Lupin III: Part V (2018), IV (2015-16) & Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna (2012)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

senpai-kun

-nakama
Retired
LupintheThirdMineFujikotoIuOnna.jpg

Title: Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna; Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine; Lupin III
Date Aired: Apr 5, 2012
Producers: TMS Entertainment, FUNimation Entertainment
Director: Sayo Yamamoto
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Seinen
Episodes: 13

Synopsis: Many people are falling prey to a suspicious new religion. Lupin III infiltrates this group, hoping to steal the treasure their leader keeps hidden. There he lays eyes on the beautiful, bewitching woman who has the leader enthralled. This is the story of how fashionable female thief Fumiko Mine first met Lupin III, the greatest theif of his generation.

(Source: ANN, MAL)

My Thoughts: Sexpionage
smile.gif
Enjoy xD

quite impressed but somewhat confussed (starting with the opening) about watching more about this new Lupin III series "reboot", focusing even more in Fujiko this time which is a good thing ^^ ...its unique style is nostalgic and appealing but regarding plot or rather standalone stories is the usual Lupin "signature" madness, getting tiresome after so many decades since the 1967 manga and doesn't attract me that much nowadays (only the well known nudist Fujiko's antics that is
wink.gif
)

^ Tiresome? Speak for yourself since I plan to enjoy this one as I have all the other Lupin escapades to the fullest.
Now then...
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! I am an old Lupin fan from back in the day so to see such an awesome production team put together in order to honor super duper sexy Lupin and his obsession, the great Fujiko-chan, was beyond belief! **squeals** To see how they first met was a wonderful thing...bare breasted and high thighed, my girl has it going on! But then again, super duper sexy Lupin ain't no slouch in the sack either...he is yummy, suave, smart and smooth...can't wait to see my other two hot smokin men...I speak of none other than...Jigen and Goemon. Hell, I will take all three if you please.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

An added plus? The great Shinchiro Watanabe is the music producer...already, I am assured of a great and memorable music score.
wink.gif

Thanks, Ossan for the fine thread in honor of the great Lupin!
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

You can say what you want but Fujiko is just one of the hottest women out in the anime world. Period.

The animation style is really unique and unconventional but I like it. At least most of the times. The only part I dont like is when the characters are half-shadowed like Fujiko was at the end on her bike.

I cant remember Fujiko beeing that ruthless as in this ep. Sure she was always using and seducing everyone she can, but I never saw her as a bloody killer before. But I must say I havent watched a lot of Lupin III so maybe I just dont know the franchise good enough.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 11 2012, 09:45 AM) You can say what you want but Fujiko is just one of the hottest women out in the anime world. Period.

The animation style is really unique and unconventional but I like it. At least most of the times.

I cant remember Fujiko beeing that ruthless as in this ep. Sure she was always using and seducing everyone she can, but I never saw her as a bloody killer before. But I must say I havent watched a lot of Lupin III so maybe I just dont know the franchise good enough.
those are some of the main reasons why I decided to stick with this new retro adaptation making up my mind after watching the second ep, it was refreshing to know Lupin III isn't going to appear in every single episode like he used in all the other series and movies now with hottie Fujiko as the protagonist... looks like it'll be something between a reboot and a prequel about her meeting in each episode the main cast one by one then next will be Goemon and even Zenigata (personally) thus all of them gathering, about her being a bloody killer I think she'll stop murdering ruthlessly as seen in the previous adaptations just like Jigen who mentioned to quit killing people in the last seconds of ep.2 (btw there is a different ED with a younger Fujiko) lately to team up with Lupin when he meets him so having very low expectation I'll see how it will turn out with 6/10 for the moment.

You guys are right about the animation style being unique/artistic I can't really put my finger on another anime that I've seen which looks exactly like this one. It really goes well with the whole vibe of the show. The first episode was well done and with a nice little game of cat and mouse being played by Lupin and Fujiko. She is a hot little number and I would have been umm tailing her so to speak just like Lupin
ph34r.gif
I'm all for things heating up. The music maybe good but I don't care about the music just bring on more sexpionage!

Man...oh man! Absolutely loved hot gunner/sexy runner, Jigen's look. He looked especially yummy inside the casket...hell, I would so want him on top of me too...looking like he was.
wub.gif
Who would have thought that back in the day, slutty, but oh so sexy, Fujiko tried to smear him with her wares...
wink.gif
She sure as hell has the sexpot talent! No wonder she's got my man Lupin so wrapped around her sexual web...after having watched many of the movies and now, watching how it all started with her...I laugh at how completely both Jigen and Goemon, for that matter, just blow her off and disregard her as a sexual threat except of course, towards Lupin...but he is one cool cat who already is on to her and plays her up too. Old history, sure but after watching her try and bust a busty move on J-kun, well, I am looking forward to see how she will try and play the noble and oh so traditional samurai, Goemon.
rolleyes.gif

A great second ep of the for now best series this season (even before Fate Zero in my eyes).

