Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 & 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199, Dai-Isshō: Harukanaru Tabidachi

Title: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Chapter 1: The Long Journey
Japanese: 宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199 第一章 遥かなる旅立ち
Date aired: 7/4/2013 (TV series, episodes 1 and 2 out of 26)
Theatrical release date: 7/4/2012 (animated film series, 1st of 7 movies)
BR/DVD release date: 25/5/2012 (movie 1)
Genres: Space Opera, Military Sci-Fi
Directed by: Yutaka Izubuchi and Akihiro Enomoto
Original creators: Leiji Matsumoto and Yoshinobu Nishizaki
Produced by: Atsushi Ariyoshii, Hideaki Matsumoto, Fumi Teranish, Mikio Gunji and Tetsuya Matsubara
Written by: Hideaki Anno and Yutaka Izubuchi
Music by: Akira Miyagawa
Character design by: Nobuteru Yuki
Mecha and conceptual designs by: Junichiro Tamamori and Makoto Kobayashi
Studio: XEBEC, AIC and Enagio
Network: JNN (MBS) and TBS
Opening theme: "Uchū Senkan Yamato (宇宙戦艦ヤマト)" sequence by Hideaki Anno, originally composed by Hiroshi Miyagawa with vocals by Isao Sasaki
TV OP theme: "Uchū Senkan Yamato (宇宙戦艦ヤマト)" by Project Yamato 2199 (Eir Aoi, Natsuko Aso, Chaiki Ishikawa, Yoko Ishida, Shuhei Kita, CooRie, GRANRODEO, Minami Kuribayashi, Maon Kurosaki, Isao Sasaki, Sayaka Sasaki, Hiromi Sato, ZAQ, JAM Project)
TV Ending theme: "Words of Love (愛詞, Ai Kotoba)" by Mika Nakashima
1st movie ED theme: "Certain Eternal Star (星が永遠を照らしてる, Hoshi ga Eien wo Terashiteru)" by Aira Yuuki

Main cast: Captain Jūzō Okita (沖田 十三) voiced by Sugo Takayuki
Susumu Kodai (古代 進) voiced by Daisuke Ono
Yuki Mori (森 雪) voiced by Houko Kuwashima
Daisuke Shima (島 大介) voiced by Kenichi Suzumura
Starsha Iscandar (スターシャ・イスカンダル) voiced by Kikuko Inoue

Yamato girls' crew: Lt. Kaoru Niimi (新見薫) voiced by Aya Hisakawa
Ensign Akira Yamamoto (山本玲) voiced by Rie Tanaka
Civilian Medic Makoto Harada (原田真琴) voiced Rina Satou
Warrant Officer Yuria Misaki (岬百合亜) voiced Aya Uchida
Petty Officer 1st Class Miki Saijo (西条未来) voiced by Satomi Moriya

Female Garmillans: 2nd Lt. Melda Dietz (メルダ・ディッツ) voiced by Shizuka Itō
Lieutenant Mirenel Linke (ミレーネル・リンケ) voiced by Akemi Okamura
Propaganda Minister Miezela Celestella (ミーゼラ・セレステラ) voiced by Minori Chihara
Hilde Shultz (ヒルデ・シュルツ) voiced by Ayano Miura
Elisa Domel (エリーサ・ドメル) voiced by Chiaki Takahashi
Movies PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwUlpqD_NH4
Movie 1 PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SdtTw-efCE
Official website: http://yamato2199.net/
Official website (TV series): http://yamato2199.net/index_tv.html

Synopsis: The basic story of Yamato 2199 is the same as the first Yamato anime set in 2199, but Yutaka Izubuchi, who worked on mechanical designs and science-fiction concepts on some of the earlier projects in the franchise, is serving as chief director. The new series is a remake of the original Space Battleship Yamato TV series from 1974, with some changes in the main story, new characters (including several female ones), a more modern tech design, and an animation style inspired by that of the original series.

