General Games Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

TNT

-nii
Retired
Do any of you game? On what system, what genre or if you dont, why not?
happy.gif

I play on pc and I dont really have a favorite genre (although I do like to play beat em ups like KOF). At the moment im busy with Silent hill 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 Urban Chaos.
happy.gif

hell yhea i game... FF11 is my big mmorpg.. used to play diablo 2 and everquest.. still play everquest (1 of course) every now and then but not too often now... Guilty Gear is always up there... Sides that, whatever interests me... I lean towards rpg's but if the game has a vivid storyline and nice playability, ill pick it up

Also own every consol out there sides Xbox and Nin64.. just cause I hate those two... (including atari)

Xbox is a beautiful machine, but nobody out there has tapped it's full potential.. maybe when Xbox 2 comes out (all 3 versions) they may get some decent programers...

damn studan, ur rich! hadnt gotten a new console after my ever faithful (but now departed) Family Computer (long live Mario Bros. 3!)

im more of a PC gamer into strategy and rpgs. hadnt been playing recently though but my last were Sims 2, Port Royale 2 and the MMORPG Tantra

i'm not as much into games as i was in the past, but i still own a gamecube.. i love strategy games like starcraft (i know it's getting old but it's still awesome
wink.gif
) and RPGs, especially Chrono Trigger (this one's VERY old, but it's awesomeness from beginning to end..) and the legend of zelda..

And then i love many different kinds of action games like f-zero gx, unreal tournament, soul calibur 2 / tekken series, tony hawk pro skater, that kinda' stuff.

and i'm sure i forgot about some game, but it doesn't matter =)
/jp

I'm a pretty well-rounded player. I own all 3 next gen consoles, and Im gettin' PSP. I hate PC games, cause, well, I do

The game I'm most seriously playing now is NBA Street V.3

Games? now your talking!

I have all the curent Gen sysytems, but i only use the PS2 for games which get little in the way of "mass market acceptance". Fav game on the Ps2 include

Ico
ZotE2
Star Ocean
Disgea
Gitaroo Man
Freak Out
Frequency
Virtual On
Front Mission 4
Xenosaga
Rez
Ring of Red

Ill use XboX to go online and shoot things mainly, but i also like to mix things up a bit with some driving. Fav games for the Xbox

Halo 2
Burnout 3

Cube is my fav purely becasue of all the quality titles that nintendo themselves make.. too many favs to list!

QUOTE (shasla @ Feb 21 2005, 07:49 AM) Cube is my fav purely becasue of all the quality titles that nintendo themselves make.. too many favs to list!
Recommend something then, the last game I bought for it was Tales of Symphonia. I already own Pikamen, Wind waker, Mario sunshine and already played Smash bros. melee, Timesplitters 2, Metriod Prime, FIFA 2002 and Burnout. The christmas releases weren't that great either. Are there any must play titles that I'm missing?

Got the 3 current systems but I think I prefer PS2 the most for the large number of anime related games. I usually play alot of RPG's but here recently I've not had much free time so I've just been playing Dynasty Warriors 4 and Gundam: Encounters In Space.

As far as computer games...meh most bore me. I love Ragnarok Online however....in fact...*goes to sign in*

Just C cause the other systems are too expensive in my country. Furthermore my pC is getting VERY old so now I just play shitty games

hmm.. i started with family computer. the mario series of course.

then i moved to snes.
i like the donkey kongs, marios, super bombermans and zelda.
my favorite snes games were metal warriors and chrono trigger.

then, ps1
i loved a lot of rpgs in it. too many to enumerate
i was also a fan of the tekken series.
but my favorite game was symphony of the night

gba,
the 3 castlevanias hehe.
advanced wars
and more..

xbox
my brother bought a lot of games but i was only interested in halo 2

ps2
only recently was able to buy it because of the shortage nation wide. so i just have a handful of games like lament of innocence, san andreas, kingdom hearts, wild arms 3

no game cube T_T

pc..
warcraft3 frozen throne, counter strike, quake
i tried WoW and ragnarok online but never got addicted.

well I have atari, nes, snes, sega saturn, n64, gba, gamegear, ps2...

with a nice compliment of games for each. I like alot of games if you cant tell already... X_X

also for PC, HL2 (and all the mods), starcraft[bw], wc3, d2, halo, tons of emulators and a few others that I dont play as much...

I love rts, rpg the most probably with fps/fighters after that.. too many games to list really but ps2 is definitly my favorite of the consoles

QUOTE (Coolio @ Feb 21 2005, 09:33 AM) Recommend something then, the last game I bought for it was Tales of Symphonia. I already own Pikamen, Wind waker, Mario sunshine and already played Smash bros. melee, Timesplitters 2, Metriod Prime, FIFA 2002 and Burnout. The christmas releases weren't that great either. Are there any must play titles that I'm missing?
Resi 4, Beaten Kaitos, Paper Mario 2, Donkey Konga! Those are ones i would recomend as worthy enough a reason to buy a Cube, so if you havent played them what are you waiting for!

@coolio.
Baiten Kaitos my friend.. the battle system is addictive as hell! the game itself is ehhh.. but I love battling for hours on that game! I love tales too

acctually somewhat disapointed... being only about 20% quality at fullscreen mode.... And u can't make bahamut that short!!! HES THE MAN! errm.. well yah know what I mean... Still anticipating 7-2 tho... all 4 promos of advent children show promise :)

The dirge of Cerebus (sp?) , thats more Hack 'n slash than RPG.

A cookie to anyone how can name the mobile phone spin off of FF vii that was only available for one handset.
happy.gif

QUOTE (shasla @ Feb 21 2005, 03:48 PM) The dirge of Cerebus (sp?) , thats more Hack 'n slash than RPG.

A cookie to anyone how can name the mobile phone spin off of FF vii that was only available for one handset.
happy.gif

Before Crisis, wasn't it? Or Crisis Core? I get the two confused.
tongue.gif
I'm also looking forward to Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus... If DC is anywhere near as good as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, I'm sure to get it.

I've got a DS, PS2, and 'cube.

Coolio, as shasla said, Resident Evil 4, Baten Kaitos, Paper Mario 2, Donkey Konga are all great games... Some people disliked Baten Kaitos because of the battle system, but it's still pretty good. Also, you can't forget Metroid Prime 2 and, of course, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2.

I'm currently playing Viewtiful Joe 2 on the 'cube, and am looking forward to FF12, Devil May Cry 3, the entire FF7 Compilation Project, and certainly the new Zelda and Mario games.

~ SP

VJ on adult mode is SUPER hard, but a worthy game, it feels really fresh. Also i notcied Soul Calibur was'nt on your list Coolio, the GC version is the best (link is the most interesting and well balanced character out of all three console exclusives).

Beaten Kaitos has a turn based Card battling system which also has elements of real time in it, takes a while to get used to but is realy worthwhile, and the graphics are really pretty
tongue.gif
(Voice Acting sucks though..
blink.gif
)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back