Photo

Do you smoke or do drugs?

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

Poll: Have your ever smoked or did drugs? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Have your ever smoked or did drugs?

1. Yes (80 votes [26.06%])

Percentage of vote: 26.06%

2. Never (149 votes [48.53%])

Percentage of vote: 48.53%

3. Sometimes (26 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

4. I quit (11 votes [3.58%])

Percentage of vote: 3.58%

5. Once in a blue moon (11 votes [3.58%])

Percentage of vote: 3.58%

6. I did it once and never again (30 votes [9.77%])

Percentage of vote: 9.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 March_On_Electric_Children

March_On_Electric_Children

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

I Smoke weed but i don't drink or do any other drugs. I only drink soda once in a blue moon.
I started smoking weed because i was curious about it. I knew that allot of people did it and i wanted to know why.
As far as how often, I blaze probably about three or four bowls every two weeks. I don't feel as if I'm addicted to it because I've gone months on occasion not doing it.
On the subject of the weed now being stronger than in the past, yes it is. Allot. anyone thats ever smoked purple kush can tell you that.
And THC doesn't cause cancer. I don't know what in weed could cause cancer. The people who insist that weed causes cancer say it's the carbon dioxide produced when you burn it which is produced by burning any plant. What i find odd about this is the fact that cigarettes are said to cause cancer because of the tar in them and not because of the carbon dioxide produced.
As far as weed being a gateway drug, this is only because since it is illegal people feel that doing other illegal drugs isn't much of a stretch. I have friends that blaze and drink and have done coke and they say that drinking is more intense than all of them. I have no want to do any other drugs even though they are readily available to me. As far as weed making you stupid, i have a friend that smokes weed everyday that is in the academic decathlon and takes advanced placement classes as well as maintaining good grades and he's been smoking weed for at least four or five years. You loose more brain cells hitting your head on something than you do smoking weed.
user posted image
It is not a crime to be opinianated or to stand firm in what you beleive in as long as you have a logical reason.

#42 JunMisugi

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

No I´m not doing anything of that. I´ve smoked around only five or ten times four years ago,but I stopped it before I became addicted to it,so it was easy to stop and I also didn't like smoking from the beginning .

QUOTE (rtgmath @ Jan 01 2007, 02:43 PM)

The doctor told me after my heart attack that I have to lose weight, and that my first goal was to lose 20 lbs. So I am working on it.

Good luck for your diet biggrin.gif .

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

#43 shun20

shun20

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (gcgx @ Jan 02 2007, 07:09 AM)
Sorry bro but that just shows how much you don't know about either. That's the propaganda the media feeds you. The truth is that cigarettes do A LOT more harm to your body on there own than marijuana. When a cigarette is burned there are almost 5,000 different chemical compounds which consist of more carcinogens than marijuana. Second people who smoke marijuana are also less likely to get lung cancer when compared to people who smoke cigarettes. Even though lung cancer may be only one of the many diseases able to be caused by smoking, it's one of the most well known and feared. Cigarettes are in the top 2 most addictive drugs in the entire world and weed is in like the top 30? In my opinion weed shouldn't even be considered an illegal drug because it's nothing when compared to the actual real drugs such as herion, pcp, acid, speed, extacy, cocaine, opium, and all the other various ones out there. You can't overdose on weed, but you can overdose on childrens tylenol? Also weed has been on the earth forever, literally I mean forever, it's a plant that can grow on it's own without man tampering with it, and cigarrettes are made by us using ingredients we invented close to about 400-500 different ones. Marijuana that's smoked in moderation is 10 times better then today's average cigarette smoker. I've never met or knew anyone who has died by the effects of weed, but I've known at least a dozen people who have passed away due to the causes of cigarettes. Now you tell me which of the two is more destructive?

