Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: The Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The New Thesis - Encounter / Star-Crossed (LotGH)
Japanese: 銀河英雄伝説 Die Neue These 邂逅 (銀英伝 / Gin'eiden)
Airing date: 3/4/2018 (Kaikō - TV series remake, 12 episodes)
Theatrical release date: 2019 (Seiran / Stellar War - movie trilogy sequel)
Genres: Action, Drama, Military, Sci-Fi, Space
Original creators: Yoshiki Tanaka (novel) and Katsumi Michihara (manga)
Original character designers: Naoyuki Katō (novels vol. 1–5), Yukihisa Kamoshita (6–10), Hiroshi Yōkoyama (short stories) and Akira Kasahara (SS vol. 2)
Director: Shunsuke Tada
Written by: Noboru Takagi
Music by: Shin Hashimoto
Characters designers: Yōko Kikuchi, Iwao Teraoka and Katsura Tsushima
Chief animation director: Takayuki Gōto
Special effects director: Atsushi Takeuchi
Mechanical design by: Shinji Usui and Shinobu Tsuneki
Supervision by: Shunsuke Tada
Studio: Production I.G
Network: Family Gekijo, Tokyo MX, MBS, BS11
Opening theme: "Binary Star" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Uru
Ending theme: "Wish" by Elisa

Main cast: Reinhard von Lohengramm (ラインハルト・フォン・ローエングラム) voiced by Mamoru Miyano
Siegfried Kircheis (ジークフリード・キルヒアイス) voiced by Yuichiro Umehara

Galactic Empire: Paul von Oberstein (パウル・フォン・オーベルシュタイン) voiced by Junichi Suwabe
Wolfgang Mittermeyer (ウォルフガング・ミッターマイヤー) voiced by Daisuke Ono
Oskar von Reuenthal (オスカー・フォン・ロイエンタール) voiced by Yūichi Nakamura

Free Planets Alliance: Yang Wen-li (ヤン・ウェンリー) voiced by Kenichi Suzumura
Julian Mintz (ユリアン・ミンツ) voiced by Yūki Kaji

Alex Cazerne (アレックス・キャゼルヌ) voiced by Tokuyoshi Kawashima
Frederica Greenhill (フレデリカ・グリーンヒル) voiced by Aya Endō
Walter von Schönkopf (ワルター・フォン・シェーンコップ) voiced by Shinichiro Miki

Supporting cast: Willibard Joachim von Merkatz (ウィリバルト・ヨアヒム・フォン・メルカッツ) voiced by Unshō Ishizuka
Adalbert von Fahrenheit (アーダルベルト・フォン・ファーレンハイト) voiced by Ryōta Takeuchi
Jean Robert Lapp (ジャン・ロベール・ラップ) voiced by Yūki Ono
Staden (シュターデン) voiced by Kiyomitsu Mizūchi
Fogel (フォーゲル) voiced by Takahiro Fujiwara

Erlache (エルラッハ) voiced by Naomi Kusumi
Paetta (パエッタ) voiced by Shinya Fukumatsu
Pastolle (パストーレ) voiced by Kōsuke Meguro
Moore (ムーア) voiced by Tōru Sakurai
Lao (ラオ) voiced by Tasuku Hatanaka
Narration (ナレーション) by Yoshimitsu Shimoyama

Synopsis: In humanity's distant future, two interstellar states—the monarchic Galactic Empire and the democratic Free Planets Alliance—are embroiled in a never-ending war. The story focuses on the exploits of rivals Reinhard von Müsel and Yang Wen Li as they rise to power and fame in the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance.

gdpetti said:
Actually just finished watching the 110ep series last week... very adult in terms of the commentary of empire vs democracy, mostly by Yang Wen-li. Just took a while to get over the 80s anime and the 'galactic' empire :rolleyes:

Might have to check out the rest of the films et al. When Yang dies, the series does seem essentially over, as if he was the only one keeping the Free Plants Alliance alive at all, same as now with our Western empire/Axis of Evil.... living on fumes... trying to dispose of the few remaining free/independent countries left on the planet, with Putin being the one keeping the opposition to our 'dark' empire alive and kicking. The difference is Russia/China et al are growing as we are in decay, kept alive by drugs, debt and war. The parallel with the Free Planets Alliance fits if the Phezzan Dominion is included. The difference is that we are the empire using democracy as a mask of sanity for our pschopathic state and the "East" is where real freedom is breaking out, in Russia specifically, as Edgar Cayce proclaimed long ago.

Now it seems there's talk of a new anime treatment of the novels?
now a tv retelling then 'S2' films, great space opera but i prefer Yamato 2202!:)

This looks like a good excuse for getting caught up on this classic. I think I've seen the first 2 or 3 episodes of the original show and that's about it.

Really digging some of that 3D CG work, but it looks like they may fall into SFX reuse hell.

Hasn't it only aired one ep so far? I read a review of it that said it looked shortened... like they were going to focus on the 'German' or empire side.. at least from the first ep... as that OVA? series was ?... 110 eps? is that right? It covered so much... but it could've been edited down to half that and really pushed up the pace... Anyone see this first ep yet? I like to read some reviews first, unless I'm really attracted to something.

Norren said:
This looks like a good excuse for getting caught up on this classic. I think I've seen the first 2 or 3 episodes of the original show and that's about it.

Really digging some of that 3D CG work, but it looks like they may fall into SFX reuse hell.
not yet IM0 after how its Astarte·war ends dynamically in ep'2, now seen from Yang's POV 'x' hours earlier to win... reminds me why i liked Alderamin's tactic genius meeting his equal, still i prefer most of the 80s 0VA character designs!;)

gdpetti said:
Hasn't it only aired one ep so far? I read a review of it that said it looked shortened... like they were going to focus on the 'German' or empire side.. at least from the first ep... as that OVA? series was ?... 110 eps? is that right? It covered so much... but it could've been edited down to half that and really pushed up the pace... Anyone see this first ep yet? I like to read some reviews first, unless I'm really attracted to something.
I find #3 more lively about MC's childhood with his hot sister's debut, also the galactic federation past and dictatorship... or if you wait to see'it'all meanwhile try Starblazers 2199, my latest favorite reboot along 2202 ep.14 just subbed :d

gdpetti said:
Legends of the Galactic Hereos.... remix.... already started, and someone's review wasn't the best... not bad... just a little rushed etc...
to me ep.5's pace got better giving focus on the 'free' Alliance lately, now that Yang's guardian assistant joins ;p... no wonder why Jessica didn't wanna marry a soldier, but sprinklers saved the day xD more action in Iserlohn arc next ^_^

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back