Touhou Bad Apple audio skips

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Ryuuken_*

Guest_Guest_Ryuuken_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:36 AM

I have the Bad Apple!! soft-subbed v2 from FTV-subs. It plays fine on the default sub file but if I switch to complex subs, the audio skips every 3 seconds for about 1 second each time.

Computer should be fast enough. Q6600 OC to 3.2 GHz.

#2 truth2belief

truth2belief

-dono

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:27 AM

The video used inside the softsub version is actually the RAW video that our group used to make the subtitles from. In other words, our subtitles was simply added onto the original video.

The simple subs were made because complex subs don't play very well. In many cases, it doesn't play even on high-end computers. Top-of-the line i7 gaming computers and above are known to play the subtitles very well. However, once you hit over 1080p video, even those computers have trouble. Rendering these videos at realtime speed is a bit harsh on CPUs.

No, your copy shouldn't have any problems and yes, even a quad core isn't good enough. This is why videos are hardsubbed. In many anime episodes, the opening/ending video is hardsubbed and the rest of the video is softsubbed because of this issue. If you have more questions, you can see our FTV-subs forums and make a new thread in our troubleshooting area.

Original Artwork by JinK
Too lazy to go past "D"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users