Bakuman Final series & Live-action

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: BAKUMAN. 3rd Series
Japanese: バクマン。 第3シリーズ
Airing date: 6/10/2012 (TV series final season, 25 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Drama, Slice of life
Original creator: Tsugumi Ohba
Original character designer: Takeshi Obata
Directors: Kenichi Kasai and Noriaki Akitaya
Written by: Reiko Yoshida
Music by: Audio Highs
Character designer and chief animation director: Tomoyuki Shitaya
Art director: Chikako Shibata
Sound director: Jun Watanabe
Director of photography: Kazuya Iwai
Color design by: Mayumi Tanahashi (S2) and Hiromi Okamoto (S1)
3DCG by: Tatsuhiko Taishiyaku (S3)
In-between animation by: Yuriko Maeda (S3)
Sound effects by: Kaori Yamada
Sound recording by: Ayumi Andō
Editing by: Masahiro Gotō
Studio: J.C. Staff
Network: NHK-E
Opening theme: "Moshimo no Hanashi" by nano.RIPE
2nd OP theme: "23:40" by Hyadain feat. Base Ball Bear
Ending theme: "♪Pride on Everyday (プライド・オン・エブリデイ)" by Sphere
2nd EN theme: "Yume Sketch" by JAM Project

Main cast: Moritaka Mashiro (真城 最高) by Atsushi Abe & Michael Sinterniklaas (EN)
Akito Takagi (高木 秋人) voiced by Satoshi Hino and Kevin T. Collins (EN)
Tōru Nanamine (七峰 透) voiced by Shinnosuke Tachibana
Miho Azuki (亜豆 美保) voiced by Saori Hayami and Stephanie Sheh (EN)
Kaya Miyoshi (見吉 香耶) voiced by Sayuri Yahagi and Amanda Shuckman (EN)
Other mangaka: Eiji Nizuma (新妻 エイジ) by Nobuhiko Okamoto & Robby Sharpe (E)
Shinta Fukuda (福田 真太) voiced by Junichi Suwabe

Kō Aoki (蒼樹 紅) voiced by Ayako Kawasumi
Kazuya Hiramaru (平丸 一也) voiced by Masakazu Morita
Aiko Iwase (岩瀬 愛子) voiced by Ayumi Fujimura and Veronica Taylor (EN)
Editors: Tatsuro Kosugi (小杉 達朗) voiced by Yūki Kaji
Akira Hattori (服部 哲) voiced by Kentarō Tone and Wayne Grayson (EN)
Hisashi Sasaki (佐々木尚) voiced by Kenyū Horiuchi and Dan Green (EN)
Kōji Yoshida (吉田 幸司) voiced by Takehito Koyasu
Yujirō Hattori (服部 雄二郎) voiced by Hirofumi Nojima and Chris Niosi (EN)
Sōichi Aida (相田聡一) voiced by Yūto Kazama
Gorō Miura (港浦 吾郎) voiced by Daisuke Kirii
TV PV: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/bakuman/3rd/co..._1730baku3_01_1
Official website: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/bakuman/index.html

Synopsis: Third season of Bakuman series, the story continues off with Mashiro and Takagi's Perfect Crime Party's serialization. Azuki receives an offer for an audition role in +Natural anime, but she is undecided due to a promise with Mashiro to cast as the female lead for the anime adaptation of his manga.

Necropinion: since 2010 Im hooked to this series because it reminds me Genshiken somewhat with the difference it was about university club members writing doujinshi, doing cosplay or playing videogames while Bakuman is better telling a more serious story of professional manga artists ^^ ...Tsugumi Ohba's and Takeshi Obata's manga ended back in April 23 this year so I wonder if this really will be final season, reason why I made an updated thread expecting S3 very highly and just watched episode 1 so I'll start with 9/10
laugh.gif

This was the show I was looking forward the most this season. They continued right where they left off last season and it was really easy to get into it again because things are the same as always. Kayas still hot (love her new hairstyle), I still hate Iwase, Saikou and Shujin are still a great team and Nizumi is still just awesome.
I really hope this wont be the last season.

