41 replies to this topic

#41 gdpetti

gdpetti

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, they are alot alike... same problems in most as well... there are always good setups that seem to go awry.... well not totally, but their potential is rarely met... Clannad being the exception, as the problems I had with it was the first season and that roommate as the comedy player... too much, way over the top, slapstick style.... all based in games I guess which follow the same format, execution etc... probably same design team, or at least its leader... or they are told to keep to the established format that sells well.... that and consolidating so many plotlines is pretty weird to start with... so most of the problems are built in... but the endings always seem short-changed.... Charlotte being a good recent example... like the budget was running out... this Rewrite seemed like the idea/concept was running out and they didn't know where to go with it to finish it off... I'm guessing the game was the same... I might check on that...  Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito is said, on Wikipedia, to have 40 minutes of new material out of 117 minute film.... so it should be worth it if you like it... which I did.... I really think that one has 'legs' and could do another season or two... I'm surprised it was so short... it's one of the best setups Key has done... dystopian/apocalyptic scenario... could be dealing with the whole issue of 'the ghost in the machine' affect... a sense of reality that their recent stuff hasn't had much of in their setups... oh well, that one might not show up for a while. Space Brothers film was pretty good if you like the series, the only thing missing is the inbetween period of them from jr high to high school and college.. where did the MC go off the tracks on that plan to go to space? His brother didn't waver it seems... and that is more interesting, which is why he is more interesting as the MC... that Planetarium thing of theirs was just promo mostly that was sent out to planetariums...nothing new... I didn't know they have a live-action film being released, seems a condensed version of the whole story so far.

I finished the first two seasons of Jack Black.. which were good, outside of the little girl that is never explained... but I started the tv series and it focuses on that girl and her friends etc... and the whole show is very different in tone and execution... made for kids of course.. not sure if I can watch many more eps of that... perhaps I'll skip it and go to the next movie? It's way too kid centered so far... maybe I'll fast forward through a few eps to see if it improves, which I doubt if its targeting kids when it was released. Jack Black seems like a background character in this tv version so far.... ep 7... it isn't as 'dark' as the previous works.. being kid centered and targeted... very kid friendly, and young kids, not teens.

What do you define as 'proper subs'?

#42 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3887 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito is said, on Wikipedia, to have 40 minutes of new material out of 117 minute film.... so it should be worth it if you like it... which I did.... I really think that one has 'legs' and could do another season or two... I'm surprised it was so short... it's one of the best setups Key has done... dystopian/apocalyptic scenario... could be dealing with the whole issue of 'the ghost in the machine' affect... a sense of reality that their recent stuff hasn't had much of in their setups... oh well, that one might not show up for a while. Space Brothers film was pretty good if you like the series, the only thing missing is the inbetween period of them from jr high to high school and college.. where did the MC go off the tracks on that plan to go to space? His brother didn't waver it seems... and that is more interesting, which is why he is more interesting as the MC... that Planetarium thing of theirs was just promo mostly that was sent out to planetariums...nothing new... I didn't know they have a live-action film being released, seems a condensed version of the whole story so far.

I finished the first two seasons of Jack Black.. which were good, outside of the little girl that is never explained... but I started the tv series and it focuses on that girl and her friends etc... and the whole show is very different in tone and execution... made for kids of course.. not sure if I can watch many more eps of that... perhaps I'll skip it and go to the next movie? It's way too kid centered so far... maybe I'll fast forward through a few eps to see if it improves, which I doubt if its targeting kids when it was released. Jack Black seems like a background character in this tv version so far.... ep 7... it isn't as 'dark' as the previous works.. being kid centered and targeted... very kid friendly, and young kids, not teens.

What do you define as 'proper subs'?

I mean translated correctly and decent english grammar (or spanish), the 'subs' i tried for SB live'action were awful... but good to know that much new material in Planetarian, about BlackJack I think its recent Young series isn't kiddie at all :)
April fools day: Dragon Ball -a: Android #18, s: Goku & Vegeta
Posted Image Posted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 15 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Fut... - 10/10 A
2. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 - 10/10 (airing) B+
3. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - 9/10 (ong?) B
4. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 9/10 (airing) B
5. Sangatsu no Lion - 8/10 (ongoing?) C-
6. Masamune-kun no Revenge - 8/10 (ongoing?) A
7. Fuuka - 8/10 (ongoing?) B-
8. Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd season - 7/10 (airing) B+
9. Demi-chan wa Kataritai - 7/10 (ongoing?) A+