Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! Sekka no Chikai

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite girl from the Fate/ universe?

• Illyasviel von Einzbern / Illya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rin Tohsaka / Kaleido-Ruby

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Miyu Edelfelt

• Luviagelita Edelfelt

• Saber / Arturia Pendragon

• Sakura Matou

• Rider / Medusa

• Caster / Medea

• Taiga Fujimura / Tiger-sensei

• Bazett Fraga McRemitz

• Caren Ortensia

• Irisviel von Einzbern

• Sola-Ui Nuaba-Re Sophia-Ri

• Red Saber / Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus

• None of them - another character from Fate/

• Total voters

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Titles: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA & Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA★ILLYA 2wei!
Japanese: Fate/kaleid liner プリズマ☆イリヤ & Fate/kaleid liner プリズマ★イリヤ ツヴァイ!
Airing date: 12/7/2013 (TV series, 10 episodes + OVA + 5 specials)
2wei airing date: July 2014 (second season)
Genres: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Magical girl
Original creator: Type-Moon and Hiroshi Hiroyama (aka KALMIA)
Directors: Shin Ōnuma, Takashi Sakamoto (S1) and Masato Jinbo (S2)
Written by: Kenji Inoue and Hazuki Minase
Music by: Tatsuya Katō
Character designer: Nozomi Ushijima
Artistic director: Ken Tateishi
Edition: Kentarō Tsubone
Planification: Takeshi Yasuda
Sound director: Masanori Tsuchiya
Sound production: Dax Production
Animation producer: Hayato Kaneko
Producers: Ai Matsuki and Jun’ichiro Tamura
Executives: Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Tetsuya Dobashi, Nobukazu Kumagai, Tetsu Hirata & Masahiro Kiba
Music producers: Shigeru Saito and Terunari Yoshie
Music production: Lantis
Studio: Silver Link
Network: Tokyo MX
Opening theme: "Starlog" by ChouCho
Ending theme: "Prism Sympathy" by StylipS
Main cast: Illyasviel von Einzbern (イリヤスフィール・フォン・アインツベルン) voiced by Mai Kadowaki
Miyu Edelfelt (美遊・エーデルフェルト) voiced by Kaori Nazuka
Rin Tohsaka (遠坂 凛http://anime.prisma-illya.jp/1st/character/img/detail_rin_face.png) voiced by Kana Ueda
Luviagelita Edelfelt (ルヴィアゼリッタ・エーデルフェルト) voiced by Shizuka Itō
Magical Ruby (マジカルルビー) voiced by Naoko Takano
Magical Sapphire (マジカルサファイア) voiced by Miyu Matsuki
Kuroe von Einzbern (クロエ・フォン・アインツベルン) voiced by Chiwa Saitō
Shirō Emiya (衛宮 士郎) voiced by Noriaki Sugiyama
Sella (セラ) voiced by Haruhi Terada
Leysritt (リーゼリット) voiced by Miho Miyagawa
Taiga Fujimura (藤村 大河) voiced by Miki Itou
Nanaki Moriyama (森山 那奈亀) voiced by Mariya Ise
Tatsuko Gakumazawa (嶽間沢 龍子) voiced by Emiri Katō
Suzuhana Kurihara (栗原 雀花) voiced by Kanae Itō
Mimi Katsura (桂 美々) voiced by Satomi Satō
Saber Alter / Arturia Pendragon (セイバー) voiced by Ayako Kawasumi
Rider / Medusa (ライダー) voiced by Yuu Asakawa
Caster / Medea (キャスター) voiced by Atsuko Tanaka
Berserker / Heracles (バーサーカー) voiced by Tadahisa Saizen
Hassan-i-Sabah / Assassin (アサシン) voiced by Takuo Kawamura
Irisviel von Einzbern (アイリスフィール・フォン・アインツベルン) voiced by Sayaka Ohara
Bazett Fraga McRemitz (バゼット・フラガ・マクレミッツ) voiced by Hitomi Nabatame
Caren Hortensia (カレン・オルテンシア) voiced by Ami Koshimizu
Waver Velvet (ウェイバー・ベルベット) voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
Issei Ryūdō (柳洞 一成) voiced by Mitsuaki Madono
Nanami Moriyama (森山 奈菜巳)
TV series teaser: http://www.youtube.com/embed/66JY7HRFpcE?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/7aqZQmXSNkA?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV series PV 2: http://www.youtube.com/embed/LRXcx5IaQcg?rel=0&autoplay=1
2wei PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/-DrtaUevsjc?rel=0&autoplay=1
Official website: http://anime.prisma-illya.jp/
S1 website: http://anime.prisma-illya.jp/1st/