Its good to see that Mihos and Mashiros relationship goes further and further even though its progress is slow.

as much as she's hated I pity Iwase falling for any guy that praises her talent -.- it must be some serious selfsteem issue of hers because the first season was Shujin, then Akira in S2 and now Nizuma oO I cant imagine them as a couple just like Aoki and Hiramaru but I guess is possible Ko likes Fukuda for helping with her manga... telling by the cliffhanger Eiji made a crossover of +Natural and Crow which means Ashirogi duo will be in trouble to compete against a most likely #1 rank one-shot, anyway I think Jack will not cancel them yet and while waiting for subs I watched a bit of the raw special "Deraman" but it seems as a recap of previous seasons
dry.gif

So they were saved from cancelation but after this the next big punch comes. I knew they wouldnt get an anime adaption, but for a different reason, it beeing that it doesnt suit the taste of current otaku and kids just dont have that much money so it probably wouldnt sell much. But well who knows if the tastes of the otaku in their world is the same as in ours.
If they wanted an anime adaption they shouldve gone for a shounen manga to begin with.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 28 2012, 02:33 AM) If they wanted an anime adaption they shouldve gone for a shounen manga to begin with.
Manga Spoiler: And of course, that's the next course of action and what I love about this show. It takes things in the appropriate steps and builds on it.

With episode 4, we hit the middle of volume 12. The third season is moving rather fast in comparison with season 1 (less than 5 volumes) and possibly even more so than season 2 (about 6-7 volumes). Considering there are 20 volumes of the manga and season 3 started at the end of volume 10/early volume 11, I really hope they don't try to rush things here. The OP video seems to be hinting this is the final season but I really hope that's not the case.

good to see Shiratori fighting his way to become a manga artist ^^ his sister is a hottie and his mom too but her attitude is sometimes like Iwase, what I don't understand since S1 is why they change company names and logos like "Jack" instead of Jump... or Shueisha replaced with "Yueisha" but don't rename titles or modify illustrations like Dragon Ball, One Piece or Naruto ¬¬ anyway was nice to watch the Leader Fest contest between the main magakas this time doing love one-shots
biggrin.gif

I watched the first 6 episodes of season 3 a few days back and remembered where I had left off in the manga. I went back to the manga and finished it off because it was so addictive.

Now I'm unsure where to watch this series episode by episode because it pretty much eats through the manga material quickly and skips certain things that lead to a certain event, however I'll finish this series because season 3 is most definitely the last season of the Bakuman anime.

I wonder what the Death Note and Bakuman duo going to do next.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Nov 23 2012, 04:18 PM) Now I'm unsure where to watch this series episode by episode because it pretty much eats through the manga material quickly and skips certain things that lead to a certain event, however I'll finish this series because season 3 is most definitely the last season of the Bakuman anime. yup I think so too and that's one of the reasons why i updated this recent thread, anyways I noticed in ep.7 at min 7:02 the silhouttes of 1. Yuusuke 2. Seiya 3. Goku 4. Kenshiro 5. Kenshin and at 7:19 Shujin doing a JoJo pose xD ...I'm not liking how long is taking to sub the new eps lately because it was really great with Hiramaru's confession and Aoki accepted, hell just frozen up o_O i can't wait for #8 to watch them as a couple and how the story will go on but it's still raw after half a week
dry.gif

now that Toru's arc is over the 2nd half of S3 just began ^^ telling by the new OP and ED flashbacks from previous seasons this may be indeed its final series, not only the rivality of Ashirogi's duo and Eiji is back at full force but also with the other mangakas to not lose after he asked to cancel his own manga Crow... lately anytime the Aoki and Hiramaru's relationship shows up it leads to many hilarious situations specially when his manipulative editor Yoshida is involved, his seiyuu is the same one who voiced Dio and Sugou after all xD also the return of a chubbier Nakai adds to the comedy while becoming her assistant again
laugh.gif

Just marathoned last eps of S2 and first 7 eps of S3. I dont know why I ever stopped watching. Actually, I didnt want to watch the Tanto arc and Shiratori arc but I'm surprised that the anime handled it very briskly because in the manga it felt like forever.

Now Im on to Nanamine. I think this is a subtle criticism on commercial creativity i.e making stuff by committee.

While S1 was good. S2 and S3 really start to shine as the ensemble cast assemble. As true of the anime as it is in the manga, the comedy pairing of Mr Yoshida and Hiramaru is second to none. I really do laugh out loud whenever they have a skit. I cant remember if they did this is the manga but the way the anime only shows Yoshida's lower face just adds to the humour.

Cant wait to finish the rest.

And we'rrrrrrrre done.

Caught up to the latest episode. I guess Bakuman is great when you can just blast through it.

So finally Reversi aka Death Note, their magnum opus is created. I love how they dissect the creative processes.

It is funny...slice of life really isnt my genre but the touches they to the anime are masterful.

