31 replies to this topic

#21 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

Caught up on the subs, and this is pretty good... typical in the sense of a common offbeat hero or perhaps antihero with the usual crew battling against the machine, the matrix, the system etc... and I finally see what everyone's always mentioned about what studio is doing the artwork... as the characters are the same in so much of their work, on the good hand though, like any cliche or trope, we instantly recognize these characters and know their parts.... common in Chinese/Japanese classic operas/dramas, right? The actor or in anime, the VA might change, but the character remains the same, and allows the viewer to get the scene faster... as I've seen all these characters before, guess I've seen enough anime to finally see that simple fact. wink.gif

Being in those zones or dimensions seem to be an attempt, conscious or not, at drawing or showing what's called the 'thought planes'... not other physcial dimensions, but rather potentials, more like time/space perhaps.... interesting to see them drawn out like this and the interaction, as I've only read about them.

Storyline is ok so far... no complaints, interesting to see if it goes anywhere unusual, not that I've expecting that, usually these esoteric elements serve merely as a matrix for the story is be developed off of. Interesting to see the whole potentiating process from mind to form... would be interesting to see or hear about the creators original intentions. I see that manga is still ongoing, so that keeps it open-ended.

Edited by gdpetti, 05 March 2016 - 01:59 AM.

#22 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 28 2016, 01:23 PM)
Loser is also involved in Easter island and seems to have memories of it.
QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 4 2016,07:55 PM)
I see that manga is still ongoing, so that keeps it open-ended.
then it's likely this arc will end like season finale, cliffhanger for s2 until there is more manga material :/ so ep.9... to think Miyabi was 'cloned' into Mira instead of that sphere as main villain involved in Kyoma, Salva and loser's tragic past ohmy.gif
September theme: New Game! -a: Hifumi, sg: program errors
Posted ImagePosted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 15 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Knight's & Magic - 10/10 (airing) B-
2. Sakura Quest - 10/10 (airing) A+
3. New Game!! - 9/10 (airing) A+
4. Fate/Apocrypha - 9/10 (airing) C-
5. Gamers! Amano Keita to Seishun Continue - 8/10 (airing) A
6. Re:Creators - 8/10 (airing) B+
7. Isekai Shokudou - 8/10 (airing) A+
8. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 7/10 (airing) B-
9. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season - 7/10 (week break) B
10. Ballroom e Youkoso - 6/10 (airing) B
11. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 6/10 (airing) B
12. Dragon Ball Super - 6/10 (week break) B-
13. Shoukoku no Altair - 5/10 (airing) B+
14. The Reflection: Wave One - 5/10 (airing) B-
15. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 4/10 (airing) A
* Guilty pleasure: Marvel Future Avengers - 4/10 (airing) A-

#23 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2625 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Mar 06 2016, 05:00 PM)
then it's likely this arc will end like season finale, cliffhanger for s2 until there is more manga material :/ so ep.9... to think Miyabi was 'cloned' into Mira instead of that sphere as main villain involved in Kyoma, Salva and loser's tragic past

Mira only has the body which should have been used for Miyabi. However that strange remark that the incidents happened almost on the same time combined with memories/limitless possibilities of dimension W does seem to give rise to an idea:
What if Miyabi's memories/personality is in dimension W. That would mean that if they can transplant it into the cybernetic brain of Mira, Miyabi would be back again. Kyoma's memory in the hospital does suggest though that he notices Mira as a person.
It feels like a lot has to be solved in the next episodes..

#24 Knorris908

Knorris908

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

It's a shame that there isn't more source material. But while I definitely don't want this to just "end", I certainly don't want endless episodes of filler a-la Naruto either...

This is one of 7 solid anime that I enjoy this season. Grimgar, Schwartzmarken, Kono Subarashi, Norn, Phantom World, Dimension W & SAIJAKU MUHAI NO BAHAMUT. (Phi-chan is a hungry GODDESS)

I also really like a couple that it feels like never really got talked about which are AJIN, and SHOUJO-TACHI WA KOUYA WO MEZASU. (Except for here, of course!)