Synopsis: Illyaviel von Einzbern is an ordinary middle school student who becomes a magical girl when the magical Kaleidostick Ruby deems her a more suitable master than the sorceress, Rin Tosaka. Rin, who had been tasked by the wizard Zelretch to collect the seven Class Cards containing the spirits of Heroic Spirits from legend, finds that she is unable to change Ruby's mind and must supervise Illya in completing the task of collecting the Class Cards. During Illya's adventures, she receives a friend and rival in a girl named Miyu, the contracted master of the Kaleidostick Sapphire, which similarly abandoned its original master and Rin's rival, Luvia Edelfelt.

Necropinion: even though i would prefer to see new series about a more interesting Fate/ not animated yet, like Hollow Ataraxia and Heaven's feel route instead i'm expecting this spinoff comedy (like Carnival Phantasm) to be good
wink.gif

All that needs to be said it that I was getting tired of waiting to see this series be animated. So far this series has three manga series out for it, so they have more than enough to work with here. not only that but we even get to see Shirou try and act like your normal elder brother here. Top it all off Kirisugu and Iri-chan are also around too.
tongue.gif

Eventually we'll be able to see Archerko make her appearance too, so I can't wait for that.
laugh.gif

Yay! At long last! Here's hoping they go to the end of Zwei at least.
biggrin.gif

Not only will we get to see Archerko, but don't forget, Karen Ortensia is the school nurse!

Edit: Why is Caster/Tamamo no mae not on that list?

QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 27 2013, 12:42 AM) Edit: Why is Caster/Tamamo no mae not on that list?
Becuase that would mean they would do a Fate/Extra series for that Foxy Caster.
laugh.gif

Besides for the Fate series to be completed would mean them doing a movie series of Heaven's Feel, and either a series, or movie series, for Hollow Atraxia for them to be done with that side of things.

Personally I like to see at least a MeltyBlood series before they finish off the Fate side of the Nasuverse though.
biggrin.gif

No, no, I mean the character poll.
tongue.gif

I am more curious about Fate/Apocrypha than I am about Fate/Extra in that regard.

I need to actually look into the other ends of the nasuverse. For as much as I enjoy the fate side of it, I never have gotten around to looking into the other series.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 27 2013, 01:07 AM)QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 27 2013, 12:42 AM)Edit: Why is Caster/Tamamo no mae not on that list?Becuase that would mean they would do a Fate/Extra series for that Foxy Caster.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 27 2013, 11:32 AM)I am more curious about Fate/Apocrypha than I am about Fate/Extra in that regard.

I need to actually look into the other ends of the nasuverse.  For as much as I enjoy the fate side of it, I never have gotten around to looking into the other series.then I suggest you to try Kara no Kyoukai's films specially now that there is a new one coming soon (to japanese theaters -.-), about the poll I forgot to add Jeanne d'Arc from F/A and Foxy Caster from F/E due its 15-entry limit but you can vote 'another character'... or for Luvia who looks like her in smexy 'nekomimi outfit' as seen in the first pre-air ^^ also is nice to watch Illya's maids in casual clothes, magical girls x epic F/SN is an interesting mix so I hope all three manga series will be animated; Ex: low - PS 7/10

Well after seeing the first episode I have to say it's nice seeing Rin-san back in action again. Oh and for those who haven't read the first two seasons of the manga the man who made the Kaleido Sticks was none other than Zeltrich himself. Yes the magus that pretty much jumps from one side of theNasuverse to the other on a whim.

Anyways I have to say that I expect the princess-like laugh form Luvia-sama here since she is the polor opposite to rin and her abilities here. By that I mean they have the same magic type, but Luvia-sama is a grapler while Rn is more of a kempo fighter.

In any case I have to say I do like seeing that Tiger is around as well here. Granted she's teaching elementary classes instead of high school. Although I think this was due to the fact that the combination of Tiger and Baruma is the actual reason why Tirger is Illya's teacher in this series.
tongue.gif

So, thus far it seems like they aren't making any changes to the orignal. A shame.

My opinion of the series is the same as the manga - it's using "parody" as an easy button rather than a legitimate tool. It's using an existing cast from another series so that it doesn't have to spend time on establishing and developing the characters, and the "parody" tag as an excuse to not produce anything remotely original or interesting. It's a cliche mahou shoujo series through and through, and would not work without the reference material.

