Rail Wars!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: RAIL WARS! -Japanese National Railways-
Japanese: レールウォーズ -日本國有鉄道公安隊-
Airing date: 3/7/2014 (TV series pre-air 6/6/2014)
Genres: Action, Comedy, Harem?
Original creator: Takumi Toyoda
Original character designer: Vania 600
Director: Yoshifumi Matsuda
Written by: Masashi Suzuki
Music by: Yoshimasa Fujisawa
Character designers and chief animation directors: Makoto Uno and Sayaka Koiso
Art director: Yukihiro Watanabe
CGI director: Yuushi Koshida (Orange)
Art setting by: Hiroki Matsumoto
Color design by: Hitomi Sano
Studio: Passione
Network: TBS, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Mukai Kaze ni Utarenagara" (向かい風に打たれながら) by Minori Chihara
Ending theme: "OVERDRIVER" by ZAQ
Character song (Noa Kashima): "Borderless Journey" by Minori Chihara

Main cast: Naoto Takayama (高山 直人) voiced by Jun Fukuyama
Aoi Sakurai (桜井 あおい) voiced by Manami Numakura
Haruka Kōmi (小海 はるか) voiced by Maaya Uchida
Shō Iwaizumi (岩泉 翔) voiced by Satoshi Hino

Supporting cast: Mari Sasshō (札沼 まり) voiced by Hiromi Igarashi
Hitomi Gonō (五能 瞳) voiced by Mai Nakahara
Nana Iida (飯田 奈々) voiced by Yui Horie
Noa Kashima (鹿島乃亜) voiced by Minori Chihara
Bernina (ベルニナ) voiced by Hiromi Konno

Official sites:

Synopsis: The "dream railway paradise entertainment" story is set in a parallel world where Japan did not privatize its national railways. Naohito Takayama is an ordinary high school boy who dreams of a comfortable future working for the top-rated Japanese National Railways. He is assigned as a trainee in the Railways Security Force full of odd characters such as Sakurai, a troublemaker who hates men. On top of that, an extremist group called "RJ" plots to privatize the Japanese National Railways.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 13 2014, 06:40 PM)I'm going to check out Rail Wars! because I think the LN character designer is one of the people I follow on pixiv... I recognize the characters and recall all of his art of them had publisher copyrights stamped all over every corner of the images.

I prefered its preair over Sabagebu's, which reminds me to a series I dropped... btw is it just me, or the bouncy girl acts and looks like Kotori from Brynhildr?
sleep.gif

Actually, I think both Kotori and Haruka share a "Common ancestor", because I remember thinking Kotori looked like another character. But yeah, they highly resemble each other.

The first ep was interesting, at least. Sakurai is amusing, the main character's your classic blank slate vanilla protagonist typical of LN adaptation works, and the group's idiot bruiser is probably nothing more than that. The Computer visuals are very good, and the characters are generally good, with a few "odd" scenes where they were just struggling. (Haruka on a ladder. I mean, come on. what the hell was with that mixed perspective. Sakurai should shoot whoever keyframed that scene.)

I'm not really sure what to expect out of this one. I'm curious to see where it goes with this whole privatization story. The only thing I figure I should expect at this point is that Haruka has past history with Naoto.

The OP is nice, the ED somehow feels like it would be more at home in Eyeshield 21.

And evidently I was right about the original character designer, when I saw "vania600" on your post I went and dug through my pixiv bookmarks and found his account:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=106414
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mod...ust_id=23643726
I would've romanized his name Vernier 600, but I might be seeing a loanword where there isn't one.

Well seeing the first episode of this series I kind of have to say that this might end up being a rather interesting train anime here. Pretty much I think they are going to do some technical lingo for the trains throughout this series, but it feels like there is going to be more then just that.

So for the next episode it looks like the group is going to be finally on the job for once. Although, it felt like they did rush the whole training session here if you ask me.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 05 2014, 03:49 AM)The first ep was interesting, at least. Sakurai is amusing, the main character's your classic blank slate vanilla protagonist typical of LN adaptation works, and the group's idiot bruiser is probably nothing more than that. The Computer visuals are very good, and the characters are generally good, with a few "odd" scenes where they were just struggling. (Haruka on a ladder. I mean, come on. what the hell was with that mixed perspective. Sakurai should shoot whoever keyframed that scene.)

I'm not really sure what to expect out of this one. I'm curious to see where it goes with this whole privatization story. The only thing I figure I should expect at this point is that Haruka has past history with Naoto.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 07 2014, 10:50 AM)seeing the first episode of this series I kind of have to say that this might end up being a rather interesting train anime here. Pretty much I think they are going to do some technical lingo for the trains throughout this series, but it feels like there is going to be more then just that.

So for the next episode it looks like the group is going to be finally on the job for once. Although, it felt like they did rush the whole training sessionyup at first the main cast felt a bit dull but they don't bother me, what specially hooked me was its plot and train info... i didn't mind the rush on school scenes, ep'2 was better with terrorist attacks o.0 how much amusing Sakurai can be!?
tongue.gif

I honestly find this anime to be good in romantic comedy (not the over the top kind thank god) and action.QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 07 2014, 09:50 AM)it felt like they did rush the whole training session here if you ask me. I can't agree more on that part.
First episode was nice, but it felt like there was something missing (guessing the quote) Anyway, second episode was better, I think this is going to be a good entertaining anime, so far it has been that and... Looking forward to the rest^^.

QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 11 2014, 03:18 AM) I honestly find this anime to be good in romantic comedy (not the over the top kind thank god) and action. I can't agree more on that part.
First episode was nice, but it felt like there was something missing (guessing the quote) Anyway, second episode was better, I think this is going to be a good entertaining anime, so far it has been that and... Looking forward to the rest^^.
Yeah, after the over the top up to 11^2 insanity that is Nisekoi, we need some tame romcoms again.

