whatever it's called. Even MY appreciation of mune-mune-oppai was put to the test...

Tiny girl with huge breasts is right in my strike-zone for physical characteristics. But uber-annoyingly childish, yet violent girls are my Kryptonite. Even the Russian woman from "MUV LUV" was better-proportioned than this raygun-toting twit! Kind of like any of the "Housewives Of xxindeed Ryoka is the main reason why i wanted to drop o;9, i don't blame if you did already but while we can ignore her... with this 9th in ep'4 i consider it one of Fall's most interesting series, btw Irisdina was my favorite of Muv'Luv (RIP)
sleep.gif

Has anyone read the 2 light novels it's based on? If it follows anime pattern, it will merely use the word in an exoteric manner, and not any esoteric one... would be interesting if it did.... but if Steins;Gate is any indicator, any 'occult' will be only surface imaging for the usual shtick.... a little 'woo-woo' will do, nothing more... but it is rather a completely open field for exploration if the author has learned anything in the 'occult'... most likely in the negative of 'black magick' side of the fence, if at all.

The Wikipedia episode summaries make it seem more like Nic Cage's film, "National Treasure"... with a little X-Files added in for 'color'... of the occult, in other words, stay in the shallow end of the pool.
cool.gif
Hopefully something interesting turns up.. though I doubt it... it rare for this subject to get any real media coverage, it's usually ignored such as the recent CLintongate email on: http://vigilantcitizen.com/featured/chairm...rina-abramovic/

That site is full of the real stuff that leaks out to the public... not that most newbie singers or actors or even politicians realize what those hand signs mean... but after a few years...
ph34r.gif
Not that this aspect has to be covered, X-Files did a decent job on some of the sensational type events, same as the other Fox show, "Fringe"... I'd like to see this show go in that direction... there is so much there in the truth that makes the lies and fluff we see and hear about rather tame by comparison...

... but I can hope can't I? Haven't seen it of course... I find, more and more, that I really prefer to wait till the end of a season to watch these series.... one ep a week is so last century don't you think?
wink.gif

gdpetti said:
If it follows anime pattern, it will merely use the word in an exoteric manner, and not any esoteric one... would be interesting if it did.... but if Steins;Gate is any indicator, any 'occult' will be only surface imaging for the usual shtick.... a little 'woo-woo' will do, nothing more... but it is rather a completely open field for exploration if the author has learned anything in the 'occult'... most likely in the negative of 'black magick' side of the fence, if at all.
"This is not a game, nor is it an anime" ^^ Sarai breaks the 4th wall in ep.5, but #6 got creepy with kotoribako stuff... As it reminds me a bit to Dimension w so far maybe you'll like O9, by last cliffhanger seems that new girl will be its #10 :)

Barbobot said:
Occultic;Nine (this first episode was so unfocused and just not very good, but i'll keep with it for now)
for me it got decent until ep.8 with a plot twist and psychometry girl, yet many talk so fast :/ victims i wonder why 256... 255 is usually limit in 8 bit games like Pacman levels or Zelda rupies, is its shady society emperor one of the O;9?:huh:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back