1618 replies to this topic

#61 TNT

TNT

-nii

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:21 AM

Yes, you said that already, but why? happy.gif What did it do wrong?

Nope, i dont have any gamecube games on my comp.
user posted image
Aku wa yurusan!

#62 Coolio

Coolio

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (sasha @ Mar 12 2005, 07:20 PM)
Remember the new GBA game? The Minish Cap?

What a crap take at a game. I got the ROM and it sucks. Geez, it's like they've taken all the junk out of the trash and stuck it together to make a wannabe sort of game. It's not even a game. It's like a movie. Not even that. It's like a... A...

What a crap reason for hating a game dry.gif. All I hear about the game is that it's too short and that comes from veterans who have completed the other games.

#63 sasha

sasha

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts
  • Interests:I love anime, myself, my big brother and my little sister.

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:41 AM

I just wanted a better storyline, more characters, more challenge. Those mini-people are like pokemon. I think it's a bit low.

I'm downloading heaps more now happy.gif

Mario Party 4, Mario Party 6, Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Alien Hominid, Naruto Gek... Thingo 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Bomberman Land, Resident Evil 4, Cobra 4... Hah, my harddrive will want a rest after all this smile.gif
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

#64 darkdog

darkdog

-dredg

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Interests:anime (seriously!! i'm not kiddin'!), music (hard rock, alt rock, "nu metal", progressive rock, etc etc) and sheep above all.

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:22 PM

nope, i only use a pure gc! i won't use roms for anything better than a SNES.. tongue.gif and TNT, Zelda games are for a specific audience.. most of the people don't have the pacience to play it smile.gif i do, so i love it!

/jp
~ such a shame, my defenses have become my own restrictions... ~ [ lostprophets ]
~ my best days will never be behind me, my best days will never cease to find me.. ~ [XthrowdownX]
user posted image

#65 SpacePirate

SpacePirate

-ecchi ja arimasen

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

The Minish cap was far too easy, and had a very weak story. The main villain was horrendously weak, nowhere near as fearsome as Ganon.

I played through it on and off in less than a week, getting all but 3 heart pieces, all the figurines, and, of course, 0 deaths (but I always have 0 deaths, and it's not like they're keeping track anymore. sad.gif)

Getting the items and progressing through the game just wasn't as satisfying as it should have been. It's still fun to play through, but I'm going to sell it once I go back to EB.

@Sasha: I still don't see why everyone hates Pokémon now... I loved the shows, and loved the first games... I'm disappointed that they were so weak after the Red and Blue versions, but such is life.

~ SP
Eat blazing electric death!

Currently watching Fate/Stay Night, Bleach, Mai Otome, Marchen Awakens Romance (MAR), Blood +, Black Cat, Shakugan no Shana, and Ginban Kaleidoscope.

Also, Starship Operators, Glass Mask 2005, The Law of Ueki, Rozen Maiden Traumend, Solty Rei, Sousei no Aquarion, Eureka 7,and Gun X Sword, whenever these are released...

Looking forward to: Kage Kara Mamorou, Futari Wa Precure Splash Star, Ergo Proxy, Shinigami no Ballad, Daimahotoge, The Third, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yutsu, Witchblade, XXXHolic, Ju oh Sei, SCHOOL RUMBLE 2!

#66 nekronos

nekronos

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:soccer, volleyball, running, ultimate frisbee, cars, girls, friends, anime, gaming, software engineering, website design

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:57 PM

its called marketing :/ just like dbz and now halo, as well as a few rpgs now, they try to milk it for all its worth.

and i only use roms for older systems that are hard to get a hold of like nes, snes and maybe neogeo or a few older ones including atari.
user posted image
user posted image
"Ye Shall Be God's"

#67 TNT

TNT

-nii

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (darkdog @ Mar 14 2005, 06:22 AM)
nope, i only use a pure gc! i won't use roms for anything better than a SNES.. tongue.gif and TNT, Zelda games are for a specific audience.. most of the people don't have the pacience to play it smile.gif i do, so i love it!

/jp

Oh, so you're saying that there is a whole different type of patience needed for Zelda than that there is needed for other rpg's, adventure games and stealth games like hitman? *imagine sarcasm smilie here*
Ill agree that its for a special audience, I have played through the Snes and the N64 games of Zelda, I just didnt like them that much.

@ Spacepirate I like pokemon, the latest games werent bad, they are just missing all of my favorites. sad.gif And how can it be Pokemon without Team Rocket? laugh.gif

user posted image
Aku wa yurusan!

#68 sasha

sasha

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:03 AM

Yeah. They totally ruined the idea.

What does everyone think of Mario? I can't wait for Mario 128 on the GC. At the moment I've got Mario 64 DS, and it's not so bad actually, but I've played it before, so it is a bit... old.
user posted image

#69 TNT

TNT

-nii

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:01 AM

Im neutral towards Mario. Ive tried Mario 64 on an emulator and once on a real N64, it was fun, but not a reason for me to buy a DS just yet.
I really like some of the 2d Mario games. happy.gif Super mario bros 3 for the nes is my fav. happy.gif
user posted image
Aku wa yurusan!

#70 darkdog

darkdog

-dredg

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Interests:anime (seriously!! i'm not kiddin'!), music (hard rock, alt rock, "nu metal", progressive rock, etc etc) and sheep above all.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:22 PM

i got kinda' tired of platform games.. so i like mario, but i don't care much about it!

and tnt, you should have said you enjoyed other rpgs before wink.gif and was the N64 game you played majora's mask or ocarina of time? ocarina of time is amazing in my opinion... ooh, the shivers from the forest dungeon (with the old link) biggrin.gif ooh, the final version of ganon!!! hell, that was awesome..

