Uchū Kyōdaii~Space Brothers

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

ImTakes

sama
Retired
Title: Uchuu Kyoudai~Space Brothers
Type: TV
Episodes: ?
Airing: Apr 1, 2012
Producers: A-1 Pictures, YTV

Characters & Voice Actors:
Namba, Hibito : Kenn
Namba, Mutta : Hirata, Hiroaki
Sharon : Ikeda, Masako
Itou, Serika : Sawashiro, Miyuki

Staff:
Watanabe, Ayumu
Director
Kato, Hiroshi
Art Director
Uezu, Makoto
Series Composition
Koyama, Chuuya
Original Creator

Synopsis:
“The older brother should always be ahead of the younger one...”
Once upon a time there were two brothers, Hibito and Mutta. Hibito, the littler brother, had been blessed with good luck since the day he was born. Mutta, the elder, had always had bad luck. One day, looking up at the night sky, the two brothers saw a UFO. This experience made them both promise to become astronauts.
In the year 2025, Hibito has kept his promise and become an astronaut, part of the first wave of people to live for an extended period of time on the moon. Meanwhile, his older brother Mutta has been fired from his job and is unemployed but one message from his brother makes him decide to start being an astronaut again.
Thirty two year old Mutta will attempt the astronaut candidate examinations. To follow his brother Hibito to the moon, Mutta will attempt to become an astronaut at the age of 32. Unaware of his own talent, elder brother Mutta chases his dreams to get back in front of his younger brother. Believing the words “The older brother should always be ahead of the younger one...”
(Source: ytv ENGLISH (modified), MAL, ANN)
PV can be found here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-...ent-ad-streamed
(when I find a better trailer, will post it)
My thoughts:
Looks like another interesting series to invest some time in come the Spring should it prove interesting. Til then, not much to say other than, "looking forward to it."
wink.gif

Sounds interesting since it sounds like a slice-of-life show and Im a sucker for that genre, especially when there is drama added into it (and this here sounds like that).

This sounds interesting. The story is something you don't see everyday. Hopefully it is just as original as it sounds
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 05 2012, 11:21 AM) This sounds interesting. The story is something you don't see everyday. Hopefully it is just as original as it sounds
smile.gif

Well, from the looks of things...Spring anime season has started. (well for us West coast folks....in a few) Currently downloading this first episode so, hoping it will be a good watch. I see on MAL, already an OVA is released but not yet subbed, for the little doggie, Apo who will be featured in this series. Looking forward to it.
wink.gif

Uchuu Kyoudai: Apo's Dream
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13479/Uchuu_K...Apo's_Dream

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 05 2012, 01:21 PM)This sounds interesting. The story is something you don't see everyday. Hopefully it is just as original as it sounds

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 05 2012, 11:29 AM)Sounds interesting since it sounds like a slice-of-life show and Im a sucker for that genre, especially when there is drama added into it (and this here sounds like that).
that's right to be the first episode a lot happened and it was a very interesting introduction for each of the brothers, specially Mutta being the underdog narrating since their birth and childhood to fulfill their promise to become astronauts as adults... there are many historical references and comical moments regarding sport events and of course the NASA, surely this will be one of good series of this season so with medium expectation I'll start with 8/10 ^^

This was a nice first episode with some good introduction. I'm hopeful that this series may be one of the best of this season. Still it is only the first episode..

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 01 2012, 04:43 AM)
medium expectation I'll start with 8/10 ^^
wow your medium expectattions are pretty good
wink.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 02 2012, 01:21 PM) This was a nice first episode with some good introduction. I'm hopeful that this series may be one of the best of this season. Still it is only the first episode..
Ah...my fine nijlandp-san, this is one I am truly going to enjoy. Loved the story of the two bothers so far. Enjoyed the animation style, the music, mama and papa and of course, the brothers futures in exploring outer space...i.e. the moon and Mars.
wink.gif
Fun comedy and bittersweet longing on the older brother's part (Mu-chan) to "be one step ahead of his younger brother" (Hibito-chan) and all without being bitter or odious towards his younger brother, too. Very appealing characters.
wink.gif
Gonna especially love Mu-chan since he is voiced by the same seiyuu who does Sanji from One Piece...sexy voice.
wub.gif

I'm really enjoying this one too. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw the previews for this show, but it's exceeded my expectations.
Hiroaki Hirata (yes, Sanji's seiyuu
biggrin.gif
) has a knack for playing lovable underdog characters.... Kotetsu in Tiger & Bunny last year, and now Mutta the older brother who's feeling left behind when he should have been two steps ahead of his little bro.

