Rerouting advertisement

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

truth2belief

-dono
MATV Subs
I haven't visited much lately but I came back to see that going to fansub.tv now routes me to www.thetipsforhealth.com/index.html
spamadvertisement.jpg

and that routes me again to
www.thetipsforhealth.com/myar344655.html
spamadvertisement2.jpg

And when you want to leave the page it makes a popup text saying "Are you sure you want to leave?" I haven't been able to get back onto fansub.tv normally except by canceling the page load before fully loading. Just wondering if this problem is known or not.

Bad advertising need reprimanding?

EDIT: I have no problems in the forums with advertisements, I have no problems in the blogs with advertisements. The problem persisted even though I cleared all cookies.

Yeah I dispise those types of pop-over ads that lead away from the site, and any random ad that decides to redirect to a random site as well. I mean most of the time when I run into redirecting ads like that they usually tend to mess with either my PC or laptop casuing it to have problems by adding malware to it or viruses.

Heck I've ran into those so-called "hey your PC has viruses use our program to remove them now," type of ad but was the very thing that caused the virus/malware to go off.
dry.gif

I was having the same issues on MATv as well, I got so sick of Adbrite's shitty advertisers I actually pulled all the overlay adverts on the main pages over a month ago. They wernt generating much revenue on MATV tho and I can sustain the costs myself. FTV is a bit different tho due to its size. Will need to ask Daft (pm'd) to reject that Ad.

Hm, I will consider removing all advertisements from the website. There is enough in the FTV bank to run the site for over a year.

So does this mean.... we're going to go ad free for a year!?
blink.gif

I'm cool with it, but don't push yourself on our account though. I mean I don't feel like making you a sad panda on losing any revenue for the site.
wink.gif

QUOTE (daft27 @ Sep 12 2012, 12:05 AM) Hm, I will consider removing all advertisements from the website. There is enough in the FTV bank to run the site for over a year.
eek, thats a bit drastic to pull all the Ads?
Although I have noticed that the biggest issue with sites being taken down for copyright issues seems to be related to them generating revenue from advertising. That partly influenced my action, especially as mine wasnt really doing anything worth while.

So.... if we're not having ads on this site for that long of a period, how about we do that thing we used to do before all of this mess happened this year?
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 12 2012, 02:58 PM) So.... if we're not having ads on this site for that long of a period, how about we do that thing we used to do before all of this mess happened this year?
wink.gif

What thing is that Wolfie? If its what I think you mean and it begins with 'D' then I think thats just as bad
smile.gif
lol

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what I meant then Maiku-san, since I may or maynot be in trouble for even bringing that up at all.
tongue.gif

Actually, the site does looks really good without the ads, it really makes it look so much cleaner and elegant. Nice one Daft-sama
smile.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 12 2012, 07:31 PM)I'll leave it to your imagination as to what I meant then Maiku-san, since I may or maynot be in trouble for even bringing that up at all.

Hmm if left to my imagination Wolfie-san I think it will wonder to thoughts of Tohsaka-chan, I'm not sure how thats going to help the site tho
biggrin.gif

Well I knew of an ecchi baised anime hosting site that didn't really have any ads on it. Although the down side was they are closing thier doors for good this week though. Also, I was hoping we could do something like that but not just ecchi baised series only, but.... well you know other series as well.

The other down side is I'm loosing a ecchi site I used to get "certain" series as well, be it on BluRay or not also.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back