Happy Holidays - Thanksgiving

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
Look like I'll be going home for Thanksgiving. Yay!

I was planning on doing some work on the site this week but I guess it'll have to wait till later.

See you all later, Happy Holidays everyone.

me too im in australia

they dont believe in thanksgiving ...

happy holiday ... sshow us a picture of u and ur turkey hahah

although it kinda late..but happy thanksgiving to you all!

and btw, this post is moved to general.

Hmm.. May i know how do you celebrate thanks giving?

Just give a brief detail if possible please.... i just wanna enlighten myself.
unsure.gif

i dont celebrate thanksgiving cuz im muslim.
but i think they usually set a dinner and eat turkey..big one suppose better..am i right? the family gathered and enjoy the fun

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO MY GOOD FRIEND

may this holiday be a safe one for all of us, and hope all of us enjoy whats coming up and hopefully everyone shares lots of pictures with us ... to admire at the great things you guys done ...

as for those americans ... i wanna see turkeys ... in australia they dont have thanksgiving ><

I don't celebrate it either, but happy thanksgiving to those who do
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CRMSON @ Nov 24 2005, 06:46 PM)happy turkey day...though for us canadians...ours was way back in october..I never knew exactly why those the american thanksgiving and the canadian one are not at the same time!!

Anyway, happy turkey day to everyone who eats it.

It snowed here in Nov 2004 just before Thanksgiving. We had 3ft/~1m and were snowed in.
biggrin.gif

Oh yes, did I mention summer temps here are about 115F/46C? Last summer during a heat wave in July I read 133F/56C in my car in the middle of the city and 122/~43C in the middle of the desert driving home. Up where I live at 4,000ft/1220m it was 105F, very nice at that temperature.

Now let's see, it's almost winter and <70F/21C, I'm cold. I do not do snow, rain, sleet, or anything wet.

It can get into the 20sF/5-7C and we do get sandstorms Did you know that .5in/125mm in the desert can create a dangerous flashflood?

The desert is well known for it's extremes, I love it here.

Well once I tried to make Thanksgiving dinner for my roomie and some friends since they lived pretty far from home. I thought it couldn't be that hard since I've seen my mom do it on countless occasions. All I can say is what a total disaster it turned out to be lol. You would think that eight people could follow instructions and make at least an edible dinner but we ultimately just ended up eating chinese take-out and drinking wine XD. Thankfully the alcohol content made me forget about my turkey craving and that was the one and only time I didn't go home for Thanksgiving.

Now my specialties (and I use that term loosely XD) or as follows:

Breakfast: I am skilled at making pancakes whether it be blueberry, strawberry, chocolate chip, or poison cakes (hehe I feed those to roomates/friends who have pissed me off) umm the ingredients are top secret for that one! bwhahaha & ha...

Lunch: I take pride in my tuna fish sandwiches they will make your taste buds drool and tremble in sandwichy ecstasy
wink.gif

Dinner: Well to be honest I haven't really mastered a dish that I'm confident in feeding a date or for any circumstance in which trying to impressive (for later umm rewards lol). If I were pressed I would probably make spaghetti but even then sometimes the noodles come out somewhat sticky. So it maybe best to just stick to taco making which I'm a real pro at XD.

Feliz Día de Gracias! i was about to post in "what are you doing?", instead i just necrobumped this topic made 10 years ago... btw thanks to Daft and other FTV members, who keep this site going more than a decade despite server issues
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back