Fall Season 2017 Line-Up and predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Mahou Tsukai no Yome!, There is a god of anime after all! Honestly, if the series follows the manga, I'm sold, but I honestly dislike the prologue OVA's. Guess it only exist to sell it before hand.

Imouto Sae Ireba Li, who knows, might be something for the comedy next season.

Last to check, only to check really, if Shiyan Pin Jiating: Frankenstein Family, is any good.

Oh well, for me personally, with Mahou Tsukai no Yome season, I'm already happy :)

Attachments

• 3D61E710-5424-440B-B5E8-6D61535F8538.png
    3D61E710-5424-440B-B5E8-6D61535F8538.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 276
Oh, Himouto! get's a second season I see, and Bloodfort Battle front as well. Also, the only two moives I like to check out are the SAO Movie and the Heaven's Feel movie. So I'm looking forward to seeing Rider being awesome for once.

Masich said:
There is a god of anime after all! Honestly, if the series follows the manga, I'm sold, but I honestly dislike the prologue OVA's. Guess it only exist to sell it before hand.
so glad i waited to marathon 0VAs until 3° is out, but I'll better try Tv ep.1 first

- maybe good telling by studios: 5. Shōjo Shūmatsu Ryōko (White Fox' s H!M) ;p
6. Mahō Tsukai no Yome (Wit studio for animating AoT, Seraph and Kabaneri):)

Attachments

• 882743F7-1C1B-4756-93F3-BAE875FC9AB0.png
    882743F7-1C1B-4756-93F3-BAE875FC9AB0.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 223
I liked those OVAs for '...no Yome'... and put it in my list for this season... so finally it shall arrive... What didn't you like about those OVAs? I assume you are saying the manga is better in some way? better source material is always a good thing to have.

"Just Because" at least sounds different.... original material will do that.

"Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World'... is this a remake? sounds like I watched this last year... pretty sure I did. LIked it.... it was different... don't remember it ending so much as fading away into the mist or something like that... perhaps they didn't cover all of the manga/LN or whatever it was based on? Ok, just checked it out... was in my favorites list... from 2003, so a remake of the LN series... Hmmm.

'Inuyashiki'? sounds like the aliens are an excuse to do the 'ghost in the shell' thing again... which always comes down to how well they do it.

'Robomasters'.... could be Ok if done well... as a SoL with real characters and not the trope types purposing this real competition.

'Two Car'? school sports competition... some of these are pretty good....

"TsukiPro the ANimation'... ? another in that genre or something combining the real and the fantasy? like Idolmaster and LoveLive combined??? Less dissociation in the SoL of the idolmaster series, which gives us a look inside the industry.... though I'd rather see a new cour for 'Girlish Number' myself. I also see 'Dyamic Chord' in the same genre as TsukiPro... music label SoL... Idolmaster type again with what looks like a focus on guys instead of girls for both series... haven't seen one with guys.... aren't they usually rather 'gay'? yori or yaori or whatever that 'boy love' stuff is called? Not my type if it is... and the poster image on both does look that way.

'Netojuu no Susume'? comedy neet girl story line... ??? different or not?

gdpetti said:
Less dissociation in the SoL of the idolmaster series, which gives us a look inside the industry.... though I'd rather see a new cour for 'Girlish Number' myself.
Same here overall GN my favorite Idol show, so meanwhile we wait a sequel...

- Not expecting much: 7. iM@S Cinderella Girls Gekijō S2 (Puchimas got too) :3
8. iM@s side M (no girls? i doubt it'll be as good but just in case i'll try ep.1)-_-

Kid-Wolf said:
two moives I like to check out are the SAO Movie and the Heaven's Feel movie. So I'm looking forward to seeing Rider being awesome for once.
they're my priority to watch too (0verlord, Hikibe!s2 and Eureka7 are recaps)...

- other films from high to low expectation: 3. USY 2202 AnSt M#3 Junai-hen (!)
4. Digimon Adventure tri. 5: Kyosei (Is becoming a nostalgic guilty pleasure)<_<

I don't have a whole lot of "must watch" shows this season (In truth, I let the season sneak up on me.)

Done a bunch of sampling so far:

Watch:
Mahoutsukai no Yome: More Elias and Chise! Also, lolwut Sleigh Beggy? You can even hear them taking the time to pronounce "Slay Vega"...
Kino no Tabi: Not much to see here, just a bunch of short stories through places that belong in SCP Foundation Custody.
Net-juu no Susume: The pilot looks adorable. Moar!
UQ Holder!: Needs more Chisame. Kirie works as a substitute, but there's no substitute for the original Riajuu otaku.
Sangatsu no Lion: I missed this show.

