Photo

Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is your favorite from Rumiko Takahashi? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your favorite from Rumiko Takahashi?

1. Kyoukai no Rinne / Rin-ne (2009-ongoing) (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. InuYasha series (1996–2008) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Ranma ½ series (1987–96) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Maison Ikkoku series (1980–87) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Urusei Yatsura / Lum series (1978–87) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Ningyo Series / Mermaid Saga (1984–94) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Rumic Theater / R.T. Anthology (1987–ongoing) (0 votes [0.00%])

8. One-Pound Gospel (1987–2007) (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Warau Hyouteki / The Laughing Target (1983) (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Houno Tripper / Fire Tripper (1983) (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Maris the Chojo / Supergal (1980) (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Katte na Yatsura (1978) (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Unmei No Tori (2009) (0 votes [0.00%])

14. My Sweet Sunday (2009, collaboration) (0 votes [0.00%])

15. None of them / another of the works from R.T. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

user posted image user posted image
Title: RIN-NE of the Boundary (Circle of Reincarnation)
Japanese: 境界のRINNE (りんね)
Airing dates: 4/4/2015 (TV series 25 episodes) and 3/10/2009 (commercial)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Action, Supernatural, School, Shounen
Original creator: Rumiko Takahashi
Director: Seiki Sugawara
Written by: Michiko Yokote
Music by: Akimitsu Honma
Character designer: Kazuhiko Tamura
Art director: Yukihiro Shibutani
Sound director: Takeshi Takadera
Director of photography: Yorinobu Oda
Action animation director: Ryō Tanaka
Animation producer: Kazumitsu Ozawa
Color design by: Yūko Fukuda
Producers: Kōhei Kudō and Yūsuke Fujita
Executive producers: Atsuko Kashiwagi, Masahiro Nojima and Rui Sawaki
Studio: Brain's Base
Network: NHK-E
Opening theme: "Ōka Ranman (桜花爛漫 / Riot of Cherry Blossoms)" by KEYTALK
Ending theme: "Toki no Wa (トキノワ / The Ring of Time)" by Passepied
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
Main cast: Rinne Rokudō (六道 りんね) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa (TV) and Kōki Uchiyama (CM)
Sakura Mamiya (真宮 桜) voiced by Marina Inoue (TV) and Mariya Ise (CM)
Rokumon (六文) voiced by Hitomi Nabatame (TV) and Rie Kugimiya (CM)
Tamako (魂子) voiced by Satsuki Yukino (TV)
Sabato Rokudō (六道 鯖人) voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi (TV)
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
Tsubasa Jūmonji (十文字 翼) voiced by Ryōhei Kimura (TV)
Masato (魔狭人) voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara (TV)
Miho (ミホ) voiced by Sora Tokui (TV)
Rika (リカ) voiced by Aya Suzaki (TV)
Narration (ナレーション) by Tesshō Genda
Supporting cast: Ayame Sasaki (佐々木あやめ)
Oboro (朧)
Kain (架印)
Suzu (珠洲)
Renge (れんげ)
Ageha (鳳)
Official website:user posted image CM:user posted imagePV:user posted image

Synopsis:
High school student Sakura Mamiya began to see ghosts and ghouls after she was tricked into taking a trip to the otherworld as a child. However, cool and collected, she is not extremely phased when she finds out that her always-absent classmate Rinne Rokudō is actually working as a shinigami (god of death) on the side, helping lost spirits reach the wheel of reincarnation. Although he is a talented young man with shinigami blood in his veins, he is extremely poor, and is forced to rely on Sakura's assistance- monetary or otherwise- to solve many of his cases.

Necropinion: so unlike Re-kan this spring, Sakura isnt too friendly with spirits tongue.gif
July theme: Boku no Hero Academia - a: Mt. Lady, s: All Might
Posted ImagePosted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 20 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Knight's & Magic - 10/10 (airing) B-
2. Fate/Apocrypha - 10/10 (airing) B+
3. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - 9/10 (airing) B-
4. Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - 9/10 (ongoing?) B-
5. Eromanga-sensei - 9/10 (ongoing?) B
6. Shūmatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii... - 8/10 (og?) B+
7. Sakura Quest - 8/10 (airing) A
8. DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoria - 8/10 (ongoing?) B+
9. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 - 8/10 (ongoing?) C-
10. Dragon Ball Super - 7/10 (airing) A+
11. Rokudenashi Majutsu Kōshi... Akashic Records - 7/10 (o) B
12. Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 7/10 (airing) B
13. Berserk: Millennium Falcon arc - 7/10 (ongoing?) C-
14. Atom: The Beginning - 6/10 (airing) A
15. Alice to Zouroku - 6/10 (ongoing?) A+
16. Re:Creators - 6/10 (recap special) B-
17. Kyoukai no Rinne 3rd Series - 5/10 (airing) A
18. Renai Boukun - 5/10 (ongoing?) B
19. Little Witch Academia - 5/10 (ongoing?) A-
20. The [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijou - 4/10 (ong?) A-
* Guilty pleasure: Natsume Yuujinchou Roku - 4/10 (ong?) A+