I wish I was as earnest and as hardworking as AM but I am completely like Hiramaru. I will do anything to get out of work except I dont have an exploitative boss to motivate me.

Oh well, judging by how they are just breezing through the manga I dont expect season 4 to be longer than 13 episodes. But it is kind of weird how they just cut out Ryu SHizuka from the anime.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 02 2013, 09:50 PM)So finally Reversi aka Death Note, their magnum opus is created. I love how they dissect the creative processes.

It is funny...slice of life really isnt my genre but the touches they to the anime are masterful.

Oh well, judging by how they are just breezing through the manga I dont expect season 4 to be longer than 13 episodes. But it is kind of weird how they just cut out Ryu SHizuka from the anime.
QUOTE (franzoir @ Feb 25 2013, 09:45 AM)While S1 was good. S2 and S3 really start to shine as the ensemble cast assemble. As true of the anime as it is in the manga, the comedy pairing of Mr Yoshida and Hiramaru is second to none. I really do laugh out loud whenever they have a skit. I cant remember if they did this is the manga but the way the anime only shows Yoshida's lower face just adds to the humour.I totally agree xD as I posted here previously I have enjoyed episodes involving Hiramaru in wacky situations but so far ep.22 is the best of this series IMO, now that Reversi will get an anime adaptation finally Mashiro's dream comes true celebrating with Akito and Miyoshi but there are obstacles to overcome first... also i'm so glad to see Miho is getting more screentime this s3 ^^ she's doing her best memorizing and rehearsing the manga for her audition to voice Naho, though I doubt they'll do a short 4th season as the finale (which means it'll be rushed with only 3 episodes left) but probably it'll be a movie or OVA instead
wink.gif

at last just found ep.23 subbed and as expected this time was focused on Miho mainly ^^ though, is obvious that she gets the role after a very long way and fulfills her dream to marry Mashiro but overall this series isnt that predictable... one of the reasons I enjoy it so much as I was surprised to see her win the poll by such a great margin, instead of barely winning against the other seiyuus o_O with this result i'm even more doubtful that it'll get S4 but i hope to be wrong
tongue.gif

Wow they cut so much out of the manga. Not that I'm complaining. Most of it was fluff and I'm glad this way Nanamine's character will have a redemptive end. Either way with the title of next weeks episode being dreams and reality means that S3 is definitely the last season.

About this episode, I have always said that the most important character in the series is Hattori. Infact O&O may have created this series just to show Jump that this is how an ideal editor should be and this is how Jump should operate. Anyway you slice it Reversi is definitely Death Note. When you think about the corporate nonsense and Near and Mello miscellaneous crap, this episode just clearly shows how much the authors creativity was stifled by Jump's commercial pursuits (a fate I fear which had also befallen Bleach during the arrancar arc).

I can only imagine what Death Note would have been if they had an editor like Hattori. As it stands, I think I would go Bakuman>Death Note. With Bakuman's meta sensibilties, creative insight and genuine love of manga as an art form, I think in the annals of time those universal themes will place it above Death Note (or maybe that is wishful thinking).

Cant wait for the last episode to air. It has been a genuine joy to watch.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 26 2013, 01:53 AM)Wow they cut so much out of the manga. Not that I'm complaining. Most of it was fluff and I'm glad this way Nanamine's character will have a redemptive end. Either way with the title of next weeks episode being dreams and reality means that S3 is definitely the last season.

Cant wait for the last episode to air. It has been a genuine joy to watch.after watching the final ep.25 today for me this is the best TV series since the 2nd half of last year next to Fate/Zero, followed closely by Shin Sekai Yori and Psycho-Pass ^^ in fact S3 was even better than previous 2 seasons (also best OP2 & ED2)... still I don't discard that they'll make at least a movie (Miho and Saiko's wedding) or live actions like were done with their magnum opus Death Note, DN The Last Name and L Changes The World but maybe it'll be a long TV dorama if they don't want to rush the story in a few hours ¬¬

Bakuman (TV series 1st season 25 episodes) fall 2010 to winter 2011 - 8/10
Bakuman 2 (TV series 2nd season 25 eps) fall 2011 to winter 2012 - 9/10
Deraman (TV special recap of S1 and S2) summer 2012 - 7/10
Bakuman 3 (TV series 3rd season 25 eps) fall 2012 to winter 2013 - 10/10

