Threshold Avalon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
[dohtml]<center><b>By the same people that made Fansub.TV,<br>
the ABSyndicate brings to you the brink of paradise:</b>
<div>
splashthresholdavalonyn3.gif
</div>
<br>
We're not exactly sure what this program is supposed to do yet, but doesn't the splashscreen look pretty?<br><small><a href="http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=3339">Click here for more information</a></small></center>[/dohtml]

What the heck is this???? If you don't know what it does then why is it here?????

That hot anime chic resembles daft's avatar, coinsidence or did he purposely make it that way?

ps. What is the AB Syndicate Conglomerate?

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Oct 01 2006, 06:48 PM) What the heck is this???? If you don't know what it does then why is it here?????
I'm sure daft knows what it does
laugh.gif
Of all people, he should know!

If he doesn't, well ... pretty splash screen
happy.gif

QUOTE AB Syndicate Conglomerate

The group that runs Fansub TV
tongue.gif

And guess who runs that group? Lol easy.

BTW, mind giving some of us previledge on what exactly it is??? LOL... please?

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Oct 01 2006, 07:21 PM) Shouldn't that be "Abh Syndicate"?
No, I can garanty it is AB Syndicate (just look in my sig or at the bottom of every forum pages
wink.gif
)

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 01 2006, 07:21 PM)BTW, mind giving some of us previledge on what exactly it is??? LOL... please? You want to know what Threshold Avalon is or what AB Syndicate is?

Both. LOL. I'm not quite familiar with AB Syndicates anyways ^.^ (or just PM me both info... muahaha)

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 01 2006, 05:36 PM)Both. LOL. I'm not quite familiar with AB Syndicates anyways ^.^ (or just PM me both info... muahaha)
same here, I would like to know some more info on the group too

Lol, Daft made his fansub group inside a fansub forum inside a fansub site!

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 01 2006, 07:36 PM)Both. LOL. I'm not quite familiar with AB Syndicates anyways ^.^ (or just PM me both info... muahaha) I will post more details about the syndicate shortly in a more appropriate place.

But the idea is that the AB Syndicate is a group of people working together to develop new exiciting anime related products. So far, there is Fansub.TV, the Fansub Forums and a few underlying projects.

The Threshold Avalon project is the newest project for the syndicate. Actually, so far it is only a banner! There are a few ideas as to what exactly it will be, but for the moment, we are open to suggestions. It will probably be a desktop application, maybe to warn people of anime related events or something like that.

Sound's cool, can't wait till it's ready but plz post any info you get on it here and not keep it to yourselves.

Well I don't know about functionality but the program should be skinnable. Preferably using like XML CSS language.
smile.gif

Okay okay, here's the story about this Threshold Avalon thing. I was doing some work for Neko-sama's next portion of the "Threshold Avalon" story last night when I sort of got carried away and one thing led to the next... I somehow ended up with a splashscreen. By the way, the goal was to get the girl in the splash to be the Neko-sama sitting on the bear rug in the cabin next to the fire for the "Threshold Avalon" story... (got it now?). Now I think it ended up turning into a splashscreen because I was working on an experimental desktop application and I needed a splashscreen to put on it. So because I had these two goals in my mind, I somehow mixed them together and came out with that...

Interestingly enough, that story is actually pretty close to how Fansub.TV came about! I wanted a way automatically or easily get anime on a regular basis (and BitTorrent didn't work for me!), so I ended up writing code to let me do that. Of course, a database was necessary to prevent the code from downloading the same stuff over and over and over again.... and I figured a webpage would be the easiest way to interface with the system (after all, it's just click and download - right?). Now, some of you might have wondered why the site looks so pink, cute or girly. There's actually a good answer to that. The colors I actually like are blue and black (typical colors for a guy, I suppose). I never figured that Fansub.TV would become popular at all, so I just used it as an experimentation ground. I thought - if nobody's going to see it, why don't I play around and do something that I normally wouldn't do? After a bit of experimentation, I finally got some colors and a picture or two that seemed to work together. In the end, I gave the link to a few of my friends so they could easily get anime too, made one post about it somewhere (which got appropriately deleted as spam within like 5 minutes), and that was it for promotion. That's pretty much how FTV started. It didn't have a forum for a while and I didn't really want to have one, but because someone really wanted it, I quickly put one in.

The funniest thing to this date is when people ask me what's out today or what episodes what or whatever... I'm still like, "hold on - i need to go check my site for that" and then when I get there, i'm like "hey! did you know ________ episode X is out!? i need to download that now...".
tongue.gif

hey, is this the reason why this site was down almost all day, becuase earier this morning it sayed this site was hacked by someone, and then it was up, then it was down again, then everyone who uses aol got an error 504 gateway error and people using internet exploer got the cannot find server message, or was this a bad attempt of you trying to do a fake virial advertising campain, that microsoft does to hype up their games, but your doing it to pump up your site good for you BUT if your going to do that then at least tell the other members of this site was the hell your doing upfront so you don't piss of the other people who are also trying to use this site, it is not just your site either, but i am just glad now that this site is back to normal now and everything turns back to the way it was!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 02 2006, 01:42 AM)[dohtml]<center><br>
We're not exactly sure what this program is supposed to do yet, but doesn't the splashscreen look pretty?<br><small><a href="http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=3339">Click here for more information</a></small></center>[/dohtml]
it sure does, and i'd like some more info on this project of yours, when u get the details sorted out that is
tongue.gif

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 01 2006, 10:25 PM) Okay okay, here's the story about this Threshold Avalon thing. I was doing some work for Neko-sama's next portion of the "Threshold Avalon" story last night when I sort of got carried away and one thing led to the next... I somehow ended up with a splashscreen. By the way, the goal was to get the girl in the splash to be the Neko-sama sitting on the bear rug in the cabin next to the fire for the "Threshold Avalon" story... (got it now?). Now I think it ended up turning into a splashscreen because I was working on an experimental desktop application and I needed a splashscreen to put on it. So because I had these two goals in my mind, I somehow mixed them together and came out with that...

Interestingly enough, that story is actually pretty close to how Fansub.TV came about! I wanted a way automatically or easily get anime on a regular basis (and BitTorrent didn't work for me!), so I ended up writing code to let me do that. Of course, a database was necessary to prevent the code from downloading the same stuff over and over and over again.... and I figured a webpage would be the easiest way to interface with the system (after all, it's just click and download - right?). Now, some of you might have wondered why the site looks so pink, cute or girly. There's actually a good answer to that. The colors I actually like are blue and black (typical colors for a guy, I suppose). I never figured that Fansub.TV would become popular at all, so I just used it as an experimentation ground. I thought - if nobody's going to see it, why don't I play around and do something that I normally wouldn't do? After a bit of experimentation, I finally got some colors and a picture or two that seemed to work together. In the end, I gave the link to a few of my friends so they could easily get anime too, made one post about it somewhere (which got appropriately deleted as spam within like 5 minutes), and that was it for promotion. That's pretty much how FTV started. It didn't have a forum for a while and I didn't really want to have one, but because someone really wanted it, I quickly put one in.

The funniest thing to this date is when people ask me what's out today or what episodes what or whatever... I'm still like, "hold on - i need to go check my site for that" and then when I get there, i'm like "hey! did you know ________ episode X is out!? i need to download that now...".
tongue.gif

Behold our GOD
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back