Maybe:
Konohana Kitan: I remember this Manga! Good source of adorableness for those of us needing to wean off New Game!!.
Black Clover: Look, It's Natsu and Zeref!
Two Car: Seems interesting, but has a lot of characters to establish, from the look of the first ep so far. Not sure what to make of it. I guess the chara variety will be handy for art reference, but it makes me wish there was more Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm.
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau: This one looks interesting, waiting for first ep subs. :(
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou: ...Fallout with Lolis? Did one of the Fallout games make it to Japan recently?

Dropped before the end of the first episode:

Chuuni Taisen: This series is trying to rip off Fate without relatable characters. Has a literal bunny ears rule lawyer necromancer.

Stuff I'm just skipping:

Kouseki no Kuni: How on earth did this get an Anime? It made no sense as a Manga. Was it from an LN or a game or something?

Norren said:
Kouseki no Kuni: How on earth did this get an Anime? It made no sense as a Manga. Was it from an LN or a game or something?
Yea... I watched the first episode after seeing you mention it and was like... What did I just watch?
Really Houseki no Kuni... just what is it supposed to be? Also, I kind of see why, but I still question many people calling it the Anime of Steven Universe.

In any case, the things that I'm watching for this season so far (without any self doubt):
Mahoutsukai no Yome (I know the manga, follows it perfect, but yeah the OP&ED are annoying to me)
Net-juu no Susume (It has a flying start that goes pretty quick, questionable time skipping, but seems fun)

Perhaps, not sure.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Now I question the entire thing, at one point feels realistic, on the other hand, it feels impossible and it's done so calmly... Weird...)
Also the OP & ED music (If it is the OP/ED) was actually beautiful, but seems out of place.

The one that I dropped within 10mins:
Imouto sae Ireba Li. (Don't ask)

And as last but not least the one that I'm Missing...
Shiyan Pin Jiating (Somehow I thought and could swear it was coming this season, but apparently I'm off by a half year... Lol xD

I'm still trying to catch up with spring and summer season, but I've seen few of this fall season animes.

black clover - but I felt like i was listening to asta yelling the whole time.
ousama game - i like its twist, horror story so far.
kino no tabi - never seen the old one. it got me curious. so far i like it. for some reason, it reminds me of el cazador dela bruja. dunno why. must be the town setting?
net-juu - i like gaming related anime. i like the first ep. so far.
mahoutsukai no yome - i really like the manga, but hearing the butchering of the name "slay vega" to "sleigh beggy" really pissed me off. i mean seriously. how could they messed up that one. but 1st ep, stayed true to the manga. i have yet to see the 3rd ova.
just because - i like it so far, slow 1st ep for me, but ill keep watching it.
blend S - 1st ep was hilarious.

not sure if ill still watch dies irae. didnt hold my attention after 3 mins.

Ryu said:
I don't have a whole lot of "must watch" shows this season (In truth, I let the season sneak up on me.)

Done a bunch of sampling so far
As all Fall series began, what's your watchlist? I'm reconsidering 'maybes' yet...

- new on TV (non-sequels): 1. Net-juu no Susume
2. Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau
3. Mahou Tsukai no Yome
4. Blend S
5. Imouto sae Ireba Ii. (from Haganai's author) :D
So far still watching everything I've got under main and maybe. Probably going to drop Two Car unless it gets interesting in the next three episodes, it's almost a case study in how to create disinterest in what seem to be interesting characters.

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (KujiSuna) is in a three way cage match with Mahoutsukai no Yome and Net-juu no Susume for my favorite of the season slot. Each is strong in different ways- KujiSuna's got the art, Mahoutsukai no Yome isn't very far behind and has the beautiful fairy tale to go with it, and the art for Net-juu no Susume isn't amazing, but the story is the song of my people.

Norren said:
still watching everything I've got under main and maybe. Probably going to drop Two Car unless it gets interesting in the next three episodes, it's almost a case study in how to create disinterest in what seem to be interesting characters.
so far what's your ranking from maybes to main, dropped 2-C or other series?

- season 2 & 3s (not spin-offs): 1. Himouto! Umaru-chan R
2. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara
3. Sangatsu no Lion 2nd Series
4. Kino no Tabi -The Beautiful World- The Animated Series :huh:

I'm watching that "Houseki no Kuni" right now and find it rather interesting.... genderless is rather adrogynous but they all look like girls without breasts, so they aren't trying to hard, at least all the characters beside the 'Master'.... who isn't explained yet... but then most nothing is explained until needs to be it seems.... but it's getting rather interesting. Seen 3 eps so far... so much nicer to see a few at a time instead of one a week.... this trend is definitely taking over with binge watchers etc... more like watching a movie franchise. Anyway, character development is underway in this anime... they'll have to explain the worldview/setup sometime soon, as only a little was given in the opening title of something an ep ago... I usually fast forward through the opening and closing.