It's animated quite nicely though, but that's about it. Might watch it for the sparkles.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 07 2013, 05:25 PM) Well after seeing the first episode I have to say it's nice seeing Rin-san back in action again. Oh and for those who haven't read the first two seasons of the manga the man who made the Kaleido Sticks was none other than Zeltrich himself. Yes the magus that pretty much jumps from one side of theNasuverse to the other on a whim.

This was already explained in FSN visual novel and expanded upon in Hollow Ataraxia.

Zelretch is a dimension traveler and one of few capable of true magic. He is pretty much connected to everything, starting with Arcueid's backstory and ending with Rin's own family backstory - considering the magic style Tohsaka family uses, as well as most of its heirlooms were created by Zelretch himself.

BOth Kaleido Stick rin tries to use in Ataraxia and jewel sword Rin uses against Sakura in fsn were his inventions and both are technically based around his own hobby - dimension hopping.

I sure as hell hope that the anime will include at least some of that backstory as reference to the wider universe.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 08 2013, 01:03 AM) So, thus far it seems like they aren't making any changes to the orignal. A shame.

My opinion of the series is the same as the manga - it's using "parody" as an easy button rather than a legitimate tool. It's using an existing cast from another series so that it doesn't have to spend time on establishing and developing the characters, and the "parody" tag as an excuse to not produce anything remotely original or interesting. It's a cliche mahou shoujo series through and through, and would not work without the reference material.

It's animated quite nicely though, but that's about it. Might watch it for the sparkles.
Actually there are some minor difference (more in terms of world settings) from the actual Fate series, but because this title is a SPIN-OFF largely based off Fate's author's (actual and delusional settings), so most of the things, particularly characters personalities wise remain the same. As it is a SPIN-OFF, I don't really see the point of complaining about it being what it is.

As for it being a "cliche mahou shoujo series through and through", that's what everybody thought when they watch the first 1 or 2 episodes of Nanoha as well...but it turns out to be something quite different. In terms of scale, it's not gonna turn out to be as big as Nanoha series, which is why some people refer Prisma Illya as "scaled down Nanoha"...which I agree with in a way.

I think most Fate fans would still appreciate this title, if they find the comedy aspect enjoyable. Prisma Illya is one of those titles which the story is characters driven rather than the other way round, but that doesn't nessarily means it's bad.

I myself quite like the Prisma Illya manga. I don't get phycial manga much these days, but Prisma Illya is one I bought to collect despite already ready it online (and re-read it physical copies a few times).

^ Well, I've read through quite a few chapters of the manga this is base off, and that's what I'm primarily comparing it to (and basing my opinion off).

It's not BAD, it's just okay, and it's lazy. In the same way most Marvel or DC spinoffs are lazy, since they just use the established setting and characters and offer little interesting in addition to that.

A difference of opinion, if you will.

Oh just a quick note, the first few chapters or so are rather slow since this was oringally a doujin series before Type-Moon wanted it to be serialized. Meanning that you should expect things to pick up by episode 3 or so.
wink.gif

Pretty much this was the answer to making Illya into a Maho Loli if you followed the Tiger Dojos in the Fate VN. In any case this is pretty much stating that Illya is living the dream of having a happy family for once.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 08 2013, 11:58 AM) In the same way most Marvel or DC spinoffs are lazy, since they just use the established setting and characters and offer little interesting in addition to that.

A difference of opinion, if you will.
Well, to be fair only Rin and Illya are the main characters from the original Fate, and Shirou and Tiger really just serves more as a background characters. Majority the characters are new (for people that only watching the Fate anime not played the game), and we will see a few more fimiliar faces later but that's about it really.

Even Nanoha was actually a spin-off of the Triangle Heart game, with the Takamachi family members and the settings remained more or less the same, but the story was completely different and went toward a complete different direction.

meh the second episode wasn't aired today ¬¬ makes sense because last week was the pre-air of the first one so i wonder if tomorrow #2 will be preaired, just like happened with Date A Live and Red Data Girl :/ too bad that didn't happen after ep.1 of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi -.- ...anyway i don't think it's a mere coincidence they aired 'F/KLPI' officially very close to the theatrical release date of the 1st Kara no Kyokai: Fukan Fūkei 3D, also Fate/zero Café ;p Edit: glad to see they keep pre-airing it ^^ smexy Rider's fight was cool about to do her Noble Phantasm but Miyu saved the day
wink.gif

So, Ep2...

