Game of Thrones

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Nioki

-dono
Sempai
GoT_Slider_Stark.jpg

OP sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8
Series debut in the US: April 17, 2011
Episode#: 10

Game of Thrones is a medieval fantasy television series created for HBO by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, featuring a predominantly British cast. The series is based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of seven planned fantasy novels, the first of which is called A Game of Thrones.

Set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, where "summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime," Game of Thrones chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's seven noble families for control of the Iron Throne; as the series opens, additional threats from the snow and ice covered region north of Westeros and from the eastern continent across a narrow sea are simultaneously beginning to rise.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones)

Main Characters:
  • Eddard Stark - Sean Bean
  • Robert Baratheon - Mark Addy
  • Tyrion Lannister - Peter Dinklage
  • Catelyn Stark - Michelle Fairley
  • Jaime Lannister - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
  • Cersei Lannister - Lena Headey
  • Daenerys Targaryen - Emilia Clarke
  • Jorah Mormont - Iain Glen
  • Petyr Baelish - Aidan Gillen
  • Viserys Targaryen - Harry Lloyd
  • Jon Snow - Kit Harington
  • Robb Stark - Richard Madden
  • Sansa Stark - Sophie Turner (not the supermodel)
  • Arya Stark - Maisie Williams
  • Theon Greyjoy - Alfie Allen
  • Bran Stark - Isaac Hempstead-Wright
  • Joffrey Baratheon - Jack Gleeson
  • Sandor Clegane - Rory McCann
  • Khal Drogo - Jason Momoa
Overall I enjoyed the series immensely. Among the best points of the series, is great acting, strong characters, beautiful, well-thought-out world and plot, and I jsut have to point out Peter Dinklage's just marvelous play here. One thing I want point out as bad is how short the series was. Every episode left me waiting for the next one, but even though they where an hour long each, they felt shorter than Bleach episodes minus op ed and recap
dry.gif
. Second season was confirmed though, so I'm looking forward to that.
ph34r.gif

My score as for a series is 9/10

Anyone else watched it? Did you enjoy it? Or if you didn't would you want to see it?

----
Season 2 Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvtkirHz5s

QUOTE Overall I enjoyed the series immensely. Among the best points of the series, is great acting, strong characters, beautiful, well-thought-out world and plot, and I jsut have to point out Peter Dinklage's just marvelous play here.
BB~san! Nice job with the thread...and with regards to what you have said, I totally agree with it all. I love the music from the series as the OP has become a favorite of mine.

QUOTE One thing I want point out as bad is how short the series was. Every episode left me waiting for the next one.
Same here my fine friend...same here.
wink.gif
But just think! We have a second season to look forward to and like you hinted at in one of your pms, when first I told you of this series, it will be an even better and more exciting season than the one that just wrapped up.
wink.gif

~~Winter is Coming~~
Will have more to add, later, after I think about just what happened in the final episode of season one.
To you members out there in FTV~land...I highly recommend this fine series...a nice break from anime watching for sure.
wink.gif

Ah...saw this on YT. ~A Song of Ice and Fire~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szQ-ZhVxZSU&feature=related

There are fans of this series on MAL and they are reporting that Season Two will not air until next year. So, I am waiting for the batch torrent for Season One...it will tide me over in time for ~Winter~

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jun 21 2011, 01:32 PM)There are fans of this series on MAL and they are reporting that Season Two will not air until next year. So, I am waiting for the batch torrent for Season One...it will tide me over in time for ~Winter~
Aww.. so long :C I'll have to find something to last me as well, because even though GofT was awesome, I cant be watching it 24/7, ne?
tongue.gif

Season two Teaser : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvtkirHz5s (added to opening post)

Aside from that, found some really nice arranges of the opening you so much like
tongue.gif

Metal Version
Rock/Heavy Metal Version
Medieval
Acoustic
Pianno!

