Akame ga Kill!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: AKAME GA KIRU!
Japanese: アカメが斬る!
Airing date: 6/7/2014 (TV series 24 episodes)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Science Fantasy
Original creator and scenario director: Takahiro
Original character designer: Tetsuya Tashiro
Directors: Tomoki Kobayashi (TV) and Masafumi Tamura (ONA)
Written by: Makoto Uezu (TV) and Masafumi Tamura (ONA)
Music by: Taku Iwasaki
Character designer and animation directors: Kazuhisa Nakamura (TV) and Asami Watanabe (ONA)
Art director: Yoshito Takamine
Sound director: Hozumi Gōda
Director of photography: Keisuke Nakamura
3D modeling director: Hiroshi Souma
Color design by: Miyuki Satō
Editing by: Masahiro Gotō
Studios: White Fox (TV) and C-Station (ONA)
Network: Tokyo MX, MBS, BS11
Opening theme: "Skyreach" by Sora Amamiya
2nd OP theme: "Liar Mask" by Rika Mayama
Ending theme: "Konna Sekai, Shiritakunakatta. (こんな世界、知りたくなかった。This Kind of World, I Didn't Want to Know.)" by Miku Sawai
2nd ED theme: "Tsuki Akari (月灯り Moonlight)" by Sora Amamiya

Main cast: Tatsumi (タツミ) voiced by Sōma Saitō
Night Raid: Akame (アカメ) voiced by Sora Amamiya
Mine / Mein (マイン) voiced by Yukari Tamura
Leone (レオーネ) voiced by Yū Asakawa
Sheele / Schere (シェーレ) voiced by Mamiko Noto
Lubbock / Rabac (ラバック) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Bulat / Braht (ブラート) voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi

Najenda (ナジェンダ) voiced by Risa Mizuno
Supporting cast: Chelsea (チェルシー) voiced by Kaori Nazuka
Lightning Speed Susanō (電光石火 スサノオ) voiced by Shintarō Asanuma
Empire: Great General Budō (ブドー大将軍) voiced by Hozumi Gôda
Zank the Beheader (首斬りザンク) voiced by Satoshi Tsuruoka
Borick (ボリック)
Horimaka (ホリマカ)
Gozuki (ゴズキ)

General Esdeath / S-Death (エスデス将軍) voiced by Satomi Akesaka
Emperor (皇帝) voiced by Yō Taichi
Prime Minister Honest (オネスト大臣) voiced by Kōji Ishii
Three Beasts (三獣士): Liver (リヴァ) voiced by Jōji Nakata
Nyau (ニャウ) voiced by Hitomi Nabatame
Daidara (ダイダラ) voiced by Anri Katsu
Jaegers (イェーガーズ): Seryū Ubiquitous / Yubikitas (セリュー・ユビキタス) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Dr. Stylish (Dr.スタイリッシュ) voiced by Ken Narita
Wave (ウェイブ) voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya
Kurome (クロメ) voiced by Ayaka Ohashi
Bols (ボルス) voiced by Eiji Takemoto
Run (ラン) voiced by Junji Majima
Wild Hunt (ワイルドハント): Shura / Syura (シュラ) voiced by Ryohei Kimura
Champ (チャンプ)
Cosmina (コスミーナ)
Dorothea (ドロテア)
Enshin (エンシン)
Izou (イゾウ)

Four Rakshasa Demons of the Imperial Fist Temple (皇拳寺羅刹四鬼): Suzuka (スズカ) voiced by Eriko Matsui
Ibara (イバラ) voiced by Satoshi Hino
Shten (シュテン) voiced by Kenji Nomura
Mez (メズ) voiced by Aina Suzuki
Others: Maid (侍女) voiced by Rika Mayama
Sayo (サヨ) voiced by Mikako Komatsu
Ieyasu (イエヤス) voiced by Kōji Takahashi
Aria (アリア) voiced by Kanami Satō
Narration by: Tetsuo Gotō
TV series trailer: http://www.youtube.com/embed/sasgDq9jidk?autoplay=1&rel=0
TV series teaser: http://www.youtube.com/embed/nsqpjtceIZo?autoplay=1&rel=0
Official website: http://akame.tv/