I really liked the stylechanges Fujiko did. First her blonde voluptuous hair and then with her black hair tied back in the Kimono.
Ciccolina was quite hot too, but dangerous, far more than Fujiko since she was unstable. But that was probably exaclty the thing that drew Jigen towards her.

The second ED makes me hope for a backgroundstory about Fujiko and how she became a thief even though it looks ugly, very ugly. Not the animation, but what the ED indicates.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 16 2012, 10:47 AM)A great second ep of the for now best series this season (even before Fate Zero in my eyes).

The second ED makes me hope for a backgroundstory about Fujiko and how she became a thief even though it looks ugly, very ugly. Not the animation, but what the ED indicates.
^^ for the moment I'm quite satisfied to see this 40th anniversary adaption getting better episode by episode now with Fujiko meeting Goemon in ep.III and I'm looking forward to know about her past as well, the 3 previous TV series from 1971 to 1985 disappointed me and gradually I grew tired of their constant formula resulting between mediocre and bad in my opinion (after finishing them you'll know what I mean so here is the list of subbed eps to the date if anyone is interested : http://www.animehere.com/anime/lupin-iii.html )... that's the main reason of my initial expectation/score as average in contrast with the movies and OVAs/specials that are less tiresome turning out between good and decent (already watched the best ones I found subbed a while ago : http://www.animehere.com/search.html?keyword=lupin ), generally the iconic Lupin cast is what makes the franchise still popular nowadays and it all depends how the studios make the comedy and serious plot to be worth watching which this new series produced by Nabeshin is doing nicely so I hope it keeps that quality until the end (btw FTV's post #300000)
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 16 2012, 08:47 AM) for now best series this season

You may well be right but it is a tough call, imo, Ossi-san since there are others up there in stiff competition, with this piece of beautiful work. I remain very impressed with the style of animation and unique character design as well as the very interesting story.
Absolutely enjoyed seeing my Samurai friend dreamboat, noble Goemon again. His stoic demeanor though he bear a heart of gold, his prowess, with the way of the Samurai and that katana of his, showed super sexy and frisky Fujiko-chan who's in charge.
wink.gif

In the meantime..."I was captured by a woman's charm..."
wub.gif
And after what he sees while she makes her escape, he sure as hell was.
tongue.gif

Another beautiful story. I never wouldve thought that it was Fujiko who would ultimately bring together Lupin, Jigen and Goemon. Im looking forward to the situation that makes them form a combo for the first time. Or at least I think it was Fujiko, but it would be weird if not given that each of them hada ep with her.

@Yaya: Hmm the only three who would be up there fighting for spot one are Fate/Zero, Kuroko no Basket and Kimi to Boku 2. But Im still far too far beehind (about 50 eps overall, not counting movies, OVAs and specials) to make a judgement.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 21 2012, 03:56 PM) Another beautiful story. I never wouldve thought that it was Fujiko who would ultimately bring together Lupin, Jigen and Goemon. Im looking forward to the situation that makes them form a combo for the first time.
You know, Ossi-san, not only is it animated beautifully but also, very colorfully and stylish...Fujiko epitomizes sensuality in its most cunning form...very knowingly, does she use her sexual favors to get what she wants and even if she fails, she is one woman no man ever forgets. All men desire her while all women desire to be like her. She comes across as cold hearted and a loner but who really knows her? I liked her way with the royal children but then she confesses to Goemon that it "was all an act."
A sad reality...a cold and empty yet beautiful and super sexy tomb...looks never last, and time waits for no one...here's hoping somewhere in anime dreamland, Lupin takes pity on her, she opens herself up to him and they run away together...growing old alone, while lamenting one's physical beauty long gone, would be sad for our sex-pot Fujiko-chan. I wanna know she will at least grow old in Lupin's very reliable and sexy arms...
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Ah! I was off spinning my own story when bamn! I agree, Ossi-san, she very well may be the foundation that brought them all together...I agree.
wink.gif

I dont think it was all an act. Just like Goemon or Jigen she is deceiving herself. There are countless of times in both this series and other series and movies where you can see that she is not just some coldhearted femme fatale. She often lets her conscience get the better of her.
And as much as I like Lupin I dont think he deserves her. In the end he is still just a little teenager in puberty (except for some scenes where he mans up) and she needs a real man, someone she cant play with but doesnt play with her also.

