Transcoding all files to AVI

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Cody

-chan
Kouhai
I think it would be great if all the download files wear in avi format as carnt play the mkv files sound and subs dont work or at least have the opsion of it please.

p,s.
I am new to this forum so would like to hay hello to everyone and thank the team hear for doing a great job.

QUOTE (Cody @ Aug 09 2006, 04:43 PM) I think it would be great if all the download files wear in avi format as carnt play the mkv files sound and subs dont work or at least have the opsion of it please.

p,s.
I am new to this forum so would like to hay hello to everyone and thank the team hear for doing a great job.
i think the problem is some fansub groups don't release it in avi format and only in mkv or mp4 formats and it would probably be a pain to the webmasters and all if they had to convert all those kind of files into avi files.

alternatively, u could use a avi, mp4, mkv convertor to convert the files urself into an appropriate format that works for u. although i don't have/use one, u can easily find one on the web.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 10 2006, 10:08 PM) it would probably be a pain to the webmasters and all if they had to convert all those kind of files into avi files.
It would also be a HUGE drain on system ressources. Meaning the site and all download servers would slow down to a crawl.

Not only would it be a bandwiths issue but trans-coding is a never ending pain in the butt. Theres demuxing, remuxing, resampling, filtering, Avisynth/Yatta, and a crazy amount of manual labor and time involved. Thats is why most groups will just re-encode in a different format than trans code.

Not to mention that statistically, the people who have a problem with the MKV container is very small. That and if you want to watch it bad enough, you will appyyourself to fixing the problem. I have never had an issue with h.264 or MKV, but thats because i take care of my codecs. CCCP pack even has nifty tools to obliterate all your old codecs.

Additionally, the communuity cannot cater to those who have oder compuers anymore. Eveyone wants smaller files, better quality, and more extras. This is forcing the community to move to H.264, which places those of you with a 1.2Ghz PC or slower out of the loop. Makes no sense really since my 625Mhz iPAQ can play H.264. Like i said its all about codecs.

QUOTE (Anime-Addict @ Aug 10 2006, 07:43 PM) Not only would it be a bandwiths issue but trans-coding is a never ending pain in the butt. Theres demuxing, remuxing, resampling, filtering, Avisynth/Yatta, and a crazy amount of manual labor and time involved. Thats is why most groups will just re-encode in a different format than trans code.

Not to mention that statistically, the people who have a problem with the MKV container is very small. That and if you want to watch it bad enough, you will appyyourself to fixing the problem. I have never had an issue with h.264 or MKV, but thats because i take care of my codecs. CCCP pack even has nifty tools to obliterate all your old codecs.

Additionally, the communuity cannot cater to those who have oder compuers anymore. Eveyone wants smaller files, better quality, and more extras. This is forcing the community to move to H.264, which places those of you with a 1.2Ghz PC or slower out of the loop. Makes no sense really since my 625Mhz iPAQ can play H.264. Like i said its all about codecs.
i agree w/ all esp the cccp pack. if everyone just downloaded that pack rather than requesting for all anime ep files to be in one suitable format for when certain fansubbers can't do that, i think that would be most beneficial to all. saves time and money for all. everyone also will be happy. unfortunately, there will always be problems like this, but i guess its nice helping ppl w/ problems to a certain extent (i hope that made sense. sometimes i blank out and don't remember what im (was) trying to say)

Hi could you please do your downloads in avi format or at least have this option as I for one hate kmv formate it messes up pc and so do all people i know in life seem to as well.

HATE it so bad this format please us avi so everyone can enjoy the downloads not just a few people.

Moderator's Note: Thread merged with existing thread.

Well we can´t change the format of the videos, since we don´t make them it´s up to the fansub groups which formats they use. I guess you just have the wrong player or codec when you´re playing mkv files, just take a look at this site http://www.cccp-project.net/ , with their codec you shouldn´t have any problems with mkv. files
wink.gif

If you have problems playing mkv files, please make a post in the Playback Help forum: http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showforum=12 We will try to get the episodes working on your computer.

The system here is automated and we do not select which episodes we download individually. Many mkv videos have been successfully downloaded by visitors on this site. If you must have an avi version, feel free to use the request thread: http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=1379

And to clarify .... this site do NOT RELEASE ANIME. The releases are done by the fansub groups, and they decide on what format to release in. This site merely offers a place to direct download episodes. Please keep this in mind.

I have cccp package and I have a modern pc just updated recently and everyone i know in person and spoken to on net all dislike kmv format files.
They actual are a lot of grief to work too.

QUOTE (Cody @ Apr 17 2007, 12:47 PM) I have cccp package and I have a modern pc just updated recently and everyone i know in person and spoken to on net all dislike kmv format files.
They actual are a lot of grief to work too.
Probably cause kmv still hasn't finished development. Even if you had an interest in it, you can't even find specifications for it. And their site seems to be dead.

www.katroska.org is completely gone... >_>

It might just be that it's some evil format that nobody knows anything about. Possibly introduced by the demons of hell... >_>

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Apr 17 2007, 01:44 PM)Which file on this site was kmv? You mentioned Lucky Star in your previous thread title, but the Lucky Star episodes are either avi or mkv.
I thought it was rather obvious that Cody doesn't know what he's talking about. And I'm just messing with the troll.

kmv = Unknown format

Anyway, what I can gather is he's just another self demanding leecher. Who, instead of trying to learn how to get an mkv to play or even just asking how, he decided to demand someone to transcode the format just for him and any other self demanding stupid leechers.

