Your Worst Subject In School

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

kathie007

-san
Kouhai
well I thought this could be fun finding out what everyone's failing in school. The reason why I added or your worst job ever was cause I think there's a lot of people out of school already
laugh.gif
and you already have a job. so tell us your worst one. me, I'm still in school so my worst subject is French, Biology, Arts (is that even consider a subject?) and Technology. althought, French is okay. but you got to look at it from my point of veiw: I live in France, so I have to learn French. they have somthing like ESL over here for people who can't speak French. So I take that instead of regular french class. regular french class is like English/Language class for you. Biology, Technology, and Arts would be okay, if only they had diffrent teachers
dry.gif
. I hate arts
dry.gif
mad.gif
dry.gif

for moderaters: I'm pretty sure there's no other thread like this. If there is go ahead and close this thread.

My worst subject in school was always English. I don't like reading or writing very much at all and things like poetry and the such just confuse me. I'm more of a technical guy dealing with things like physics, drafting, engineering, and math. My sister got the literature side of the brain while I got the technological. That's why she's an English major and I'm a Mechanical Engineering major
biggrin.gif
. I use to be good in art, but then I stopped taking any art classes for a couple years and when I decided to try taking one again I absolutely hated it. I ended up cutting class a bunch of times and dropped it as soon as the semester ended.

MATHS!! Blegh, I so hate that subject, I was always getting bad grades last year, and I never cared if I did. This year is a bit different though... The grades aren't that bad as they used to be...
Biology is starting to get on my nerves as well.. not the subject itself, but the lessons and our biology teacher =_= such a @$^$*&T* he is... He didn't even mind when the whole class got a 4(1-worst to 10-best) on a test.
Physics is going a whole lot better this year as well.. so no big problem with that subject. (just too much tests, but ah well)

It's funny Kathie, I went to France 2 years ago with an exchange project, and a lot of pupils said to me that they hated English. (kinda annoying too, coz most of us, didn't like to speak French there either XD) It had it's funny moments ^^ French is a nice language, too bad I don't have it anymore though.

QUOTE (Noshi @ Mar 19 2007, 07:04 PM) It's funny Kathie, I went to France 2 years ago with an exchange project, and a lot of pupils said to me that they hated English. (kinda annoying too, coz most of us, didn't like to speak French there either XD) It had it's funny moments ^^ French is a nice language, too bad I don't have it anymore though.
they really hate it cause they can't speak it. in english class I just sit there and laugh like hell cause they can't say it right. tests are so easy cause I already know english. yeah, I know, you don't really want to speak french but you got to. but to tell you the truth, my friends only understand 3/4 of what I tell them. and plus they think (and they know) that I'm crazy.

My worst subject was Music, not to think that I'm not musical or anything cause I can play the acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano (and because I was taught on a Piano, I can also play on a keyboard) to a decent level. But the subject itself in school was awful, I took it for my GCSEs in the UK about 3 or 4 years ago and a Music GCSE course is 2 years of boredom of just doing our coursework. What was worse was that our experienced Head of Music at my school left and went to teach in a different school about a month after we just started the Music GCSE curriculum. After that happened, we had 6 different foreign, trainee teachers to teach us and it was awful and imagine how much of a mess that was and it was a waste of a GCSE and my time. I remember all we did during our lessons was doing our "coursework", which was a music project where we composed music on a interface program on the school's music department's computer and the program was called something...can't remember.
blink.gif

So, during our times on the computer we ended up not doing the coursework but playing around on the web but when our teachers came to check on us we immediately had to get back on the coursework and pretend we were working on it and at times I ended up doing my next lesson's homework during the music lesson before. At the end of the two years I ended up with a B, which was astonishing as I knew was coursework was complete bull that sounded more like noise than music......ah, but who cares.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

In general I enjoyed my school years......but now I'm relaxing on my gap year.
biggrin.gif

Nice thread you made, thumbs up for Kathie.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: -

Kathie, your English is really good, were you born in France ??
blink.gif
coz all my cousins who were born there can't speak or write English properly to save their lives not even a tiny bit and they're like my age (18).
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 19 2007, 07:35 PM) Kathie, your English is really good, were you born in France ??
blink.gif
coz all my cousins who were born there can't speak or write English properly to save their lives not even a tiny bit and they're like my age (18).
laugh.gif

heh heh
biggrin.gif
not at all JCD. born and raised in USA. I'm just studying abroad here in france. the real reason why is cause the figure skating programs is way better over. really give me couple years you'll see me at european championships
rolleyes.gif

oh and I can't get deported, cause I have french nationality too. that and American.
Back when I was studying in USA, I found that English was torture and way confusing. subject, verbs, connecting words, preprositions......all very very very confusing.