Also seems like there is a Game of Thrones game being developed - Video from E3 2011

P.S. Some classic Tyrion Lannister awesomeness

Ah! I just got home from work and I was glad I had a long enough break to watch the final episode and it was grand! Looks like it's just you and me, BB~san.
wink.gif
Anyway, my favorite and most anticipated part of this last episode gave me chills...that of those three mysterious hatchlings, beautiful to behold, and forever loyal to their Queen...what a way to close out Season One!
I wanted to add more to my post with regards to those three beauties...but I am too tired to do so. As you can tell...they are my favorite of all the mystical and fantastical creatures...if only they had taken The Earthsea Books and done them this grand! What a great series it would have been...
wink.gif

I looked at some of those vids you posted, Nioki-san, arigato!
Season One...9/10 But....the last 5 mins. of this last episode? 10/10
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jun 21 2011, 07:05 PM) Ah! I just got home from work and I was glad I had a long enough break to watch the final episode and it was grand! Looks like it's just you and me, BB~san.
wink.gif
Anyway, my favorite and most anticipated part of this last episode gave me chills...that of those three mysterious hatchlings, beautiful to behold, and forever loyal to their Queen...what a way to close out Season One!
I wanted to add more to my post with regards to those three beauties...but I am too tired to do so. As you can tell...they are my favorite of all the mystical and fantastical creatures...if only they had taken The Earthsea Books and done them this grand! What a great series it would have been...
wink.gif

I looked at some of those vids you posted, Nioki-san, arigato!
Season One...9/10 But....the last 5 mins. of this last episode? 10/10
tongue.gif

Ah yeah, really likes how they made those hatchlings. Even though last moments were pretty nice, I actually found it odd how they all went to sleep there... like 'oh well, I'm tried of watching the 'bonfire' so I'll take a nap' xD (gosh I sound evil here)

Ohhh, Earthsea.. I so love em
wub.gif
Well we have a 'Tales from Earthsea (Ged's War Chronicles)' However, sadly, that was nothing but a mash of all the Ged related stories with addition of other, out-of-place things. Hayao shouldn't have given his son charge of making it :/

A Wizard of Earthsea was and is my favorite of all followed by the final novel, The Other Wind. A wonderful story...
wink.gif
Anyway, I do agree, had it been done justice as it deserved, well, I know it would have been great. Ms. Guin, herself, was said to be "very unhappy" with the movie's interpretation of all things Earthsea.
Anyway, I was looking for some fan art and look what I found!
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/05/11/m...ame-of-thrones/
Now, if it becomes reality, I am so in! And if it becomes an anime...even better!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nioki @ Jun 21 2011, 09:47 AM) I actually found it odd how they all went to sleep there... like 'oh well, I'm tried of watching the 'bonfire' so I'll take a nap' xD  (gosh I sound evil here)

I think in ancient times and maybe to this day, it is a custom to keep vigil in the wake of a cremation or burial. So if the ones who remained were loyal to both Drogo and Daenerys, then I found it fitting they stayed until the end...I mean they were rewarded for such loyalty by bearing witness to what she told them before she entered her beloved's funeral pyre..."that she is a true daughter of the Dragons and the blood of such, runs through her veins." Well, I know I am paraphrasing it but to be able to prove it and see those three hatchlings attached to her so fiercely as if she was their mother...well, she is since she cared for those three with much devotion and veneration...She is their Queen. I can't wait until we see that part of this wonderful story unfold.
I don't care how powerful a man's ambition is to lord over people and land...in the presence of such splendor and such terrible power...man is but an ant.
wink.gif

game.jpg

QUOTE (Nioki @ Jun 21 2011, 07:21 AM) Some classic Tyrion Lannister awesomeness
"I'm telling mother!"
tongue.gif
I love Tyrion! The soon-to-be hand of the King...let's hope we see more hand slapping to the silly and arrogant King Joffery!
An interview...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4elml_5Udw&feature=related

Game Of Thrones: The Artisans - Simon Brindle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7YOJruMiJg&feature=related

Drogo! The new Conan...
wub.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWNALbabeQ&feature=related
and an interview...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LvxHphVzJg&feature=related

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jun 22 2011, 10:27 AM)I think in ancient times and maybe to this day, it is a custom to keep vigil in the wake of a cremation or burial.
Oh.. well maybe that was the case then, thanks for giving an explanation ^^

QUOTE Anyway, I was looking for some fan art and look what I found!
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/05/11/m...ame-of-thrones/
Now, if it becomes reality, I am so in! And if it becomes an anime...even better!
Lol, quite contrasting with the series. Mhm, doubt that will happen anytime soon if ever for several reason. And actually I doubt I'd like it since it would be pretty hard to find fitting voice actors for this kinda of story (in my eyes).