The year is 2199. The human race has been crushed in their war with the Garmillans, driven into underground cities by the invader's assault. Scientists estimate they have only a year left. The young officers Susumu Kodai and Daisuke Shima receive a mysterious capsule from a ship that made an emergency landing on Mars and return with it to Earth. It contains humanity's last hope: the planet Iscandar on the other side of the Magellan Galaxy has the technology to defeat the Garmillans and restore the planet. The space battleship Yamato is entrusted with this task, but they have only one year before humanity ends.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 12 2013, 04:31 PM)This show is definitely in my top 4.  And only #4 because I'm including "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" in my ranking because I am still watching it.  SO much better than "Star Blazers" for those who can remember...
But then again, I was STOKED to catch each episode of "Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors" each afternoon after classes tooas quoted from the Oregairu thread I concur and so far i'm impressed about how well this new adaptation is done compared to the disappointing, short series Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma a year ago ¬¬ err anyway I have watched up to ep.14 of SBY 2199 and I can't wait to check out next eps subbed... now that the movies are airing on japanese TV since last week I couldn't miss this chance to discuss about them, unlike last year -.- (70's songs and its sound effects FTW!) ^^ expection: high - initial score: 8/10 & currently 9/10

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOOOOVE IT!

The storyline is a slight departure in some respects, and a whole new tale in others. New characters, relationship dynamics, jealousy, hotties other than Nova, people manuevering/vying for power, and the Doctor looks less like a troll in this version. What's not to like?

For me, it's almost like the writers for the original "Dallas" or "Falcon's Crest" were brought on to add more depth and spice to the story. WRITER1: "Oh, and let's make the captain have a twin brother who's evil, and shoots him, but when the story arc is over, Nova wakes up to hear Captain Okita in the shower, and then Okita asks Nova if she had a bad dream because she was mumbling in her sleep..." WRITER2: "Yeah, that's got legs! And we'll add-in that the engineer has a daughter that has a serious fatal-attraction obsession with Kodai, but Kodai is too busy being torn between his growing feelings for Nova, and his repressed lust for his old academy roomate who turned into an unexpected fling after a game of SPIN THE BOTTLE went horribly wrong during a night of he and Kodai doing some seriously-heavy drinking..."
laugh.gif

... Oh dear... It seems that my insanity MAY have gotten just a teensy-weensy bit worse..
blink.gif

Where are you guys watching this? I've been looking for it but can't seem to find it? Are they all blu-ray rips, because I thought this would be currently airing?

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Dai-sanshō: Hateshinaki Kōkai, Dai-nishō: Taiyōken no Shitō

Title: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Chapter 3: The Endless Voyage & Chapter 2: Desperate Struggle in the Heliosphere
Japanese: 宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199 第三章 果てしなき航海 & 第二章 太陽圏の死闘
Airing date: 21/4/2013 (TV series, episodes 3 to 10 out of 26)
Theatrical release dates: 13/10/2012 (3) and 30/6/2012 (2)
BR/DVD release dates: 22/11/2012 (3) and 27/7/2012 (2)
3rd movie ED theme: "Crimsom Scarf (真赤なスカーフ, Makka na Scarf)" by Isao Sasaki
2nd movie ED theme: "Unknown Beautiful Earth (美しい地球を知る者よ, Utsukushii Chikyuu wo Shiru Mono yo)" by Aki Misato

Yamato crew: Shirō Sanada (真田志郎) voiced by Houchu Ohtsuka
Hikozaemon Tokugawa (徳川彦左衛門) voiced by Mugihito
Analyzer Unit 09 / AU09 (アナライザー / エーユー・オーナイン) voiced by Chō

Earth Defence Force: Captain Mamoru Kodai (古代 守) voiced by Mitsuru Miyamoto
Captain Ryū Hijikata (土方竜) voiced by Unshou Ishizuka
Captain Osamu Yamanami (山南修) voiced by Masashi Ebara
Heikuro Toudou (藤堂平九郎) voiced by Shinji Ogawa
Kotetsu Serizawa (芹沢虎鉄) voiced by Tesshô Genda