Ep 2 was nicely done, I especially liked how smoothly they worked in the dog carrier from last episode and the source of liquid nitrogen both. Sakurai is turning out quite interesting. I suspect she has daddy issues- I'm inclined to think the awesome dad that taught her how to disarm bombs and shoot
rolleyes.gif
made a promise then divorced her mom. (Maybe that's an upcoming subplot? Her dad could be an active/retired member of the division she was trying to get into.)

More subtle animation goofs this episode. Characters disappearing in the same scene from different perspectives, mouths not moving in scenes, variable size anatomy, etc.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Jul 17 2014, 02:34 PM)FIRST: Hi guys! Been a while. Hope that you are all doing well.

Rail Wars! - This rounds-out my top 5 picks for the season. Meek, yet darkly-determined main protagonist. Hot redhead with an even hotter temper, Busty, cheerful, seemingly-rich ojousama type, and tall, stoic super-physical straight-man adding the ultra-male dynamic to the group. I imagine him being the type to say things like "...is what it means to be a MAN!" whenever he can, kind of like Elfman does in Fairy Tail.
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 12 2014, 05:17 AM)Yeah, after the over the top up to 11^2 insanity that is Nisekoi, we need some tame romcoms again.

More subtle animation goofs this episode. Characters disappearing in the same scene from different perspectives, mouths not moving in scenes, etc.welcome back Knorris! glad I didn't finish Nisekoi ;p for me ep.2's most evident error, the suddenly blank posters @7:20! xD... I bet studio Passione is still new but i agree its CG are great, also ep.3 introducing the sound expert maid Mari
smile.gif

smile.gif
This series actually is fun
smile.gif
. The story itself seems to hint on something large going to happen (like the privatization which we know about..that was a real spoiler
sad.gif
). Still it can be fun to see it develop. The characters are somewhat plain and need more depth. However some characters like Haruka let on that they do have more background than we think to see. I hope this series can keep it up
smile.gif

hope so too! I enjoyed #4 despite it has more fanservice than usual, it's both a mandatory swimsuit and onsen episode... still i'm liking Iida more voiced by my favorite Yui Horie, its idol Noa's seiyuu sings the OP so Takayama's harem+2
tongue.gif

I'm kind of impressed at the tactfulness in the fanservice ep after that awful ladder skirt peak in the first ep.
blink.gif
That moment in the tent with Iida reaching down and saving Takayama in a realistic way was a really nice change of pace considering the normal scream filled way those sort of scenes usually play out.
biggrin.gif

For that matter, Iida really was at the top of her game this entire episode. That Ad Libbing on stage near the end was too smooth.
cool.gif

So this episode pretty much went down the whole obligatory fanservice episode here. Wasn't expecting it to have a beach changing portion along with the whole onsen deal as well here.

Aside from that I'm still enjoying how they are doing their duty to ensure the safety of their customers.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 25 2014, 03:16 AM)Wasn't expecting it to have a beach changing portion along with the whole onsen deal as well here.

Aside from that I'm still enjoying how they are doing their duty to ensure the safety
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 25 2014, 03:16 AM)I'm kind of impressed at the tactfulness in the fanservice ep after that awful ladder skirt peak in the first ep.
blink.gif
That moment in the tent with Iida reaching down and saving Takayama in a realistic way was a really nice change of pace considering the normal scream filled way those sort of scenes usually play out.
biggrin.gif
xD the fanservice tactfulness continues in #5 with tsundere Sakurai training, or rather forcing Takayama to shoot better... specially in Gotcha 'hitting the mark' below her skirt, with his gun ¬¬ lol at the "trainwreck" caused by her oppai
laugh.gif

I don't know why but I am liking this show, but for some reason it feels like they are actively trying to throw a lot of fanservice in my face as of late here.
laugh.gif

i agree despite facepalms like 'killer' cats and pervy thieves in ep'6, or Haruka's ep.1 bounciness (didn't she wear bra?)... well Norren was right on her past and ep'7 has less fanservice, but more training (pun intended) ;p also Noa is back
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• railwars.png
    railwars.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 153
hm because Nyaa was down lately? then use their magnet links instead, they're subbing its eps a few days later... ok i liked ep.11 ending that arc of trap prince Bernina, harem+1 but its synopsis is a lie telling by the finale tomorrow (S2?)
ohmy.gif

I just started...knowing fully well that the last episode has already aired. I don't know why I waited, this is a delight to watch so far, okay I've only seen the first episode but it's good so far.

I actually wanted to post about how the ED starts off really "whack"....yes, I've noticed that I'm using the word "whack" more often these days.
tongue.gif

EDIT #1:

Watched episode 02, this series is a lot of fun. Cheered me up pretty well.
biggrin.gif

despite the RJ group didnt appear even in cliffhangers (OVA maybe?), i enjoyed to see most Iida fixing a train with Takayama... until the end none of his harem is interested on Iwaizumi, looks like he loves food more than girls after all
huh.gif

So umm I guess Noa will just go into obscurity, I doubt she appears again as someone important...maybe a cameo in a future episode.

I do enjoy this harem series, I mean almost all the girls are fawning over the MC.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Sep 19 2014, 02:45 PM) So umm I guess Noa will just go into obscurity, I doubt she appears again as someone important...maybe a cameo in a future episode.

I do enjoy this harem series, I mean almost all the girls are fawning over the MC.
I stopped watching halfway through on this show, but I think Noa will be the only reason I go back to finish the second half. I know she doesn't come back for the entire 2nd half (probably just an episode), but she's easily the best looking character in the show.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back