Do you smoke or do drugs?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Have your ever smoked or did drugs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

• Sometimes

• I quit

• Once in a blue moon

• I did it once and never again

• Total voters

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well, this is a pretty interesting topic. I'm a bit surprised no one has made a thread about this issue yet.

So, the question is simple, have you ever smoked or done drugs of any kind before. Not medical drugs like Tylenol (unless your addicted to it). It would be interesting to know who has done drugs or not and how many people have done it. Me, I've never done any in my life, nor do I plan to do any. It's a promise to myself. no ones forcing me to do drugs, I just made the rule because I don't want to. Why do people do drugs? All they do is harm your body, but people still do it, why? Family issues, school issues, work issues? Are these good enough reasons?

The purpose of this thread is to discuss why people do drugs and to discuss how more and more teens are doing drugs each year.

NOTE: This thread is not a thread to blame those who have done drugs, but to discuss the issue behind why they did it.

Ive never smoked and never done any drugs (including alcohol) of course this is due to some painful memories these things had brought me.

So... why is this only about smoking or drugs... why not including alcoholic drinks as well? If you meant to discuss stuff in that direction...

I never smoked... I lost 15% of my capability of breathing like an average person. It's not like I have astma or something, still nothing to worry about, but it's the wrong thread to talk about that.

I don't do drugs.. because in my opinion, it can be very dangerous.. what starts as little bits of weed/cannabis, can turn out to heroin. I have a friend though.. he got involved with the wrong "friends" few years ago... experimenting with all kinds of soft drugs... I never liked it, but I know him too long to think that he'll get into serious problems.. (I hope) he says that those drugs don't do much to his body.. and that alcoholic stuff do more damage than any of the drugs he uses.. I wonder what kind of drugs that would be though..

QUOTE (Noshi @ Dec 30 2006, 04:07 PM) So... why is this only about smoking or drugs... why not including alcoholic drinks as well? If you meant to discuss stuff in that direction...

Shouldn't alcholics have a seperate thread, I was going to include it, but was worried the mods would say that it didn't belong there. Should I make a new thread for it or include the topic here?

Also, this guy came to my high school and told us 3 simple sentences.

"It's okay not to do drug's."
"It's okay not to smoke."
"It's okay not to drink."

Your probably wondering, whats this guy talkin about? Well, most people start doing drugs, smokin, drinking cause of peer pressure or to stay cool with their friends. They then come to a point where they don't know what to do, they're lost and can only keep on taking drugs until they break down and die. If you take drugs, you will die, it may not be right away but you will eventually die at an early age unless you quit. You will become obsessed with drugs and be forced to do "anything" to get more. You will lose everything you had, your dreams will vanish, your career will fall down hill. Your life will be screwed forever.

QUOTE (Noshi @ Dec 30 2006, 11:07 PM) So... why is this only about smoking or drugs... why not including alcoholic drinks as well? If you meant to discuss stuff in that direction...

I think it depends if you wanted to discuss it in that perspective... since it seems so, you could include it within the topic.. wouldn't hurt I guess. They are all for some ppl's enjoyments... but they can cause damage to the body...

so ok.. alchohol.. it's weird, but a lot of ppl I know who don't smoke "because it's unhealthy" do drink alchoholic stuff, because "it doesn't do damage as smokind does" ... I'm one of those ppl, but not because of those reasons.
Smoking smells bad... gives you bad skin and breath... alchoholic drinks taste better

QUOTE (Noshi @ Dec 30 2006, 04:53 PM) so ok.. alchohol.. it's weird, but a lot of ppl I know who don't smoke "because it's unhealthy" do drink alchoholic stuff, because "it doesn't do damage as smokind does"

Well, drinking can also screw you up if your hard core. I've never drank any alcohol in my life nor will I ever cause I don't want to. It's not the best thing to drink. It kills your liver, gets you impaired and plus, you can get yourself killed if your dumb enough to drive drunk. Alcohol is just as bad as any other drug, it can ruin your life too. Unless you drink responsibly, your gonna kill your body. It really depends how much you drink. But in the end, drinking can be one of the worst things you can do to yourself. It's best to avoid it if you can.

You kind of made it sound like drinking alcohol was okay and fine for you with no negative effects, which is not true. In the long run, you'll begin to feel those negative effects if you drink too much. Alcohol can be as bad as doing drugs and smoking if you drink enough of it.

I've smoked pot about 5 years before I quit it. That was when I visited a coffeeshop in netherland (I live in Germany) and talked to some older people that have smoked a long time. You wont imagine how confused these guys were ..

I tested several other drugs. Not Heroin or something like that, but lot of other stuff like Extacy and so on.

It was really tough to get away from all these drugs. Especially couz my whole friends circle was smoking pot. Thats why I decided to seperate myself from them, because they didnt wanted to stop it like me.

About a year ago I met one of those friends. In fact he wasnt able to speak to me like a normal human. He often stopped talking in the middle of a phrase and things like that.