Garmillans from Zaltz: Commander Walke Schultz (ヴァルケ・シュルツ) voiced by Yu Shimaka
Commander Guelf Gantz (ゲルフ・ガンツ) voiced by Chō
Wol Jaretara (ヴォル・ヤレタラ) voiced by Daisuke Egawa
Saleluya Larleta (サレルヤ・ラーレタ) voiced by Hiro Yuuki
Wals Lang (ヴァルス・ラング) voiced by Tooru Ookawa
Dotem Gelhin (ドーテム・ゲルヒン) voiced by Yoshito Yasuhara
Movie 3 PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVWBIbJBIRs
Movie 2 PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or09dSlxltM

Synopsis: Susumu brings the Wave Motion Activation Core to Earth which allows mankind to complete its first interstellar spaceship, the "BBY-01 Yamato". With Okita as the captain, Shima as the navigator, and Susumu as its battle chief, the Yamato is assigned to travel to planet Iscandar, in the Great Magellanic Cloud, with orders to retrieve a device able to restore Earth's environment. Before the Yamato can start its journey, it must counter a Garmillan interplanetary ballistic missle aimed at them.

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 15 2013, 10:19 PM)Where are you guys watching this? I've been looking for it but can't seem to find it? Are they all blu-ray rips, because I thought this would be currently airing?glad to know you're interested too Juli-chan ^^ I'm watching it streamed from two sites (I can PM you where if you like), there are 14 episodes subbed but next month they plan to release 4 more (each film is divided in 4 except #1)... Edit: just found eps 1 and 2 raw from the TV version o_O as i though are the same as BR except different opening, ending and quality so maybe they'll upload the rest with each ep release but I doubt any group will bother to sub them again
tongue.gif

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Dai-goshō: Bōkyō no Gingakan Kukan, Dai-yonshō: Ginga Henkyō no Kōbō

Title: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Chapter 5: The Redolence of Intergalactic Space & Chapter 4: Defense of the Galactic March
Japanese: 宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199 第五章 望郷の銀河間空間 & 第四章 銀河辺境の攻防
Airing date: 16/6/2013 (TV series, episodes 11 to 18 out of 26)
Theatrical release dates: 13/4/2013 (5) and 12/1/2013 (4)
BR/DVD release dates: 28/5/2013 (5) and 22/2/2013 (4)
2nd TV opening theme: "Fight For Liberty" by UVERworld
2nd TV ending theme: "Best of my Love" by Rei Yasuda
5th movie ED theme: "Yosoro ~Beyond the Sea of Stars~ (ヨーソロー ~星の海を越えて~, Yosoro ~Hoshi no Umi wo Koete~)" by Hironobu Kageyama
4th movie ED theme: "Light of Memory (記憶の光, Kioku no Hikari)" by KOKIA

Yamato crew: Saburō Katō (加藤三郎) voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya
Second Lieutenant Hiroki Shinohara (篠原弘樹) voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa
Susumu Yamazaki (山崎奨) voiced by Hiroshi Tsuchida
Sukeji Yabu (薮助治) voiced by Chō
Dr. Sakezō Sado (佐渡酒造) voiced by Shigeru Chiba

Lieutenant J.G. Shinya Itō (伊東真也) voiced by Toshihiko Seki
Warrant Officer Toru Hoshina (星名透) voiced by Motoki Takagi
Hajime Hirata (平田一) voiced by Fumihide Ise
Master Chief Petty Officer Isami Enomoto (榎本勇) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Yoshikazu Aihara (相原義一) voiced by Masato Kokubun

Garmillans: Colonel General Erich Domel (エルク・ドメル) voiced by Akio Ohtsuka
Lt. Colonel Wolf Fleurken (ヴォルフ・フラーケン) voiced by Jōji Nakata
Field Marshal Helm Zoellick (ヘルム・ゼーリック) voiced by Norio Wakamoto
Reichsführer Hydom Gimleh (ハイドム・ギムレー) voiced by Junpei Morita
Hauptsturmführer Paren Nelge (パレン・ネルゲ) voiced by Takashi Onozuka
Movie 5 PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-WEcWZ0jw
Movie 4 PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctmO-z08LdM

Synopsis: Melda Dietz, a Garmillan pilot under the custody of Yamato, claims that their attack on Earth was not unprovoked, and that it was the Earthlings who first fired without warning during the first contact between both races years before. Daisuke, whose father was killed in the attack, does not believe her at all until Yamazaki, the sole survivor of his father's ship, reveals to him the truth about what really happened that day.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 14 2013, 10:18 PM)LOVE IT LOVE IT LOOOOVE IT!