Oh and in my last post I forgot the part of the sentence "together with this one" making it "Hmm the only three who would be up there fighting for spot one together with this one are Fate/Zero, Kuroko no Basket and Kimi to Boku 2

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 21 2012, 06:50 PM)as much as I like Lupin I dont think he deserves her. In the end he is still just a little teenager in puberty (except for some scenes where he mans up) and she needs a real man, someone she cant play with but doesnt play with her also.
telling by the symbolism of the opening I guess the only one who she can really love and trust is herself (with the two Fujikos kissing) while she frecuently betrays or seduces any man, including him obviously ^^ as I expected it was about time for a surprisingly serious Zenigata to have more screentime meeting her personally (or rather intimately) but also the first showdown with Lupin being chased closely by To-chan or "Pops" whose personality was more goofy in previous adaptions... his jealous sidekick Oscar seen in this ep.4 (and the first one) must be a new character as I don't remember him in any movie or episode of the old series (probably he appears in the manga), for me this is the best episode of MFtIO by the moment which reminded me Cyrano de Bergerac and of course the Phantom of the Opera but what cought my attention was that flashback of Fujiko's past which eventually will be revealed (I hope so)
ph34r.gif

Who wouldve thought that Zenigata would sleep with a thief? I defenitely not. At first I even thought it is someone completely different until he had is trademark, is hat, on.

Yes it too hope we get to know her past.

So Necro, how can you give this show a 7/10 when it is the best one this season oO You disappoint me.

On another note two days ago I finally got my Fujiko Figure. It cost me about 50€ (because it came from Italy since here in Germany you sadly dont get such stuff except for the really pricy ones) and I think its worth it. Height is about 33cm.

actually I was looking forward since the second episode for Jigen to confront Lupin by the first time and then become partners eventually (all the egyptian traps and treasures were a nice touch), thanks to that today I was reconsidering it with 8/10 but I'll wait until the origins of Fujiko are unveiled and the rest of the cast if possible as this is one of the very few series that quickly are getting better after some episodes... I hope this remains as good until the end as posted previously because I started to watch it with low expectations based from past adaptations, finishing 205 old TV eps and 16 long movies/OVAs/specials subbed (the rest are raw) so trust me Ossi when you watch them all you'll understand in case you're still disappointed ¬¬

about your latest Top 5 anime series list you should update it too with your favorite choices mentioned in a couple of posts above, including MFtIO as one of them now that you got a nice Fujiko figure recently ^^ talking about her I liked the analogy of ep.5 comparing her with a peacock but will be interesting to see what does the owl have in common with her... anyway it's not so hard to believe she can seduce even a hardcore defender of the law like Zenigata, his intention or rather obsession was clear enough when he let her go not only because she's irresistible but also help luring Lupin to catch and arrest him (something similar happens in the very first episode from 1971)
huh.gif

So you say that this show isnt better than the rest of the franchise if I understand you correctly. That makes me looking forward to watching them even more since this show is still the best this season.

Finally we got Lupin and Jigen facing off and maybe we even get an ep with them forming the team as we know it.

Yeah I added my Top10 now (widened it because there are so many good series airing currently, I couldve done a Top15 too). Im still behind with a lot of series but none of them have a chance to get into the Top10.

well right now it's on par or better than the rest of the franchise after ep.6 finally shows more childhood memories while doing the role of a hot teacher in the present, having some yuri action with her students o_O (I don't remember that happening in previous adaptations) but the fantasy was ruined thanks to that tranny Oscar in love with Zenigata ¬¬ though she managed to deceive him and switch his virgin Mary medallion with a grim reaper xD ...I guess Fujiko isn't only acting around to steal valuable stuff but also she has fun being honest sometimes trying to fill that greedy void of hers while she finds more meaning in her life after a twisted past, looks like some scientifics were testing her as some kind of human experiment to later become the extraordinary woman she is now but with half of this series done I wonder how many other surprises will await next ^^ up to 8/10 for the moment.

That was defenitely the hottest piece of Yuri Ive seen in anime. At least until the point we get to know it was actually Oscar -.- Im not surprised Fujiko can get the women too, especially if its in an all-girls school.

I really wouldve wanted to see how Oscar/Isolde got Angelica and her group on his side, since its quite unbelievable that they would shoot at someone.

about the unbelievable shooting I didn't like much how ep.1 started repeating exaggerated action that don't make sense and can't be taken seriously (like hundreds of bullets shot at Lupin and co. but never hurting them fatally), similar to the 70's and 80's TV episodes but that's part of the known franchise trademark after all ¬¬ ...while watching the next 3 eps it improved in quality compared to the old TV series but still wasn't as good as many Lupin movies/OVAs/specials and that's why my preliminar expectation was between the average scores I gave to the formats already mentioned, the major differences comparing them with the current series are the symbolisms (butterflies/owls/peacocks) and suggestive scenes balancing the serious plot with less comedy or impossible deeds ^^

well enough of rants leaving all that in the past and now passing with ep.7 it was cool to see Goemon again this time about the cold war and the cuban revolution, I can understand why the name Fidel Castro (looking as Che Guevara) was changed but dunno what's the point actually renaming countries (except Japan) and even oceans though most likely it was done purposely because this is a rewritten history... anyway I'm glad it still follows the mystery surrounding Fujiko and was a surprise she changed her mind about killing Kestro and find the location of the black gold, looks like her priority besides expensive stuff is to know her origins and really wishes where she belongs.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back