#2 Knorris908

Knorris908

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:09 PM

For me this is looking like the love-child of RANMA 1/2 and NORIGAMI. Kudos to the team to actually devote an entire episode to developing the relationship between the main characters instead of just thrusting us into their adventures based on a wink and a nod to convince us that they have history and chemistry to trust each other to help (or in some cases, hinder) in difficult situations.

Now I have to see what their new melded world will take shape to look like. Does he help her with school bullies? Does she hold the key to averting the apocalypse? It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

By the way, kind of weird that they have a main character in the promo photo that is missing in the casting list. Did a cast member end up on the cutting room floor with Marketing being made aware of it? Not too often that I see that blatant an omission. (Girl in the pink sailor uniform with red ribbon and bow.)

Edited by Knorris908, 11 April 2015 - 10:09 PM.

Funny from Kono Suba and Yummy from Grimgar

user posted imageuser posted image

#3 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 11 2015, 05:09 PM)
By the way, kind of weird that they have a main character in the promo photo that is missing in the casting list.  Did a cast member end up on the cutting room floor with Marketing being made aware of it?  Not too often that I see that blatant an omission.
or maybe the official site will add Ageha as main later, well ep.2 wasn't so good with a rouge Reaper bunny foe... by the catkid i hope it'll be better tomorrow ;/ at least now, we know Sakura's 6th sense is fault of Rinne's granny~*ouch!* sleep.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

so in ep'4 as expected from Rumiko's works and old school humor, Rinne's rival in love and exorcism Jūmonji arrives... but after #5 i guess the series has more in common with Re-Kan than i thought, maybe Hanako keeps appearing there smile.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Misaka Imouto, to Hachikuji, soshite saigo wa Hachikuji!<br><br>*sound of sirens*<br><br>http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/streaklyern/lolimechibi_zps8e0c7404.gif<br><br>But seriously, interests? almost any anime and manga (and a few LN)<br><br>My favorites would range from stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, GaRei, Narue no Sekai, HiFuMi, Haruhi's Melancholy, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi, YuYu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter x Hunter, Hayate no Gotoku, Luck Stealer, To Aru, FMA, Nanoha/Puella, Akame ga Kiru, Molester man, Yume de aetara, Gantz, 7seeds, Saber Marionette, Maoyuu (-Kono watashi no mono toonare, yuusha yo. -Kotowaru!), Yuusha Gojo Kumiai (reminds me of an old forum i hanged in), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Hanako and the Allegory teller, Shakugan no Shana, SAO, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko, Karin, Aion, DNAngel, Angel Densetsu, Liar Game, Medaka, Shaman King, Campione, Fire Candy, Noblesse, Freezing, xxHolic, Samurai Flamenco, Slayers, Onepunch, Monstermusume, Centaur no Nayami, Unbalance x Unbalance, ZERO, Zero no Tsukaima, Sankarea, Franken Fran, I am Hiro, Ressentiment, and even shoujo stuff like Amnesia, Akuma to dolce, Karakuri Odette, MOMO Shuumatsu Teien e youkozo, Girl Saurus DX, Zettai Kareshi, Kare Kano, and Fushigi Yuugi (and more but my fingers would turn to white ashes if i had to writte all the shoujo manga, manhwa and normal manga i read).<br><br>Favorite authors are more or less in this order;<br><br>(HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Arakii, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better :( ) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Haruhi) Nagaru Tanigawa, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (Samidare, Sengoku Youko) Mizukami Satoshi, (ga rei) Segawa Hajime, (saint seiya) Masami Kurumada, (Chuunibyou) Torako (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei. And will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol<br><br>Lately i am extremely interested in a genre that is still not very well self defined but i think it might be the next "thing", the genre would be a setting were the characters are outside of highschool and working, like Servant Service, Denki-gai, or Bonnouji (or Asistant to mangakasan).<br><br>I think its a great genre that will come alive thanks to the decreasing birthrate in Japan and the increasing amount of old otakus. (paving way to "customers" more interested in dramas outside of highschool, i keep remembering too what a friend used to say "why the hell do all settings have to be in school :(" i dont really agree but i see his point now)<br><br>Aside from that (anime interests) I am a male gamer, i used to play a lot of Dota (w3 map) and LoL but stopped because it was getting quite ugly (like an addiction), i love shooters, morpgs, and any kind of single player game (any genre such as action fighting strategy or rpg, even simulation games, i used to like management games but that was when the only management games i knew were Sim City, Sim Hospital, Sim Theme Park, and Transport Tycoon, nowadays i dont like management games because they keep reminding me of how good the old retro ones were compared to the new ones, such as crusader kings etc). I also love the battle simulation games like Chivalry or JKA II, and i highly recommend trying Chivalry on Steam.<br><br>My favorite game series are Disgaea, Tales of, Xcom (although they botched the reboot), Warcraft, (Tactics/Battle) Ogre, FF (altough they keep botching it after lightning's games), SMT/persona, D&D inspired games like Baldur's Gate, as well as Shadowrun and similar series with boardgame-like rulesets or atmosphere, Shinobido, Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors, and GEB, and any Monhun-like games.<br><br>My favorite morpgs are Mu online, Ragnarok online (first one), Tera online, SMTI online (died in NA T_T), Aion, Silkroad online (f*****g botfest), and right now im looking forward to Merchants of Kaidan (looks yummy), which definitely isnt a mmorpg but would be cool if it had a multiplayer element like Shogun 2 has.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

