Dagashi Kashi 2

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: DAGASHIKASHI
Japanese: だがしかし
Airing date: 7/1/2016 (TV series)
Genres: Comedy, Parody, Shounen
Original creators: Kotoyama (manga) and Manta Aisora (light novel)
Director: Shigehito Takayanagi
Written by: Shigehito Takayanagi and Yasuko Kamo
Music by: Tomotaka Osumi and Nobuaki Nobusawa
Character designer: Kanetoshi Kamimoto
Sound director: Satoshi Motoyama
Key animation by: Miyuki Inoue
Studio: Feel.
Network: TBS, CBC, SUN, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Checkmate!?" by MICHI
Ending theme: "Hey! Calorie Queen (Hey!カロリーQueen)" by Ayana Taketatsu

Main cast: Hotaru Shidare (枝垂 ほたる) voiced by Ayana Taketatsu
Kokonotsu Shikada (鹿田 ココノツ) voiced by Atsushi Abe

Supporting cast: Saya Endō (遠藤 サヤ) voiced by Manami Numakura
Tō Endō (遠藤 豆) voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Yō Shikada (鹿田 ヨウ) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara

Synopsis: Shikada Kokonotsu's father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu's father is famous and she wants him to join her family's company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jan 4 2016,3:33 PM)shows I'm interested in or intrigued by, like
QUOTE (Masich @ Dec 23 2015, 05:30 PM). Dagashi Kashisubbed until today but was worth the wait, hoping for earlier subs in next eps
tongue.gif

From the looks of this it looks like a slice of life that has some good moments here and there. In any case it looks like a fun series to check out for this season.

Yeah it's funny to watch old commercial references about snacks, their mascots (or lack of them) as seen in ep.2... Also games and toys bundled that kids used to play often, this would be my favorite new comedy if it wasn't for Konosuba
biggrin.gif

blink.gif
what is this? It looks like one big history lesson and information series about sweets. Of course the story seems to be not so important but somehow this series is able to remain interesting. Hotaru is one crazy girl who actually is fun to watch. Kokonutsu and all the others try to remain normal but are taken in by her craziness. And i must say i also find it interesting to see what kind of candy she will explain this time and hype to oblivion
smile.gif
. A simple but fun series till now.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 31 2016,3:01 PM)his series is able to remain interesting. Hotaru is one crazy girl who actually is fun to watch. Kokonutsu and all the others try to remain normal but are taken in by her craziness.Definitely Coconatsu's dad is also nutty hiding 'drugs' in ep.5, it's like his role is reversed with a less childish son xD... and their successful video acting 'cool' vs spontaneous, Hotaru's luck is so bad that Tou ate all her Yattamens in a bowl
cool.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 06 2016, 05:00 PM)Definitely Coconatsu's dad is also nutty hiding 'drugs' in ep.5, it's like his role is reversed with a less childish son xD... and their successful video acting 'cool' vs spontaneous, Hotaru's luck is so bad that Tou ate all her Yattamens in a bowl

That role reversal and video acting actually made me wonder if Hotaru's dad is not going for the wrong guy. Coconatsu knows just as much as his dad and is pretty inspiring about candy. He could even make the wrappers for the candy to promote his manga skills..

Long lost sisters?
CZ_Veq_UkAAVjhy.jpg
tumblr_o0zewtgHUf1rd6sdio1_500.gif

Anna Sempai has very little on Hotaru...

Aside for being a dangerously deranged nympho.... POINT GOES TO ANNA SEMPAI! (I'd risk it!)

Hotaru is going to end up in the "Big & Wide" girls club within the year with the way she eats though...

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 06 2016, 10:31 AM)That role reversal and video acting actually made me wonder if Hotaru's dad is not going for the wrong guy. Coconatsu knows just as much as his dad and is pretty inspiring about candy. He could even make the wrappers for the candy to promote his mangaor it's her mistake of terrible luck but yup, she should ask Coco to draw mascots
no one can stop Mr. domino, by a dagashi in ep'4 i recalled this crazy game
laugh.gif

Hey!

I finally remembered where it was that these character designs remind me of...

Does anyone here remember "The Law Of Ueki"? Yup. Totally. All we're missing is Tenko! (And I'm sure that there will be a mascot snuck-in there somewhere that will resemble him too!)