The storyline is a slight departure in some respects, and a whole new tale in others.  New characters, relationship dynamics, jealousy, hotties other than Nova, people manuevering/vying for power, and the Doctor looks less like a troll in this version.  What's not to like?^^ just marathoned episodes 15 to 18 recently subbed from the 5th film (one per season) full of treason and revelations, compared to psychological ep.14 but that Nazi*err Garmillan vixen Mirenel got what she deserved for messing with Yamato's crew ¬¬... so far I'm enjoying it more than previous Yamato adaptations or other mechas that train-wrecked and disappointed me lately, its TV series version has aired up to #8 so I guess it'll catch up on time and end this epic remake before the year is over
smile.gif

Lt. Kaoru Niimi (新見薫) voiced by Aya Hisakawa

Is there NOTHING this actress can't do? What a range she has!

Tenjho tenge - Maya Natsume (Young school trickster and full of energy)
Bleach - Retsu Unohana (Motherly, Matronly, Proper, yet TOTAL Bad @ss!)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - Mune-mune (Silly, Pseudo adult)
Cardcaptor Sakura: The Sealed Card - Kero (Chibi stuffed animal/comic refief)
Trigun - Rem Saverem (Almost holy maiden-like, & chaste love of Vash & Nails)
Oh My Goddess! - Skuld (Loli-voiced goddess)
Devil Hunter Yohko - Yôko Mano (Main Character/comedy)
Sailor Moon(Ami Mizuno) - Sailor Mercury (Iconic, over the top high school girl)
Tenchi Muyô! GXP - Ryoko Balouta (Sexy, yet silly "Bad girl")
Kurokami: The Animation - Kuro no Haha (Cute, lovable semi tomboy-like heroine)

And there are a TON of other roles in other iconic shows like Azumanga Daioh & Fruits Basket, but the roles above really demonstrate the diverse characters that she seemingly effortlessly brings to life. There is nothing "one dimensional" about the performances she brings to each character. Often, I have a hard time believing that a role was done by her because she so totally transforms her voice, mannerisms, and energy for each role.

So now we add "Cloak and dagger Librarian seductress with a vulnerable side" to her list of personas.

I found myself TRULY hating Niimi, but then she reveals another layer of the onion that is her psyche, and you really want to forgive and understand her...

Oh and is it alright for me to admit that I felt a bit of a tinge when the scene cut to Dommel's wife after the last battle? Powerful stuff, brilliantly scripted, and deftly performed. I really felt the drama of the piece, and not just because of some formulatic swelling of music, or a teary-eyed cast tugging at your heart strings.. This is grade-A writing. I so wish that there wasn't a prejudice against animated media which makes it difficult for many to appreciate the power of a performance as easily as if the actors had been "real" instead of animated... This NEEDS Mainstream Academy Award-level recognition in my opinion! For me, nothing else in Anime has even come close to touching this in decades. And I admit that I bawled my eyes out during the last episodes of Angel Beats! and end of the Makoto section of Clannad!

Well done XEBEC, AIC and Enagio. Well-done indeed!

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Dai-nanashō: Soshite Kan wa Iku, Dai-rokushō: Tōtatsu! Dai Magellan

Title: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Chapter 7: So There Goes The Ship & Chapter 6: Arrival! Large Magellanic Cloud
Japanese: 宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199 第七章 そして艦は行く & 第六章 到達!大マゼラン
Date aired: 11/8/2013 (TV series, episodes 19 to 26 out of 26)
Theatrical release dates: 23/8/2013 (7) and 15/6/2013 (6)
BR/DVD release dates: 25/10/2013 (7) and 26/7/2013 (6)
3rd TV ending theme: "Distance" by JUJU
7th movie ED theme: "Ai no Hoshi (愛の星, Stars of Love)" by Nana Mizuki
6th movie ED theme: "R.I.P~Rest In Peace My Friend~ (R.I.P~友よ静かに眠れ~, R.I.P~Tomo yo Shizuka ni Nemure~)" by JAM Project