@poll question

For a long time mine was ranma 1/2. Inuyasha and the rest are great, but ranma 1/2 simply has that thing that you can't quite name, its simply cool and funny all around, and the drama is not non-existant.

Now im not so sure, i think i might be liking Kyoukai no Rinne more, i think i will wait until i finish the anime to vote :3

Also the animation and opening and ending are great, its quite fun to finally see a proper adaptation of a series that deserves it (the opening might be a bit stiff and probably isn't a 10 out of 10 but its great nonetheless!) Hurray for Rumiko-sensei!
last update; JUNE 27 Street Meatballs messing with your cyberspace? call Viktor now for a permanent Iface upgrade! We will reconfig your dreck beyond evil!

#6 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Klyern @ May 13 2015, 1:42 PM)
im not so sure, i think i might be liking Kyoukai no Rinne more, i think i will wait until i finish the anime to vot
the most balanced for me if not best of her major works up to ep'7: not as nuts as Urusei, less predictable than Ranma... on drama or frustration below Ikkoku and Inuyasha, but we'll see after Rinne and his foe Masato go to hell (literally) wink.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Misaka Imouto, to Hachikuji, soshite saigo wa Hachikuji!<br><br>*sound of sirens*<br><br>http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/streaklyern/lolimechibi_zps8e0c7404.gif<br><br>But seriously, interests? almost any anime and manga (and a few LN)<br><br>My favorites would range from stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, GaRei, Narue no Sekai, HiFuMi, Haruhi's Melancholy, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi, YuYu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter x Hunter, Hayate no Gotoku, Luck Stealer, To Aru, FMA, Nanoha/Puella, Akame ga Kiru, Molester man, Yume de aetara, Gantz, 7seeds, Saber Marionette, Maoyuu (-Kono watashi no mono toonare, yuusha yo. -Kotowaru!), Yuusha Gojo Kumiai (reminds me of an old forum i hanged in), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Hanako and the Allegory teller, Shakugan no Shana, SAO, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko, Karin, Aion, DNAngel, Angel Densetsu, Liar Game, Medaka, Shaman King, Campione, Fire Candy, Noblesse, Freezing, xxHolic, Samurai Flamenco, Slayers, Onepunch, Monstermusume, Centaur no Nayami, Unbalance x Unbalance, ZERO, Zero no Tsukaima, Sankarea, Franken Fran, I am Hiro, Ressentiment, and even shoujo stuff like Amnesia, Akuma to dolce, Karakuri Odette, MOMO Shuumatsu Teien e youkozo, Girl Saurus DX, Zettai Kareshi, Kare Kano, and Fushigi Yuugi (and more but my fingers would turn to white ashes if i had to writte all the shoujo manga, manhwa and normal manga i read).<br><br>Favorite authors are more or less in this order;<br><br>(HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Arakii, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better :( ) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Haruhi) Nagaru Tanigawa, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (Samidare, Sengoku Youko) Mizukami Satoshi, (ga rei) Segawa Hajime, (saint seiya) Masami Kurumada, (Chuunibyou) Torako (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei. And will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol<br><br>Lately i am extremely interested in a genre that is still not very well self defined but i think it might be the next "thing", the genre would be a setting were the characters are outside of highschool and working, like Servant Service, Denki-gai, or Bonnouji (or Asistant to mangakasan).<br><br>I think its a great genre that will come alive thanks to the decreasing birthrate in Japan and the increasing amount of old otakus. (paving way to "customers" more interested in dramas outside of highschool, i keep remembering too what a friend used to say "why the hell do all settings have to be in school :(" i dont really agree but i see his point now)<br><br>Aside from that (anime interests) I am a male gamer, i used to play a lot of Dota (w3 map) and LoL but stopped because it was getting quite ugly (like an addiction), i love shooters, morpgs, and any kind of single player game (any genre such as action fighting strategy or rpg, even simulation games, i used to like management games but that was when the only management games i knew were Sim City, Sim Hospital, Sim Theme Park, and Transport Tycoon, nowadays i dont like management games because they keep reminding me of how good the old retro ones were compared to the new ones, such as crusader kings etc). I also love the battle simulation games like Chivalry or JKA II, and i highly recommend trying Chivalry on Steam.<br><br>My favorite game series are Disgaea, Tales of, Xcom (although they botched the reboot), Warcraft, (Tactics/Battle) Ogre, FF (altough they keep botching it after lightning's games), SMT/persona, D&D inspired games like Baldur's Gate, as well as Shadowrun and similar series with boardgame-like rulesets or atmosphere, Shinobido, Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors, and GEB, and any Monhun-like games.<br><br>My favorite morpgs are Mu online, Ragnarok online (first one), Tera online, SMTI online (died in NA T_T), Aion, Silkroad online (f*****g botfest), and right now im looking forward to Merchants of Kaidan (looks yummy), which definitely isnt a mmorpg but would be cool if it had a multiplayer element like Shogun 2 has.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 23 2015, 04:00 AM)
the most balanced for me if not best of her major works up to ep'7: not as nuts as Urusei, less predictable than Ranma... on drama or frustration below Ikkoku and Inuyasha, but we'll see after Rinne and his foe Masato go to hell (literally) wink.gif