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 02 2013, 11:43 AM)after watching the final ep.25 today for me this is the best TV series since the 2nd half of last year next to Fate/Zero, followed closely by Shin Sekai Yori and Psycho-Pass ^^ in fact S3 was even better than previous 2 seasons (also best OP2 & ED2)... still I don't discard that they'll make at least a movie (Miho and Saiko's wedding) or live actions like were done with their magnum opus Death Note, DN The Last Name and L Changes The World but maybe it'll be a long TV dorama if they don't want to rush the story in a few hours ¬¬

Bakuman (TV series 1st season 25 episodes) fall 2010 to winter 2011 - 8/10
Bakuman 2 (TV series 2nd season 25 eps) fall 2011 to winter 2012 - 9/10
Deraman (TV special recap of S1 and S2) summer 2012 - 7/10
Bakuman 3 (TV series 3rd season 25 eps) fall 2012 to winter 2013 - 10/10
Oh I love Bakuman. Very relaxing to watch. I even bought the Otter 11 one
shot which was hilarious. Bittersweet to see the manga and anime now are finish.

Last episode was great. Everytime, I see Mashiro pull up in a Ferrari just makes me laugh. It is way too flamboyant for his character. Also the brief shots of Reversi's OP, anime and ED was awesome. Especially the nice little tip off to Death Note.

Even though DeathNote matches up my anime preferences more, I still say Bakuman is better than Death Note. I enjoy meta stories and the insight into the creative process really has been invaluable.

I love seeing the meta-mangas. All of the ideas had potential for full serialisation. I wouldnt mind a one shot of Money, Intelligence and Beauty.

Very hard to decide on a favourite character because they all had their moments. I feel like Fuukada was a very underrated character. However, the lazy mangaka and abusive editor that is a Hiramaru and Yoshida is a flash of genius.

Through it all though this still remains my favourite moment:
tumblr_mf76ajLKZk1robb2lo1_500.gif

Anything that indulges my nostalgia is an instant win.

Bakuman S1: 7/10
Bakuman S2: 8/10
Bakuman S3: 9/10

I sure will miss this.

As the name implies, Bakuman 3 is third season of the Bakuman franchise that began running in 2010. As it is the third season of a long running title, I will skip most of the introduction since viewers watching at this point are either completionists or obviously fans of the series. Bakuman 3 began airing in Fall 2012 and ran for 25 episodes to end in March 2013. Unlike the first two series, Bakuman 3 was neither simulcasted nor licensed for release in the US. The first season was licensed and partially released in the US before dropping the licensed. The second season was licensed but never released prior to the dropping of the license. Note: I have completed reading the manga prior to watching this series so there may be some bias in my review.

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." Bakuman is romance, slice of life series with a shounen twist thrown in. The third season continues immediately where Bakuman 2 left off with very little time spared on "flashbacks" to help audience members recall the cliffhanging events. Having read the manga, I can say I'm not too happy with the way the third and final season was adapted. The basic story is there but a lot of arcs were thrown out that would help expand on a number of character relationships, including the protagonists'. To keep it simple, pacing was garbage. The drama and emotion that built up in season 2 was effectively perfect, covering about 2-3 chapters of the manga per episode while keeping the story flowing quite nicely. Season 3 had us covering close to 5 chapters per episode if not skipping/jumping volumes at time. The strongest aspects of Bakuman and Bakuman was the gradual development and buildup of events as it really keeps the suspense going while flushing out various bits and pieces of characters. Here? A lot of it is missing, particularly in the final stretch of Reversi vs. Zombie Gun and Miho's scandal. I recall these being very interesting events while reading the manga as they are too some degree realistic. Yet, the series rushes right past them in 2-3 episodes as if nothing had happened. Contrasting to the previous seasons where events occurred over a longer period of time, it didn't really allow the emotion, build up, and/or results of the third season to sink in properly. That said, Bakuman 3 doesn't lose its touch entirely but its certainly lacking the impact it used to have considering it is competing with Chihayafuru for the second year in a row.

Art has generally remained unchanged between the second and third seasons. Character designs and animation seem to have slipped in quality every now and then, which is surprising when you consider the amount of shows J.C. Staff was working on in one season around this time last year (hint, think A-1 Pictures this season). Regardless, this is one of the more enjoyable J.C. Staff titles as of late, especially when you look at its same season competition the last two seasons (e.g. Little Busters!, Dangerous Jii-san, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo), the latter of which is still okay though but more on that in another review.