/jp
~ such a shame, my defenses have become my own restrictions... ~ [ lostprophets ]
~ my best days will never be behind me, my best days will never cease to find me.. ~ [XthrowdownX]
user posted image

#71 nekronos

nekronos

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:soccer, volleyball, running, ultimate frisbee, cars, girls, friends, anime, gaming, software engineering, website design

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:57 PM

yes, the old zelda's were something, ocarina of time particularly and the old ones of the nes and snes days, majora's was good but doesn't touch ocarina
user posted image
user posted image
"Ye Shall Be God's"

#72 darkdog

darkdog

-dredg

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:54 AM

i love wind waker as well, i just think it's a little too short.. but parts like when you go underwater, to hyrule, when the enemies are frozen.. and then you have to take care of all of them biggrin.gif.. that was just great!

Besides, wind waker's story had a major difference from all the others -- it wasn't a plain "good Vs evil" thing. well, it is at first, but on the end sequence they give you a different perspective of things... and i really liked that, it might be a premise to a Zelda with an original story!

when it comes to the N64 games though, ocarina of time is, hands down, the best. by a long shot. its dungeons and battles were incredible..

/jp
user posted image

#73 sasha

sasha

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:54 AM

There are rumors going around that Zelda: Wind Waker has two endings. Can anyone understand/prove this?
user posted image

#74 TNT

TNT

-nii

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (darkdog @ Mar 15 2005, 06:22 AM)
i got kinda' tired of platform games.. so i like mario, but i don't care much about it!

and tnt, you should have said you enjoyed other rpgs before wink.gif and was the N64 game you played majora's mask or ocarina of time? ocarina of time is amazing in my opinion... ooh, the shivers from the forest dungeon (with the old link) biggrin.gif ooh, the final version of ganon!!! hell, that was awesome..

/jp

I couldve said that, but then I wouldnt have been able to use sarcasm. happy.gif Besides, it didnt matter at that point. wink.gif
I tried both Ocarina and Majora. Yes, the final form of Ganon looked cool, but was a bit to easy to beat. Ocarina of time is ok, not sure which I like better. Those fairies in the fountains in those Zeldas look scarier than Ganon. ph34r.gif
user posted image
Aku wa yurusan!

#75 ultima2096

ultima2096

-kun

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:lots of anime, a bit of manga, playing music, love music, hockey, tennis, gaming, university, and studying japanese language.<br><br>MAIL: [email protected]

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:13 PM

i thought ocarina of time was alot better, the game lasted for so much longer, but then again you couldnt roll around as a goron!!
anyone played phantasy star on cube?
user posted image
Retired: Kinda

#76 Zzenlek

Zzenlek

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, videogames, programming, game design, and cheese. Gotta have the cheese.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:38 AM

I game on PS/PS2, Gamecube, SNES, GBA, DS, and PC. I'm not really into Xbox much. It just seems as though too many of it's games are meant to be reallistic looking. I just feel it needs more of a variety of games. I mostly play on the PS2 Game Cube and PC. I don't have many PC games, but I found a few free MMORPGs I like and I LOVE playing Star Wars PC games. The genres I'm into are RPGs, Strategic RPGs (such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Phantom Brave, Advance Wars, etc.), MMORPGs/MMOs, Platformers, Adventure, Action, Fighting (Wish there were more good ones out there. I can hardly wait untill I can get the Naruto ones.), and puzzle games (such as Tetris and Bubble Bobble/Bust-a-Move. Those two are so addicting.) I mostly play RPG, puzzle, and wacky games like Ape Escape. I'm not really into sports games. I don't like many horror games. The ones I do like alot though are the Silent Hill and Clock Tower series. I also love playing multiplayer games like Mario Party and the newest Ape Escape party game.

Anyone ever play any of the Wild Arms series? Oh, man. I can't wait for the next game in the series.

#77 SpacePirate

SpacePirate

-ecchi ja arimasen

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

I spent hours playing PSO on the Dreamcast, but never touched it on the 'cube... That was the only massively multiplayer online game I've ever played, and I enjoyed the story and design quite a bit. Come to think of it, I never beat the game, so I'll probably pick it up on the cube one of these days, just for my ego's sake. tongue.gif

~ SP

Currently watching Fate/Stay Night, Bleach, Mai Otome, Marchen Awakens Romance (MAR), Blood +, Black Cat, Shakugan no Shana, and Ginban Kaleidoscope.

Also, Starship Operators, Glass Mask 2005, The Law of Ueki, Rozen Maiden Traumend, Solty Rei, Sousei no Aquarion, Eureka 7,and Gun X Sword, whenever these are released...

Looking forward to: Kage Kara Mamorou, Futari Wa Precure Splash Star, Ergo Proxy, Shinigami no Ballad, Daimahotoge, The Third, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yutsu, Witchblade, XXXHolic, Ju oh Sei, SCHOOL RUMBLE 2!

#78 shasla

shasla

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

Hazarh! Bleach arrive for my PSP today! its like a 3d fighter, very simple combo's but i likle bleach so i dont care, and all the menus are english bonus!

that is all.
user posted image

#79 SpacePirate

SpacePirate

-ecchi ja arimasen

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

Heh, awesome. Is there a story mode at all? If there was, I'd expect it to be in Japanese anyways, so you're probably out of luck in that department.

~ SP

#80 shasla

shasla

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:34 PM

Just the usual wafer thin story line you get in beat 'em ups, and yes its in Jap..

Jus press square to skip haha. 6 characters aint a lot to braga bout though, mind you there arent really any more fully fleshed out characters in the anime (havent read the manga tho..)
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users