Smoking pot for example is much more dangerous than drinking alcohol. You might dont get that fast addicted, but you destroy your body. Smoking weed is much more cancer-causing than normal cigarettes. 2 Joints are like 2 packages of cigarettes, for example. You lose your life and after smoking some years you recognice that you are already adult, but still feel like the child you were when you started to take drugs.

And well .. you dont want to know how tough a deprivation can be. Damn realistic dreams, sweat-accesses, shiver-accesses and thats only with weed. I dont want to know what its like when you try to get away from "harder" drugs.
Besides you will allways have the feeling that you would like to smoke a little joint, but if you are smart you know that the whole thing will start over again if you do so.

I can only recommend everyone to stay away from all kinds of drugs. Even if its "only" weed. Theres a good reason that its forbidden.

I hope you understand everything or a little bit. My english is not really good.
tongue.gif

I don't smoke or drink or anything because of 3 reasons:
1) I have asthma and I'm totally screwed if I do either.
2) Its against my religion.. not really against but it isn't recommended
3) I'm Straightedge
and also, I've drank a bit once but hated it. The taste, how it felt, and how it looked... this was like 11 years ago.

QUOTE (malfion @ Dec 30 2006, 05:17 PM) I've drank a bit once but hated it. The taste, how it felt, and how it looked... this was like 11 years ago.
True true, drinking probably does taste awful. It smells awful, so I figure it tastes awful as well.

QUOTE (shun20 @ Dec 30 2006, 05:15 PM) I hope you understand everything or a little bit. My english is not really good.
tongue.gif

Nice points
wink.gif
Also, you english was fine lol, I understood everything
laugh.gif

QUOTE (shun20 @ Dec 31 2006, 12:15 AM) I've smoked pot about 5 years before I quit it. That was when I visited a coffeeshop in netherland (I live in Germany) and talked to some older people that have smoked a long time. You wont imagine how confused these guys were ..
Dude, what are you talking about? I AM from the netherlands XD
haha just kidding, I know what you're talking about... I know kids who started smoking at the age of 12... now that IS bad... one guy switched over to weed by now... (14 now)

Anyway...
@ Inuyasha I know that alchol can have the same bad effects as any other drug... I don't drink it that much... just sometimes with friends I don't mind having a beer here or there.. and the age for driving is 18 here, age for drinking alchoholic stuff 16.. so yeah.. no driving for me, just the safe cycle roads ^^

QUOTE (Noshi @ Dec 30 2006, 04:33 PM) Dude, what are you talking about? I AM from the netherlands XD
haha just kidding, I know what you're talking about... I know kids who started smoking at the age of 12... now that IS bad... one guy switched over to weed by now... (14 now)

I have heard recently that nowadays even more german people are smoking than netherlands. Its about 3% of the netherland population and 5% of germanys. Thats kinda sad ..
sad.gif

But Hey, I can say that every netherland person I spoke to so far was really kind. Really there are many nice guys over there.
biggrin.gif

Right now I do smoke (cigarettes) but do not do drugs. In the past I have tried drugs (only marijuana nothing else).

I've smoked cigs in the past, and I never understood how they were addictive. I love the smell of them when they're smoked outside actually, but I don't smoke them, I've only smoked a few in the past. I don't see how they're "cool" either. How is something that tastes nasty, kills, and is heavily taxed "cool"? I'm a curious person, thats about the only reason for even bothering - I wanted to test their addictive properties and physical as well as psychological effects. I'm a weirdo.

I'll drink on occasion, but usually only if it compliments a meal or just for fun: not to get drunk though (never been drunk). Intentionally imparing judgement seems silly to me. Part of my family's culture is having alcohol with meals or on special occasions, so its always been something to enhance a situation, not take place of it.

QUOTE (Nivech @ Dec 30 2006, 09:35 PM) I've smoked cigs in the past, and I never understood how they were addictive. I love the smell of them when they're smoked outside actually, but I don't smoke them, I've only smoked a few in the past. I don't see how they're "cool" either. How is something that tastes nasty, kills, and is heavily taxed "cool"? I'm a curious person, thats about the only reason for even bothering - I wanted to test their addictive properties and physical as well as psychological effects. I'm a weirdo.

I'll drink on occasion, but usually only if it compliments a meal or just for fun: not to get drunk though (never been drunk). Intentionally imparing judgement seems silly to me. Part of my family's culture is having alcohol with meals or on special occasions, so its always been something to enhance a situation, not take place of it.
Cigarettes are usually only considered "cool" by kids who get their hands on to a pack and smoke them in front of their friends thinking they're more grown up. For me I'm not addicted to cigarettes because I don't have a cig everyday, I usually smoke a cig or two when I'm really stressed out over work or other daily problems. They help me relax and unwind when I need to, so I don't see the hurt in smoking in moderation. I live in LA so I'd say the smog and pollution does more damage.

