Happy Easter to Everyone!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Void Zero

-chan
Kouhai
...And best wishes
tongue.gif

I know, it's a bit too early, but I'm leaving my pc (and *sob* FTV) for few weeks, so I'd like to greet everybody!
rolleyes.gif

* * * Happy Easter to the greatest community of FTV! * * *

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Apr 17 2006, 08:44 AM) Here's a question ... how many people on FSTV celebrate Easter? (or your family celebrates?)
To be honest... I dont even know what it is. I ve heard americans do celebrate it. But what we do in my country is that we cant eat meat the period Jesus died, till he resurrected; is it like that?

Yes, Easter is a Christian holiday celebrating the death/birth of Christ. In Canada, we get both Good Friday (the day Jesus died) and Easter Sunday/Monday off (the latter actually just a government holiday now, and of no religious importance as far as I know). Sunday would be the celebration of his rebirth.

A lot of people who celebrate Easter go to church on Sunday morning, and then do a family dinner much like on Thanksgiving/Christmas (or at least a lot of people I know, that will differ)

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Apr 17 2006, 12:55 PM) then do a family dinner much like on Thanksgiving/Christmas (or at least a lot of people I know, that will differ)
I always have a supper with my family on easter. Having a long weekend is a great opportunity to met with people you care about but don't get to see often.

Felices Pascuas! ^^ lol sorry for this necrobump 7 years later (I prefered to post this here instead of creating a new thread), erm about tomorrow's April Fools day I was thinking what bad anime theme will fit better for my ava and sig to rick-roll... last year was about the horrid Isshoni *with Hinako series as my average score is 1/10 (OVA 3 'Bathtime'* got 2/10, ep.1 'Training'* 1/10 and ep.2 'Sleeping'* 0/10) so what are the worst anime you remember? any suggestion will be appreciated xD

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Mar 31 2013, 01:45 PM)Felices Pascuas! ^^ lol sorry for this necrobump 7 years later (I prefered to post this here instead of creating a new thread), erm about tomorrow's April Fools day I was thinking what bad anime theme will fit better for my ava and sig to rick-roll... last year was about the horrid Isshoni *with Hinako series as my average score is 1/10 (OVA 3 'Bathtime'* got 2/10, ep.1 'Training'* 1/10 and ep.2 'Sleeping'* 0/10) so what are the worst anime you remember? any suggestion will be appreciated
tongue.gif

#1. Kill Me Baby. - Seemed like it tried to be clever and spastic like Acchi Kochi or Pani Poni, but FAILED.

#2. Queens Blade. - Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of a gathering of beautiful, scantily-clad women... But WOW, you know an anime is bad when it tries to lure you in with BLATANT sexual visuals, jokes, and innuendo, but STILL fails to be bearable! (There is a practically naked woman who, now get this, has a schizophrenic personality disorder, and as part of her priestess duties must dance erotically under the moonlight with a bunch of little horns attached to her that move and wriggle around her kind of like she is being tentacle-raped, all the while she's gasping and moaning..). Gee, I wonder why she's mentally unstable? Oh, and the uber-hot Elf has a Python that wraps around her neither-regions, but seems to come off almost every time she's on screen for almost anything at all... Oh, and she's a raging lesbian. Did I mention unbearable?

Don't sugar-coat it, I can take the truth! Some guys are going to go and look for this anime specifically because of the descriptions above, aren't they?
rolleyes.gif
LOL

#3. DearS. - See Queens Blade. Nothing more worth saying.

#4. Sailor Moon. - Sorry. I know this was the "gateway drug" for many anime fans, so this will be criticized probably more than anything else I will ever write... But it almost put me off anime before I even knew what anime was.. And I STARTED with the bottom of the barrel to begin with! (Marine boy, Speed Racer, Gigantor...). If I can stomach an anime that has a little Boy in a school uniform (With knee-high shorts to top it off!) running around the Antarctic in a blizzard, (Again, he's in SHORTS!) yelling for "Dick Strong", (Yes, that was actually the man's name!) and Sailor Moon STILL makes me cringe, something is very wrong... LOL. (Yes, one of the main characters in Gigantor was REALLY named Dick Strong in the English dub. I assume as a thumbing of the nose against the era's levels of censorship.)

#5. Ragnarok. - I REALLY wanted to like this show. But it was just SO bad! By the end of the first arc, I was rooting for the monsters! Seriously! Oh, and the uber-powerful female character, (Not the main female character, as she's a back-stabbing @&$&@ later on.) wears a bondage face mask that is missing little more than a ball-gag to be grossly, well, gross.

#6. Kaze No Stigma. - Tsundere heroines should have a limit to both the TSUN and the DERE! By the end of the first episode, you just hate her! There is a rule I go by which I've named "The airlock maxim". (Created after subjecting myself to the characters of "Earth2" where this one little girl would almost each week do EXACTLY as she was told not to, endangering the entire settlement. They would have been so much safer if they had shoved her out of the airlock into hard vacuum before they landed!). This main character needed to be in the proximity of an airlock EVERY episode of the anime's run! (I can think of no greater insult to a character than that!)

Well, hopefully these have supplied you with at least a little source material for your project.
laugh.gif

Oh, and before I forget, an honorable mention for "My sister is among them". Over-used archetypes, mentally unstable girls, potential for incest is only a problem because it could cause a "scandal", and NOTHING ever gets resolved! They don't even narrow it down by the last episode. There is misinformation discovered which potentially puts the guy right back at square one!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back