• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

Well, unless the Brits screw up their third match as well, it's almost clear that the Brits and the yankees are going to play-offs at this point.
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#22 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jun 19 2010, 11:47 AM)
Well, unless the Brits screw up their third match as well, it's almost clear that the Brits and the yankees are going to play-offs at this point.

Its not a case of IF we will, i like Capello but hes a stubborn manager and there is one thing he doesnt do and thats change the system, his team and formation werent working last night, that was clear by half time, yet he still persisted until the 70th minute before any change was done. And the annoying thing is, is that even though thats the worrst ive seen england play in a long time, he will stick the same team and formation probably and wont change it.

#23 Nahrallah

Nahrallah

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music (playing and listening), Literature, Art, Needlework

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Ghana vs Australia
1:1

Thanks for reminding me that I should have been watching the soccer DoR. tongue.gif It was a good match. biggrin.gif

The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.
(Phil Woosnam)

<p style="text-align:center;">TkTaEGP.gif<br><br>"You're five hundred years old and you can't use a telephone?</p><p style="text-align:center;">Read the directions. What are you, an immortal idiot?" </p><p style="text-align:center;">(Daniel to Armand, <em>Queen of the Damned</em> by Anne Rice)</p><p style="text-align:center;"><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://blog.fansub.t...r=44'>Fansub.TV blogs</a> ... here's mine: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://blog.fansub.t...ahrallah/'>Muso at work! ^.^</a><br><br> Think different.<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...E=4&MID=45150'>FansubTVCrew.jpg</a>

#24 shinigamii

shinigamii

-geass prince~

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts
  • Interests:Anime why else would i be here?<br><br>hmm my interests... some are R rated for Randomness... Main interest C.C. yes i know shes an anime character... i dont care to be honest shes my C.C. and thats all there is... so what else does a creature like myself do.... i dont know either. o_O if you have any information please contact... forgot who to contact.<br><br>Random help line... i forgot that too. <br><br>Something i will never forget is how i claim C.C. as my wife. Someone else may have claimed her aswell but she's truly mines XD.<br><br>Why am i writing this.....

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Ausdoerrt. Can i just point out that it's not the "Brits" and rather the English. Some people get rather offended by that up north (Scotland).

Especially since we have our own football team (we failed to qaulify this time.) Only it seems that when England wins they're English and when they fail they're "British".

*awaits monsta's comment*
user posted image
Visit my city and see the shinigamii realm.shiniville

Check out my Random Blog.

user posted image
user posted image

<Trivia> Hint: The Pe**o* *u** *o* Me
<@KansaLovePrimula> can i buy a vowel
Jun: lol sometimes you really need a kansa-english, english-kansa dictionary

#25 Megiddo

Megiddo

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Shadow4126 @ Jun 19 2010, 03:17 AM)
The U.S. has been getting so lucky.

How pray tell, is having 2 points stolen away (and one point given to Slovenia) lucky?

There was no keeper snaffu as in the USA/England game (for that, USA was lucky, but England should have had a competent keeper). This one is purely on the referee. Everyone has examined that free kick 100 times and see no foul on the USA. If anything there was a foul committed by Slovenia. Unless of course, you can show me where the foul is? If not, then don't go chirping about how "lucky" the USA team is when they should be on top of this group by coming back and winning against Slovenia.

#26 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Jun 19 2010, 06:30 PM)
How pray tell, is having 2 points stolen away (and one point given to Slovenia) lucky?

There was no keeper snaffu as in the USA/England game (for that, USA was lucky, but England should have had a competent keeper). This one is purely on the referee. Everyone has examined that free kick 100 times and see no foul on the USA. If anything there was a foul committed by Slovenia. Unless of course, you can show me where the foul is? If not, then don't go chirping about how "lucky" the USA team is when they should be on top of this group by coming back and winning against Slovenia.

Well it comes down to your intrerptetation of the rules. For it, personaly i think the ref was right to disalow the goal (if thats what your refereing too).

And remember this is football some of the fun comes from debating refereeing desisions, im a Liverpool fan so i should know with that happened against Sunderland last season tongue.gif

#27 Megiddo

Megiddo

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

It's fine that you think the ref was right to disallow the goal, but UNDER WHAT INFRACTION?

What was the cause? What was the reason? Where was the foul?

Certainly if you agree with the ref's call you can answer these questions!

#28 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

You should like the public at the Politicians door tongue.gif

I think it should of been disallowed since i think 1 of the 2 USA players were interfering with play, cant remember the names though. If i can find a video of it then ill explain it better.

#29 Megiddo

Megiddo

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

Sure, have at it:

#30 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Actualy i take it back the more i watch the replay (not just your video ive browsed multiple) the more i agree withy you. But all i can say is thats Football get over it. Im sorry but if you want a sport where mistakes dont happen find another sport tongue.gif

Although readign various comments by Americans make me laugh (not here just other sites) Welcome to the World of Football biggrin.gif

#31 Megiddo

Megiddo

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Oh, indeed I know. That is football.

I just want EVERYONE to know. That the USA defeated Slovenia. They came back from a 0-2 deficit at the half to score 3 goals and win 3-2. It just doesn't show on official paperwork cause the ref blew a call.