Yamato crew: Lieutenant J.G. Yasuo Nanbu (南部康雄) voiced by Kenji Akabane
Kenjirō Ōta (太田健二郎) voiced by Yūki Chiba
Petty Officer 3rd Class Shinpei Iwata (岩田新平) voiced by Kouki Harasawa
Leading Seaman Kiyoshi Toyama (遠山清) voiced by Koji Yusa
Leading Seaman Tetsuya Kitano (北野哲也) voiced by Ryuichi Kijima

Garmillans: Supreme Leader Abelt Desler (アベルト・デスラー) voiced by Kouichi Yamadera
Deputy Leader Redof Hiss (レドフ・ヒス) voiced by Yousuke Akimoto
Admiral Gul Dietz (ガル・ディッツ) voiced by Katsunosuke Hori
General Welte Talan (ヴェルテ・タラン) voiced by Yutaka Aoyama

Lt. General Ghader Talan (ガデル・タラン) voiced by Kotaro Nakamura
Major General Gremdt Goer (グレムト・ゲール) voiced by Masashi Hirose
Colonel Wemm Heidern (ヴェム・ハイデルン) voiced by Shinpachi Tsuji
Captain Gol Heinig (ゴル・ハイニ) voiced by Setsuji Satō
Major Fommt Berger (フォムト・バーガー) voiced by Junichi Suwabe
Charis Kreize (カリス・クライツェ) voiced by Takuya Satō
Major Lyle Getto (ライル・ゲットー) voiced by Kiyohito Yoshikai
Movie 7 PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51utm_LNX8E
Movie 6 PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YZwgo5WQVs

Synopsis: As the Yamato penetrates the Large Magellanic Cloud, Domel, his name now cleared, engages in a battle of wits with Okita as he prepares a special attack force to stop the Earth vessel once and for all.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Aug 01 2013, 10:00 PM)Lt. Kaoru Niimi (新見薫) voiced by Aya Hisakawa

Is there NOTHING this actress can't do?  What a range she has!

So now we add "Cloak and dagger Librarian seductress with a vulnerable side" to her list of personas.

I found myself TRULY hating Niimi, but then she reveals another layer of the onion that is her psyche, and you really want to forgive and understand her...
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 14 2013, 10:18 PM)For me, it's almost like the writers for the original "Dallas" or "Falcon's Crest" were brought on to add more depth and spice to the story. WRITER1: "Oh, and let's make the captain have a twin brother who's evil, and shoots him, but when the story arc is over, Nova wakes up to hear Captain Okita in the shower, and then he asks her if she had a bad dream because she was mumbling in her sleep..." WRITER2: "Yeah, that's got legs! And we'll add in that the engineer has a daughter that has a serious fatal-attraction obsession with Kodai, but Kodai is too busy being torn between his growing feelings for Nova, and his repressed lust for his old academy roomate who turned into an unexpected fling after a game of SPIN THE BOTTLE went horribly wrong during a night of he and Kodai doing some seriously-heavy drinking...actually Niimi and her seiyuu have become one of my favorites after watching eps. 19-22 ^^ btw you forgot to add WRITER3: "How about this? Nova is kidnapped, Kodai fails to rescue her so their mutual feelings will grow while they're apart then a new girl (who looks just like her) named Yurisha arrives to seduce him" xD... anyway this series gets more intense each time but i get the feeling it's underrated looking at the lack of discussion in this thread, I'm not surprised that many haven't tried it yet I can't wait for the final film to be released on BR/DVD in a few months:
Writer3 "Later her jealous friends ask if she loves him while eating parfait"
laugh.gif

