123 replies to this topic

#121 gdpetti

gdpetti

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

Finished S1.... and it ends with a look at that key around his neck... WTH they didn't go there first seems like a writing decision to milk the action at least until S2... overall the writing is rather good, though the usual writing copouts to get characters setup or scenes going in a certain direction.... and the number of these grows as the ep count grows... but overall, it's still rather good... just the usual addition of superpowers for the Titans whenever it seems the writer wants to up the ante on the story without just writing a better scene... I hope these copouts don't continue, but they probably will.... so on to S2, which should be over soon I think.... it's so much better to watch a few eps at a time. :D  It helps maintain the  suspense etc... like watching films... just skip through the OP/EPs...

I do wonder if this is gonna turn out like that American tv show "Lost"... at the end... it's just afterlife maneuvers with your friends... :rolleyes:

though, on second hand that might not interesting, as so far it looks to be the usual earlier human civilizations scientists created this situation, the Titans, perhaps part of their usual transhumanism or supersoldier R&D programs.

#122 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3890 posts
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

better than mecha... not a mecha fan... as it's usually younger, mostly shonen, aren't they? this seems more seinen, so the writing can be more 'adult' as well... which seems to work better with this genre... IMO.

I can understand why others liked it... good action based series... interesting how they have so far set up humans as prey for larger 'humanoids'...

well It's Kabaneri and Seraph's studio after all so yes, ep.27 hints the dad of this girl Sasha saved became a 'small' titan... Also Conny's mom in #28 telling by her greeting, It seems Ymir or Krista know what's going on but we'll see tomorrow :o
April fools day: Dragon Ball -a: Android #18, s: Goku & Vegeta
Posted Image Posted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 15 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Fut... - 10/10 A
2. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 - 10/10 (airing) B+
3. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - 9/10 (ong?) B
4. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 9/10 (airing) B
5. Sangatsu no Lion - 8/10 (ongoing?) C-
6. Masamune-kun no Revenge - 8/10 (ongoing?) A
7. Fuuka - 8/10 (ongoing?) B-
8. Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd season - 7/10 (airing) B+
9. Demi-chan wa Kataritai - 7/10 (ongoing?) A+
10. Seiren - 7/10 (ongoing?) B
11. Little Witch Academia - 6/10 (airing) A-
12. Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - 6/10 (recap) A-
13. Dragon Ball Super - 5/10 (airing) A+
14. Reikenzan Eichi e no Shikaku - 5/10 (ongoing?) B-
15. Rewrite 2nd Season: Moon-hen / Terra-hen - 4/10 C-
*G. pleasure: Ao no Exorcist Kyoto Fujouou-hen - 4/10 (o?) B-

#123 gdpetti

gdpetti

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

Ah, you're talking about S2 already.... so more exposition? I think the dubbed version is out tomorrow or soon.... seems a good dub, so I'd rather wait... so much easier to watch in your own language.. unless the dub is bad or a studio that uses a very limited VA group for all their projects, as some voices just don't work on some characters, but they use what they have... <_<  THis one seems OK... so I'll wait... the way the keep making the Titans more and more advanced is interesting, but problematic it seems... seems a setup.... the ole 'god' with living chess pieces storyline, seen that done a few times... hope that's not the case, but tropes rule the game in all formats.

You seem to imply that the few S2 eps still don't have him going to the basement with that key? <_<  If that's the case, then the writer is really 'milking' it... isn't that the first thing you'd want to do, if you thought something important was there to discover.. some knowledge about WTH was going on and why?.. his father is still alive I take it? still no word on him either? These tropes get tiresome... but what can you do? ;)

#124 gdpetti

gdpetti

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

Just watched ep1 S2 of the eng dub... and I read the Wikipedia entry on this.. which makes the writer's storyline sound stupid... like it's all some gimmick...or stupid.... and they are still not dealing with the key around his neck, if it's still there... C'mon man, this is getting stupid... now they talk etc... now every soldier or whoever could be one... now the writing makes me want to stop watching if it's just going to get this stupid... I was thinking of watching the subs which have a number of eps out, but after watching this ep, I think I'll put in on hold for a few weeks, maybe the rest of the season.... my enthusiasm is gone.... the writing seems to have gone into stretchout mode to 'milk' the suspense as long as possible to get more eps.. as long as it stays popular. I'll have to look for something else.... this one's getting too manipulative for my tastes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users