Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd season & Tales of Berseria

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Tales of Zestiria the Cross / Dawn of the Shepherd
Japanese: テイルズ オブ ゼスティリア ザ クロス / ~導師の夜明け~
Airing date: 10/7/2016 (Tv series 12 episodes), 3/7/2016 (prologue) & 30/12/2014 (Dōshi no Yoake)
Release date: 22/1/2015 (PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy
Original creator: Bandai Namco Studios, tri-Crescendo (game), Hikaru Kondo, Tatsuro Udo (design)
Original character designs: Minoru Iwamoto, Kōsuke Fujishima, Mutsumi Inomata, Daigo Okumura
Directors: Haruo Sotozaki (TV), Yūta Hase and Mari Miyata (game)
Written by: Naoki Yamamoto, Takashi Hasegawa (game) and Ufotable (TV)
Music by: Motoi Sakuraba and Go Shiina
Character designer and animation director: Akira Matsushima
Art director: Minji Kim
3DCG director: Kazuki Nishiwaki
Director of photography: Yuichi Terao
Photography by: Minami Ohara
2nd key animation by: Nobuhiro Kawabe
3D animation: Minako Takahashi
Color key by: Yūko Ōmae and Emi Chiba (assistant)
Authoring by: Chihiro Ishikawa
Editing by: Manabu Kamino (Sony PCL)
Production head: Yū Takanaka
Production manager: Ryu Suzuki and Suguru Takanaka (assistant)
Produced by: Tomoko Takehara, Koichiro Tomita, Hikari Kondo, Kenichi Yatomi and Yohei Kisara
Supervision by: Hideo Baba
Promotion by: Megumi Kitayama and Yasuko Satō
Studio: Ufotable
Network: Tokyo MX, SUN, KBS, TVA, BS11
Opening theme: "Kaze no Uta (風ノ唄 / Song of the Wind)" by Flow
Ending theme: "calling" by Fhána

Main cast: Sorey (スレイ) voiced by Ryōhei Kimura, Michi Imase (young) and Robbie Daymond (EN)
Mikleo (ミクリオ) voiced by Ryōta Ōsaka, Nana Hamasaki (young) and Michael Johnston (EN)
Alisha Diphda (アリーシャ・ディフダ) voiced by Ai Kayano and Alexis Tipton (EN)

Supporting cast: Rose (ロゼ) voiced by Mikako Komatsu and Caitlin Glass (EN)
Lailah (ライラ) voiced by Noriko Shitaya (TV), Miyu Matsuki (game) and Carrie Keranen (EN)
Edna (エドナ) voiced by Misato Fukuen and Kira Buckland (EN)

Dezel (デゼル) voiced by Daisuke Ono and Christopher Niosi (EN)
Zaveid (ザビーダ) voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda and Ian Sinclair (EN)
Narration (ナレーション) by Tomomichi Nishimura
PVs:SP:
Official site:Game & Special:

Synopsis:
Sorey is a human youth who grew up among the seraphim, spiritual beings not visible to humans. Sorey believes in the folklore that says "long ago, every human was able to see the seraphim" and dreams of unraveling the ancient mystery to make the world a place where people and seraphim can live together in peace. One day, Sorey visits the human capital for the very first time. He becomes embroiled in an incident during which he pulls out a holy sword embedded in a rock and ends up becoming a Shepherd, one who casts away calamity from the world. He begins to realize the gravity of his mission, and his dream of coexistence between mankind and the seraphim becomes more intense— And thus, the Shepherd embarks on an amazing journey with his companions.

QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 03 2016, 05:37 PM)King Arthur's Excalibur *Cough* Now I know the first episode is a prologue of what is to come... But I honestly hated every part of it, voices and animation with the bad CGI every 2minutes + horrible drama...lol i was neutral in ep'0, #1 hooked me (only 'tales of' anime i finished: abyss):)

Thoughts for the first weekend of this season:

Macross Delta ep 14:
Wait... that... did the Macross Elysion really just...?
blink.gif
LET LOOSE THE MEMEGIF VIDEO MAKERS!

Zestiria the Cross:
UFOtable: Proudly making the three least interesting characters in Tales of Zestiria look badass in a prequel episode. I have to admit I was pretty impressed to see Lunarre's original form suddenly let loose his inner Kumiho like that.

Arslan Senki:
Freaking loved that end card.
laugh.gif

ReLife:
See ReLife thread.

Stuff that hasn't aired yet:

New Game!:
And game developers rejoice! (while simultaneously lamenting that a company like the one depicted does. not. exist.)

Ilya 3rei:
9 lives blade works Miyuverse!Shirou cannot get here soon enough.

Alderamin:
Ikta is a great main chara, but why is a LN and Manga with a well liked shounen art style being given a shoujo art style that doesn't really seem to suit any of the characters or story?
unsure.gif
Did the publisher run out of money or something?

Active Raid S2:
S1 was good brainless fun.

I will probably try a few other random pickups after they've all had a chance to accumulate a couple of eps.

Tales of Zestiria the Cross: 2nd Season, will it reveal what X means? Crossover?

Norren said:
Zestiria the Cross:UFOtable: Proudly making the three least interesting characters in Tales of Zestiria look badass in a prequel episode. I have to admit I was pretty impressed to see Lunarre's original form suddenly let loose his inner Kumiho like that.
after watching eps 5-6, I would like to see more about tales of Berseria in S2 :d

Masich said:
Tales of Zestiria (Also the first official episode, not only the prologue).
In that case try Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari but first, I suggest you the Short Animation OVA serving as prologue... up to Zestiria ep.15 with Rose's past and Dezel bullied beaten, I wonder if Lord of calamity used to be a shepherd -_-

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back