**Dr. Sado starts to leave Okita's quarters**
Okita: "Sado Sensei........... ......Arigato."
**Dr. Sado, tears streaming leaves**
**Okita looks at an old photo of his wife and son, then at the Earth one last time**
**Finally satisfied, Okita ceases to struggle for life, and slips away quietly**
**After a moment, Dr. Sado returns to see that Okiita has passed**
**Dr. Sado salutes crisply, yet solemnly**

I teared-up tonight when I watched that part of the final episode. And I remember that I bawled like a baby after literally running home to watch the final episode of the first season of Starblazers. Only back then, it was; "Dr. Sane......... Thank you." **Dr. Sane salutes crisply, yet solemnly**

It was 3:30pm on a Thursday afternoon mid-1980 that I finally learned the fate of the Earth and the Yamato crew. It was 9:30pm Nov. 5th 2013 when I relived that moment with an eerily-crystal clarity.

Now I ask you, what better testament to GREAT writing can a viewer or reader ever offer?

This has been a very worthwhile wait and while I'm sad to see it's passing, I have no regrets. HERE'S TO AN EQUALLY WELL-WRITTEN SEASON 2!!! (Though I don't know how they could make the Comet Empire story arc nearly as impactful as this one has been.)

Well my friends, it's been a wild ride. Over and out!

I couldn't agree more! 33 years later then (i was born in October-16-1980) o_O not sure if they'll make s2, but a new film was confirmed ^^ i loved the wedding finale despite its predictable happy ending... now the question is which Yamato girl would you marry? ;p overall best remake/reboot I ever watched, sadly it was eclipsed by the 'overhyped titans' Sword Art Online last year and Shingeki no Kyojin recently :/

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: The Long Journey (1st film ep.1-2) spring 2012 - 8/10
USY 2199: Desperate Struggle in the Heliosphere (film 2 ep.3-6) spring 2012 - 9/10
USY 2199: The Endless Voyage (3rd movie episodes 7 to 10) autumn 2012 - 10/10
USY 2199: Defense of the Galactic March (4th movie eps 11-14) winter 2013 - 9/10
USY 2199: Redolence of Intergalactic Space (film 5 eps 15-18) spring 2013 - 10/10
USY 2199: Arrival! Large Magellanic Cloud (6th film eps 19-22) spring 2013 - 10/10
USY 2199: So There Goes The Ship (7th film episodes 23-26) summer 2013 - 10/10
USY 2199 (TV series 26 eps) spring to summer 2013 - average score: 10/10
USY 2199 brand new theatrical edition (宇宙戦艦ヤマ­ト2199 劇場版) 8th film 2014? - ??

Only just started watching this series a few days ago after having never watched anything related to the series before, and am definitely loving it. I'm always getting a Battlestar Galactica feel from it, which is a good thing as I love that series. My only problem right now is I'm constantly taking myself out of the show for scientific reasons cause I recently saw a few episodes of the series Universe on history channel talking about a bunch of different topics on space exploration and the galaxies. This means, while there are certainly things you have to just accept like FTL drives for the sake of the story, some things just bother me like all the crew members being able to have real-time conversations with people back on earth when they are past Pluto, when the communication signals would take anywhere from 4-5.5 hours to actually reach earth, depending on it's current location in orbit.

Though I know this is 95% a problem with me and not the show.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Mar 01 2014, 01:11 AM)Only just started watching this series a few days ago after having never watched anything related to the series before, and am definitely loving it.  I'm always getting a Battlestar Galactica feel from it, which is a good thing as I love that series.trust me you'll enjoy it even more from the middle of this movie series onward, ^^ btw i listed in that poll above most Leiji Matsumoto's classic space operas... but if you don't want to bother yourself by marathoning all their tv episodes yet then I suggest you to see first his 2nd best, Captain Harlock which was remade in the 80's movie ''Arcadia of My Youth'' and a 2013 CGI film subbed recently
biggrin.gif

I've been recommended this show quite a few times but never really tried watching it because I was aware that this was a reboot/remake of the original series from 1974. Barbo convinced me that it was a good watch and I have to concur it was pretty decent series, I was kinda expecting a lot more but I'm glad it sort of kept to it roots in tone, with each episode sort of being episodic.