I can definitely relate to what he's feeling, because I've been going through similar circumstances in my own life. However the first episode ended on a very positive note with Mutta being presented with a great opportunity, which will allow him to follow his true dream and calling.
My first reaction to this was that it seemed a little too easy to apply to be an astronaut
tongue.gif
, but I was kindly reminded that it is the year 2025 in this show and he had credentials for it since he was a mechanical engineer... so it's not impossible.

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 06 2012, 11:41 PM)I'm really enjoying this one too. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw the previews for this show, but it's exceeded my expectations.
Hiroaki Hirata (yes, Sanji's seiyuu
biggrin.gif
) has a knack for playing lovable underdog characters.... Kotetsu in Tiger & Bunny last year, and now Mutta the older brother who's feeling left behind when he should have been two steps ahead of his little bro.
aah! I knew I heard that seiyuu before o_O I was thinking about Wild Tiger after hearing Mutta's adult voice in the second episode and fits really well with his personality and expressions, also he must be listed as one of the most unfortunate anime characters http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/gia-list/7...arma/2012-01-14 ...so far I'm enjoying the storytelling as this series keeps switching years of lessons from the past to overcome the problems of the present (more like future being 2025), showing flashbacks when he and his space bro were kids while growing up interested to become astronauts so it will be interesting to see how Mutta gets along with his "rivals" Serika and Kenji in their tests at JAXA ^^

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Apr 02 2012, 03:29 PM)wow your medium expectattions are pretty good
haha now that you mention it the scale I use for my expectation levels goes in a certain order depending not only on my impression about the first episode also if I enjoyed or not the original source (like manga, light novels and games) or based from a previous season I watched... http://boards.fansub.tv/?showuser=19076 the details are written in my FTV profile so here are the TV series, OVAs and movies that I have posted about my expections and preliminar scores until now (sorry for the little off-topic derail):

Very high 10/10 (9.6-10): Fate Zero S2 (airing)
Very high 9/10 (9.1-9.5): Berserk The Golden Age movies (ongoing) & Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (airing)
High 9/10 (8.6-9): Fate Zero (1st season score 9/10) & Zetman (airing)
High 8/10 (8.1-8.5): Mirai Nikki (airing) & Another (final score 6/10)
Medium 8/10 (7.6-8): Uchuu Kyoudai (airing) & SankaRea (airing)
Medium 7/10 (7.1-7.5): Ano Natsu de Matteru (final score 8/10) & Ozuma (airing)
Low 7/10 (6.6-7): Black Rock Shooter TV (final score 9/10) & Eureka Seven AO (airing)
Low 6/10 (6.1-6.5): Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the Dead (airing, 1st season score 7/10) & Nazo no Kanojo X (airing)
Very low 6/10 (5.6-6): Busou Shinki Moon Angel (final score 5/10)
Very low 5/10 (5.1-5.5): Saint Seiya Omega (airing)
Dropped (5 or less): Manyuu Hikenchou & Hiiro no Kakera
mad.gif

First episode was a good introduction of the setting and the maincharacter Mutta.

I guess youre life really is over in japan if you headbutt your superior like Zidane did 2006 (damn its already that long ago oO).