I was terrible at math and chemistry in high, although I really liked chemistry I just couldn`t make a formula right! Later on in university, I was terrible in practical mechanics, thank God I could write and pass at the theoretical part
wink.gif

When I was in school my worst subject was maths. I was always good at music theory and I have been told that there is a connection between the two subjects but that didn't ever seem to help me! "The Arts" have always been my forte.

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Mar 19 2007, 05:10 PM) When I was in school my worst subject was maths. I was always good at music theory and I have been told that there is a connection between the two subjects but that didn't ever seem to help me! "The Arts" have always been my forte.
It's so weird to see people/hear people say "maths". I'm just not use to it since I'm American. It sounds too weird.

I'll also say chemistry although it wasn't necessarily my worst subject. I just did not like chemistry at all. I actually found it to be really easy, but I just hated going to class. I ended up getting an A on my chem final in high school when I finished the whole test in 50 minutes and we are given 2 hours. The teacher was confused how I finished so early. I spent the rest of the time playing my DS as I silently waited an hour for the exam period to be over. And last semester I had to take chem and I kinda stopped going to class halfway through, but still got a B for the course. I just did not like chemistry at all.

Math hands down no question about it. Now it's not that I'm not capable of breaking down equations and so forth. And I can't say i got bad grades in calc but I absolutely hated doing it. I would so much rather write a report or read a history book. Although all quite boring in there own regards. Well I won't diss history but yeah. Just sitting in class while the professor goes over another long and tedious calculation just sucks all my hit points out of me. All the way down to zero it's straight to the game over and don't wanna save the data. Makes me want to die slowly like Manabi when she learned that it was *made in china*. Aug just thinking about made in china reminds me of a number 2 pencil. I want to bang my head against the nearest wall. Yeah i hate math that much even if it may not technically be my worst subject. It is still the worst.

Barbobot: Both "math" and "maths" are colloquial terms and, since I'm from Australia, I use "maths". Even our universities acknowledge the term. Of course, technically, one should use "Mathematics".

I suppose that I excelled at other subjects and, sadly, my maths teachers were less than inspiring.

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Mar 19 2007, 07:13 PM) Barbobot: Both "math" and "maths" are colloquial terms and, since I'm from Australia, I use "maths". Even our universities acknowledge the term. Of course, technically, one should use "Mathematics".

I suppose that I excelled at other subjects and, sadly, my maths teachers were less than inspiring.
I know they are colloquial, it's just that maths isn't used in America so it's just a bit weird for me to hear it. It just sounds kinda off and wrong, even though I know it's also right.

Barbobot: If I think about it, then I would have to admit that the term "math" looks and sounds odd to me. If one has grown up using a particular term to refer to something, then other terms tend to appear to be out of place. I think that perhaps I subconsciously try to add an s any time I see the word "math".

At any rate ... math, maths, Mathematics ... all of them gave me a hard time!
tongue.gif

Actually, I can comprehend the beauty of numbers and the ways in which they shape our world. Indeed, I respect people who choose this area as their field of study. Unfortunately, this was not a subject in which I excelled.

Okay, well I gotta say that Algebra is definitely the most troublesome subject for me! I hate math period! I'm good at all the rest of the subjects in school especially lunch. Lol.
tongue.gif
But the only subject that I absolutey loathe and is really terrible at is Algebra. I'm bad at Algebra I won't get it unless you explain it to me step by step a couple of times now that's how bad I am at it! Lol.
tongue.gif
Don't get me wrong, I master all my multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction its just that when I see all these formulas and variables and what not...I get so confused and stressed out. Lol. Its as if I'm overwhelmed with so much steps to do!
rolleyes.gif

But once I do get the problem and I finally figure out the formulas it does get fun, just not when I get stuck on one problem. Lol.
laugh.gif

I've noticed that I'm not the only one who finds mathematics troublesome.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (kathie007 @ Mar 19 2007, 05:43 PM)my worst subject is French, Biology, Arts (is that even consider a subject?)
My worst subject was French too, I was useless at it and I hated it, maybe because I wasn't accustomed to being bottom of the class in a subject back then (had plenty of practice since then
wink.gif
) but in the end I got a C so at least I passed it. I don’t know if ‘Arts’ is a subject, but I certainly enjoyed Art, I guess though that since Chem/Phys/Bio has been dumbed down to generic ‘Science’ in most schools that ‘Arts’ probably makes sense as a subject too now.