Synopsis: In a fantasy world, fighter Tatsumi sets out for the Capitol to earn money for his starving village, and finds a world of unimaginable corruption, all spreading from the depraved Prime Minister who controls the child Emperor's ear. After nearly becoming a victim of this corruption himself, Tatsumi is recruited by Night Raid, a group of assassins dedicated to eliminating the corruption plaguing the Capitol by mercilessly killing those responsible.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jun 14 2014, 08:04 AM)QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 13 2014, 06:40 PM)A bunch of stuff I'm not sure about in this one.

My short list is SAO S2, Fate/Kaleid Zwei, and Akame ga Kiru, and hope I don't have to explain those. ;Pa lot of stuff i forgot to mention on ovas an movies (so much coming out that im interested in, in those formats)

But more importantly, AKAME GA KIRU?????? WHAT????? HOW COME I CANT SEE IT ON THE LIST T_T

Please Norren-dono, have mercy on my noobness and explain to me if we are getting an anime or ova of Akame ga Kiru, its so awesome but i cant see it anywhere T_T

doka oyurushi wo
sad.gif

edit: oh lol i had missed the second version, nice
biggrin.gif
i understood that we had bakemonogatari coming but i never expected to get Akame ^^ok usually I don't look forward to a new series before checking its first episode, aired officially or as pre-air but after watching the latest trailer i cant wait too
biggrin.gif

Akame ga kill! *After first episode* , So refreshing to have a simple bloody slashing anime with action, of course everything goes quickly and sometimes does not make any sense...At least every single little drama scene is followed by comedy that makes you forget it^^
It does have a lot to grow, but! that is why we got 23 more episodes of this!! Looking forward to it!

Warning: Don't look into the manga (It spoils a lot).
P.S. : is it me or does Akame really look a lot like : Shino Amakusa from Seitokai Yakuindomo^^?

A friend recommended this to me. Some parts are rough...tone is unbalanced and ending felt contrived but all in all im into it.

Felt 3 musketeer-ish except there are more than three.

I did like the one shot of a women being sliced in half. The composition of the shot really jarred me as it was quite abrupt.

Not sure whether I will stick with it all the way through but I'm happy to let this show grow on me if it can.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 07 2014, 07:51 PM)A friend recommended this to me. Some parts are rough...tone is unbalanced and ending felt contrived but all in all im into it.

I did like the one shot of a women being sliced in half. The composition of the shot really jarred me as it was quite abrupt.

Not sure whether I will stick with it all the way through but I'm happy to let this show grow on me if it can.
QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 06 2014, 12:04 PM)So refreshing to have a simple bloody slashing anime with action, of course everything goes quickly and sometimes does not make any sense...At least every single little drama scene is followed by comedy that makes you forget it^^
It does have a lot to grow, but! that is why we got 23 more episodes of this!! Looking forward to it!

P.S. : is it me or does Akame really look a lot like : Shino Amakusathat's why i'm liking this new series, specially as Tatsumi joins Night raid in ep'2
Upd8:AGK Theater spls-1-2-3-4-5-6-7, btw both look alike (SY* OVA subbed!)
wink.gif

First half of this ep, I was really bored. I'm not interested in this formula of learning about everybody's cliched past. Done to death a million times... i'm done with that.

But suddenly...the appearance of the minister breathed a menacing air into the show. The way he mocked the person sentenced to death...that he would take care of his 'beautiful wife' with a hungry look in his eye and drool around his mouth....superbly disgusting. Not only that...but the guy at the end has a splendid demented character design which put a fearful frown on my face.

This show shines when it gets serious for a moment...too bad much of it is covered in generic story crap that is a slog to sit through.

Even so... high hopes for the next episode.

That's the way this series goes, for the most part.

It weaves back and forth between sobstory and gruesome carnage and disgusting humanity fairly often. It makes you feel connected to characters, then does stuff to make your blood go cold, then the death battles where anyone can die start to happen. And then the cycle repeats. and repeats. and repeats.

