Homework Help

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well, I just thought that we could have a thread devoted to helping others on their homework from Public School, High School, College, University or even work from job's, etc.

I hope this thread will soon become useful and grow into something that everyone can rely on. As long as everyone supports this thread and takes the time to help each other, we can solve any problem a person has. Fell free to post any "work" related question here and don't forget to quote the original when posting the answer if you post here, you may also pm the answer to the person:)

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON ANIME IN THIS THREAD AND DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL TROUBLE SHOOT PROBLEM'S THAT YOU ARE HAVING. THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED FOR HELPING PEOPLE WITH SCHOOL WORK OR JOB RELATED WORK ONLY. UNLESS YOUR PROBLEM DERIVED ITSELF FROM JOB RELATED WORK OR SCHOOL WORK, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE. All ANSWERS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE STEPS TO THE ANSWER AS WELL. PLEASE DON'T POST YOUR WORK HERE AND EXPECT IT TO BE SOLVED FOR YOU, WE CAN ONLY TEACH YOU HOW TO DO YOUR WORK, NOT DO IT FOR YOU.

Thank you:)

For now, the field of expertise "team" is as follows:
InuyashaX: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Hamasusuke: Mathematics and History
Kit-Tsukasa: Mathematics, Science, and History.
smilelolz: Music Theory, History, Composition and Performance
scar_ishbalan: Economics
Hiasubi: Business Studies, Law, Mathamatics

Any member who wishes to be added to the list, please pm any mod, preferably Kit-Tsukasa or even me. The limit for this temporary list right now is set to 7 since this thread is a test run, but as said before, any member in this forum is allowed to help out not just the "team"

[MODERATOR's NOTE: Thread moved to the Miscellaneous section]

QUOTE (malfion @ Oct 05 2006, 07:31 PM) Can we post our assignments to pick up later?
Sure, I also forgot to mention. If your helping someone, remember to post the answer to the problem here. Don't forget to quote your answer from the post for the question. You can also pm the person the answer but it would be better if youra answers were posted here for others to see.

Unless any other mod feels this thread is inappropriate, I choose to have this thread remained open as long as the following ground rules are followed:

1) Although this cannot be fully controlled, please do help in a way that does not allow the user to learn. For example, never give the answer to any mathematics related problem since it does not allow the user to fully understand the concepts he/she is learning. Also that would be cheating since you are taking someone's work and possibly claiming it as your own. (This primarily applies to Mathematical related problems or any sort of problem solving assignments)

2) Any sort of official standardized test questions are not allowed. This is illegal and I'm sure some people out there would use this thread as an opportunity to try to cheat their way through. This rule will be enforced!!!

3) Regarding to what malfion said, don't just leave an assignment here and expect someone to do it for you. Your then just being lazy. If you ever post a problem or question here, post with as much detail as possible explaining where and what you are confused about, what subject (specifically) is it, etc...

4) Do not post any sort of essay topics here. I've seen this in many places and people use forums to have people pretty much write the essay for them. This is plagarism for those who don't know. This will not be tolerated even though the member who wrote it does not care if his/her idea is used by someone else. "Brief" feedback is allowed for an already written essay, but do not "re-write" the paper for him/her. This will also be enforced! NO LINKS ARE ALLOWED! The original user should do this part alone, especially if its a research or history paper. Links to your own documents are allowed for people to read, comment, and feedback.

5) All other forum rules still apply.

6) As InuyashaX stated, no off topic discussions! Posts will be deleted without notice!

7) Thread will be closed if any of the rules 2 or 4 are broken.

hmmm I dont think I understand this. How can you help a person online with out just giving the answer to them? what do you do give them hints? also even if a person comes here looking for places to find extra infomation and people post up links, isnt it still cheating?

QUOTE (wittyfox @ Oct 05 2006, 10:08 PM) hmmm I dont think I understand this. How can you help a person online with out just giving the answer to them? what do you do give them hints? also even if a person comes here looking for places to find extra infomation and people post up links, isnt it still cheating?
I just revised the rules. The answer part only applies to Mathematical related problems. Yes, people should be giving them hints, why? Because that way, he/she can learn and understand how certain things should be done and that way he/she learns something. That is the key point of homework assignments. It tests how well you understand the material and concepts taught in class.

As for links, that is hard to control. I decided to say no links are allowed since everything should be one's work including research papers. Research should be done by the individual when coming to homework and should not be discussed on a forum.

I think thread will fail to meet its purpose. Because of the active-to-inactiveness is really random, people will never know when they will get their homework. Also, the standards of helping is to allow the person to understand what he/she is doing, not by directly giving answers.

Another thing is that usage of having a thread on the forum specifically for homework is left heavily unattended. Chances are, if this thread fails to meet purpose, a homework will not be replied till days after it was due!!!

At the moment, my only suggestion is actually have a group of members who are actually skilled in one or more subjects to have messenger, that way there's no need to constantly post. (I have accomplished this in middle school as a online tutor, and it does work.) However, it's much easier if I explained how it would specifcally work. But in sort, here's an idea:

1) Members who need help on homework can:
-Post a specific problem for short answers or
-Post their IM username.
In response to the IM:
2) Helpers can log on their IM (preferred that all helpers have different sorts of messengers for ready-to-use purposes). From there, it is much easier to explain.

Also: Warner Middle School in Westminster, California, has been using this technique for awhile now, with a brigade of homework helpers online (nearly 50 helpers volunteered, including me). So far, Yahoo! Messenger has been used frequently because of it's nice little feature, the Doodle Application.