The trouble with foreign languages in UK schools is that they don’t start teaching them until secondary school, yet it is a well known fact in Psychology that people’s brains lose the ability to acquire language after about the age of 10 which is why they’re such a chore to learn at secondary school. I heard recently that they’re finally going to start teaching languages at primary school, only about 60 years after the rest of Europe realised this was a good idea (except perhaps France which I hear is like the UK in that respect)!

Ummm, English seems to be a subject I struggled in this year. I only got a 76 sigh:( That dropped my average below 80. But I believe, my teacher was the main reason of my bad mark, he marked very inconsistently. A student who did his work at the last minute (totally plagarized) got higher marks than me too which pissed me off alot. I seemed to work very hard but got lame marks no matter what I did.

QUOTE (Azucar @ Mar 20 2007, 12:17 AM)the only subject that I absolutey loathe and is really terrible at is Algebra.
Algebra was invented by the Arabs/Iranians for the torture of infidels.

It’s true: it all started with a book called Al-Gebr We'l Mukabala by a Persian guy by the name of Mohammed Ibn Musa Abu Djefar, a.k.a Al-Khwarismi (from whose name we get the term algorithm). Some idiot Europeans decided to translate Al-Khwarismi’s work into Latin and shortly thereafter Al-gebra started being inflicted on schoolchildren everywhere.

Math and science hands down. I had to drop out of my senior math class I was doing so bad in it (data management
dry.gif
)

In university .... I'm thinking it's Japanese. Actually, I'm fairly certain it's Japanese. Somehow, I'm doing poorly in the things I like and well in the things I typically didn't enjoy as much
blink.gif

Well, my worst class ever was Data Structures. I really really really didn't like that class, and I coudln't even complete the course. That course is the reason I stopped pursuing a degree in Computer Science.
As for my worst job, this is another hands-down sort of reason. It was working at McDonalds for about nine months. It was one of those jobs that the managers and even the owner had absolutely no problem letting you know that you mean nothing to them, but it was a job and it paid the bills, so it was something I had to endure untill I found something better.

Well, not to start completely off topic, but more like complete opposite, Math is my Favorite subject in the educational system. Just earlier today as reading the textbooks for my two online classes, I was day-dreaming about doing some mathematics work for a math class...to realize that I was still on the same page of the chapter for the past however long, and realized my current educational system doesn't have the mathematical capabilities of my previous university. Oh man I Miss being in a math class, but I don't want take college algebra that'd bore me with ideas of wasted time re-taking basic math after experiencing higher mathematics. I was able to take Linear Algebra, Calculus I, II, III, and Differential Equations at my last university, but after two years transferred into a technical college, whose highest math being something at or below Calculus 1. I had transferred near home with a quicker paced schedule (in other words on a quarter schedule instead of a semester) because of my lack of motivation without force of parental nagging, and I felt like I was loosing interest in attending classes halfway through the semester because they are taking too long to teach the subjects (in my opinion). Finals this week for my first quarter back home btw, and I like the pace, but am certainly missing the Math classes.

As for my worst subject... and as for saying worst, only that I did not do too well in them, but I, by no means, find myself hating the subject. Before college it was english, after college english class I've found my way to writing with much more ease and expansiveness, hence my extremely long replys, and thus probably makes history, being previous second worst for me, the new worst subject in school. I haven't been through a full on programming class yet, but been through MATLAB and a very basic introduction to JAVA, and those didn't seem too much problem, but hoping to take C++, C# eventually so that may or may not be troublesome..

Hey, I got it! My Worst Subject In School: Socializing - Talking with people, this is usually done in secondary education to build up personal network relations, even though some are completely unaware of taking this subject throughout their years, which may have lead some to have no or hardly any relations because all they thought about was making top scores. As for me I can't hardly find anything to start a conversation or talk about with people. Either they don't understand anything I'm saying (technically advanced for them) or I don't know what they are talking about (pop-culturally non-informed). I don't care what superstars just married or divorced or kissed or had a fight, I care that technology is advancing in a positive or negative way as well as familial relations and the raising of our future generations as well as keeping with traditional and historical lessons/teachings/usage. Being of East Asian heritage (half-Korean[South]) and living or visiting every few years with my Korean grandmother, I like their traditions and methods of living. I really wouldn't mind giving up my American population count if I could find myself over there enjoying life among the lands of my ancestors and their neighbors.

And to stop wasting the time of whoever read through all that, I appreciate the effort and hope it was of some worth to read.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back