Fall Season 2013 Line-Up

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Update: version 3.0 o_O
QUOTE (julezia @ Aug 01 2013, 04:33 PM)I don't know what else will be good from this list, so I'd like to hear some recommendations
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 01 2013, 01:19 PM)Only thing I'm sorely disappointed by is the lack of JoJo S2.yeah me too -.- who knows if David Productions will animate further than JBA Part 3: Stardust Crusaders because there are OVA series based from that arc btw, as you guys already chose your sigs about Rozen Maiden and Monogatari s2 i just changed my Shingeki theme for Blood Lad this month (my top 5 incl Yamato)...
- as for recommendations my must see: 1. Golden Time (looks promising) :3
2. Log Horizon (premise similar to Sword Art Online) ;D
- hopefully better than previous seasons: 3. Hajime no Ippo Rising (finally back)
4. Lupin III Princess of the Breeze ~Kakusareta Kuuchuu Toshi~ (a new special)
- could be good telling by their studios: 5. KILL la KILL (Trigger)
6. Coppelion (GoHands)
- not expecting much: 7. Miss Monochrome (virtual idol created by Yui Horie) ;p
8. Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (my new idol pro-wrestling guilty pleasure)

- OVA/films from high to low expectation: 1. GitS Arise border:2 Ghost whispers
2. Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin (awaited final film & epilogue of the series) ^^
3. Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica Shinpen Hangyaku no Monogatari (not a recap!)
4. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya OVA (also an special in each BR/DVD, 5 total) ;/
5. Chihayafuru (let's see if Chihaya makes up her mind between Taichi or Arata)
6. Oregairu (same as above but this time is Hiki for Ice Queen or Fails@cookies)
7. Sakasaka no Patema (finally the short series film from Time of Eve's director)
8. Kissxsis OVA 9 (still ongoing but I'm not complaining, + Kiryu-sensei please!)
9. Captain Harlock (CG? not expecting much :/ director James Cameron liked it)
and as plus... Kick-Heart

Imagine-Nation review: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/...13_archive.html
Synopsis: Kick-Heart is a love story between Romeo, a successful pro-wrestler, and Juliet, a nun who lives a secret double-life as a female pro-wrestler. Romeo’s secret is that he enjoys taking a beating in the ring, while Juliet feels invigorated when facing her opponents as a wrestler. When the two meet in the ring, the fireworks fly. Their story is set in the colorful backdrop of the professional wrestling world. Will Juliet reveal her true identity to the one she loves? Will Romeo be able to share his secret to the world?

Pretty much this:

ibpnru1wwuvbln.jpg

Too much awesome, can't talk. Will be back with preliminary plans list a bit later.

Only thing I'm sorely disappointed by is the lack of JoJo S2.

Hmm Giving it a quick look, I would say that the only animes I will end up watching this fall is IS Infinite Stratos 2 and Golden Time. :3

Huh, Unbreakable machine doll is getting an anime? That should be cool.

Hmmm I don't know, not a lot is standing out to me right now. Maybe because I am unfamiliar with a majority of them.

I will watch Magi 2 for sure, Valvrave 2 (why not), Kuroko Basket 2 (finishing season 1 now)

Will try for sure: Kill la Kill, Golden Time...

I don't know what else will be good from this list, so I'd like to hear some recommendations

Okay first pined this topic foryou.

From the looks of it the Fall season seems rather slim for me at this moment. so far only 3 second season are on my list and they happen to be IS, Freezing, and Magi.

From the looks of things not that much elese to pick from, but I may give a few of them a crack at.
tongue.gif

Got a couple I'll look out for, Blazblue, Yozakora Quartet, Valvrave 2, Kill la Kill, and as super guilty pleasure, ie why am i doing this, Infinite Stratos 2.

Having looked at it some more, I'm not sure what all I'll watch this fall. I'm still sort of in a state of fall behind and catch up on this season, and I'm having a hard time thinking that far ahead.
tongue.gif

Magi S2 and Kikou shoujo are the only "definite watches" for me, but there's a handful of things I figure I'll sample. Toaru hikuushi e no koiuta strikes me as interesting from the synopsis, but I don't expect much from it.
dry.gif
IS getting another season reminds me the first season is still on my "watch eventually" list. Freezing... how did THAT get another season?
blink.gif
Outbreak company is also on that list of things to sample- I'm expecting a wrong-genre-savvy idiot hero of the worst sort, but I'm also thinking it might scratch the "parallel magic world!" itch that the failure that was Arata Kangatari left me with.