Well ... as I said there are studies about that weed is more harmfull than cigarettes. That what you said is about the OLD weed that the hippies used to smoke and not what it is nowadays. I would really like to give you a link to one of the studies, but I know only german ones and I dont think you will understand this. Look for yourself and you will see.
By the way .. normally you consume cannabis with tobacco. That is even more dangerous.

The weed has been on earth forever, yes, but not the weed you smoke nowadays. Most of it is cultured, because the consumers normally want to get as high as possible or they smoked to much so that they have to get the better "shit" to even a little high.

The reason that you know nobody that died due smoking cannabis is simply, because its not that long ago since people has begun to culture it.

I informed myself well and that is one of the reasons I stopped smoking after 5 years. Cannabis might not be that bad when you compare it with harder drugs, but it is still dangerous! Its not that the government thought: Hey .. cannabis is to good for the people so lets just forbidd it.
Before YOU tell me that I dont know anything try to even look for information by yourself.

I will try to translate what I have just found in an study:
"The tar concentration in cannabis has 50% more carcinogens in it than tobacco. In addition to that a joint is 4 times harder inhaled than normal cigarettes. Thats why larger amounts of tar and carbon monoxide get into the lungs."

user posted image

#44 AmbgSpceMunky

AmbgSpceMunky

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Anime, guitar, manga, music, video games, just plain having fun!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:21 AM

Just jumping on for a brief moment. I don't know why weed is illegal, I have always been fed the same "it's a gateway drug that leads to the bigger drugs."

I'd imagine cigarettes are worse for your health and they do kill you over time. But I have known people who have died from weed. I've had two friends in different accidents get killed in head on collisions because they were high as a kite and not paying attention to anything. weed can kill indirectly. cigarettes kill directly, but slowly.

Both are addictive to an extent. I don't smoke weed (tried it a few times), but I used to smoke cigarettes (quit a month ago) and I still fight urges once in a while. I've had friends who couldn't go a day with smoking a joint, and if they did then they seemed to be in a worse mood than I was when I didn't smoke.

I think it all depends on the person for weed. Some people will move to bigger things, some will stay with weed, some will just say its not for them. Cigarettes tend to be you've never smoked one, you smoke 'em, or you're still trying to get off them.
user posted imageuser posted image

Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)

#45 REYOMA

REYOMA

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:ANIME and lan gaming as well as online gaming and friends i guess.

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

A friend of mine started with weed and then moved to all kinds of drugs for a couple years and then back to weed.He say's u can do all kind's of drug's but for him weed is the best,he don't smoke or do any drug other than weed know and ofcors his ciggy now and then.Lots of ppl smoke weed in my area here used to be 7 places to buy from in my area,here are now only 2 and about 4 drug dealers who don't sell weed but evrything else about 3-4 months ago the police raided one of the houses 2 ppl died and 1 police officer got injured.The funny thing about my area is the police are just 2mins away from all of these drug houses and yet ppl still take the chance of selling,we'll to be honourst in my city if u a drug dealer u rich cuase all the money is in their my friend and i joke sometimes with our mother's saying our dream is to be a drug dealer laugh.gif we'll my mother took it the wrong way once and through me with a cup of coffee lucky for me she did not aim cuase as she through she closed her eyes was incredibly funny to see after words we laught and she said if i become a dealer all she want's is a huge diamond neckless.

#46 shun20

shun20

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

Most people become drug dealers to finance their addiction(s). Thats at least what it is like here.

All kind of drugs (besides cigarettes) affect your personality.

When you do extacy you will become very, very happy and you wont even think of your problems anymore.
Speed on the other hand makes you talk about everything with friends or even strangers.
The effect of cannabis is up to your current feelings. When you feel good it makes you feel even better, but when you feel bad it makes you feel even more worst.