Okay, so who's the other person who voted yes. I do drugs from time to time for my own amuzement. I start off with a little bit of Hashish and finish off with a very small bit of cocaine. I use them knowing the consequences but, I'm afraid I just cannot say I use them only for amuzement. You see, there are times when you'd like to get high so you'd forget about your problems and "not be nervous" for a moment or two so you can "cool off." I wouldn't recommend it to anyone... It is only a bad hobbie any nothing more.

"To gain something, you must sacrifice something else first."

I have never done drugs, smoked cigarettes, or drank alcohol (other than communion). There are other (and better) ways to relax or to amuse onesself.

If one has problems (and we all do), it seems to me that drugs merely compound the problem, either by making us less able to deal with the real problem or by adding another one to the mix. Cocaine is addictive. If you are not careful, noob, you will find yourself to have become an addict and your hobby to have become a terrible and compulsive habit.

And maybe, instead of needing to forget about your problems, you can work on fixing them? Once fixed, they won't bother you. Or at the least, you might make the situation better.

Regards,

QUOTE (rtgmath @ Dec 31 2006, 09:43 AM) I have never done drugs, smoked cigarettes, or drank alcohol (other than communion). There are other (and better) ways to relax or to amuse onesself.

If one has problems (and we all do), it seems to me that drugs merely compound the problem, either by making us less able to deal with the real problem or by adding another one to the mix. Cocaine is addictive. If you are not careful, noob, you will find yourself to have become an addict and your hobby to have become a terrible and compulsive habit.

And maybe, instead of needing to forget about your problems, you can work on fixing them? Once fixed, they won't bother you. Or at the least, you might make the situation better.

Regards,
Once again, we hear the wisdom of rgtmath
tongue.gif
I tip my cap to you sir.

Also, noob, like rgtmath said, what starts out as a simple stress relieving hobby, can lead to doing "anything" for more. If I'm not mistaken, these drugs are costly. Many people eventually come to a point where they're so addicted, they cant stop and eventually then cant afford them. Many people even live on the streets because they the drugs have messed them up so much, all they can do is huddle in a corner and stay there. The teacher who came to my school said, "you will die if you do drugs, it may not be right away, but you will die." Those words may be a bit blown out of proportion. But it does happen a lot to people. Drugs are not a way to fix your problems, they will only make them worse in the near future and only then will you truly realise what a mistake you made. But by then, your life will likely be upside down and full of misery and pain that can never go away. A kid on my street does drugs. He offered me it once (he was younger than me), I wanted to knock him out, but it's his choice, frankly, why should I bother. It's not like I can make a difference in him. That's his families job. If you've already started, your just going to go down hill, unless you seek help. You career will fall with you as well, all your hopes and dreams and potencial with wither away.

Many people cannot stop once they start. Soon, you'll find yourself wanting more.

QUOTE (rtgmath @ Dec 31 2006, 08:43 AM) If one has problems (and we all do), it seems to me that drugs merely compound the problem, either by making us less able to deal with the real problem or by adding another one to the mix. Cocaine is addictive. If you are not careful, noob, you will find yourself to have become an addict and your hobby to have become a terrible and compulsive habit.

Regards,
I understand your argument, however not all problems can be solved just by "relaxing" and "trying to solve it elsewise." Some problems need to be left alone for a while and then be fixed. It's just like math problems. You have a problem with one, you leave it and go to the other one, solve the next one and then try to solve the previous one. The whole point of smoking is to lose the ability to think properly for a while and leaving the problem alone. And no, they're not simple problems that can be solved "easily" by thinking "hard"
rolleyes.gif
and you, as an "old & wise" person should know that better.

lol...

QUOTE The teacher who came to my school said, "you will die if you do drugs, it may not be right away, but you will die."

I hope you do understand that people will die one way or another. I'd rather die in the way I want to. Believe me, sometimes by shortening your life by 12 hours, you save about 20 years.

QUOTE Drugs are not a way to fix your problems,

Drugs don't solve my problems, they delay my intention of facing them and give me few different perspectives.

edit: Addiction and hobby are two different things.

Actually, you can shorten your life signifigantly with drugs. It's not 12 hours, thats a joke. It depends how much you take and how much your addicted to it. Most people end up commiting suicide before they break down with the drugs they take. So what can be as little as 12 hours can be as large as 12+ years.

To do drugs is no hobby and there is no way to call it something like that. A hobby is something like playing soccer, watching animes. Its the same as calling alcohol your hobby. Besides there are only 5 people of 100 that are able to smoke weed for example only now and then. I wasnt able to and if I smoke only one joint I would propably become addicted again.

I guess it depends on how much you did. When there was a time where you smoked about 1 gr. a day for one month, for example. Its defenitly not possible to smoke it only once in a week or something, because you are going to become addicted again.

I dont know how often you do drugs, but if you call it a hobby I would try to think about the reason why you do so. Theres no profit in doing drugs. If you think there is you are already addicted. Thats at least what I know due to my experiece.

@InuyashaX I dont think many people commit suizide, because of doing drugs. Its more the reason why you started to do so. For example your life is bad thats why you do drugs to forget about it. Even if its only for a few hours.

P.S. Dont forget: 1 joint = 1 package of cigs

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back