I am looking forward to the Oregairu OVA. And I'm kind of fuzzy on it, but I think someone mentioned looking forward to Sakasama no Patema a while back, so I'll probably check that out.

Why has Gundam become Medabots?
sad.gif

I watched IS, found it ok enough to watch the second season. Machine doll was a manga that's on my to read list so ill probably try watching the anime.

Well, I don't KNOW for sure, but here are the things that LOOK cool, and I will probably at least try to watch (in no particular order):

New titles:

Samurai Flamenco - I miss a good action flick;
Kill la Kill - interesting art style;
Yozakura Quartet - hopefully they manage to make it less crappy than last time, since the premise itself was pretty good;
Copellion - looks very interesting (as long as it's not some sort of veiled K-On clone);
Toaru... Koiuta - at least for the art and setting. Also, light novel base is always promising (more so than manga base);
BlazBlue - I suspect it'll suck just like most game spinoffs. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Also, shame it's not done by Gonzo.
Pupa - dat premise.

Sequels:

Magi - didn't exactly finish strong last season, but still nice to have a long-running shounen to watch that comes out during the week rather than on weekends;
White Album - last season was depressing as hell, but pretty darn good;
Valvrave - for "teh lulz" only, probably marathoned at the end rather than weekly attention.

OVA/Movie:

Captain Harlock - if anything, just for the space 'splosions;
Kara no Kyoukai - will check it out just to confirm the "fan" status, lol;
Arise: GitS - duh. Plus the first one was awesome;
Madoka Movie 3 - been a while since the series release, but will see if they pull off anything decent with this one;
Patema - I'm a sucker for dystopian/post-apoc movies. Plus getting some Tsutomu Nihei vibes from the art;
Persona 3 movie - if I'm bored.

So yeah, this is A LOT to try by my standards, although the kicker is that there's very little info for most of these, so hard to tell if they'll be any good. Still, something to look forward to - unlike the last few seasons where I basically managed to squeeze out 2-3 shows worth watching, and one of them is the forever ongoing Hunter x Hunter, lol.

P.S. I don't get why people watch IS. I seriously don't
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 02 2013, 04:51 AM) Yozakura Quartet - hopefully they manage to make it less crappy than last time, since the premise itself was pretty good;
I have hopes for it since the OVA series was pretty good, and visually it at least seems to be following that over the first tv series.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Aug 02 2013, 08:13 AM) I have hopes for it since the OVA series was pretty good, and visually it at least seems to be following that over the first tv series.
Well, frankly the original series was pretty good visually (acceptable at least), it's just a question of how they handle the story.

Was the OVA not related to the series?

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 02 2013, 09:26 AM) Well, frankly the original series was pretty good visually (acceptable at least), it's just a question of how they handle the story.

Was the OVA not related to the series?
It was just a different story, unrelated to Enjin. It's main antagonist is a demon hunter/necromancer named Zakuro.

But it also has this scene in I believe the 2nd OVA, that I can just watch over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSeRAVcP1wc

QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 02 2013, 02:39 PM) So apart from VVV S2, its yet another season with pretty much nothing interesting? Oh well.
dry.gif

Considering how particular your tastes and anime-choosing habits are, I'd be more surprised if you actually found the season interesting
laugh.gif

And what's VVV?

So far these ones got me interested:
Hana no Uta, Outbreak Company, Coppelion, Golden Time, Non non Byouri, Diabolik Lovers, Aoki Hagane and Ore no Nounai......

Not gonna watch any of the sequels yet since I haven't watched Magi and the others I won't even bother to watch 'cause they're not my kind of anime
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 02 2013, 02:51 AM)
P.S. I don't get why people watch IS. I seriously don't
unsure.gif

Well that's because it's a goo...no that's not it. We watch it because it's ....
unsure.gif

Actually I'm not quite sure why I want to watch it. Season 1 was.....forgetable.
I think I'm just in the mood for some powered armor type shows and there are none other.
sad.gif

^Well, there's Valvrave. It's also kinda bad, but it's hilariously bad
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 04 2013, 09:30 AM) ^Well, there's Valvrave. It's also kinda bad, but it's hilariously bad
laugh.gif

Hilariously bad may be a positive, but the narcissistic "look at me!" social media inclusion swings it so far the other way to the frustrating bad. I hope so much that they don't include that garbage next season. I'll watch it for the mecha, loathe it for that bit of content.

Eh, you have a point there to an extent, though can't say it bothered me so much. The school setting in animes like these usually ranges from cringingly horrible to laughably bad, so here it sort of fit into the nonsensical nature of the anime as a whole.

Also kind of worked as a tribute to Macross and/or Gundam Seed.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back