I'll explain this to you guys via PM for more info.

After discussing with Hamasusuke about this, this is the current and temporary idea:

-Any member of Fansub TV is welcome to help with any member with any homework problems as long as it follows the rules I posted in my first post on this thread.

-Any member who helps another member is fully responsible of the help he/she gives and is asked for.

-For now, the field of expertise "team" is as follows:
Hamasusuke: Mathematics, English and History
Kit-Tsukasa: Mathematics, Science, Chinese, and History.
InuyashaX: Mathematics
smilelolz: Music Theory, History, Composition and Performance
scar_ishbalan: Economics
Bold: Mathematics, Electronics, Computers, Management
warita200: Mathematics. German.

-Any member who wishes to be added to the list, please pm me. The limit for this temporary list right now is set to 7 since this thread is a test run, but as said before, any member in this forum is allowed to help out not just the "team"

-This thread is currently only a test-run. If successful enough, it will be discussed on whether it should be pinned or not.

-If the rules are not followed, this thread will "die"

Ah sweet, so when can I post my assignment in here?

Actually, you don't have to completely post your assignment here. State what it is first, then we "might" help you. Then, state, in paraphrases, what problem/topic you specifically need help on.

Here's another thing:
1) Please state the subject you are needing help in first.
2) provide an alternate way of communication (like IM).
3) If all else fails, you are given the OK to post on the thread in case someone else knows the subject.

unsure.gif
But what if want to post a link to an office document? Is that against the rules too? Anyway, I can help with economy if someone is ever on the need of it

Link Rule updated. Member added to list

Do I suprise anyone if I say I could help in mathematics, electronics, computers and management?
tongue.gif

People can tell here about the fields they can help on, but the actual question should be posted in it's own thread. This is why we have threads. Someone asking help in calculating a differential eqation and someone asking a question about using a MOSFET in saturation are not related at all. To allow the discussions to stay organised, they should be in seperated threads.

So if anyone has questions, please follow the same rules as for any other support question. Open a new thread for it.

QUOTE (wittyfox @ Oct 05 2006, 10:08 PM)hmmm I dont think I understand this. How can you help a person online with out just giving the answer to them? what do you do give them hints? also even if a person comes here looking for places to find extra infomation and people post up links, isnt it still cheating?You can help by pointing in the right direction. Just look at many posts in the trouble shoot section. The idea is to allow people to understand the basics so they can help themselves in the future.

As a side note, I better not see someone posting assignements here and having others solve it for you. There is a large difference between asking a friend "how do you solve this?" and "can I copy you work?".

QUOTE (scar_ishbalan @ Oct 06 2006, 03:28 AM)But what if want to post a link to an office document? Is that against the rules too? Anyway, I can help with economy if someone is ever on the need of it Considering your field, I assume you mean to have proper explanation or references to a subject. A PDF might be better, but a word document is acceptable as long as it is not abused. In other words, use your judgement (this last sentence is actually for everyone, mostly the newer members)

I can help with mathematics, german assignments, ... or just simply ask, maybe I can help out!!!

QUOTE (Bold @ Oct 06 2006, 06:30 PM) So if anyone has questions, please follow the same rules as for any other support question. Open a new thread for it.

You can help by pointing in the right direction. Just look at many posts in the trouble shoot section. The idea is to allow people to understand the basics so they can help themselves in the future.

As a side note, I better not see someone posting assignements here and having others solve it for you. There is a large difference between asking a friend "how do you solve this?" and "can I copy you work?".
Finally, I'm glad that someone else finally supports me!
biggrin.gif

Looks like we have a lot of people good in math here
blink.gif

list updated again
*Note: List will no longer be updated. However, members who are not on the list can still help out in anyway, but this is currently the temporary "team."
*Note2: We need someone for English. -__-;;

QUOTE (Bold @ Oct 06 2006, 04:30 PM) Do I suprise anyone if I say I could help in mathematics, electronics, computers and management?
tongue.gif

Uhhh... how about a cup of easy first year university physics. a part of general studies for all engineering???

I can help with first year calculus some mathmatics here and there.

err... yeah, i prolly will be able to help with any high school or even elementary school mathmatics.
biggrin.gif

I think I'll focus around english. Since english is kind of considered an "international language", then i might as well help out. Updating your list in a moment.

Also, I want to know the levels of your expertise. One of the members reviewed this thread and thought that the help and tutor would be nice, but the level of each subject varies. Therefore, I want to understand how much you guys know.

And thus, I will require a bit more information regarding your field of expertise (i.e. highest in Algebraic fields, but poor in geometry; Extremely high - History (world and US alike)) Just a little more, to serve the member(s) needs.

I graduated in mathematics. I went to a gymnasium (sort of a high school over here in Europe) with scientific orientation, so we had lots of maths, physics, chemistry and biology. In Austria you dont graduate in all subjects, you can choose what is important for you and what not.
Right now I study economy, but even so we have lots of maths. I love mathematics, my favourite subject ever
tongue.gif

As for German, I have perfect knowledge, I live in Austria. Might be able to help out with Spanish as well, but I am not that confident there.
smile.gif

Ummmm, I've noticed that no ones really using my thread. Is it a failure? Post any problems regarding your homework here, it can even be job related:) We need people to help!!!!

Nobody is willing to help me with my physics homework thus I find it kind of, pointless to post anything related to physics. My math is fairly good thus I don't post my math assignments in here.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back