Wow...to say that time flies is an understatement; to see myself still here though not as much as before, well, even moreso. But I digress! The beautiful month of April is soon upon us and not only with an all new anime season but with one of the most highly anticipated series as well...Season II of Game of Thrones.
I really look forward to it!
One of the more hated characters and quite a good actor for that reason alone...
Game Of Thrones Season 2: Character Featurette - Joffrey Baratheon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=s5mZD9a_62Q
There are lots of trailers but this one was most interesting since I wanna see the mama's monster boy become even more mad with power...may he wreck complete and utter havoc upon the House of Lannister.
tongue.gif

sad.gif
I am so sad to say that i can't watch this series. The only episode i saw was the first one as it was aired as an example.
I have the books though so i do know the story. For me Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow are pretty good characters.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Mar 13 2012, 02:32 PM) Wow...to say that time flies is an understatement; to see myself still here though not as much as before, well, even moreso. But I digress! The beautiful month of April is soon upon us and not only with an all new anime season but with one of the most highly anticipated series as well...Season II of Game of Thrones.
I really look forward to it!
Yeah count me in with you as being in high anticipation mode for season 2. My other favorite show the Walking Dead's season 2 will be just ending and I couldn't think of a better time for Game of Thrones to start back up.

I'm re-watching the first season of game of thrones before the season premiere. I didn't realize the Lannister brother and sister were twins. Somehow it seems extra wrong now after watching them umm get caught in the act at the end of the very first episode o_O All be it even without being twins I'm fully aware it's still really creepy. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of other small details I'll be picking up on that I missed or simply forgot the first time around.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 13 2012, 03:23 PM)I am so sad to say that i can't watch this series. The only episode i saw was the first one as it was aired as an example.
I have the books though so i do know the story. For me Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow are pretty good characters.
I wonder where do you live that it can only be seen as an example? Aren't there plenty of other ways to get around that if you really wanted to watch the show.

It is broadcast on a pay-per-view channel. I can watch it if i get a digital receiver and a subscription but to do that for one show is just too expensive.
However i did find some nice place where i can watch it so today i watched the first episodes
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 17 2012, 04:34 PM) It is broadcast on a pay-per-view channel. I can watch it if i get a digital receiver and a subscription but to do that for one show is just too expensive.
However i did find some nice place where i can watch it so today i watched the first episodes 
smile.gif

Oh yeah that can be an issue; it's a pay-per-view channel everywhere it airs I would think. To be honest I'm not sure I even still have the channel it airs on where I live. I don't watch half of the channels that the dish service provides anyways. Either way it still won't be a problem to watch it thanks to the generous accessibility that the net provides.

@Yaya - When I was watching episode two I started to think how would you handle a certain situation from a women's perspective. I noticed that Eddard's wife basically detests the son that is not hers by birth. Originally it made me dislike her a little bit (I began to like her more as the series progressed) because you can see that he cares about his siblings and it bothers him that he is somewhat looked at as the black sheep of the family by outsiders.