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Feb 07 2016, 04:53 PM)Hotaru is going to end up in the "Big & Wide" girls club within the year with the way she eats thouisn't Hey! Calorie Queen ED a hint? ;p for me, her sakurabo gif beats Anna's pic as suggestive! Shokugeki no Soma wins so far... About ep'6 to think Saya loves Coconuts since playing doctor, still cute flashback after its long week-break
happy.gif

It was indeed a bit nice to see how Saya had liked him since then. Hotaru is still one strange girl. I wonder which candy will be next.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 24 2016, 02:43 PM)to see how Saya had liked him since then. Hotaru is still one strange girl. I wonder which candy will be nexi found ep.7 more refreshing outside You's shop, didn't rely on fanservice about his rival Tamai and festival candy origins... a nice déjàvu with Cocono's goldfish for Saya, is like Hotaru got her skills and Tou bad luck but he's good at monja
smile.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 27 2016, 10:00 AM)i found ep.7 more refreshing outside You's shop, didn't rely on fanservice about his rival Tamai and festival candy origins... a nice déjàvu with Cocono's goldfish for Saya, is like Hotaru got her skills and Tou bad luck but he's good at monja

It was indeed a nice deviation from the original setting. Saya really likes Coconuts and everyone around her supports it. However i wonder if Coconuts likes her as much. We get to see him look flushed around Hotaru but does he like Saya more than just good childhood friend. In all indeed a nice episode again.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 28 2016, 12:23 PM)deviation from the original setting. Saya really likes Coconuts and everyone around her supports it. However i wonder if Coconuts likes her as much. We get to see him look flushed around Hotaru but does he like Saya more than just good childhood friend.not just him but also Tou is attracted to Hotaru's nice body, agreeing she's cute while quiet given her weird personality... about ep'8 if only Yami shibai was this good, a fun Saya's scaredy cat mode yet cool with skills in kendama too
ph34r.gif

Somehow the episode felt a little weaker as previous episodes. Sure the ghost story with a scared Saya was okay but it felt a bit weak on the story of the candy compared to previous episodes. The kendama was indeed better with Saya showing her skills (for a toy you can do a lot of things
smile.gif
). Coconuts and To do have a mean streak with wanting to see panties..Hotaru probably doesn't even notice or care about them trying to watch hers.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 06 2016, 12:31 PM)a little weaker as previous episodes. Sure the ghost story with a scared Saya was okay but it felt a bit weak on the story of the candy compared to previous episodes. The kendama was indeed better with Saya showing her skills (for a toy you can do a lot of things
smile.gif
). Coconuts and To do have a mean streak with wanting to see panties..Hotaru probably doesn't even notice or care about them trying to watch hers.Or 'M' lacking common sense she just isn't so smart (Osaka? ;p), as ep'9 telling Saya that 'Poop Choco' are eggs... But 'boob' instead of Egg ('bomb') Ice cream to Coconuts, Hotaru's parents must be odd asking her to recruit his dad
wacko.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Mar 16 2016, 08:00 PM)Or 'M' lacking common sense she just isn't so smart (Osaka? ;p), as ep'9 telling Saya that 'Poop Choco' are eggs... But 'boob' instead of Egg ('bomb') Ice cream to Coconuts, Hotaru's parents must be odd asking her to recruit his dad

Hotaru's parents must indeed be odd. Even building a house for her. It was pretty strange again with her being at home due to the mount ulcer. Did we actually see Coconuts care for Hotaru??
Her medicine really took the cake of strangeness: using powdered dagashi as a medicine was stupid even for Hotaru.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 19 2016,06:26 AM)strange again with her being at home due to the mount ulcer. Did we actually see Coconuts care for Hotaru?Maybe but funny how it looks like he was "tempting" her with dagashi, as drugs yet she resisted clinging on saya... still some tries were enough to break such a willpower going crazier, at least ep'11 shows why his dad is wanted by hotaru
wink.gif

Episode 11 does indeed show why they want his father even if he does eat the stock of the store.
smile.gif

Also coconuts seems to have some feelings for hotaru. Could become interesting in a strange way
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 28 2016, 03:01 PM)Also coconuts seems to have some feelings for hotaru. Could become interesting in a strange way
smile.gif
yes after all he asked Tou how to become popular with girls in its finale, coconuts would get her attention anyway if she knew he was eating... still it's one-sided because she loves yuri dagashi mascots ;p a weird but fun comedy, I don't mind a S2 in case there is enough manga material
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back