Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Sōma
Japanese: 食戟のソーマ
Airing date: 3/4/2015 (TV series)
Genres: Cooking, Comedy, School, Ecchi, Shounen
Original creator: Yūto Tsukuda
Original character designer: Shun Saeki
Director: Yoshitomo Yonetani
Written by: Shōgo Yasukawa
Music by: Tatsuya Katō
Character designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Studio: J.C.Staff
Network: MBS, TBS, CBC, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Kibō no Uta (希望の唄 / Song of Hope)" by ULTRATOWER
Ending theme: "Spice (スパイス)" by Tokyo Karan Koron
Main cast:
Sōma Yukihira (幸平 創真) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Erina Nakiri (薙切 えりな) voiced by Risa Taneda
Megumi Tadokoro (田所 恵) voiced by Minami Takahashi
Ikumi Mito (水戸 郁魅) voiced by Shizuka Ishigami
Takumi Aldini (タクミ・アルディーニ) voiced by Natsuki Hanae
Polar Star Dormitory: Satoshi Isshiki (一色 慧) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Ryōko Sakaki (榊 涼子) voiced by Ai Kayano
Yūki Yoshino (吉野 悠姫) voiced by Maaya Uchida
Shun Ibusaki (伊武崎 峻) voiced by Taishi Murata
Zenji Marui (丸井 善二) voiced by Yūsuke Kobayashi
Fumio Daimidō (大御堂 ふみ緒) voiced by Mari Yokō and Hitomi Nabatame (young)
Daigo Aoki (青木 大吾) voiced by Junichi Yanagita
Shōji Satō (佐藤 昭二) voiced by Kengo Kawanishi
Tōtsuki Culinary Academy: Jun Shiomi (汐見 潤)
Takao Miyazato (宮里 隆夫)
Senzaemon Nakiri (薙切 仙左衛門)
voiced by Banjō Ginga (also narration)
Roland Chapelle (ローラン・シャペル) voiced by Yū Mizushima
Other students: Etsuya Eizan (叡山 枝津也)
Alice Nakiri (薙切 アリス)
Ryō Kurokiba (黒木場 リョウ)
Kanichi Konishi (小西 寛一)
Yua Sasaki (佐々木 由愛)
Nao Sadatsuka (貞塚 ナオ)
Akira Hayama (葉山 アキラ)
Miyoko Hōjō (北条 美代子)
Subaru Mimasaka (美作 昴)
Mitsuru Sōtsuda (早津田みつる)

Isami Aldini (イサミ・アルディーニ) voiced by Yūki Ono
Urara Kawashima (川島 麗) voiced by Rina Hidaka
Hisako Arato (新戸 緋沙子) voiced by Saori Ōnishi
Alumni and former students: Fuyumi Mizuhara (水原 冬美)
Taki Tsunozaki (角崎 瀧)
Sonoka Kikuchi (木久知 園果)

Jōichirō Yukihira (幸平 城一郎) voiced by Rikiya Koyama
Gin Dōjima (堂島 銀) voiced by Takehito Koyasu
Kōjirō Shinomiya (四宮 小次郎) voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
Hinako Inui (乾 日向子) voiced by Mamiko Noto
Supporting cast: Yaeko Minegasaki voiced by Izumi Chiba
Mayumi Kurase (倉瀬 真由美) voiced by Ai Kakuma
Aki Koganei (小金井 アキ) voiced by Yukiyo Fujii

Official website: http://www.shokugekinosoma.com/

Synopsis: Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 28 2015, 05:28 PM)New Arslan Senki Anime? We met in a dungeon getting an anime? Shokugeki no Soma getting an anime?what the hell i just watched?! xD i must find out, if the next eps are as epic
laugh.gif

There's not much to say about this anime except...

LET THE FOODGASMS BEGIN~

Seriously. There's character drama but just about everything is punctuated by the random WTF of the author trying to depict the taste of good food through hilariously inappropriate physical overreactions.

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 04 2015, 12:45 AM)drama but just about everything is punctuated by the random WTF of the author trying to depict the taste of good food through hilariously inappropriate physical overreactions.surpasses what I pointed above after its title in only 2 eps, more graphic than a recent anime series Koufuku Graffiti... more dramatic too than this reality show MasterChef but overall, more hilarious than the liveaction film God of Cookery
smile.gif

And with this ep, we finally get to meet Megumi Tadokoro! I think she actually ends up being the best character in the manga, everyone else is a pretty big asshole, Souma included. (as you've doubtlessly noticed by now.)

I like how all the cast from the first year are shown in the audience during the speech.

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 17 2015, 08:27 PM)Megumi Tadokoro! I think she actually ends up being the best character in the manga, everyone else is a pretty big asshole, Souma included. (as you've doubtlessly noticed by now.)

I like how all the cast from the first year are shown in the audiencealso from the weirdos at Polar Star Dormitory in ep.4, she's the most normal so far ;p ok i thought their caretaker too... until she remembers herself as a horny hottie, I was laughing as well when the weirdest of them reveals he's an Elite
biggrin.gif

I love the manga and the anime, I think I mentioned sometime last year that I wished for it to get animated. I'm so glad it did and One-Man Punch is coming this Fall, man it's so awesome for stuff you want to see getting animated actually happening.

The latest episode, just left me reeling for more and yea to the Meat Master.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 17 2015, 8:27 PM)this ep, we finally get to meetdon't you mean meat this time? ;p Nikumi's obsession in ep'6, a meat lover like Sasha in Attack on Titan's 2nd OVA ^^... well I'm expecting more bounciness if Souma beats her tomorrow, both joining the club of Ashita no Joe's look alike
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 25 2015, 12:17 PM)has turned into just a fun shounen show that's easy for me to enjoy. It had a rocky start with some of it's poor choices for fan service, but it didn't take long to move the focus awaygettng great after Shinomiya's shokugeki vs Megumi, with Soma barely passing that breakfast buffet test in ep.14... now that their training camp is over I can't wait for the Authum Elections arc to start (nice Street Fighter parodies btw)
happy.gif

Shokugeki no Souma: The Second Plate, Foodgasmwar Autumn Election's finals!

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 04 2015, 12:45 AM)LET THE FOODGASMS BEGINAlice vs Soma xD fun s2 premiere, hopefully Megumi wins next but i doubt it
sleep.gif

Food Wars: The Third Plate,Elite Ten arc at last... hopefully longer than 1 cour

Norren said:
There's not much to say about this anime
*silence* ugh ;( still glad it continues, but you must see its new 0VA prior S3 ;)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back