Hey btw, is that really all the cast? with 25 episodes i was hoping we would get to see more of the manga's cast, but i guess i was naive? after all if that would happen, the introductions would eat into the entire anime cour.
last update; JUNE 27 Street Meatballs messing with your cyberspace? call Viktor now for a permanent Iface upgrade! We will reconfig your dreck beyond evil!

#8 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Klyern @ May 26 2015,5:04 PM)
with 25 episodes i was hoping we would get to see more of the manga's cast, but i guess i was naive? after all if that would happen, the introductions would eat into the entire anime cour.
Many others will show up judging by its OP and ep.9 preview, the Damashigami company of someone related to Rinne... that cinderella play was meh but funny to see him as maid, attacking like a magical girl so when 'Is it a Zombie S3? laugh.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

So far so good, with every episode the characters feel like they gain more depth bit by bit, Mamiya-san finding Rinne-kun inside the well with Ageha was just priceless, i think it was a good episode to release the new opening and ending, im liking the new ones a lot too.

#10 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 10 2015, 07:17 AM)
So far so good, with every episode the characters feel like they gain more depth bit by bit, Mamiya-san finding Rinne-kun inside the well with Ageha was just priceless, i think it was a good episode to release the new opening and ending, im liking the new ones a lot to
her arc was fun yet ep'16 not much for me about a yoyo spirit, but by Rumiko's love twists I think we'll see AgehaxJūmonji... also Masato is back and a new foe in last preview, i just dislike in 2nd OP and ED reused animation of first ones sleep.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 01 August 2015 - 02:00 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

ugh first time i felt bad for Ageha-sama being scammed, beaten in card games so much :/ 'sorry for treating you like an idiot'... damn Rokumon xD still great X'Mas for me ep'22 is the best yet, sadly this series will end soon (it's just a kotatsu) laugh.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 07 September 2015 - 07:00 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:00 AM

Rin-ne of the Boundary: Second series, more death and rebirth in a comical way
user posted image user posted image
QUOTE (Klyern @ May 26 2015, 4:04 PM)
btw, is that really all the cast?
with Ageha's cat in ep.1, a female one and another reaper girl will debut next biggrin.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 21 April 2016 - 01:00 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

Kyoukai no RINNE third season, becoming a long series like Ranma or Inuyasha?
rinne.jpg rinne.jpg

Kudos to the team to actually devote an entire episode to developing the relationship between the main characters instead of just thrusting us into their adventures based on a wink and a nod to convince us that they have history and chemistry to trust each other to help (or in some cases, hinder) in difficult situations.

Now I have to see what their new melded world will take shape to look like. Does he help her with school bullies? Does she hold the key to averting the apocalypse? It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

nah it's slice of life'ish up to ep.51, but kudos Brain's Base xD Reaper licenses :P
Posted ImagePosted Image