• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 15 2016, 08:38 PM)
. nice way to end the season
also I liked its OVA which happens before Tosaki meets Izumi, refreshing to see one of the first Ajins isn't caught yet... Many iBMs can be casted at once by him unlike Others from S1, sadly he couldn't trust in his friend earlier like Kei did sleep.gif
Scores of my Latest Top 7 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3: Part 2 - 10/10 (airing) B+
2. Fruits Basket Zenpen - 9/10 (airing) A+
3. Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari - 8/10 (airing) B-
4. JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken: Ōgon no Kaze - 7/10 (airing) C-
5. Isekai Quartet - 7/10 (airing) A-
6. One Punch Man 2 - 6/10 (week break) B
7. Super Dragon Ball Heroes - 5/10 (airing) B-
*GP: The [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijō S4 - 4/10 (ar) A

#22 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

Ok, just saw that OVA listed online... not a bad ep, but the dark, nearly out of focused, animation gets to your eyes after a while, don't you think? I can understand the style issue, and even the economics, but C'Mon, man! mad.gif This OVA is a prequel... like exposition... backfilling for the next season? maybe we'll see this character in the new film/series? Of course, the characters look so much alike that it's hard to tell them apart at times... no wonder they use different hair/eye colors so much. laugh.gif Cheaper that way. Is the Part 2 not yet online that aired last month a continuation of the film format? that later becomes the second season tv anime?

Edited by gdpetti, 04 July 2016 - 02:37 AM.

#23 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:00 AM

Ajin 2nd Season, if only Magneto were like Sato the mutants would rule already
user posted image user posted image
QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jul 03 2016, 08:36 PM)
This OVA is a prequel... like exposition... backfilling for the next season? maybe we'll see this character in the new film/series? Of course, the characters look so much alike that it's hard to tell them apart at times... no wonder they use different hair/eye colors
Maybe he'll join Kei later too vs. a mad hatter, now that Tosaki had to in ep'1 tongue.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 03 November 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#24 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Aug 1 2016, 2:00 PM)
season of Ajin... I do wonder if they want to 'milk' it like Naruto or end it clean this season or not, as that will determine how the story progresses IMO. Like X-Men, this Ajin phenomenon seems to be growing, the problem isn't just the current one trying to take over.
currently there are 8 manga volumes so i think it'll end soon, also what's left to see how different are films and TV eps... telling by #17 Kaito will be back along an Ajin with winged IBM, it's time for a new hottie joining too (if she survives)tongue.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 03 November 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#25 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

Well, just finished the 2nnd season up to the last ep 6... pretty good... and the action build up is very good... only complaint is the animation style...it's a little too cheap CGI... but a little excuseable as the style of the Ajin themselves.. but I guess that comes down to money?? Or is it a choice of the studio? The writing is good so far, and that winged one in jail with Kaito has shown up a couple eps back... so that is setup for a future ep... If there's only 8 volumes then they can most probably work the action scenes till then, bring the winged one and Kaito back to our MC and company to end this season.... if like the 1st season, it'll be 13 eps....

The writing is good for this genre, as our MC issues with controlling his Anjin is dealt with, the side characters etc... nicely done.

Edited by gdpetti, 17 November 2016 - 01:56 AM.

#26 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

only complaint is the animation style...it's a little too cheap CGI... but a little excuseable as the style of the Ajin themselves.. but I guess that comes down to money?? Or is it a choice of the studio? The writing is good so far, and that winged one in jail with Kaito has shown up a couple eps back... so that is setup for a future ep... If there's only 8 volumes then they can most probably work the action scenes till then, bring the winged one and Kaito back to our MC and company to end this season.... if like the 1st season, it'll be 13 eps....

also telling by new OP 3rd Film starts in #20, Tosaki rescued after Izumi's past...
1a30f3fc82e2a3c8c2fa4dbd510c40a0.jpgshe would look like this without CG, will the US ajin woman help to stop Sato?:o

Edited by NecroRyu, 07 December 2016 - 10:01 PM.

#27 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:23 AM

Watched Ajin S2, very well written, setup... art is a little weak, but it does look like the Ajins themselves... is it cheap CGI? not sure, but the storyline is good, which makes up for it.... mostly.