I've watched the original Mobile Suit Gundam, it's a great show and I can see how it was inspired by the original Space Battleship Yamato, the original Gundam is very episodic.

I am aware that there are a multitude of differences between the original and 2199 such as new characters (as well as getting rid of characters too), changing character personalities (like Gomel, he's a more noble and brave soldier in 2199), events being changed, character jobs, etc. Basically there's quite a lot of differences but 2199 is pretty darn solid and I do like the changes with more female crew being on board the Yamato such as Akira, Kaoru (I'm pretty sure she's not in the original), Makoto (the married nurse), etc.

I like the ending with Mamoru reviving Yuki in the end and with Okita becoming the new Cosmos Reverse Output thingy. To be honest, I like the fact that Yuki and Kodai are a pair but I honestly didn't see enough interaction for them to actually become in love with each other but that's to be expected from a space opera that had to deal with the constant Gamilas threats.

Lol it was funny to see Yabu join that crew and they don't know yet that it was actually a human who use to be a proper crew-mate on the Yamato. I wonder what Melda is going to do now, I sorta want her to become a part of the crew on the Yamato in the future. Kaoru is pretty damn cute, I mean she wants to protect humanity and that's why her feeling were so strong that she went along with the coup d'éta.

My score for this series is a 9/10.

I've downloaded the original 1974 Yamato series (the Japanese version) and I'll be downloading season 2 as well at some point and then the 3rd series after that. I'll probably watch them at a later time though, I think I'm going to have to spread this Yamato marathon into a freaking voyage, it can be quite hard to watch an anime made over 40 years ago in one go.

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshi-meguru Hakobune, new movie after Tsuioku no Kōkai recap

Titles: Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark & Voyage of Remembrance
Japanese: 宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199 星巡る方舟 & 追憶の航海
Theatrical release dates: 6/12/2014 (8th movie) and 11/10/2014 (compilation)
BR/DVD release dates: 27/5/2015 (8th) and 21/11/2014 (recap)
Directors: Makoto Bessho (8th) and Takao Katō (recap)
Written by: Shigeru Morita (recap)
Music by: Hiroshi Miyagawa (8th)
Art director: Yoshio Tanioka (8th)
Sound director: Tomohiro Yoshida (8th)
CGI director: Tadasuke Ueji (8th)
Chief mechanical director: Masanori Nishii (8th)
Director of photography: Takashi Aoki (8th)
Mechanical design by: Yasushi Ishizu (8th)
Set design by: Takeshi Takakura (8th)
Editing by: Emi Onodera (8th)
Production supervisor: Yutaka Izubuchi (recap)
Produced by: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Production Committee
Opening theme: "Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199" by Violin & Co-produce Tarō Hakase
8th movie ED theme: "Great Harmony ~for yamato 2199" by Ayaka Hirahara
Compilation ED theme: "BLUE" by Nana Mizuki
8th movie insert song: "Muss i denn (わかれ)" by Tokyo Philharmonic Chorus
''''
Supporting cast: Mikage Kiryū (桐生 美影) voiced by Eriko Nakamura
Yoshikazu Aihara (相原 義一) voiced by Masato Kokubun
Shō Sawamura (沢村 翔) voiced by Yūya Chikaki
Jun Ichikawa (市川 純) voiced by Saki Fujita
Hajime Saitō (斎藤 始) voiced by Hiroki Touchi
''''
Garmillans: Fomto Berger (フォムト・バーガー) voiced by Junichi Suwabe
Neredia Ricke (ネレディア・リッケ) voiced by Mie Sonozaki
Klim Melch (クリム・メルヒ) voiced by Shinnosuke Tachibana
Vance Bahren (ヴァンス・バーレン) voiced by Shinya Fukumatsu
Meria Ricke (メリア・リッケ) voiced by Eriko Nakamura

