WD TV Question

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Mahou_Shounen

Kouhai
I'm thinking of getting this, since it seems to support .mkv playback and .ass/.ssa subs. But from what I have gathered from the forums, it even has trouble with .srt subs and various other video playback issues. So, opinions anyone?

I'm closing this thread since I have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you can come up with a proper explaination by PMing either a Sempai of FTV Member (asie from myself of course) about this thread they may reopen this.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 06 2010, 09:53 AM)I'm closing this thread since I have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you can come up with a proper explaination by PMing either a Sempai of FTV Member (asie from myself of course) about this thread they may reopen this.A little bit of research solves everything. The product mentioned is located here. In addition there is a forum here where various bugs and such are talked about.

Personally I'd say that the WDTV is probably the best MKV player out thus far so I would recommend trying it out. It would be best to get the live version as it supports networking as well so you don't necessarily have to attach a hard drive directly to it. As long as you don't intend to use subtitles in another language I think you will be fine. It seems that the problem is mostly foreign languages that use different character sets that are less used such as Hebrew, Swedish, etc.

Honestly speaking, if you have a computer with a real graphics card (not an integrated one), get yourself a PS3 instead by spending the additional $100+. The PS3 can play all mkvs just fine if you have the right decoding program while using your computer as a server to host the files.

I wouldn't waste $100+ for this. It's an interesting concept but not worth the price it's at.

Honestly speaking when i had WD TV for a day and return it the next day it not good when u have ALOT of files and video encoded in various of format... Yes it could play mkv but the problem lies with ac3, x264, flac, and etc.... as for the ps3...well i just re encode it for my ps3 and im happy =)

If people gave proper info I wouldn't close a thread on a Judgement Call. So thanks for clearing that whole thing up langes-san.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Mar 07 2010, 09:22 AM) Honestly speaking when i had WD TV for a day and return it the next day it not good when u have ALOT of files and video encoded in various of format... Yes it could play mkv but the problem lies with ac3, x264, flac, and etc.... as for the ps3...well i just re encode it for my ps3 and im happy =)
re-encode? more like just use a freeware program on your computer like mkv2vob and stream away
biggrin.gif
Of course, your computer has to be capable of handling the processing power, which yours should be able to....

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back