Just finished the 7eps up for Vivid Strike! out of the Nanoha franchise... the storyline setup of the characters is very well done, the orphan thing, school bullying... nicely done with 2 new protagonists... all sits atop the girl battle competitions that make the Rocky films look weak by comparison.... animation really works in this regard.... the whole transformation thing is weird (for an adult), but I guess that's for their main audience, young girls. ^_^ as it's pure fantasy dress up stuff... as if time stops while they transform... ok.... :rolleyes:  Animation is sharp, clean, 'vivid' :P  action scenes well done, but so were all the others in the franchise... which is what this really is... a franchise... the money is spent well. Given the whole battle girls thing is a little odd, as guys never show up except as background people... it's all female format... what is odd is that Nanoha et al from the previous animes aren't shown at all so far.... she is her parent along with her friend.... but never seen, which is a little odd. But this series has and continues to be well made... from the look to the characters/their backgrounds etc... well written. You can see the whole package setup for sale to the audience... very professional... from top to bottom, and with the battle/competition scenes, it's got to do well with the boys as well, definitel shounen material, but very well done, especially the setup for the characters and the flashback memories to reinforce it etc.

Got a few more on the list... now that there's a few eps out instead of waiting each week.... Hibeki and Last Witch is on it.... as well as that other magical girl project in which they all have to do a Hunger Games type fight out.

-----------

PS... "Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku" that magical girls in The Hunger Games isn't setup well... it flows ok, but the characters and situation just doesn't make much sense... and they keep changing it... seems that they are targeting teens more than young girls... it's full of the usual 'dark' elements that have penetrated most western heroes in the last few decades... 'dark Superman' or Batman, or Spiderman, etc... this genre has had the usual 'dark' or 'evil' magical holders, but this story setup is a combination of jumbled up elements... :wacko:  other than that, the action flows well. :D  It seems at times that this project as well as the whole zombie meme in other works, is part of the whole degradation of the cultural norms... making pedophilia a new acceptable practice... add in the other NWO elements of getting people to accept the 'dark side'... 'sit down, shut up and follow orders' societal programming/conditioning from birth, generation after generation. There are the usual use of other famous literary elements/character types/tropes that add into the jumbled mix of confusion, which the story seems geared for... reminds me of the whole Monarch programming that is found in some music videos/films... such as http://vigilantcitiz...y-mind-control/

I found myself skipping ahead a few seconds to the next dialogue bit ... to push it along. Oh well... the rest of this can wait till the end of the season.... I wonder how the advertisers feel about this program? It seems that it would give their product a bad image as well... not good for business. It must be targeted to teens, though they use the usual opening girl OP ... makes you wonder if they are aware of what they are doing or not... same as so many newbies in the entertainment industry that are sent on photo shoots with the usual NWO photographers getting them all to pose in the infamous One-Eyed salute... found in Japan as well... not surprising given it's colonial status to the USA, which is full of psychos and pedophiles same throughout most western nations.

http://www.theeventc...ophile-network/

http://www.theeventc...rats-scramble/#

http://vigilantcitiz...s-occult-elite/

That was my impression.... it seems intentional in this anime... as it does throughout society... better hidden in most products targeting children... but not always... and easy to excuse away with a sardonic laugh. That Hunger Games scenario on top of the magical girl genre is another sign of our times as the NWO comes out of the closet, as they won't be able to hide it after the transition to 4d... and the name of the game is the control and utilization of free will.... consciousness is all there really is... all the rest is illusion. Definitely something off when this is seen in any entertainment product.... makes you wonder about the author of these light novels. :ph34r: Maybe it's just me? but the more you know, the more you see. Knowledge is power.

Edited by gdpetti, 18 November 2016 - 06:28 PM.

#28 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

Watched Ajin S2, very well written, setup... art is a little weak, but it does look like the Ajins themselves... is it cheap CGI? not sure, but the storyline is good, which makes up for it.... mostly.

i don't mind 3DCG too if everything else work out, its EMP weapon reminds me Ocean's Eleven remake ;p nice ep.9 twists... Tosaki's insurance plan or Anti-Ajin squad isn't enough, I wonder how the exsoldier gamer will be outsmarted :huh:

#29 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

Hmmm... just finished ep 9... dry.png  they are making Satou out to be some supersmart mastermind criminal with total tactical awareness, better fighter at basic combat than the rest of the special forces etc... it's way too much... mastermind, ok, I don't mind he's ex special forces himself, but he's got to be 25 yrs older than them... no way, in hand to hand they would lose.. Ajin stuff, ok... but not against another spec operator whose that much younger.... same in any sport.... you get older and your don't move as fast etc... there's a very good reason atheletes retire in their 30s.... even James Bond, in the books is automatically retired at 35 - only in the movies is the character older... It's really too much in that regard, and that attack is based in the special ops being totally clueless... no F'ng way that van/truck gets within 4 blocks without being taken out, the driven would've been suspected as an Ajin and tranquilized immediately, no cops would be in the area, perhaps back up a mile away... this episode is totally ridiculous in this regard.... but the rest of the 'action' is good.. the ajin stuff is good, as you expect Satou to have more experience with his etc.... so ok, but that attack was total BS. I had a hard time sitting through that shit. The writer has shit for brains, or is it just his expectations that his audience is braindead?! angry.png  That ep was an insult to basic intelligence, and it didn't have to be, simply better writing instead of taking the easy way out would have done the job, but the writer/s on this project just don't care... just pushing the project into next season. I'm losing interest, and otherwise it's a nice anime... but Satou isn't all that. C'mon, can't the writer/s at least try? just a little bit? Is that asking for too much? the previous eps of the American and his anjin partner was a nice bit... so much of this anime is working, but almost everything involving Satou is rather ridiculous, way, way over the top etc. The writer/s seem to be in love with his character and can't hold back... maybe I'll try the next ep later... I'm losing interest... but no doubt most of their audience isn't, as they don't expect too much and are usually willing to look the other way when their intelligence is being insulted... like our govt's 'fake news' BS... typical routine, blame others for your actions.. called 'projection' in psych class... 'do as I say, not as I do' etc.

They are milking this one... not that that is bad, but it's getting predictable.... you can see Satou's group starting to fracture away from him as he goes total psycho.. an intelligent one, but still a psycho it seems.... I wonder if the writer/s realize this? Not every greedy bastard or 'chosen' one  is a pyscho, but I doubt the writer/s know the difference. So, they will push it till the next action scene and cliff hanger for the next season. rolleyes.gif  I see the OVA's are out, so 12 eps is it for this season, right? I'll probably check the last few out later... as I'm losing interest, especially as the whole Ajin thing is rather ridiculous to start with.... more so IMO that magical girls, superpowrs etc.... they could be explained away as 5d energy forms but the writer/s obviously know nothing about that either, and it wouldn't apply in this case.... maybe they will turn it into a comedy? as it is starting to look like one whenever these Satou based actions scenes show up. dry.png

PS.... and no, Satou's friend Tanaka would have been tranq'd as well and never shot Satou to reset him... and the place would had tranq guns for a crew of a hundred or more... nothing moving for a mile, in the air, on the ground... the writing is good for the characters and basic setup./worldview, but these action scenes are stupid, or they think we are.

The American's, given the current setup, would've already been on the scene, and since it's already been implied that their intel is better, we have to assume their tech is too to combat them etc... There are just more and more holes in this all the time and it doesn't seem to stop, which makes it seem like it was made in Hollywood. ohmy.png  I can hear the studio heads telling their subordinates to call and buy the rights to this kiddie fantasy project... perfect for a Hollywood project... could make a lot of money in a live version... though the same applies to GITM project, unless the director screwed it up. Ok, done ranting.... I let it go, pretty much, the first or last time... taking down the building laugh.png  they've seen too many 9-11 false flag ops! the writer/s need a reality check, but I guess it isn't needed in anime or Hollywood. cool.png

#30 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

<_< they are making Satou out to be some supersmart mastermind criminal with total tactical awareness, better fighter at basic combat than the rest of the special forces etc... it's way too much... mastermind, ok, I don't mind he's ex special forces himself, but he's got to be 25 yrs older than them... no way, in hand to hand they would lose.. Ajin stuff, ok... but not against another spec operator whose that much younger.... same in any sport.... you get older and your don't move as fast etc... there's a very good reason atheletes retire in their 30s.... even James Bond, in the books is automatically retired at 35 - only in the movies is the character older... It's really too much in that regard, and that attack is based in the special ops being totally clueless... no F'ng way that van/truck gets within 4 blocks without being taken out, the driven would've been suspected as an Ajin and tranquilized immediately, no cops would be in the area, perhaps back up a mile away... this episode is totally ridiculous in this regard.... but the rest of the 'action' is good.. the ajin stuff is good, as you expect Satou to have more experience with his etc.... so ok, but that attack was total BS. I had a hard time sitting through that shit. The writer has shit for brains, or is it just his expectations that his audience is braindead?! :angry: That ep was an insult to basic intelligence, and it didn't have to be, simply better writing instead of taking the easy way out would have done the job, but the writer/s on this project just don't care... just pushing the project into next season. I'm losing interest, and otherwise it's a nice anime... but Satou isn't all that. C'mon, can't the writer/s at least try? just a little bit? Is that asking for too much? the previous eps of the American and his anjin partner was a nice bit... so much of this anime is working, but almost everything involving Satou is rather ridiculous, way, way over the top etc. The writer/s seem to be in love with his character and can't hold back...