Gatlantians: Goran Dagarm (雷鳴のゴラン・ダガーム) voiced by Ryûzaburō Ôtomo
Sifar Sarbeller (白銀のシファル・サーベラー) voiced by Yuko Kaida
Isra Parakas (疾風のイスラ・パラカス) voiced by Masahiko Tanaka
Bodom Mace (ボドム・メイス) voiced by Kōji Ishii
Jirellian: Loerelei Loer (レーレライ・レール) voiced by Junko Iwao
Movie teaser: https://www.youtube.com/embed/box8gRmOp98?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV: https://www.youtube.com/embed/rrg6kSZYhIk?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV 2: https://www.youtube.com/embed/W_9-Az_DewM?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV 3: https://www.youtube.com/embed/udEDoGzrKkE?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV 4: https://www.youtube.com/embed/wbY8HGs2PmM?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV 5: https://www.youtube.com/embed/sSGNd8Zaxjc?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV 6: https://www.youtube.com/embed/NaMpHZIhW_I?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV 7: https://www.youtube.com/embed/nw1C2cmNzBY?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie CMs: https://www.youtube.com/embed/fGEWHEuarPQ?r...0T8S1z1b1NZQHjh
Recap PV: https://www.youtube.com/embed/woPvEp7Vhds?rel=0&autoplay=1
Recap TV spot: https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vjat9D9lgI?rel=0&autoplay=1
Recap TV CM: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Or0St45PcdM?rel=0&autoplay=1
Recap Web CM: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ii1v6GRE9dc?rel=0&autoplay=1
English PVs: https://www.youtube.com/embed/OdbJEsWBlRE?r...BlH-PiUl0aq6Oyi
English website: http://starblazers.com/

Synopsis: A new super weapon has emerged and Gamilas ships vanish from the seas. In the meantime, the Yamato has left the Large Magellanic Cloud and is on its way back to the Milky Way Galaxy. During the voyage, the crew is hit by a gatlantean warrior fleet under command of Goran Dagam, who claims the "Yamatee" as his prey. After Susumu Kodai in command refuses to give up the ship, the Yamato makes a run and accidentally ends up inside a strange world that defies logic and the law of physics. An expedition team is sent to the surface and makes a truly mind-boggling experience that they cannot escape. Next to that the team doesn't seem to be alone after they encounter their old foes. Time runs out and the Gamilas and Terrons walk a thin line in a world that's not their own, having the Gatlanteans sitting in their necks.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 05 2013, 10:41 PM)Now I ask you, what better testament to GREAT writing can a viewer or reader ever offer?

This has been a very worthwhile wait and while I'm sad to see it's passing, I have no regrets. HERE'S TO AN EQUALLY WELL-WRITTEN SEASON 2!no S2 yet but this newest film reminded me a bit to Memories: Magnetic Rose
wink.gif

I'm still really salty at how screwed up the US Release of Yamato 2199 was. I would have loved to own the series, but Voyager had such a terrible release strategy and then never even finished it. It was exactly 1 year ago today actually that the last release came out and that only finished the first half of the show

I will be anxiously awaiting the subs for this movie to come out though. Saw torrents for the raw so hopefully it'll show up by the end of July.

Barbobot said:
I will be anxiously awaiting the subs for this movie to come out though. Saw torrents for the raw so hopefully it'll show up by the end of July
just in case you haven't seen Hoshimeguru Hakobune with subs yet, there ^^ i hope they'll release more sequels ;/... also I found another new Yamato movie titled Tsuioku no Kokai, subbed until today most likely because it's Tv recap -_-

Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love, 3 years later now vs Gatlantis

Knorris908 said:
(Though I don't know how they could make the Comet Empire story arc nearly as impactful as this one has been.)

Well my friends, it's been a wild ride. Over and out!
the ride goes on with Kodai as captain allied to Gamilas, 2 eps just subbed!^_^

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202 Dai-nishō, their journey to planet Telezart begins!

gdpetti said:
alot of esoteric stuff gets used wrongly in anime in general) to portray the 'real world'... from a hyperdimensional perspective... next level... our 'present' is constantly shifting, changing, but we aren't aware of it from our DNNA based limited point of view... linearity ... this is what this concept deals with.... the travel through time.... same as we travel through space.... a change in position, not in space, but time... it's sequence of events...
with esoterism in ep'3-6 like 'time fault' or Teresa entity, i bet you'll enjoy S2 :)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back