28 replies to this topic

#21 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

I'll just push forward with the new tech that I have. It's been sitting around since November. The goal of the new system is to pretty much track all known animes, vastly increasing the amount of content available through Fansub.TV. I just haven't gotten around to it due to time constraints, but I think if I short myself on sleep for a few days, we might have something significantly new.

Just did some accounting this weekend, and it's prompted some immediate cost cutting measures. Hopefully the new lineup of servers will not affect the performance of the site.

I'm somewhat hesitant about pushing it through, since the new change will replace the entire front page. It's been more-or-less the same ever since the inception of FTV, but judging from the rate of decline, more has to change. If you have time and would like to help, find me on msn (see profile).

crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#22 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (daft27 @ Mar 29 2011, 04:12 PM)
I just haven't gotten around to it due to time constraints, but I think if I short myself on sleep for a few days, we might have something significantly new.

user posted image

Daft-sama following several days without sleep (click or you wont see the subs).

#23 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Mar 29 2011, 01:33 PM)
user posted image

Daft-sama following several days without sleep (click or you wont see the subs).

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

couldnt help but spam a little wink.gif

#24 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9157 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

Daft-sama as much as I'd like to see you improve the site, but I have to say that your health comes first out of all of this. We don't want you to die over this mind you. tongue.gif

In all joking aside, just don't push yourself beyond your limits here. Besides it's alright if you can work on parts of that list of yours one thing at a time right?

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#25 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2627 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

It seems that this forum is a bit low on ideas. I would say a nice radio station would be a good idea. Maybe the best thing is to make a connection to one of the already excisting radiostations like armitunes. I've seen it on delicast which just has a link (http://delicast.com/...itage_Dimension)
Maybe that would work?

#26 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:02 AM

I think the FB page is a great idea.

As much as I hate Twitter, it could also be a good idea to make a FTV account if we have Twitter addicts among the mods who could take care of it.

--------------------

Another way to bring in all sorts of people would be to offer links to streaming sites for licensed anime rather than ignore it completely in the anime list. More and more companies are moving on to the streaming business model, and that could be part of the reason we're losing traffic*. Instead of ignoring the licensed anime, I'd say still post them in the front page updates, but with a linkback to CR/Nico/FUNi instead of a download link.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently that's already being done.

*On that note, is there actually data on the traffic we're getting? Estimates are nice, but having hard numbers is better.
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#27 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

For the month:
-7.80% visits
+14.54% time on site
-4.50% bounces
+44.83% member registration

crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#28 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Sorry I should've specified...

What I was wondering is, how different is the actual site attendance now compared to before we started noticing a significant drop in forum activity (not sure how long ago that was really, and if you don't have the numbers for back then I don't blame you). Just kind of wondering if the perceived drop in forum activity actually equates a drop in the site's popularity.

What you posted for the month is curious in its own way though, I'm having a hard time trying to interpret what a small drop in visits vs high increase in registration actually means. Spambots more active? People registering then getting disappointed? Or simply a carryover from lower registrations the month before?
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#29 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (daft27 @ Sep 18 2011, 12:23 AM)
For the month:
-7.80% visits
+14.54% time on site
-4.50% bounces
+44.83% member registration

These figures imply to me that the actual number of visits is down (thats not vistors i think) but the amount of time each person spends on the site, ie the length of a visit has increased and also the number of registrations on the forum is up. This I assume is sucessful registrations, FTV has a fairly good anti-bot mechanism to prevent bot signups, so that being said this is all very good news.

In simple terms, people are making slightly less visits, but those vists are much longer, and more of them end up registering. This suggests the new content is keeping them interested for longer, so therefore Pulse is working biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users