If you liked the peak at the prime minister and the third eye assassin, you'll love the carnage arcs in general. (Especially when the psycho loli avatar of justice with the untranslatable name shows up in an episode or two.)

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 20 2014, 07:04 PM)First half of this ep, I was really bored. I'm not interested in this formula of learning about everybody's cliched past. Done to death a million times... i'm done with that.

This show shines when it gets serious for a moment...too bad much of it is covered in generic story crap that is a slog to sit through.
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 22 2014, 12:59 AM)If you liked the peak at the prime minister and the third eye assassin, you'll love the carnage arcs in genunlike previous episodes i must say #4 wasnt boring at all, except music which didn't really fit in Zank's battle scenes... by the preview i guess his Spected will be used by Tatsumi, the Imperial Arms remind me Crime Edge's Killing goods
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 27 2014, 01:07 PM) unlike previous episodes i must say #4 wasnt boring at all, except music which didn't really fit in Zank's battle scenes... by the preview i guess his Spected will be used by Tatsumi, the Imperial Arms remind me Crime Edge's Killing goods
tongue.gif

Yeah it was good, the best ep so far... and that tantalising peek at Akame's twisted love was intriguing to say the least.

Too bad the next ep looks like the same ol' same ol'...

Next week's ep will have a few twists. It looks like it's mostly Schere's backstory, but we should also get introduced to the psycho Loli avatar of Justice with the untranslatable name, and her little teigu, too. If they don't spend too much time on Schere's story, it should transition into some good combat scenes.
ohmy.gif
(Probably end on a cliffhanger.
dry.gif
)

As for this episode... They've finally revealed the base rule for Teigu/imperial arms. That rule keeps being put to the test and proving true.

Also, yay for a preview of Kurome!

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 27 2014, 06:46 PM)Yeah it was good, the best ep so far... and that tantalising peek at Akame's twisted love was intriguing to say the least.

Too bad the next ep looks like the same ol' same
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 27 2014, 08:50 PM)Next week's ep will have a few twists. It looks like it's mostly Schere's backstory, but we should also get introduced to the psycho Loli avatar of Justice with the untranslatable name, and her little teigu, too. If they don't spend too much time on Schere's story it should transition into some good combat scenes.
ohmy.gif
(Probably end on a cliffhanger.
dry.gif
)ep.5 wasn't so bad focused on that clumsy megane air-head, with flashbacks of her killing that boyfriend of her friend... and his friends too o_O also she helped Tatsumi to get over Sayo and Ieyasu's death, can't wait to see more S-Death
ohmy.gif

Yay, Esdeath, Seryu, and Koro! We're finally starting to get to the actual plot!

In almost any other manga, Seryu would be main character material. In this one...
rolleyes.gif
Let's just say this ep is the most flattering coverage she'll get as a character. (Seryu's name has been romanized at least 8 different ways so far in various scanlations, so I figured I'd wait and see what the CR default was before using it.) That pile of bodies in the flashback is such a contrast to how happily she tells it.

Point of trivia, Koro (Hecatonchires) was the last page we got to see in the Teigu catalog that Tatsumi was reading this episode. Really nice foreshadowing, there.
laugh.gif
(Notice it's actually bigger than a person there? It's actually a shackled danger beast.)

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 22 2014, 12:59 AM)It weaves back and forth between sobstory and gruesome carnage and disgusting humanity fairly often. It makes you feel connected to characters, then does stuff to make your blood go cold, then the death battles where anyone can die start to happen.FU**! that damn yangire and her Snoopy monster in ep'6, then who'll wield the panda scissors? somebody like Ryuko I guess... now that S-desu (i'm Sadistic?) arrived telling by the preview, i guess next arc will be about the Three Beasts
ohmy.gif

Well now this episode made me pay attention and just like that this series has jumped up in my estimation.

Now death for sake of death is no good. Quite a few shows these days think they can be cool and edgy if they just kill off people. But AGK pertains to assassins. And assassins die quite frequently and arbitrarily...it is in line with their business so the context is very natural and makes narrative sense.