Checked Wikipedia.... only 7 volumes in last 5 years?.... so only 12 ep cour... no surprise, ongoing, but I do find it odd how they start these series on these terms.... but if the anime is only promo for the manga.... songs etc. it makes sense, just different. So, this one will end with the end of the manga I guess... and in 5 more years, perhaps another cour? ^_^
====
====
=====

Hmmm... I must have forgotten to click the 'Post' button..... :unsure: Anyway, I just finished watching ep 7 of that "Houseki no Kuni"... rather good... different... the manga has been around awhile, 5 years?, but not that many volumes.... so 12 eps, does that bring it to the end of the last release? Interesting how they've brought up the subject of 'humanity'.... separation of mind/body/soul... interesting, given the rather esoteric implications... and that last ep seemed to be pushing the 'destiny' aspect... more than 'fate'.... choice, even if or because you try to ignore it.... accidentally, it comes upon you.... like karma perhaps.

They still haven't explained the 'sensei' character in comparison to the others, but they are slowly in each ep, filling in the answers to the questions on this worldview/setup.... interesting. Too bad there's only 12 scheduled the way it's going.

Okay, post button isn't working... <_<

Just finished ep 8 of "Houseki no Kuni"... Haven't started Magus Bride yet, but this anime is really getting good, nice intro to a character before they 'leave'.... very well done... and I like the MC, her attitude... I like attitude. :lol:
I wonder what the manga is by comparison.... anyone watching it that's seen the manga? Any changes? In latest ep 8, we still haven't found out who 'sensei' is yet.... I like the 'lost memory' aspect.. of the crystals... rather interesting concept. Seems he's the only 'human' there.... the last of his/our kind on the planet? given the storyline... those coming from the Moon have lost form and exist only as 'spirit'... appearing as ghostlike entities.... interesting... nice slow release of information in each ep.... nice 'tease'. ^_^

gdpetti said:
I'm watching that "Houseki no Kuni" right now and find it rather interesting.... genderless is rather adrogynous but they all look like girls without breasts, so they aren't trying to hard, at least all the characters beside the 'Master'.... who isn't explained yet... but then most nothing is explained until needs to be it seems.... but it's getting rather interesting.
Masich said:
Yea... I watched the first episode after seeing you mention it and was like... What did I just watch?
Really Houseki no Kuni... just what is it supposed to be? Also, I kind of see why, but I still question many people calling it the Anime of Steven Universe.
if you say so i tried 1, I'll better wait to see last reviews tomorrow! Meanwhile:

- spin-off sequels: 1. UQ Holder! Mahou Sensei Negima! 2
2. Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd season
3. The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Gekijou S2
4. The iDOLM@STER Side M (first and last time i watch a male idol show):(

Still liking Land of the Lustrous... Houseki no Kuni... use of the CGI is well done.... but it's the concept that is interesting.... it seems from the 'next ep' title, that 'secrets' will finally fill us in on WTF is really going on... as the crystals as conscious entities needs to be explained... compared to those they have to fight... that human looking sensei, the only one on their planet... the lost of memories is interesting as well as they lose pieces of themselves in their fights... our MC in particular, who is really taking on a different look and persona compared to her previous self... so the storyline has definitely gotten more dramatic with little comedy in recent eps. The Wikipedia entry explains nothing... if only a 12 eps season/cour.... I wonder how far in the manga it gets? 8 volumes out now... how many chapters is that?.... just checked 62 chapters online right now... could be more that aren't translated yet... but if 'Secret' is ch 27 and anime ep 11, then they have room for another cour... I might have to take a look at the manga... I don't see this listed for next winter season as a continuation. Rather ethereal concept/look/feel to this one.... sort of reminds me of some of those dystopian storylines... only this one seems to have been long, long, long since humanity was around...
====
====
=====

The anime is getting some good reviews.. cool look and feel to the piece... way better than the manga I think... read it online and they don't really get into the 'WTF' is going on here - aspect of our MC's search until the late 50s chapters? or somewhere near there, as she does mention a few things here and there, but that would have to be seriously trimmed up... for many chapters, it just hangs.... wakes up a century or two later and nothing has changed... or not much?!? :blink: The anime seems way better... maybe it's just the look and feel of the story in motion with colors that really add to the story... as the manga is rather bleek looking...whereas the anime is really colorful usually... supposed to be androgynous, as in the manga they call each other 'he' mostly... if I remember correctly... but the character design looks rather 'she' to me.... though many in Japan are like that... I guess some of them do act rather masculine, and they all do look to have the same form, just different colors/chemically compositions... which really don't show up in the b/w manga... it really is a night and day difference... but so many chapters did much of nothing in the manga... and this ends with the next ep 12... so they will get no where near the 'action' of finding out WTF is going on.... not that it makes much sense in the manga, but 'meaning of life' questions don't seem to make it into reality much, even in anime or manga. :lol:

Ok, just thought of why they all look female to me! It's the skimpy little outfits most of them wear... not too many 'straight' dudes wearing those.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back