your favourite quote?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Bulletspawn

-chi
Kouhai
What is your favourite qoute?

It can be inspirational, thoughtful, funny.
From history, film, anime/manga, anything.

But choose wisely you only get to pick one. Think about what makes your qoute special to you, why is this phrase better than all the other millions of phrases you've heard before?

Sorry I couldn't think of one myself, it's too hard to just pick one. I've heard many extremely inspirational qoutes from anime before some that have just wowed me on the spot but alas I can't remember any right now and if I could I probably couldn't pick.

P.S. Don't forget to tell us where your qoutes from and why you chose it.
tongue.gif

hmm I have several quotes I really like but for the time being I'll just mention one I really like from Milton's "Paradise Lost".
I like it because it reminds me of special living things are and how special and rare it is to be a sentient life.

"For who to lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being;
those thoughts that wander through eternity, rather swallowd up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night..."

It's basically saying : is it worth the pain to be aware? But then again we might never have been at all

I have lots, so hard to pick, some are in my sig too^^

I recently heard this one and its stayed with me so far:

"Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

It is special to me because first of all, its 100% true and applies to everyone.

I feel during a certain time I didnt head its words strong enough and fell apart exploring my own world without accepting any consequences that arrived down the road. As a result it became hard for me to learn from my mistakes because I ended up never making them at a young age. This reflected who I was as a result and gave me great challenges in life, but now that I'm older, I feel I've become wiser and slowly but surely I'm learning 1 lesson more as each day goes by, and hopefully, someday I can achieve a resolve that reflects who I was meant to be.

I have no favorite quotes. I like alot of the stuff winston churchill has said. but i cant find my list anywhere. but here are some quotes i enjoy:

"Nothing of importance has happened today". -written by King George V, July 4th, 1776 (journal entry)

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."
KENNETH OLSEN, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER OF DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION, IN 1977

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."
MARSHAL FERDINAND FOCH, FRENCH MILITARY STRATEGIST AND FUTURE WORLD WAR 1 COMMANDER, IN 1911

"[Television] won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."
DARRYL F. ZANUCK, HEAD OF 20TH CENTURY-FOX, IN 1946

This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."
WESTERN UNION INTERNAL MEMO, IN 1876

Favorite anime quote of recent:
"Shall i strip you naked and tie you up? Its about time the male students come to return the equipment. Yes...they will see you in your most immodest state." Kannagi Episode 04 <19:03-19:37>

"He Who Dares. Wins"

Its from Only fools and Horses is essentially Dell boys favorite saying. Along with "This time next year, we're gonna be millionairs."

Though one quote i have come to like very much is "Never get angry at inanimate objects." Since i play with engines etc... it gets pretty frustrating when things dont go your way.
tongue.gif

shini you realise the phrase "he Who Dares Wins" original came from the SAS before it got adopted by Dell-boy?
laugh.gif

I got angry at a tree once if that counts as an inanimate object? I hit it too, which urt alot..I ALMOST WON THOUGH
sad.gif

Hmm i never did know that. Though its a great quote XD. I like to use it. Yes tree's count as an inanimate object XD. You see when you get angry at something that you really shouldnt (inanimate objects are things with no life) you either brake it or hurt yourself. I have done both in the past when working on engines and it pays to be cool about things.

another quote I like, just because it sums up the mentality of the anime character using it is from Wolrd Destruction and is spoken near the end of the series and it is:
"Arse-kicking bullets!"
tongue.gif
it's just such an awesome one liner

Murray Walker was a classic F1 commentator but some of the things he said...

"It's raining and the track is wet!"

"There are four different cars filling the first four places."

"This is lap 54. After that it's 55, 56, 57, 58."

"The gap between the two cars is 0.9 of a second which is less than one second."

"Look up there! That's the sky!"

"Twenty four points for Schumacher, twenty three points for Hill, so there's only one point between them if my mental arithmetic is correct."

"There is nothing wrong with the car except that it is on fire."

"And Michael Schumacher is actually in a very good position. He is in last place."

One of the most romantic lines ever spoken in classic cinema...after so many years apart, they see each other...at Rick's Bar in Casablanca...they take one look at each other, and he says:
"Of all the gin joints in all the world, you had to walk into mine."
Wow...
wink.gif

I really like comeback lines and no one does it better then Winston Churchill.

Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put arsenic in your morning coffee.
Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it.

Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Beautiful witty quotes.

One quote that has stuck with me and that i apply to everyday life is "The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all."

Other than that i like the one in my siggy by the rolling stones.

Here's a quote that I really like. I first saw it watching GitS 2. I think it's from the book "Tomorrow's Eve".

"If our Gods and our hopes are nothing but scientific phenomena, then let us admit it must be said that our love is scientific as well." -Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam

I first read it soon after leaving my old religion, so it really stayed with me. Most people I've talked to interpret it like "Love can't possibly be scientific! So of course gods and hope aren't either!". For me though, it really opened my eyes to the human side of science. It's fun to think about. In the end, it doesn't mean much, but it's an interesting way of looking at things.

I dont know why I remember this line, but I find it amusing anbd it's stuck in my mind ever since I heard it so I hope you'll forgive me it's a Monty Python line.

"Can half a bee be said to be if, ipso facto, half must not be?"
tongue.gif

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Feb 10 2009, 01:15 PM) sakujo, sakujo (mikami teru - death note )
I lol'd

My favourite quote is in my signature:

QUOTE Where words leave off music begins.

(Heinrich Heine)

Heinrich was a German poet, among other things.

I'm a musician and I love literature. Words can express so much but there comes a point where music can "speak" so much more eloquently.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back