The dangerous thing about drugs is that you feel good when you do it and when you come down you feel empty. As if something important is gone.
user posted image

#47 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

In Austria most ppl smoke.... 90% I would say. They start smoking around the age of 15, because it is so cool, because everybody does it and because parents wouldnt approve of it, if they knew...... so they start smoking when 15 and by the time they are 20 they cant quit anymore. And it is customary to smoke an entire pack of ciggies a day. That makes 3,5-4 euros a package, so in a month it is almost 120 euros just for ruining their health. How can ppl be so stupid I ask??? I dont know the answer to that..... but I never smoked and never will. If I had spare 120 euros, I would put it aside and buy myself something nice, or go on vacation......... ts ts ts

PS: I wouldnt say, that smoking doesnt affect the personality. It does too!!!

#48 gcgx

gcgx

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (shun20 @ Jan 08 2007, 10:02 PM)
Well ... as I said there are studies about that weed is more harmfull than cigarettes. That what you said is about the OLD weed that the hippies used to smoke and not what it is nowadays. I would really like to give you a link to one of the studies, but I know only german ones and I dont think you will understand this. Look for yourself and you will see.
By the way .. normally you consume cannabis with tobacco. That is even more dangerous.

The weed has been on earth forever, yes, but not the weed you smoke nowadays. Most of it is cultured, because the consumers normally want to get as high as possible or they smoked to much so that they have to get the better "shit" to even a little high.

The reason that you know nobody that died due smoking cannabis is simply, because its not that long ago since people has begun to culture it.

I informed myself well and that is one of the reasons I stopped smoking after 5 years. Cannabis might not be that bad when you compare it with harder drugs, but it is still dangerous! Its not that the government thought: Hey .. cannabis is to good for the people so lets just forbidd it.
Before YOU tell me that I dont know anything try to even look for information by yourself.

I will try to translate what I have just found in an study:
"The tar concentration in cannabis has 50% more carcinogens in it than tobacco. In addition to that a joint is 4 times harder inhaled than normal cigarettes. Thats why larger amounts of tar and carbon monoxide get into the lungs."

The only weed I smoke or use to smoke was 100% natural, so splicing or laicing at all. That is real weed, this new age of manipulated herb isn't even weed anymore, its a whole new type of drug. If you know how to smoke your weed then there is no tobacco involved, yet again another new invention with the junk thats around today. Real weed is not only safer than a cigarette it's more fun.

#49 gdboijason

gdboijason
  • Kouhais
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

amreica has come up with lots of different kinds of weed, or, better known as hydro. I'm not going into details, but if you've smoked everyday, constantly, for months, then 1 puff of that shit, and you'll be good for like the rest of the day. I think thats the stuff that feds are referring to saying that weed is much stronger these days.

#50 March_On_Electric_Children

March_On_Electric_Children

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (gdboijason @ Jan 09 2007, 06:12 PM)
amreica has come up with lots of different kinds of weed, or, better known as hydro. I'm not going into details, but if you've smoked everyday, constantly, for months, then 1 puff of that shit, and you'll be good for like the rest of the day. I think thats the stuff that feds are referring to saying that weed is much stronger these days.

I don't really agree with what you are saying but i might be misunderstanding. In reality if you smoked everyday for months you would have to smoke more to get the same level of high as opposed to if you smoke every three or four days. If you wait a while between sessions than it takes less to get you high.

As far as America's weed, we do have the strongest especially those of us living in California which is known in drug circles for having the top ranked strains of weed. biggrin.gif

Concerning weed versus cigarettes, even if cigarettes are more dangerous, two people can share a joint and get high enough for one day as opposed to smoking in which people commonly go through a pack a day. When i smoke, if I'm smoking by myself, I usually don't smoke more than a snapper in a session which is considerably less than a joint.
user posted image
It is not a crime to be opinianated or to stand firm in what you beleive in as long as you have a logical reason.