Except for this not much to talk about and I guess this will stay like that throughout the series since slice-of-life-shows tend to be like that ^^

Mu-chan was awesome tonight! He passed the first round and to think he might pass the second one! Hooray! The pretty mystery lady made him blush and so sweetly too. I am hoping we get a love triangle since both guys caught sight of said girl. We shall see. Loved the "loose screw" trick on the poor folks who were forced to sit in said chair before that review panel...hoping Mu-chan impressed them with his attempts to stay focused while trying to tighten it up.
His visit with the sensei was sweet...glad she mentored him and will continue to do so. Go Mu-chan!
tongue.gif

@ julez...hope you can convince senpai-kun to watch this one.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2012, 12:40 AM) @ julez...hope you can convince senpai-kun to watch this one.
biggrin.gif

I will try to, for sure... it'd be a shame for him to miss this one. He doesn't exactly take my recommendations though, he believes his taste is superior or something....
rolleyes.gif
(lol, I'm jk)
I haven't seen the second episode yet, still trying to finish off series from the last season, but I want to get to it asap since this was my favourite debut thus far.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2012, 12:40 AM)@ julez...hope you can convince senpai-kun to watch this one.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 10 2012, 11:29 AM)QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2012, 12:40 AM) @ julez...hope you can convince senpai-kun to watch this one. 
I will try to, for sure... it'd be a shame for him to miss this one. He doesn't exactly take my recommendations though, he believes his taste is superior or something....
julezia is right Yaya that's not exactly a strong selling point to get me to watch this anime; in fact it would have more of the exact opposite effect
rolleyes.gif
but for what its worth I did download both episodes... just in case... on the off chance... the possibility... slim as it maybe... you just never know... can you pull a rabbit out of a hat...

Watch the first episode. I was sold as soon as they showed Zinedine Zidane headbutt to the chest. Just brought back schoolboy memories of running around trying to avoid people headbutting me in the chest (it really hurts). It was a full blown craze.

Yea it was a great episode and im excited to see how it developes. Also I think its quite nuanced in capturing everyday annoyances.

Intense and uncomfortable levels of peer pressure (it was just like high school all over again; just take one puff...errr) lead me to have no choice but to watch the first episode
dry.gif
xD. Though I didn't watch the second episode yet so I'll save any real in-depth analysis until after I do that. I'm usually weary of slice-of-life anime and that is the reason I originally objected so vigorously but after being falsely and maliciously labeled just a teenage girl anime watcher (or something to that extent) really there was no choice left for me. I'll will watch this entire series (possibly begrudgingly) just to prove a point that I ultimately know has no real merit. But I will say I'm rooting for the underachiever.

I liked this one a lot too. It had a very heartwarming yet whimsical feel to it. The part at the beginning cracked me up and had me go rewatch the zidane rammstein meme music video
tongue.gif
. The main character is just so goofy and feels massively out of place in this decade of series, but its refreshing. I find it very ironic that this is set in 2025 but the animation screams retro early 1990, its like a giant hyperbole. Its good though, i like it, even though its old school it feels fresh. Hopefully the enjoyable atmosphere from the first ep persists, bc if it does, im bound to enjoy this one all the way through.

many of those thoughs crossed through my mind too wedora xD was hilarious how ep.3 started with the medical exam, while a nude Mutta was censored with flowers fantasizing about Serika and thinking "I'll save it for later" after the doctor warned him to not stray his mind ¬¬ ...besides being beaten by others in many exams he couldn't stand a chance against her physical ability while Kenji is outstanding in the theorical part, at least he's supporting him to do his best ^^ his trumpet practice paid off with lung capacity but he got 2nd place so we'll see how well he'll do in the last 2 exams
smile.gif

Ep 2 was a good continuation of ep 1 with Mutta getting the last push he needed from he his once sexy Aunt.

I can relate to his bad habit. If there is a screw some loose or something like this I have to get rid of that too or else Im going insane.

Kenji reminded me of an oldschool character with his hair too, just cant pinpoint it down. I think it was a detective with a busty blonde as a partner or something, never watched/readed it but read about it on the net.

You know after ep 3 I think that Mutta will fail this one and then the show will probably show how he trains for the second time (after some time moping around of course) and then finishes with him succeeding his second try at the exams.

Ep 3 was good again, especially because there was a lot of hottie Serika in it. She seems to be an interesting character. I wonder why she wants to go to space. Probably has something to do with her father.

Im looking forward to the next part of the exam since this will probably hell for Mutta, and a great fun for us
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back