And if that's not enough he even made up crap to make his claim seem more realistic.

/me points to:
QUOTE (Cody)it messes up pc

Such bullshit and demands don't deserve any help.

I never said i couldn't get kmv to work did i now hmm?
Harukalover.

I said I don't like it as courses problems and not everyone can get that format to work and when I tried to play it the file format was in kmv and stalled my system up once also, heard from friends has messed there system up too.

And from lots of people offer on the net too and also when did i ask for any kind of help?

Woooh calm down guys, well but Harukalover was actually right this site doesn´t have any kmv.files, and I doubt that they exist anyway, and as for mkv files I´ve never heard that normal mkv files are messing up someones pc in such a way, especially if you use the right player/codecs, but oh well we can´t prove it if this what happens to Cody´s pc is right or not, but if you have so much problems with mkv. files then your only option is to request directly from the fansub groups that they should stop to release the videos in mkv format.

QUOTE (Harukalover @ Apr 17 2007, 05:14 PM) I thought it was rather obvious that Cody doesn't know what he's talking about. And I'm just messing with the troll.

kmv = Unknown format

I would like to point out he probably simply did an inversion

kmv -> mkv

Please try to treat with respect all members, even if they are less agile in computer usage.

QUOTE (Cody @ Apr 18 2007, 06:42 PM)I never said i couldn't get kmv to work did i now hmm?
Harukalover.
Then why ask for people to transcode them? I don't think this site needs to reencode a fansub just for you (not to mention all the other problems the site would get from fansub groups later). Learn how to do it yourself if it's such a problem or ask how.

QUOTE (Cody @ Apr 18 2007, 06:42 PM)I said I don't like it as courses problems and not everyone can get that format to work and when I tried to play it the file format was in kmv and stalled my system up once also, heard from friends has messed there system up too.
Prove that it causes "problems".

How do you do that you ask?

Easy, just reformat your PC or use some kind of virtual PC with a fresh OS emulated. Then save a Hijackthis log, dxdiag report, and Event Logger log.

Then try playing a mkv on that OS. After you do that save another Hijackthis, dxdiag, and Event Viewer log and show how a video container somehow messed up your system.

Also the stalls you mention are from a borked Directshow environment, borked drivers or even a borked player. Not because of the mkv.

QUOTE (Cody @ Apr 18 2007, 06:42 PM)And from lots of people offer on the net too and also when did i ask for any kind of help?

Exactly, you demanded for transcoding not help. If you want a transcoded avi instead then do it yourself or even ask how to do it. Instead of trolling and making up stuff about mkv's.

QUOTE (Bold @ Apr 18 2007, 07:28 PM)I would like to point out he probably simply did an inversion

kmv -> mkv
o rly?

QUOTE (Bold @ Apr 18 2007, 07:28 PM)Please try to treat with respect all members, even if they are less agile in computer usage.
I flame anyone who decides to slander something without any reasonable backing.

If you got a problem with it then delete my posts or ban me.

Won't be any skin off my teeth. Gives me less places to help troubleshoot playback problems.

Stay cool Harukalover , I think your post were always a great help in the troubleshoot section, but now just let it be, he just asked if we could change the files in avi format, and we told him that we can´t do it and it doesn´t looks like that he wants any help with mkv. files, so the orginal question was already answered, so just let this thread be, if he wants any help with it, then he will ask for it. And Cody if you really wanna have your animes in avi then just ask the fansub groups to release more videos in avi instead in mkv, or just ask in the anime request thread if there someone could give you the anime which you want in avi format, or download the necessary software to transform mkv files into avi, and if you´re clueless about that then just ask.

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Apr 18 2007, 08:47 PM) Stay cool Harukalover , I think your post were always a great help in the troubleshoot section, but now just let it be, he just asked if we could change the files in avi format, and we told him that we can´t do it and it doesn´t looks like that he wants any help with mkv. files, so the orginal question was already answered, so just let this thread be, if he wants any help with it, then he will ask for it. And Cody if you really wanna have your animes in avi then just ask the fansub groups to release more videos in avi instead in mkv, or just ask in the anime request thread if there someone could give you the anime which you want in avi format, or download the necessary software to transform mkv files into avi, and if you´re clueless about that then just ask.
Don't take me wrong, I'm not getting angry. I'm just a no bull guy.

Also being pro-mkv and anti-avi tends to help a bit as well... ;P

Cody: If you do want help, then ask for it (I'm more than willing to troubleshoot your playback problem with mkv's). But don't make demands or make up stuff about a format. There's enough hate mongers who enjoy making up stuff about things they don't understand as it is.

If you want a video in .avi, I suggest you use http://media-convert.com/convert/

Just select the file-type that's going in and select the file-type you want it to come out as. EDIT: You can use URL or upload a file from your computer.

This isn't just for videos either, you can use it for music, files, text documents, pictures, etc.

Also if you can download it as .file, you can right-click open it through your player, right-click save as, the add the type after the dot.

Exapmle:

Movie.(___)

Save-As

Movie.(type here: avi, mkv, mp4, etc)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back