Edited by Knorris908, 06 March 2016 - 09:06 PM.

Funny from Kono Suba and Yummy from Grimgar

user posted imageuser posted image

#25 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

Ajin is rather good I thought... the tv version is just the film in the first 6 eps.. which reminds me that I haven't checked out ep 7 yet. huh.gif

Baku Dake is very good... as is Rakugo of course.. that one is rather artistic actually, rather rare it seems, as it's 'adult'... how rare is that? blink.gif

This one, Dim W, is looking pretty good so far, and after the origin of Mira as a receptacle for Miyabi was shown, more of it is staring to make sense, soon they should fill in what happened to Mira's form after the accident etc.... 'fathers' leaving the company etc. They have setup a large enough platform for further action background etc.... if the money doesn't run out first. dry.gif Yes, a lot of silliness given the targeted audience, which must be rather young, right? This show seems to be in between age groups... teen to adult maybe? Ajin seems to be in that category as well.

Has someone already mentioned the expected ep count for this one? Wikipedia says 12.

Just saw the header....from the creator of 'Darker than black'.... so that's where those throwing needle things come from. cool.gif though the mc reminds me more of the mc in Cowboy Bebop, the way he moves and stuff... of course, so many of these characters look similar, like the fat lady boss, straight out of Darker than Black as well.... it gets confusing, as i can never remember the names, but they really aren't necessary, are they?

Edited by gdpetti, 07 March 2016 - 02:26 AM.

#26 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 06 2016, 08:23 PM)
Has someone already mentioned the expected ep count for this one? Wikipedia says 12.

Just saw the header....from the creator of 'Darker than black'....
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Mar 06 2016, 03:02 PM)
This is one of 7 solid anime that I enjoy this season.  Grimgar, Schwartzmarken, Kono Subarashi, Norn, Phantom World, Dimension W & SAIJAKU MUHAI NO BAHAMUT. (Phi-chan is a hungry GODDESS)

I also really like a couple that it feels like never really got talked about which are AJIN, and SHOUJO-TACHI WA KOUYA WO MEZASU. (Except for he
watching them too (a yandere sister in Schwarzesmarken oO), except Norn and Saijaiku ;/ are both getting good lately?... also yes Dw is 12 eps long from King of Thorn's creator, great fights in #10 and adrastea's space development blink.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:42 AM

12 eps? So the next one is the finale? It does appear to be headed that way, though the manga is ongoing, unless this last release is the end for that too. This has been a good series... that MC guy still reminds me of themc in Cowboy Bebop.

#28 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 23 2016, 06:42 PM)
to be headed that way, though the manga is ongoing, unless this last release is the end for that too. This has been a good series... that MC guy still reminds me of themc in Cowboy Beb
for me Kyoma looks more like Jet (with hair ;p) than Spike, still overall a happy tV finale recalling why he broke genesis... beating Seameyer to oblivion literally but too bad for Loser, now losing his life ;/ let's see if S2 airs after its specials smile.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:56 PM

That last ep sure seemed like a finale to me... Of course, they can always continue the storyline if they want, but it really did seem like a finale.... There is all kinds of storyline that could be followed of course, if they want to, and ratings allow.

I like this show, do you know where the ratings are listed? Or is it on a japanese only site?

#30 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2625 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

So last episode and it felt okay although some questions remain. Mira got a new coil but what does it do? A new season with a focus on that would be nice. I can't imagine new tesla being okay with her having it.
In all a nice series with some flaws: 8 out of 10

#31 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:00 AM

Dimension:W no Tobira 0nline & 0VA, specials and fanservice ep finally subbed
dim%2Bban.gif
OVA2.jpg

A new season with a focus on that would be nice. I can't imagine new tesla being okay with her having it.
In all a nice series with some flaws: 8 out of 10

D:W OVA (unaired short ep.13 bundled with 6th BR/DVD) summer 2016 - 7/10
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, saw your posts, watched the online short things and the OVA... not worth it really... slightly interesting, but nothing more. The OVA was essentially a short as well... the online robot forum supershort was interesting at first, but not for 5 eps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users