Question for boys

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

TheLastSayonara

-chan
Kouhai
any guys in here ever cry in front of a girl??
is it true that the society force a guy not to express their emotion??
i mean as i understand, man are solitary.. most of them don't show emotions.. when they show emotions in front of people, the society claims them as weak.. not tough.. and being a girl *since girl cry all the time ^^*.. when they're hurt, they prefer to be alone and do w/e they want...

Wow, and here comes the stereotypes again!
Each person is different. Some are more emotional other are less emotional. By emotional, I meanshowing their emotions.

I would like to quote a part of a class I attended on neuro science and emotions. (don't ask what I was doing there, long story). Humans ARE emotional behings. There are know cases where people had brain damage to the par tof the brain responsible for emotions (forward left part of the brain if my memory is correct, but that should be checked). Anyway, the point is those people were no longer able to make rational decisions. For instance, there was a financial broker to who it happend and he was buying literally anything. When talking to him, he seemed perfectly rational. He was by no mean stupid. He actually knew he was making bad choices but he was not able to actually decide not to try it.

There were a few more cases. Curently, if there is one thing most researcher agree on, is that humans cannot make decisions without emotions.

Showing emotions is another matter. Most peolpe don't like showing their emotions at large(guy or girl). That is usally true from the time you grow out of childhood. But when you are only surounded with people you are close to, most people will find it acceptable to show feelings. I did in my life cry in front of others (and of a girl as well). But it does not mean that if someone insults me on the street I will start crying!!

This whole men don't cry and women cry for nothing approach is really dying. I have to admit I never heard that from anyone I know ever since I was borned. People of our parents age probably heard it more.

Of course, it must depends where you live. But as far as Quebec is concerned I would say that belief is preatty gone.

I have never cried in front of a girl. I will cry in front of my wife when we get married. It does not make you less of a man if you show your emotions to your significant other or girlfriend I think its ok.

QUOTE (TheLastSayonara @ Apr 11 2006, 12:44 PM) *since girl cry all the time ^^*
I nearly cried last year, and that was because a friend's mother had just died of cancer, and it freaked all my friends out because I've never gotten close to crying before in public. I don't even cry much when I'm alone. That is a huge sterotype and is not true for me, or many girls I know.

In fact, if a girl cries "all the time" as you said, it makes her look weak and people look down on her. There are some girls who do cry more than others, and it gets to a point where you just go "oh, it's her again" and go on with life (harsh, but true in some cases)

Personally I do believe crying makes you weaker in front of others. Culture maybe, so I wont cry in front of a woman. And by the way, I wont cry in front of anyone (male or female)

it's not like i'm always capable of controlling myself.. i obviously try not to cry, it's not something i enjoy doing, but i have cried in front of a girl when i decided to break up.. and i really don't care if i cry or not, i can feel embarassed if people see me crying, but it's not like i'm weaker because of that. it's just that i show my feelings in a different way..

some people don't cry but flip out when anything bad happens to them -- i'm stronger than that...

/jp

answer to the q.: No.

i |usually don't|/|rarely| show any emotions to anyone
biggrin.gif
- though i use a lot of smilies...^__^

I cry all the time and i'm a guy. Do i cry in public nope, The only time i cryed in front of my family was twice once when my grandpa died and onces with i slit my wrist. I would cry in front of my significant other though..... .my family raised me not to cry or else 1.) i'd be a baby or 2.) they'd give me something to cry about.

interesting question... i'll answer, even tho im a grl
tongue.gif

i do cry A LOT.... i'll cry during movies, during tv shows, books, magazines, you name it...... but i rarely cry when i dont get my way, someone insults me, etc... i don't think it makes me look weak.... it shows that i have empathy
smile.gif

there's a very real stereotype when it comes to crying for boys and girls.... i have to say that i'm actually quite guilty.... i think its okay when my girlfriends cry but when my boyfriend does (like over something really trivial), i just wanna be like, suck it up!!

ive found that many girls want a "sensitive guy" who can cry, but when they really do get one who cries, they'll think it is kinda weird....

when you tooo sad, youll cry. Me... Nope, nope me.... I stand alone.... Ya...haa....

you saw Broke back Mountain dude? how was it, and you cried?
well i never seen it
i don't like to get too emotionally attached to movies, so i usually dont cry
but sometimes i may get sad or at least down, but its a good chance i wont
show it.....

I would like to say i am too macho and have never cried in front of a girl but the truth is theres been 2 times that people have seen me cry...

1 - With my best friend (girl) when my parents split up
tongue.gif
im cool with it now though....yea double presents! (I kid to mask the pain haha
cool.gif
)

2 - After my last varsity basketball game cause i averaged 23 points a game and in my last game i didnt score and broke my wrist and pinky in the 2nd quarter (Kept playen though
biggrin.gif
) but in the locker room when all the seniors where sayin bye we all kinda shed a tear......shit happens!

But i'm 19 now and dont anticipate ever crying in front of someone again ...or at all really because other then those 2 times ive never really been close.....

And Anime doesnt make me cry....it makes me go "HOLY **** did Spike just hit the deck!" or, "......ok seriously wheres the last episode of Eva?"

i feel like i just went back in time.......

first lemme TRY to answer your question of.....QUOTE* "is it true that the society force a guy not to express their emotion?"

since we're in an anime site....i'll use anime references....ever watch Gundam Seed...cmon i know u hav....if u hav then.... remeber how many scenes u saw a guy cry?.

MANY MANY Times!!

Sooooo.....if the societies were trying to promote that "MALES NEVER CRY" why would Japan and North America (or any other places that show this) have millions of ppl watch this?? Wouldn't that suggest to the viewers that "its ok to cry if you're a guy?"

another thing.....males are solitary??? Do u really think that??? Are the males in your area all loners???? Take a walk outside and look around.....watch some tv....watch the news!!!!!! FOR EXAMPLE.....most famous.....9/11....should be pretty obvious that a GROUP was responsible and NOT just one man...

so here u hav a GROUP OF MALES... WORKING TOGETHER!!!

*note* if anyone disagrees with me....please....i don't mind ppl disagreeing with me...but i would appreciate a nice friendly DEBATE...and not turn this into a tidal wave of insults...

CRMSON gets worked up easily xD.
i dont think society is actually forcing this crying thing on any individual really. sure u hav all this stuff on tv, but do u know how many times ive seen some other guy look at the guy crying and say "are u a man or what?" (in chinese: lay hai mai lam yun lay gar??). or maybe thats justa chinese thing.. lol. it differs from place to place and wat context u put it in.

im not agreein with u CRM, but im not against u either.
CRMSON will blame my softness on my sudden desire to watch HK soaps.
biggrin.gif
(course we all know CRM thinks all the SEED characters are retarded. cept for like.. um.. Mwu?)
he hasnt answered the first question either. xD
come on SCO May 5th.
smile.gif

well...everyone got there own point of view on this topic...but I agree with the fact crying in front of others - m or f - makes one look feeble...but that too depends on the situation. For instance - crying for family members' death is something that if u don't do u're .....let's say different. Again, getting emotional when watching a movie or hearing a very sad song(very effective to make one cry when the songs lyrics and rhythm matches the person's sad situatioN) is quite normal. On the other hand cryin when bein' insulted or being hurt is showing signs of weakness...true.
As for me I don't cry when I'm sad or am bein' hurt....I only cry when I'm angry...tears of rage
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back