yes it's getting old (in many ways) so i expected a new villain for S3, but he and his loyal sidekick escape again anyway... most interesting scene for me on such season finale cliffhanger, was Sato's flashback capturing the 1st Ajin (a hint?)-_-

#31 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

The thing is, that outside of these military engagements, the rest of the writing seems rather well done... BUT the entire action scenes, though they look good essentially, are so fake... that last ep with the underground tunnel?!?!?!? WTF?! That tunnel is no surprise to anyone.. those things are found around the world, and almost all of them are known in some manner, especially this one, as it was so clean and perfect... no way it wouldn't have been on the charts etc... no way that computer guy wouldn't have known about it... etc. etc...  Shall I rant more? No way the Americans would've waited so long ... sitting around smoking weed or what?! Makes no sense and this stuff is all over these scenes.... BUT the rest of the writing seem rather well done... makes no sense why the writer would go stupid just for these scenes. wacko.pngwacko.pngwacko.png

laugh.png  Doesn't make me want to bother with a 3rd season, especially as the entire concept is rather lame.. no way, with all that research that they wouldn't know what frequency these things operate in ... so many things are popping up as the writer seems to change the rules of the game... typical cheap trick or cop-out, shortcut etc. Too many sake's??? ph34r.png

It's ok, but too many of these gimmicky action scenes where the govt special ops guys are essentially stupid, though at least in the last ep, they wore a little body armor.... wink.png  Guess too many died in the previous action scene at the corporation? AH, Duh, maybe a vest next time? HOw about full on body armor, scopes etc??? Nope, Satou can't be caught... and then when they do, they don't keep him sedated???!?!?!?!?? WTF!!!! laugh.png   How not to write a series... but if the kids like it, then this is how they learn to 'sit down, shut up and do as you're told'.... aka, be stupid.

Other than this BS, the characters are rather nicely written, setup etc... but Satou is WAY over the top... 'Untouchable' for no F'n reason, other than the writer wants to keep this story going as long as possible without having to make sense... that is so yesteryear, right? laugh.png  It's interesting how someone can write so good and bad at the same time. Impressive! tongue.png

Ok, enough of this anime.... essentially everyone is stupid but Satou.... the real MC of our story. It seems Satou will have to kill himself with his lack of humility?

#32 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

Ajin: Satou ZER0 & Intermission, prequel of S1 and 'midquels' with mini'recaps
ajin.jpg 1.jpg

the characters are rather nicely written, setup etc... but Satou is WAY over the top... 'Untouchable' for no F'n reason, other than the writer wants to keep this story going as long as possible without having to make sense... that is so yesteryear, right? :lol: It's interesting how someone can write so good and bad at the same time. Impressive! :P

Did you try new 0VAs? 2nd is comic relief, but 3rd your favorite villain's past :D

#33 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

Actually, I gave up on this series... due to the whole Sato being a 'god' essentially... as well as the whole Ajin thing being rather ridiculous... too much for me... and I liked most of the characters... but this Sato was just too much, and he doesn't even need to open his eyes to see anything/anyone.... how godlike! :rolleyes: Must be his Ajin... no head= no need for eyes... another writing error.... and most of these problems center around this Sato character.... if the writer/s just redid his character, the entire show would work better.... but if it's popular among the audience, like most American superhero movies, why change it? making sense is for only a few of us... so this show isn't for me obviously, for even in fantasy, I need a worldview that makes sense... Sato's godlike status doesn't fit with all the rest.... and being a former special op guy doesn't change much, if anything, it would make him more predictable for those dealing with him, as they would already know how he thinks/operates, etc. 

So I gave up on it.... and glad to do so.... but again, other than this God Sato, the rest of the cast is rather well written... I like the characters... but Sato has been made a god and what can mere mortals do with that? :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users