• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

not sure if they were gonna make it a dream of our MC or not... after the last ep ended with her asking him to teach her... I thought they'd have been wake up or something like that.... saying he had to go back... but in this series, as the preview for next week's ep showed, they do another timeskip for the kids to become adults.. I think anyway... that was my impression

he passed away for real but i didnt expect Matsuda still alive, after seeing 'him as ferryman' previously... overall good epilogue with Yotaro's daughter in 200X telling by technology, yet the dad of konatsu's son? he looks like MC now :huh:
0ctober halloween: Himōto! Umaru-chan -a: Monstaa!, s: Kirie

Scores of my Latest Top 20 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Sakura Quest - 10/10 (ongoing?) A+
2. Knight's & Magic - 10/10 (ongoing?) B-
3. Himouto! Umaru-chan R - 9/10 (airing) A
4. Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi - 9/10 (o) B+
5. New Game!! - 9/10 (ongoing?) A+
6. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - 8/10 (airing) B
7. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season - 8/10 (waiting S3) B
8. Gamers! Amano Keita to Seishun Continue - 8/10 (ong?) A
9. Isekai Shokudou - 8/10 (ongoing?) A+
10. Re:Creators - 7/10 (ongoing?) B+
11. Dragon Ball Super - 7/10 (airing) B-
12. Shoukoku no Altair - 7/10 (airing) B+
13. Fate/Apocrypha - 7/10 (recap) C-
14. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 6/10 (ongoing?) C-
15. Ballroom e Youkoso - 6/10 (airing) B
16. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 6/10 (ongoing?) B
17. Love Love! Sunshine!! S2 - 5/10 (airing) A-
18. Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei - 5/10 (og) B-
19. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 5/10 (ongoing?) A
20. The Reflection: Wave One - 4/10 (airing) B-
* G. pleasure: [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijou S2 - 4/10 (ar) A-

#42 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Well, a 12 ep S2... as that is definitely the end of the season... no 'milking' it with this series... they wrapped everything up and softly kissed it goodbye.... osis.

Nothing new, nothing dramatic... rather it was all anticlimatic from the start... as the new generation takes over...

I did find it interesting that the first kid looked like our first MC... in personality as well... though the crime boss had a similar look, only a fuller form, but he was older... and that professor asked her about the father.... I have trouble keeping the names straight... she didn't answer, but did alude to things... which was interesting... if i understood that right.

Odd that she was never told about the real nature of events 'that night' over the balcony.... not that it matters at this point.... and she could have remembered it in her dreams anyway over the years.

In time, everything passes away... the 'bad' as well as the 'good'.... all emotions that come and go with the wind of spirit that brought them in the first place.

-----

On a side note: watching Black Jack... first 'special' or S1? had some odd character types which I haven't seen so far in S2.. even though the animation is 80s/90s.. the writing is rather well done.... which explains why it was so popular in its time(manga anyway), even though it wasn't a mecha type.... the political and social aspects touched upon are rather 'new'... in its criticism of American imperialism, if not others... as well as so many of civilization's problems that never get resolved( rich/poor).... the little 'girl' isn't explained yet.... a comic character to alleviate the dramatic storylines... seems a bit out of place, but such is the market... perhaps if and when her character is explained... given a reason for why she is there, as she seems out of place mostly in his world.

#43 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

I did find it interesting that the first kid looked like our first MC... in personality as well... though the crime boss had a similar look, only a fuller form, but he was older... and that professor asked her about the father.... I have trouble keeping the names straight... she didn't answer, but did alude to things... which was interesting... if i understood that right.
Odd that she was never told about the real nature of events 'that night' over the balcony.... not that it matters at this point.... and she could have remembered it in her dreams anyway over the years.

i guess both secrets are kept from who don't know, thinking they can't handle the truth to not ruin their relationship... Very awkward but it isn't unthinkable if he's really MCs son, after complicated hate and love feelings with Konatsu :o

#44 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

I was reading comments over on animesuki on this and one person mentioned this hopeful link:  http://www.anime-evo...nju-season-2-12

But more interesting is a comment below the ariticle mentioning this link to:

"This is an additional Chapter not included in the anime if you care for the manga artist's intentions."
https://docs.google....=h.j5q31xq43z10

Doesn't that give you a slightly different impression? The kid's character was so different grown up too... like our MC, in look and attitude, an introvert... but as a kid he's was so much an extrovert.... what happened? I also think, like others mentioned, that the mother looked older than she should have... I didn't recognize her at first, thought she looked in her 60s... she's not supposed to be that old... I think she would have put those memories/nightmares of that event and her childhood then together like pieces of a puzzle... through the years... and after seeing that 'additional chapter' (not having seen the manga at all), I would see how this idea would form... and the animated character of that kid does imply the same. That chapter of her rebellious youth, seeing him talking to himself/and her father... not just in that 'additional chapter', but many times at home etc.... she would have a different impression of our MC... that chapter, if the rest of the manga is like it, made her father seem quiet... he didn't seem to say anything when our MC saw him at home.... but in the anime, he's the same extrovert, outgoing etc...

I think the anime needed another episode to finish it off better.. it was still good, but it needed more transition to the current era... which is why I was a little suprised when it said 'The End' ... I thought there'd be another episode... but they did tie up the loose ends... more or less.... I still think she would have known by then... she was raised by that butler guy as well, if not more than our MC... who was always so aloof... distant... as she grew up, she must have thought about what her mother saw in him... compared to her father.....

Oh well.

#45 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū: Director's cut, extended ep.1 adding both 0VAs
bd0192a1gy1ff291o9ui6j20q00gpad1.jpg

"This is an additional Chapter not included in the anime if you care for the manga artist's intentions."
https://docs.google....=h.j5q31xq43z10

Doesn't that give you a slightly different impression? The kid's character was so different grown up too... like our MC, in look and attitude, an introvert... but as a kid he's was so much an extrovert.... what happened? I also think, like others mentioned, that the mother looked older than she should have... I didn't recognize her at first, thought she looked in her 60s... she's not supposed to be that old... I think she would have put those memories/nightmares of that event and her childhood then together like pieces of a puzzle... through the years... and after seeing that 'additional chapter' (not having seen the manga at all), I would see how this idea would form... and the animated character of that kid does imply the same. That chapter of her rebellious youth, seeing him talking to himself/and her father... not just in that 'additional chapter', but many times at home etc.... she would have a different impression of our MC... that chapter, if the rest of the manga is like it, made her father seem quiet... he didn't seem to say anything when our MC saw him at home.... but in the anime, he's the same extrovert, outgoing etc...

I think the anime needed another episode to finish it off better.. it was still good, but it needed more transition to the current era... which is why I was a little suprised when it said 'The End' ... I thought there'd be another episode...

after noticing its new scenes, I'm hoping for a release of that skipped ep too ;)

#46 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

It does and doesn't change things.. just explains them a wee bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users