Music wise, OP1 is okay but doesn't really fit with the series. OP2 is terrible despite by Hyadain, but to some extent fitting with the series. I still prefer Dream of Life from season 2 as the best OP. ED1 is good by sphere but I definitely prefer Tommy Heavenly6's ED from season 2. ED2 is by a surprising JAM PROJECT. It's a song that is generally slow for them yet still decent. Background music and sound effects have not changed since season 2. Seiyuu also hasn't changed. If anything, Saori Hayami continues to only impress me even more.

Enjoyment? Coming into the series, I expected a 4th season to wrap things up given they were only half way through the manga and especially since the latter half of the manga is where things really got good. Unfortunately, J.C. Staff and co. often likes to ruin parties and end their franchises with 3 seasons (I'm looking at you Shakugan no Shana). Bakuman fell into the same trap. As a result, I can't say I'm too impressed with some of the stuff that was left out vs. others that were kept in. There were far more interesting developments that could have occurred in the middle and the staff mostly chose the most random ones. The series definitely lost me around the turn of the season until Reversi finally kicked in as well as the series's final arc. The finale wasn't bad but I was hoping they would at least stretch it out a little more given its "significance."

Overall, Bakuman has had quite the 75 episode journey over the past 2.5 years. Some people don't really classify the series as a shounen title due to the lack of action, but personally, I think it's one of the better titles, especially when you consider titles like Bleach only serves to troll you now until the end of time. Bakuman shows that you don't need an overly long series to get a good series. 20 volumes is a lot but it really flushes out a fair amount of detail in each volume and makes each one an interesting read (though the Tanto arc in the manga was terrible whereas the anime was actually okay). The story is generally streamlined with a few sidetracks every now and then to really development all the characters introduced. For what it's worth, I enjoyed Bakuman due to its (ironically) "down-to-Earth" approach. Good shounen titles don't have to be all battle is basically the moral of the story here and while the anime adaptation is far from perfect, it's better than 70-80% of the other titles that aired over the last 2-3 years.

Preliminary Score: 8/10
Final Score: 8/10

Season 1: 8/10
Season 2: 9/10
Season 3: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Bakuman Film, also a new Death Note live action sequel confirmed after dorama

Release dates: 3/10/2015 (theatrical movie) and 20/4/2016 (BR/DVD)
Directed and written by: Hitoshi Ōne
Music by: Sakanaction
Produced by: Minami Ichikawa
Studio: Toho
Theme song: "Shin Takarajima (新宝島 / New Treasure Island)" by Sakanaction

Saikō / Moritaka Mashiro (真城 最高) played by Takeru Satoh
Shūjin / Akito Takagi (高木 秋人) played by Ryunosuke Kamiki
Miho Azuki (亜豆 美保) played by Nana Komatsu
Mc:
Eiji Nizuma (新妻 エイジ) played by Shōta Sometani
Shinta Fukuda (福田 真太) played by Kenta Kiritani
Kazuya Hiramaru (平丸 一也) played by Hirofumi Arai
OM:
Tarō Kawaguchi / Nobuhiro Mashiro (真城 信弘) played by Kankuro Kudo
Takurō Nakai (中井 巧朗) played by Sarutoki Minagawa
Akira Hattori (服部 哲) played by Takayuki Yamada
Edt:
Hisashi Sasaki (佐々木尚) played by Lily Franky
TV PV:
Official website: Manga HP:

Synopsis:
Moritaka Mashiro (Takeru Satoh) doesn't want to follow in the path of his uncle who worked as a manga artist, but ultimately died because of exhaustion. Moritaka Mashiro figures he will graduate from school and work at an office. Things change though when falls in love with a girl at school. The girl, who hopes to become a voice actress, tells Moritaka they can marry, but only after they both achieve their dreams. Moritaka then teams up with fellow classmate Akito Takagi (Ryunosuke Kamiki) to publish their first manga.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Apr 02 2013, 01:26 PM)I sure will miss this.
QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 02 2013,11:43 AM)still I don't discard that they'll make at least a movie (Miho and Saiko's wedding) or live actions like were done with their magnum opus Death Note, DN The Last Name and L Changes The World but maybe it'll be a long TV dorama if they don't want to rush the storFound it 3 years after my prediction, too bad Miyoshi and others aren't there
sleep.gif

Thanks... I watched bakuman... which was rather well made, outside of the typical 'their group' dominates the scene... otherwise informative.... nice way to learn things... sort of how kids can be taught their alphabet in song etc.
Shirobako was more interesting for me, as I've never been into manga.... with anime, the manga looks like just the storyboard.... sometimes little to no difference though.
Shirobako could use another season.... expand into other genres perhaps that their studio works on..?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back