#51 elkthehero

elkthehero
  • Kouhais
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:44 AM

Well I see some people talking about marijuana leading to other drugs. This is ignorance by those who have not smoked weed before. Those who do smoke weed who have gone on to do harder drugs would have done those drugs anyway because of the type of person they are. I smoke weed and so do most of my friends, yet we don't do X or heroin or any of those other drugs, it's a completely different thing than marijuana. Hell most of my friends don't even smoke cigs (I do) yet smoke weed. It's all personal choice. Marijuana is less addictive then cigs or alcohol but big corporations and cartels run shyt, that's why it's illegal. Same goes for most illegal drugs, they're only illegal because of who makes money off of it (do some research into opium plants and Iran-Contra and what we did in Afghanistan just recently, you'll get the picture).

Marijuana, alcohol and many other illegal drugs have helped produce or influence many of the best inventions and artistic expressions that all of us today enjoy. Without them we would not have advanced as much as we have. Drugs have helped fuel Renaissance's for ages. Chemical drugs made in labs such as x, painkillers, anti-depresents etc are bad for humanity. We have no idea the effects it will have on our bodies or the users children. These things are not natural, therefor our genetics have never dealt with these kind of concotions before. Hell, even our processed foods and kinds of headache pills (city water is definetly bad for you) are messing up newly born children. So thinking drugs are destroying our world is a little confused if you don't take into account things that aren't natural non-users do everyday as well as the rest of the world.

#52 xcouger

xcouger

-aniota

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1030 posts
  • Interests:Anime, movies, pc games, bastketball, soccer, piano, guitar, drums, cash, all night party outs, makin out with chicks i've only met for fifteen minutes! lol i like doing long peaceful walks with or without someone by my side as long i could think about anything i want. love being a musician, writing songs... love watching movies as well, basically of any kind, preferably anime... love to think things over and take things at ease.

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

hahaha!.. marihuana does NOT lead to other drugs.. the consuming of other drugs is a matter of individual preferance.. all drugs affect what you think and act while using it, including cigarrettes (nicotine).. i voted on "sometimes".. self explanatory.. i smoke from time to time as a hobby.. and drink as an addiction.. there isn't anything wrong with weed.. if you kno that you are being harmed and you choose to continue, then it should be fine.. no one's in the position to judge if it's right or wrong.. the question here is, "do you smoke or do drugs?".. not, "if you keep smoking i'll hammer you down with words till you quit"..(according to some previous posts i read) laugh.gif i personally will respect you if you say that you're a drug addict.. and i will give you the same amount of respect if you say that you aren't.. i'm completely open to your reasons individually (only if it's not on a judging perspective).. wink.gif
user posted image
Proud President of HSK (Hottie Satsuki Kitaouji)
Proud Team Leader of the ABI (Anime Bittorrent Index)
user posted image
user posted image

#53 DarkSkyLady

DarkSkyLady

-moeagaru-loli

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Both elkthehero and xcouger are correct. Smoking weed, does not necessarily mean you will easily fall into other drugs. It depends on the the strength of mind of the individual, how often you smoke, and personal choice. I smoke cigs, used to smoke weed, but ended up quiting after a friend of my died after buying weed that had been mixed with something else. The smoking I'm planning on quiting too, but I know that's going to be tough, and I don't want to take anything to help me quit. Going cold is how I'm gonna play it. I know that what helps relax me when I'm fiending for a cig and don't have one is lively conversations with friends, drinking lots of water and my punching bag. I rarely drink, especially strong alcohol because like many here I really don't like the way it tastes, and because for some reason whenever I go out with friends and order something strong, I realize after I drank that I've had no food in my stomach all day and the drink hits my system hard. But mostly it's still the taste. I'll drink the occasional wine cooler once in a very blue moon. The last time I drank was about two years ago and the last time I smoked weed was about six years ago. It comes down to choice. We all decide for ourselves. The truth commercial, while entertaining do nothing much for me because the bottom line no matter what you say is that cigarrettes can kill you. If I continue to smoke and die from cancer that's my own stupid fault, no one else's. This is not days where people were kept in the dark about how deadly cigarrettes are so the only blame can lay with the person smoking. I simply want to quit because I personally do not like anything controlling me, plus, even though I'm a smoker I can abide cigarrette smoke(weird, I know), but when someone is smoking around me and the smoke hits my face I'm like, "Ugh!", so really no point in continuing the habit.
user posted image