As long as people know that the USA got screwed and should be on top, that's fine.

Cause there are others like you were just minutes ago, who agree with the ref, but once they look at the footage they'll probably change their opinion as well, because calling a foul there on the US is simply inexplicable.

Anyway, all the US have to do is beat Algeria and we're advancing. Or we could always tie and have England/Slovenia tie and we'd advance as well...

#32 Shadow4126

Shadow4126

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Jun 19 2010, 10:30 AM)

It was lucky that they didn't lose. The U.S. is one team that has always disappointed me even before I ever "spawned" into this world... Which doesn't mean I don't like the team.
I'm still waiting for the day they become champions. They were the best of eight in 2002 and would have been the best of four if not what happened with Germany.

Edited by Shadow4126, 19 June 2010 - 08:27 PM.

user posted image
Playtime Is Over!

#33 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

They're lucky enough to be in a group with fairly weak teams in the first place (except England but they seem to not be doing well either). Had they been in group B or G they'd have been eliminated by now, probably.

As for the ref's decision, if it was a serious mistake the team's always free to appeal. Given that it's just a group phase game I doubt that'd change anything though. There's been a plenty of ambiguous referee decisions already, nevertheless none of them are considered quite as "tragic" as this one for some reason. Everyone can learn to talk big, but that doesn't win a soccer game at this point, thankfully.

Especially since we have our own football team (we failed to qaulify this time.) Only it seems that when England wins they're English and when they fail they're "British".

Oh yeah whoops my bad there. And especially since I wasn't talking about them losing, I didn't use the word correctly biggrin.gif But yeah, shameful performance thus far, really.
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#34 Megiddo

Megiddo

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Group B?

USA could beat Greece, Nigeria, and South Korea. Argentina is the only threat.

Group G?

USA could beat North Korea, Ivory Coast, and Portugal. Brazil is the only threat.

If anything I would say that Group D is the toughest bracket.

176 minutes without scoring a goal for England, probably 10 or so minutes more counting stoppage time.

#35 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Jun 19 2010, 11:28 PM)
Group B?

USA could beat Greece, Nigeria, and South Korea. Argentina is the only threat.

Group G?

USA could beat North Korea, Ivory Coast, and Portugal. Brazil is the only threat.

If anything I would say that Group D is the toughest bracket.

176 minutes without scoring a goal for England, probably 10 or so minutes more counting stoppage time.

That over confidence at its best, South Korea have a decent team and are mroe than a match for USA. And you have a very good chance of struggling against the Ivory Coast and Portugal both have reaosnbaly good teams, both of which i thikn of better than USAs team.

#36 Shadow4126

Shadow4126

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jun 19 2010, 03:40 PM)
That over confidence at its best, South Korea have a decent team and are mroe than a match for USA. And you have a very good chance of struggling against the Ivory Coast and Portugal both have reaosnbaly good teams, both of which i thikn of better than USAs team.

Well said. Now both England and the U.S. are facing elimination. Any loss on their part is a disqualification for the playoffs. They better not get overconfident or that's the last will see of them for this year. Same goes for Slovenia and Algeria.
user posted image
Playtime Is Over!

#37 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8830 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER

To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;

NAMES: -

JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!

COMPLETED DORAMA:-

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1
    4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2
    5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)
    6.) It Started with a Kiss
    7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    30.) Boku dake no Madonna
    31.) Good Luck!!
    32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
    35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)
    39.) HERO

Currently Watching DORAMA: -

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)
    8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)
    9.) Coffee Prince
    10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)
    17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    27.) So I'm not so Handsome
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -

1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

The England match against Algeria was truly awful. It was funny seeing Spain lose to Switzerland. Cameroon are down and out. sad.gif

I feel sorry for South Africa but there's a chance for them, if they beat France but thats a really tall order but could be possible because of France's form. I think Mexico and Uruguay will draw or Mexico beating them by just a goal. wink.gif

I honestly fear the worst for England.....why isn't Fabio using Joe Cole !?!?! blink.gif

#38 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

Don't forget Nigeria, the so-called "African Brasil". Even though they haven't shown much this time around, they're pretty good.

Now both England and the U.S. are facing elimination. Any loss on their part is a disqualification for the playoffs. They better not get overconfident or that's the last will see of them for this year. Same goes for Slovenia and Algeria.

Elimination? Hardly. Slovenia is facing England next and that's hardly going to be easy, especially given England's current position in the group. US - Algeria is likely to be a breeze for the States though, if they keep playing at least on the same level as the last two matches.

#39 Shadow4126

Shadow4126

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jun 20 2010, 02:04 PM)
Elimination? Hardly. Slovenia is facing England next and that's hardly going to be easy, especially given England's current position in the group. US - Algeria is likely to be a breeze for the States though, if they keep playing at least on the same level as the last two matches.

You said it... "If!"

Edited by Shadow4126, 21 June 2010 - 08:57 AM.

user posted image
Playtime Is Over!

#40 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

It's hard;y likely that they don't though, Algeria being the weakest team in the group and all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users