So my hypothetical is what if your husband left for war and came back with a newborn child? Would you hate the child but still show so much love toward your husband? It wasn't the child's fault that he conceived by another women. IDK I just thought that whole family dynamic was pretty interesting. I wonder if the son would be going to fight along the wall as a knight's watchman (I think it was called) like a castaway if he was born from Eddard's wife.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 17 2012, 02:48 PM) @Yaya - When I was watching episode two I started to think how would you handle a certain situation from a women's perspective. I noticed that Eddard's wife basically detests the son that is not hers by birth. Originally it made me dislike her a little bit (I began to like her more as the series progressed) because you can see that he cares about his siblings and it bothers him that he is somewhat looked at as the black sheep of the family by outsiders. 
So my hypothetical is what if your husband left for war and came back with a newborn child? Would you hate the child but still show so much love toward your husband? It wasn't the child's fault that he conceived by another women. IDK I just thought that whole family dynamic was pretty interesting. I wonder if the son would be going to fight along the wall as a knight's watchman (I think it was called) like a castaway if he was born from Eddard's wife.
Hum...a tough one but when one considers the child is not at fault for daddy's indiscretions, I would have to buck up and after yelling, and crying and screaming at his behavior, I would consider very carefully what is best for the child. Now granted, in those days, a bastard was a bastard, no matter and society for the most part, condemned you irregardless of whether or not daddy loved you. She, (Ned's wife) was of royal stock and had certain standards to uphold. I suppose I would venture to say, her station in life was not going to allow her the luxury of loving a bastard child since she had an example to uphold in court and in society. But Ned was more reasonable...he truly did love Jon and to hell with what others thought, as he sought to rear him in the confines of his home. His half brothers and sisters loved him too and that must have been a great consolation to Ned and Jon. The wife is the one who turned her face away and denied Jon any room in her heart as I wonder if it would have mattered and folks in high society maybe would have gone easier on him but I doubt it since like I said...a bastard child was always going to be stained and cast aside no matter if later, he would rise in the ranks.
Now, had it been me married to Ned...knowing what I am capable of and knowing what awaited him as a child black balled for being born outside of what was then considered "polite society" I would have loved him and would have raised him to the best of my ability. I would always know he was going to suffer his father's sins but damn, if I was not gonna go against the grain and love him and raise him as my own.
I cannot understand how she could adore Ned so completely while hating one who was so much a part of him...and especially, one whom he loved very, very much.
I see Jon Snow as a noble young man albeit, a tragic one. I am sure Ned did too and that must have been a burden that at times was too much to bear.
As to whether Jon would still be a knight's watchman forever bound to that pledge and that dreadful wall...no way. Men of high rank and blue blood were afforded greater luxuries...the spoils of war, the realm of power, the beds of many willing women...no matter if they were sister, sister-in-law or your own wife or servant...for you see, my dear Witty-san...men of rank were forever meant to drown in wine, women and song...power and betrayal were the games they played when less occupied.
Damn! Long winded but damn fun!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Hmm I thought your response would be along those lines. Although she did allow Jon to take up residency in their home but that could have been Ned driven more than anything else. I mostly wondered how Ned seemed to be showered with love but Jon met with her complete disdain. Though everyone's reasons and feelings don't always need to be completely logical. If I were somehow in her shoes maybe I would also hold some level of contempt (all be it small) as well. Plus like you said her lineage and standing in society probably play a factor in that.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 18 2012, 11:51 AM) Hmm I thought your response would be along those lines. Although she did allow Jon to take up residency in their home but that could have been Ned driven more than anything else. I mostly wondered how Ned seemed to be showered with love but Jon met with her complete disdain. Though everyone's reasons and feelings don't always need to be completely logical. If I were somehow in her shoes maybe I would also hold some level of contempt (all be it small) as well. Plus like you said her lineage and standing in society probably play a factor in that.
Well, who knows how long I would have held out to be honest, but if I adore my husband the way she did, hum...that baby has to mean something. I am sure Jon was a constant reminder of his father's betrayal but heck, not his fault. Anyway, for all of her fawning over Ned, she still reared that ugly memory when they squabbled and threw it right smack in his face...so resentment lay dormant until it was needed. Sad...
dry.gif

Well, I am sure we will have more to talk about as the second season will soon start and I for one, am really looking forward to it.
Game Of Thrones Season 2 Trailer: 'Price for Our Sins'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8lG_Kn_FTQ

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Mar 18 2012, 02:27 PM)Well, I am sure we will have more to talk about as the second season will soon start and I for one, am really looking forward to it.
Game Of Thrones Season 2 Trailer: 'Price for Our Sins'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8lG_Kn_FTQ
That's true and I finished re-watching it now as well. So I gotta ask who were your top three favorite characters from the first season? I needed a character tree because it's nearly impossible for me to remember all their names.

GameofThronesCharacterTree.jpg

Here were my favorite three characters:

Peter Baelish aka "Little finger" - This character was highly impressive to me. He realized that his skills were not fit for fighting so he uses his cunning to stay in a position of power. He had one of my favorite quotes of the season. He said something along the lines of, "I won't fight them I'll F*** them." It was fitting seeing as to how he runs that whorehouse lol. Plus he understands the true value of the coin. He told Ned that in the end the soldiers side with the person who pays them -- it proved to be a valuable lesson indeed.

Tyrion Lannister aka "Imp" - He was my hands down favorite character of the first season. On the surface he may seem to be somewhat of a villain at the beginning of the series but by the end he proves to be so much more. The guy will simply keep it real with you and never mince words. On one hand he is calling Jon Snow the bastard child in one scene but he's teaching him valuable lessons in the next. I liked when he told the story of his first love. He didn't know that she was actually a whore that Jaime had hired. So when he marries her (after one night together lol) his father teaches him a lesson on one's family station by letting his soldiers have their way with her. Talk about a cruel lesson to learn.

Jon Snow - I can't help but respect the guy being the bastard son of the family. Instead of having a woe is me attitude he treats his siblings with love & respect. I liked the scene where he gave Arya that small sword (needle lol) before he left to go to the wall. It was especially funny when Ned asked Arya later on did she even know how to use it and she was like stick him with the pointy end lol. I liked when Jon was faced with that tough decision on whether or not to go help Rob avenge their father. At first I was thinking screw the knights watchmen & go help your family but after watching it a second time I changed my mind. He made a vow to protect the realm and it is just as important to fight the unknown outside the wall as it is to wage war with your family.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back