Proud Member of the NBP ~*Nana Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud Member of NOHH Night Owls *~Hoot*Hoot~*!!
Proud member of AA ~*Anime Addicts~*!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member- Founder & namer of LCFC ~ "Lovely Complex Fan Clubbers"

#54 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Neither ^_________________^
I drink =)))))))))) Well, sometimes... unsure.gif
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#55 crimsondunk

crimsondunk

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

I smoked when I hurt my back 2 years ago. The pain was so much and I was going through some rocky relationship and the person I was with smoked so I picked up the habit for a bit. When I saw that it was affecting my health, I quit it. Weed did nothing for me except make me sleep. Mushrooms had the same affect. I think the first time I took it it made me laugh alot.

I did E right after I graduated university and it was awesome but afterwards, it did nothing for me. I guess I have a high tolerance. After doing research I decided that drinking can have the same effect if not more on me so why bother playing with drugs that are probably spiked with other things.

My father was an alcoholic and that's always in the back of my mind so over the years I've calmed down.

#56 qrdel

qrdel

- OldTimer

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2051 posts
  • Interests:Right now? None.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

Neither I smoke, nor drink much alkohol, nor do drugs... its disgusting. Its not like I reject those habbits but I wont be slave to them... never...
"For me, a friend is someone who would chase his own dream and wouldn't let himself be swallowed by mine... For me, a friend is a person equal to myself..."

#57 Faustian

Faustian

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:music, education, trumpets, marching band, choir, singing, dancing, theatre, musical theatre

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

I don't do drugs. I have on occassion taken drugs due to injuries, but never have I used them in a social setting. However, I know that most of my family does (not my parents... but they DID grow up during the sixties!) and I'm totally fine with it. Smoking some weed isnt really going to kill you. I know it does lung damage (for my sister has constant bronchitus from it), but I really don't care. Its their own lives and they can do whatever the want.

My brother and his wife have smoked cigarettes on and off for years now. I know my brother started out of boredome/peer pressure back in high school, but I really dont think he cares anymore. He's never tried to quit because HE wanted to. It was always because my parents were forcing him to. I know that this will probably lead to health problems for him down the line, but again, its his life. I love him and dont want anything to happen to him, but I have no right to tell him what to do or not do.

These sort of threads sort of make me a little sick too. I personally think everyone should just let people live their lives. Weed and smoking are minor problems. I would rather see heroin and cocaine off the streets.

Plus, alcohol is a substance the same as any other. If your dont abuse it, its fine. I have drank before, even with my family, and I do not oppose it in the least. But this is a whole other discussion.

#58 shun20

shun20

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:52 AM

Dont get me wrong. Its not that I dont understand why people do drugs, but especially about weed most of the people dont know what it can cause to your health and memory.

You will only understand how much it damaged you when you stop doing drugs or inform yourself, but I know due to my own experience that you dont want to know what is happening to you and its hard to stop doing drugs.
People say you will feel better, but it dont .. at least thats the case with me. Maybe thats because I did it to long, but I know this feeling probably wont change until I die.
I just want others to do not the same mistakes I did and make them think about what they are doing. Thats all.
user posted image

#59 c_mah

c_mah

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:43 AM

For me, I neither do drugs or smoke. I also don't take alcohol. Never thinking of trying. It just I have so much things better to do other than spending my money into those kind of things.

The (most probably no 1) reason for not smoking is cause I'm a girl and it will ruined my image rolleyes.gif . I don't want to have yellowish tooth either. It's so unpretty to see. The second reason will be because of money. Actually,I prefer spending it on books or novels.

#60 eyoy

eyoy

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

nope, never done drugs or smoking..i tried alcohol once but i didnt like it..

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users