- DAT WAVER, 'scusme, i meant to say Lord Melloi.
- DAT ZELRETCH...hand.

Anyway we are entering a bit more serious part of the story now, hopefully the first season will manage to cover the whole...first season(maybe with certain black-ish cliffhanger at the end, if you know what I mean, he he he)

Why is this not more popular? I have no freaking idea.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 15 2013, 08:49 AM) Why is this not more popular? I have no freaking idea.
It's targeting a niche audience within an already niche audience, I'm not surprised *shrug*. Not to mention it's highly derivative. I'm personally surprised so many people think it's a "thing".

@Necro What's with this fad to remake everything in 3D? When they do it for anime, you know this has gone too far
rolleyes.gif

Pretty much this is for the people that liked not only the Fate series but Teh Loli Goddess of the series as well.
laugh.gif

Besides this is for the people who wanted Illya to have her happy family + Shirou.
tongue.gif

In any case I do hope that they cover the first manga season with this anime since so far there are three manga seasons, and I think the third one is being sluggish with the scanalations though. If things turn out well I think this series will go for the other two manga seasons. Still looking forward to seeing not only Illya being Archerko, but also using the Assassin card as well.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 15 2013, 03:03 PM)Pretty much this is for the people that liked not only the Fate series but Teh Loli Goddess of the series as well.
laugh.gif

Besides this is for the people who wanted Illya to have her happy family + Shirou.
tongue.gif

In any case I do hope that they cover the first manga season with this anime since so far there are three manga seasons, and I think the third one is being sluggish with the scanalations though. If things turn out well I think this series will go for the other two manga seasons. Still looking forward to seeing not only Illya being Archerko, but also using the Assassin card as well.
I simply love the whole parallel universe idea and seeing a different outcome of fate/zero events is fascinating to me and half the fun of Prisma Illiya is figuring out HOW and where the divergences happen. Not to mention finally seeing Luvia, Lord Melloi, Zelretch animated.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 15 2013, 01:38 PM)QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 15 2013, 08:49 AM) Why  is this not more popular? I have no freaking idea. 
It's targeting a niche audience within an already niche audience, I'm not surprised *shrug*. Not to mention it's highly derivative. I'm personally surprised so many people think it's a "thing".

Hm, oh yes. Type Moon is sure niche. That must be why ufotable is practically swimming in money right now. Yes.

As for being Derivative. Well. What can I say - maybe, you should not have chosen to indulge yourself in something that belongs to a huge huge multiverse?

Because you know some people enjoy that sort of thing. That's why comic books are a thing. That's part of appeal of stuff like CLAMP works or Type Moon works or Marvel, etc, etc, etc. That's like going to see Avengers and complaining that it has characters from other Marvel movies.

QUOTE Hm, oh yes. Type Moon is sure niche. That must be why ufotable is practically swimming in money right now. Yes.
ufotable made Type Moon popular, not vice versa. And you can't really argue that the TM fandom as a whole isn't niche (i.e. people who are interested in any and all TM products). Plus mahou shoujo is another niche that doesn't necessarily intersect with the TM fandom.

QUOTE As for being Derivative. Well.
It's not just self-derivative, that's okay to an extent; it's also extremely derivative of mahou shoujo titles like CCS or Nanoha. It's basically bringing nothing new to the mahou shoujo genre.

As for Marvel, there are plenty examples of products where the characters are there simply as something to carry an otherwise unremarkable piece of work.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 15 2013, 02:38 PM)@Necro What's with this fad to remake everything in 3D? When they do it for anime you know this has gone too far
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 15 2013, 08:06 PM)Because you know some people enjoy that sort of thing. That's why comic books are a thing. That's part of appeal of stuff like CLAMP works or Type Moon works or Marvel, etc, etc, etc.  That's like going to see Avengers and complaining that it has characters from other Marvel moviesactually i'm surprised they're not remaking lots of anime movies in 3D lately unlike other countries (specially U.S.A.) that keep doing it with their CG films, live action or animated :/ besides Kara no Kyokai the only ones I remember are One Piece 3D: Mugiwara Chase & Toriko 3D: kaimaku Gourmet Adventure... just like people enjoy spinoffs others like to re-watch stuff in 3D ;p back to topic with ep.2 officially aired most likely they'll keep preairing a new ep a day later, now that I watched #3 with Miyu as a clichéd transfer student reminds to Tsukiko from HenNeko ^^ is it just me?
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back