I didnt really think much of Tatsumi's friends that died but maybe I should have paid more attention. The intent was to show the capital is a dangerous place from the get go. Even so I still had that disengaged filter that no matter what mortal danger Tatsumi and his gang faced, everything would be alright on the night. It's television afterall.

Needless to say, I didnt buy Tatsumi's grief over Sheele's death. The development of that relationship was as shallow as a puddle since it was only was given 1 ep. However, the Night Raid's reaction was much more palpable. They had a muted  sense of grief because they understand the reality of their job they do. And I can fully get behind Mine's thirst for revenge as oppose to Tatsumi.

There comes a point where an anime or any series must decide whether it is going to capitalise on its world/premise and characters or if it is just going languish in its own milieu. I feel the latter happens to many animes these day... but I will be interested to see how far AGK will push its boundaries.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Aug 10 2014, 02:13 PM)a few shows these days think they can be cool and edgy if they just kill off people. But AGK pertains to assassins. And assassins die quite frequently and arbitrarily...it is in line with their business so the context is very natural and makes narrative sense.also i'm glad to see this series doesn't delay deaths yet, unlike adaptations that let their characters stay alive longer... maybe because in the original story they didnt appear much, so by ep.7 and its preview most likely Bulat will die next
sleep.gif

The first episode was sensational. I'll update again once I've caught up. The OP and ED are both pretty decent too, not the best of the season though.

I've caught up with this awesome series, this is definitely in my top 5 of this season. The seiyuu choices are spot-on for me and the pacing of this anime makes it that much more enjoyable with it not meandering at any point during the story compared to other series.

The OP and ED sort of capture the feel of the story, which is a plus but I only watched the OP and ED animation once and since then I skip it.

Liver-blow!!
wink.gif

more like Liver's deadly blow :/ so i was right in ep'8 but at this pace, from 'the main' cast I wonder who'll survive ;(... the most obvious would be its prota guy Tatsumi or Akame by her title, after the 3 Beasts i think all Jaegers will debut
ohmy.gif

Well gees...wtf is wrong with this show. I'm just trying to chill out and have a lazy Sunday afternoon. I am passively watching and each time it is forcing me to pay attention and engage.

This is becoming a blood bath. I never signed up for this.

I mentioned the most interesting about thing AGK is how it subverting my expectations. Even the bubblegum aesthetics feels like a deliberate choice to lull you into a false sense of security.

Will Tatsumi stop being useless now? I would have preferred if he gained his own imperial arms.

And at the end another freak comes out of the woodworks and I roll my eyes in resignation to the horrors sure to befall. What carnage is Kurome going to do now?

I need to stop watching this show like i'm watching a slice of life.

Oh this show will definitely continue to be a raging bloodbath that's for sure.

I hope this anime will cover up to Chapter 43, it's a good arc that will set up a 2nd season pretty well.

I reckon they will also adapt Akame ga Kill Zero as an anime much like the Magi spin-off prequel that covers Sinbad's younger years.

EDIT #1:

The manga is an awesome read but damn it's really tough lately because you just don't know who's gonna die next and lately all the fore-shadowing has been really intense.....like very page of a chapter somehow feels like it's raising a death flag.....it's so not good for your heart.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Aug 28 2014, 03:21 PM) Oh this show will definitely continue to be a raging bloodbath that's for sure.

The manga is an awesome read but damn it's really tough lately because you just don't know who's gonna die next and lately all the fore-shadowing has been really intense.....like very page of a chapter somehow feels like it's raising a death flag.....it's so not good for your heart.
laugh.gif

Yeah, it's a bit like someone took a box of death flags and gave them to the entire cast - good guys and bad guys and bad guys and neutralish badguys- and asked them all to wave at least five each.

And I love it so for it.
laugh.gif

It isn't often I enjoy meatgrinders, but this one is different and the One shall stand, one shall fall rule of Teigu keeps it from turning into your standard defeat = friendship shounen you'd expect from the style.

Although, in a twisted way, that trope is Kurome's teigu.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back